UFO ROUNDUP, Volume 10 Number 25

  • John Hayes
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 21, 2005
      Posted on behalf of Joseph Trainor.

      <Masinaigan@...>
      ==========================

      UFO ROUNDUP
      Volume 10, Number 25
      June 22, 2002
      Editor: Joseph Trainor

      E-mail: Masinaigan@...
      Website: http://www.ufoinfo.com/roundup/

      LUMINOUS UFO APPEARS
      IN NORTHERN TERRITORY

      A luminous UFO appeared two nights in a row in
      Australia's Northern Territory.
      "Chris Peacock didn't believe in UFOs--until he saw
      one two nights in a row."
      "The retired bricklayer was star-gazing while he
      tried to get back to sleep at 3 a.m. Monday," June 13,
      2005.
      "Instead he was watching the light until daybreak."
      "'I looked at the stars, and then one of them looked
      like it moved,' he said."
      "Mr. Peacock, 53, woke his wife and showed her the
      object."
      "His 20-year-old daughter also saw it while she was
      getting ready to go to work."
      "He said it appeared in the sky south of his CDB
      apartment, over Mindil Beach and East Point" in the
      Northern Territory.
      "'I'd always heard about UFOs and never believed in
      them,' Mr. Peacock said, 'I know it wasn't a plane or
      helicopter--it was doing things you know mankind cannot
      do.'"
      "Peacock said the object centered its apparently
      random movements around the sky until almost dawn, when it
      disappeared."
      "He dismissed it as a strange phenomenon until he saw
      it again yesterday morning," Tuesday, June 14, 2005.
      "'Whenever I have woken, it's been there,' he said,
      'You would think someone else would've spotted it.'"
      "Mr. Peacock said he hoped more people would come
      forward if they had seen the object."
      "'I didn't know what to believe except that you have
      to see it for yourself,' he said."
      "The Territory is well-known for its UFO sightings--
      Wycliffe Well roadhouse, 380 kilometers (288 miles) north
      of Alice Springs on the Stuart Highway, once reached fifth
      in the world in a study of UFO incidents."
      "In April (2005), tourists took photos of an object
      flashing brightly as it crossed the night sky in central
      Australia."
      "Experts were unable to identify the object, but it
      could have been a satellite burning up as it reentered
      Earth's atmosphere." (See the Australian newspaper
      Herald-Sun for June 15, 2005, "Territory man sees UFOs."
      Many thanks to Mobtek for this newspaper article.)

      DAYLIGHT DISC SPOTTED IN
      OBERGRIESBACH, GERMANY

      On Saturday, May 28, 2005, at 7:30 p.m., Frank
      Buckelmann, 41, and his 14-year-old son were walking in
      the woods near their home in Obergriesbach, Germany when
      they spotted a strange object approaching from the west.
      "On this evening, me and my 14-year-old son took a
      walk in the woods near our home," Frank reported, "After
      passing the trees, we looked down the hill into the valley
      where the village was lit by the slowly disappearing red
      sun. We were facing south and, suddenly, a rapidly-moving
      object passed by. Although it seemed to have moved
      incredibly fast, me and my son saw it clearly. It looked
      like a cookie or maybe a dish but not quite as round-
      shaped. On top of it was a bright light. I guess it was
      a reflection of the setting sun, although it was nearly
      dark."
      "Since the object was very fast and brightly lit, I
      could not observe exact details about the surface of the
      object."
      "As far as I remember, it emitted no sound. All I
      heard was a gentle buzzing but not as high-frequency as
      the roar of a jet engine. But this may have been similar
      to a car or a motorbike. My son heard it, too, but he
      also cannot definitely state what emitted that noise."
      "As we realized that the object would quickly leave
      our field of view, we ran around a group of trees to look
      in the easterly direction. But we were not fast enough.
      I only saw the object becoming smaller and smaller as it
      moved away. My son did not see it leaving at all."
      "On the way back to our house, we talked about it and
      repeatedly took a look back into the sky in case the
      object would come back. But we did not notice anything
      unusual."
      "The next morning (Sunday, May 29, 2005), we called
      the local newspaper and gave an interview about our
      observations. I hope I can find other people in this
      region who noticed the object, too."
      "My son thinks it flew very low, but I think it was
      just fast. Very glittery, like silver. It looked like it
      was falling or zigzagging through the sky."
      Frank's interview appeared in the Augsburger
      Allgemeine Zeitung for May 30, 2005. (Email Form Report)

      NIGHT SAUCER SEEN IN
      REDMOND, OREGON

      On Sunday, June 5, 2005, at 1 a.m., the witness was
      asleep at her home in Redmond, Oregon (population 13,481),
      a small city about 200 miles (320 kilometers) southeast of
      Portland, when she heard a strange noise coming from
      outside her bedroom window.
      "As I as sleeping peacefully Sunday morning, I
      started to hear a singing voice outside my window," the
      witness reported, "So I got up and took my dog outside
      with me. Then a big gust of wind blew into my face. The
      sound, I realized, had become much louder."
      "As I looked up and gazed into the sky, I saw a
      flashing light. Looking closer, I saw the spinning disc
      beneath it. From what I saw, that's a freaking UFO."
      "The skies were clear, with clouds at around 1,000
      feet (300 meters). The UFO dashed away to the east, and I
      lost sight of it." (Email Form Report)
      (Editor's Comment: Saucers were active in the USA's
      Pacific Northwest that weekend. Read on...)

      SAUCER CAUGHT ON WEBCAM
      IN KELSO, WASHINGTON

      On Monday, June 6, 2005, eyewitness T.G. decided to
      catch some video footage of her 12-year-old daughter
      singing with her Web cam. T.G. recorded three minutes of
      video. But when she played it back the next day, she got
      the shock of her life. There was a silvery saucer in the
      background.
      "We live up here in Kelso, Washington (state).
      There's no question that I have real footage," T.G.
      reported, "I was using my Webcam and recording my daughter
      singing. I did not look at it until the next day. It was
      very frightening and disturbing. I have not let my 12-
      year-old daughter know about it because I do not want this
      object to harm her. I fear my recording will fall into
      the wrong hands."
      "It was a cone-shaped object, with a black-colored
      band around the middle. The video recording lasts for
      three minutes."
      Kelso, Wash. (population 11,985) is on Route 4
      approximately 64 miles (106 kilometers) south of Olympia,
      the state capital.

      KENTUCKY TRUCKER
      CONFIRMS SIGHTING

      "The UFO reported in Hammond, Louisiana on May 28
      (2005) by Shannon Brewer was spotted at close range by
      myself on (Sunday) April 10, 2005 at approximately 11:03
      p.m. outside Bowling Green, Kentucky," truck driver Earl
      Shelby reported, "I saw the entire craft at a range of 150
      feet (45 meters) above my head as I was looking into a
      farmer's field some 500 feet (150 meters) away."
      "The shape of the craft was more or less triangular,"
      he added, "There was one light, luminescent orange, on the
      bottom, and another, sun-yellow, on the top. No windows
      or openings. The approximate length was 25 feet (8
      meters) by 10 to 12 feet (3 to 4 meters). The craft was
      definitely on a landing approach to the field, which was
      to the rear of my parked truck."
      "As the craft passed over my truck, it started to
      sparkle and make strange crackling noises, and then it
      disappeared into the field behind some trees."
      Bowling Green, Ky. (population 49,296) is on
      Interstate Highway I-65 and Highway 231, the William H.
      Natcher Parkway, located approximately 116 miles (186
      kilometers) southwest of Louisville. (Email Form Report)

      LUMINOUS UFOs SEEN THREE
      TIMES IN ONTARIO

      On Thursday, June 9, 2005, at 9:45 p.m., Cate Grober
      was outdoors at her home in Gooderham, Ontario, Canada
      when she suddenly saw "a ball of golden light moving at a
      moderate speed really high up. At first I thought it was
      a shooting star. No way, though. It was too big and too
      slow. I had it in sight for one minute. The craft came
      from the north and went east."
      Imagine Cate's surprise when another UFO stopped by
      two hours later.
      On Friday, June 10, 2005, at 12:15 a.m., she
      reported, "I saw a large glowing ball of golden light high
      up. It was moving and stopping behind some very tall pine
      trees. It flew from the south to the west. I watched it
      for two to three minutes, then it zipped away--no trail,
      just gone."
      But the UFOs had one last call to make in that part
      of Ontario.
      On Monday, June 13, 2005, at 1:20 a.m., she reported,
      "I saw something high in the sky. Two glowing golden
      balls moving side by side at the same rate of speed. They
      were very, very slow. This time I had them in view for
      five minutes. They both came from the west and returned
      to the west. (Email Form Report)

      CRAZY CROCS STRIKE AGAIN
      IN CENTRAL CALIFORNIA

      Those "crazy crocs"--out-of-place alligators
      appearing in areas far from their natural habitats--struck
      again last week, this time in California's Napa Valley.
      "Wine Country turned into Gator Territory one day
      this week when a Napa man was called into action to help a
      woman whose yard was taken over by a 3-foot (0.9-meter
      long) alligator."
      "Greg Poulter said he was working in his garage
      Wednesday," June 8, 2005, "when he heard his neighbor's
      'little voice hollering.'"
      "'She said there was a big lizard or something in her
      backyard,' he recounted."
      "Poulter, 68, ran over and grabbed the alligator by
      the back of its head."
      "'He whipped around a few times and was hissing at
      me,' Poulter said."
      "Poulter managed to wrestle the alligator into a dog
      cage. He tried to feed it dog food and eventually turned
      it over to officials from the (California) Department of
      Fish and Game, who believe it's an escaped pet."
      "'It's a prohibited species. They aren't allowed to
      be within California's animal communities,' said Lt. Don
      Richardson. 'It's an animal that we don't want to get out
      into the wild to cause problems.'"
      "The gator's fate has yet to be determined."
      This was the third "crazy croc" incident in two
      weeks. Last week, crazy crocs made surprise appearances
      in Somers, Wisconsin and South Bend, Indiana.
      Napa, Cal. (population 72,585) is on Highways 121 and
      128 about 50 miles (80 kilometers) northeast of San
      Francisco. (See the Napa Valley, Cal. Register for June
      13, 2005, "Gator invades backyard in Wine Country." Many
      thanks to Mary Lou Jones-Drown for this newspaper
      article.)

      LAKE MONSTERS SURFACE
      IN WESTERN CHINA

      On Tuesday, June 7, 2005, "seven tourists from
      Beijing witnessed two large black objects emerging from
      beneath the water at Kanas Lake" in western China's
      Xinjiang Autonomous Region." The sighting took place at
      7:50 p.m.
      "They saw the two 'dragons' leaping forward, one
      after another, in the lake. This went on for two minutes,
      and then the two beasts disappeared under the water,"
      reported Chen Jilin, UFO Roundup's correspondent in China.
      "The lake monsters appeared once again on Wednesday,
      June 8, 2005. A photograph taken by a man on the beach
      shows the two wakes left in the water by the monsters."
      "These creatures may be the source of the many
      'dragon' legends in Xinjiang. UK's Loch Ness is not that
      unique." (See the Chinese newspaper People's Daily for
      June 10, 2005, "'Monsters' emerge in Kanas Lake." Many
      thanks to Chen Jilin for this newspaper article.)

      MORE CROP CIRCLES
      APPEAR IN UK

      Sunday, June 12, 2005 was a red-letter day for crop
      circles in UK. New formations were reported in
      Oxfordshire and Wilshire.
      On that Sunday, a large formation appeared at
      Southend, near Garsington, Oxfordshire, consisting of "six
      eye shapes on top of each other. The formation was
      approximately 22 meters (65 feet) in diameter. The
      central section was about 9 meters (30 feet) in diameter.
      Each track was two feet (60 centimeters) wide."
      The same Sunday, "a new formation was reported in
      Clatford Bottom, near Marlborough, Wilshire. This new
      formation appeared in the field opposite the Devil's Den
      dolmen, which was the location of a 1999 crop circle. It
      looked like three sunbursts in a circular arrangement."
      (Many thanks to Robert Fischer for this news report.)

      CATTLE MUTILATION
      REPORTED IN ALBERTA

      "He stops short of pointing the finger at aliens, but
      Ray Riguidel swears what he saw in his pasture last Friday
      evening," June 3, 2005, "couldn't have been done by any
      known humans or animals."
      "Riguidel, 68, has been farming near Paradise Hill,"
      near Lloydminster, Alberta province, Canada "his entire
      life. During that time he's lost his share of cattle
      under various circumstances, but the 10-year-old cow he
      saw last weekend was far different from the rest."
      "The udder was gone, one eye and one ear had been
      removed, and the sex organs were torn away. The remaining
      50 or so cattle in the pasture had congregated as far away
      from the corpse as possible. There were no tire tracks or
      footprints. There were no signs of a struggle."
      "Perhaps most bizarre, however, was the glaring lack
      of blood despite the numerous and carefully crafted
      incisions into the carcass."
      "'When you see a cow go down, you go look, but I
      didn't have to look twice. There was a guy with me, and
      we both popped our eyes.'"
      "'I've heard about (cattle) mutilations before, but
      it never really sunk in,' he said, 'But it's sunk in now.
      It's real.'"
      "Cow mutilations are a relatively recent phenomenon,
      with the earliest documented cases dating back to the mid-
      1900s. While cows have been the main target, less
      frequent victims have included deer, elk, horses, lambs
      and dogs."
      "In some cases, UFO sightings have been reported near
      the mutilation sites. And even though skeptics may scoff
      at these extraterrestrial accounts, no surveillance team
      has ever come up with any rational explanation for what
      took place."
      "After talking to a friend, Riguidel was encouraged
      to call Fernand Belzill, a rancher from St. Paul, Alberta
      who's been investigating mutilations for the past eight
      years."
      "'The reason I get so much publicity is that I'm the
      only (mutilation investigator) in Canada,' said Belzill,
      'I'm the type of guy you don't ask what's new, because I
      could probably bore you for an hour or two.'"
      "Belzill visited Riguidel's farm last Sunday," June
      5, 2005, and, based on his initial observations, he thinks
      the mutilation is authentic, meaning not the work of
      predators or a known hoax."
      "'I guess I believe in UFOs, but I'd like to see one
      first,' Belzill said, 'We're naive to believe we're alone
      in the universe. But I guess that's just my opinion.'"
      "George Larre, another rancher about 32 kilometers
      (20 miles) south of Riguidel's farm, had a similar
      mutilation take place about five years ago. While the
      scene itself was gruesome enough, he said the behaviour of
      the other animals in the area was equally disconcerting."
      "'The first thing I noticed was--her calf wasn't
      there. None of the cattle were there. They all went to
      the far end of the pasture and didn't come back for ten
      days to two weeks,' said Larre, 59."
      Lloydminster is on Provincial Highway 16
      approximately 135 miles (216 kilometers) east of Edmonton.
      (See the Lloydminster, Alta. Meridian-Booster for June 13,
      2005. Many thanks to Robert Fischer for this newspaper
      article.)

      MUTILATED HORSE FOUND IN
      SANTA ROSA, ARGENTINA

      "A mutilated horse was discovered at the Parque
      Raceway, on the outskirts of Santa Rosa, the capital of"
      central Argentina's La Pampa province.
      The horse had been missing for 15 days. Santa Rosa
      has been the site of intense UFO activity for the past
      year.
      "The horse showed signs of missing its tongue and
      left ear. An arch-shaped incision was present on its left
      wither, along with a rather smaller one on its abdomen and
      still another in the anus."
      "The absence of anterior and posterior lymph nodes
      was also discovered, with incisions in the animal's
      fetlocks."
      Researchers noted "similarities between this case and
      the one detected in the La Arana Wilderness Area, where
      the absence of large pieces of (horse) hide on one side of
      the animal was discovered." (Muchas gracias a Scott
      Corrales y Raul Oscar Chavez para estas noticias.)

      POLICE CHASE KANGAROO
      IN WEST VIRGINIA

      "A kangaroo has been on the loose for the last
      several months outside Charleston, West Virginia
      (population 60,000), perplexing authorities who have had
      problems catching it."
      "The three-foot (0.9-meter tall) kangaroo, believed
      to be a male, comes out mostly at night, officials said.
      He also appears in backyards and on (Kanawha) county's
      rural roads."
      "'People will call and say, 'I swear I'm not drunk or
      on drugs, but I just saw a kangaroo,' state conservation
      officer Clyde Armstead said Thursday," June 16, 2005.
      "The first person to report seeing the kangaroo
      called police one week after Christmas (2004), saying the
      animal was in their yard."
      "'The dispatcher thought someone was celebrating New
      Year's early,' Armstead said."
      "Some think it may belong to the owner of an exotic
      animal farm in a nearby town, but the owner hasn't come
      forward."
      "Armstead and three officers tried to catch the
      kangaroo a few nights ago after it was seen along a road.
      They managed to corner it, but it was too quick for them
      and it got away.'"
      "'There was no way to catch him. It was like chasing
      a deer,' Armstead said, 'And even if we did get him, I
      don't know what we could have done with our bare fists.
      They can punch pretty hard.'" (See the Grand Rapids,
      Minn. Herald-Review for June 17, 2005, "Kangaroo on the
      loose near W.V. town.")
      (Editor's Comment: Thus does life imitate art. In
      1963, the TV show The Beverly Hillbillies aired an episode
      in which a kangaroo escaped from its cage and hopped
      around the Clampetts' mansion. An astounded Granny
      Clampett remarked that it was "the biggest dang jackrabbit
      I ever did see!")

      HE'S BACK! LARRY THE
      WERE-HYENA REAPPEARS
      IN MALAWI

      "At least nine people have been killed and eleven
      others seriously injured when an unidentified wild beast
      terrified three villages in Chief Chilikumwendo's area,
      Dedza, located 70 kilometers (42 miles) south of
      Lilongwe," in the south-central African nation of Malawi,
      local police said.
      Police identified the victims as "Laison Letela, 50;
      Mtayizana Kalibands, 8; Bikoko Gobede, 4; a baby
      identified as Lunjikani; Talasi Joseph, 45; Nakofani
      Machitala, 40; and Madalitso Yosefe, 7."
      "The beast also attacked livestock, killing goats and
      chickens."
      "Police deputy public relations officer Kelvin Maigwa
      said in an interview that the beast terrorized Chimbola,
      Mbiyani and Dzalanyama villages around 2 a.m." on Monday,
      June 13, 2005 "and killed six people and wounded 11
      others."
      "Two others died in the hospital while one was killed
      when the beast, believed to be a rabid hyena, attacked
      more people at Dzalanyama."
      "An official at the Dedza District Hospital said the
      bodies of the nine people were brought to the hospital for
      post-mortem examination around 10 p.m. and were later
      released for burial."
      "He said all of the bodies came in with parts like
      legs, stomachs, hands and buttocks missing, while others
      had heads completely chopped off."
      "'It's very pathetic. In one case, police only
      recovered heads, legs and hands in pieces,' said the
      official, 'We don't know what sort of creature it is that
      can attack so many people within the one night.'"
      "As guardian of one of the villages, Kazako Lidisoni
      said the beast had the features of a hyena but with a
      strong smell."
      "Other guardians said villagers used pangas and
      spears to try to kill the beast as it was feeding on some
      bodies, but surprisingly it could not be killed."
      Malawi's "Assistant Director of Parks and Wildlife
      Haxwell Jamusana said the villagers believe the beast will
      return."
      "'According to the villagers, the beast was breaking
      down doors and pouncing on anyone in the house before
      heading to the nearest house or kraal,' he said."
      "He encouraged people to sleep in groups in houses
      with strong doors, adding that hunters have already been
      deployed in the area and more would be sent on Tuesday,"
      June 14, 2005.
      "Jamusana, who also visited the victims in hospital,
      said some of the casualties had shoulders, backs or
      something else eaten up."
      "Police have also been deployed, and these are being
      assisted by local bush rangers." (See the newspaper
      National Limited of Malawi for June 14, 2005, "Beast kills
      9, injures 11 in Dedza." Many thanks to Justin Sabiti for
      this newspaper article.)
      (Editor's Comment: My only question is--how did
      Malawi corner the market on weird in sub-Saharan Africa?)

      "NAKED ZORRO" GOES ON
      PROWL IN PENNSYLVANIA

      A weird prowler, dressed only in a black mask and a
      pair of sneakers, has been haunting Doylestown,
      Pennsylvania (population 8,227) for months. This week he
      was spotted in nearby historic Valley Forge, Pa.
      (population 1,500).
      "Upper Merion police are now cooperating with
      Doylestown police. They want to know: is it a copycat, or
      has the infamous 'Naked Zorro' struck again?"
      "Around 4:40 a.m. Monday morning," June 6, 2005, "a
      young woman in her twenties was jogging around the
      Lafayette Valley Forge apartment complex when she noticed
      a naked man running towards her. He was wearing a black
      mask covering his eyes."
      "The man peformed a lewd act and then ran off into
      the woods near one of the apartment buildings. The woods
      lead to a multi-use trail that runs from southern
      Montgomery County to Philadelphia."
      "He's described as a white male about 20 to 30 years
      old, at least 6 feet (1.8 meters) tall with curly blond
      hair. That's the same description as the 'Naked Zorro'
      who has been stalking women in the Doylestown area since
      New Year's Eve" nearly six months ago.
      "Far from the swashbuckling legend of Diego de la
      Vega, police say this Zorro is a pervert who can become
      dangerous."
      "Other residents of the apartment complex seemed
      alarmed by the news."
      "The witness was jogging alone before dawn." She
      noted that she usually "has company while she's
      exercising."
      "The apartment complex management has put out a
      warning to all residents. The police in Doylestown have
      several possible suspects, and they're now trying to
      determine if any of them have ties to the Valley Forge
      area." (See the WPVI-TV of Philadelphia news broadcast
      for June 8, 2005. Many thanks to Loren Coleman for this
      news report.)
      (Editor's Comment: Notice the name of the apartment
      complex--Lafayette. I guess we can chalk this one up to
      the Fayette Factor.)

      PREHISTORIC STONE TOOLS
      DISCOVERED IN IRAN

      "Recent discoveries by a team of archaeologists
      indicate that the coast of the Caspian Sea in Mazandaran
      province" in Iran "was home to the earliest hominid
      habitation in that region."
      Iranian archaeologist "Ali Mahforuzi said on
      Wednesday," June 8, 2005, "that 400,000-year-old stone
      tools discovered in the valleys of Shuresh near the Rostam
      Kola, Huto and Kamarband caves are the oldest ever found
      in the area."
      "The previous studies had dated human settlement in
      the region to have begun about 50,000 years ago."
      "'The recent studies conducted by a joint team of
      archaeologists from the Mazandaran Cultural Heritage and
      Tourism Department and archaeologists from the Mazandaran
      National Museum led to the discovery of several stone
      tools.'"
      "'The primary studies on the tools did not reveal
      their exact age, so the tools were sent to Professor
      Marcel Otte of the University of Liege in Belgium. He
      happened to be in Iran and he dated the tools to be
      400,000 years old,' Mahforuzi explained."
      Iran's archaeologists "are currently following up
      their studies to learn more about the people who made the
      tools."
      "My friend Kufa Yildaz is very much excited about
      this discovery," Ayesha al-Khatabi, UFO Roundup's Middle
      East correspondent, wrote, "She is a great admirer of Mr.
      (Lin) Carter and pointed out that the Mazandaran tools
      date from a period 100,000 years after the Age of Thongor.
      This suggests the intriguing possibility that Iran may
      have been settled by refugees from the lost continent of
      Lemuria.'" (See the Iranian newspaper Mehr for June 8,
      2005, "400,000-year-old stone tools discovered in
      Mazandaran." Many thanks to Ayesha al-Khatabi and Kufa
      Yildaz for this newspaper article.)

      ANCIENT CIVILIZATION FOUND
      IN CENTRAL EUROPE

      "Archaeologists have discovered Europe's oldest
      civilisation, a network of dozens of temples" estimated to
      be "2,000 years older than Stonehenge and the Pyramids."
      "More than 150 gigantic monuments have been located
      beneath the fields and cities of modern-day Germany,
      Austria and Slovakia. They were built 7,000 years ago,
      between 4800 B.C. and 4600 B.C."
      "Their discovery, revealed today by the (British
      newspaper) The Independent, will revolutionise the study
      of prehistoric Europe, where an appetite for monumental
      architecture was thought to have developed later than in
      Mesopotamia (Iraq--J.T.) and Egypt."
      "In all, more than 150 temples have been identified.
      Constructed of earth and wood, they had ramparts and
      palisades that stretched for up to half a mile. They were
      built by a religious people who lived in communal
      longhouses up to 50 meters (165 feet) long, grouped around
      substantial villages. Evidence suggests that their
      economy was based on cattle, sheep, goat and pig farming."
      "Their civilisation seems to have died out after
      about 200 years and the recent archaeological discoveries
      are so new that the temple-building culture does not even
      have a name yet."
      "Excavations have been taking place over the past few
      years--and have triggered a re-evaluation of similar,
      though hitherto mostly undated, complexes identified from
      aerial photographs throughout central Europe."
      "Archaeologists are now beginning to suspect that
      hundreds of these very early monumental religious centres,
      each up to 150 metres (500 feet) across, were constructed
      across a 400-mile (640-kilometer) swath of land in what is
      now Austria, the Czech Republic, Slovakia and eastern
      Germany."
      "The most complex excavated so far--located inside
      the city of Dresden (in eastern Germany--J.T.)--consisted
      of an apparently sacred internal space surrounded by two
      palisades, three earthen banks and four ditches."
      "The monuments seem to be a phenomenon associated
      exclusively with a period of consolidation and growth that
      followed the initial establishment of farming cultures in
      the centre of the continent."
      "It is possible that the newly revealed early
      Neolithic monument phenomenon was the consequence of an
      increase in the size of--and competition between--emerging
      Neolithic tribal or pan-tribal groups, arguably Europe's
      earliest mini-states."
      "After a relatively brief period--perhaps just one or
      two hundred years--either the need or the socio-political
      ability to build them disappeared, and monuments of this
      scale were not built again until the Middle Bronze Age,
      3,000 years later."
      "Why this monumental culture collapsed is a mystery."
      "The archaeological investigation into these vast
      Stone Age temples over the past three years has also
      revealed several other mysteries."
      "First, each complex was only used for a few
      generations--perhaps 100 years maximum."
      "Second, the central sacred area was nearly always
      the same size, about a third of a hectare."
      "Third, each circular enclosure ditch--irrespective
      of diameter--involved the removal of the same volume of
      earth. In other words, the builder reduced the depth
      and/or width of each ditch in inverse proportion to its
      diameter, so as always to keep volume (and thus time
      spent) constant."
      "Archaeologists are speculating that this may have
      been in order to allow each earthwork to be dug by a set
      number of special status workers in a set number of days--
      perhaps to satisfy the ritual requirements of some sort of
      religious calendar."
      "The multiple bank, ditch and palisade systems
      'protecting' the inner space seem not to have been built
      for defensive purposes--and were instead probably designed
      to prevent ordinary tribespeople from seeing the sacred
      and presumably secret rituals which were performed in the
      'inner sanctum.'"
      "The investigation so far suggests that each
      religious complex was ritually decommissioned at the end
      of its life, with the ditches, each of which had been dug
      successively, being deliberately filled in."
      "'Our excavations have revealed the degree of
      monumental vision and sophistication used by these early
      farming communities to create Europe's first truly large
      scale earthwork complexes,' said the senior archaeologist
      Harald Staeuble of the Saxony state government's heritage
      department, who has been promoting the archaeological
      investigations."
      "Scientific investigations into the recently
      excavated material are taking place in Dresden."
      "The people who built the huge circular temples were
      the descendants of migrants who arrived many centuries
      earlier from the Danube plain in what is now northern
      Serbia and Hungary. The temple builders were
      pastoralists, controlling large herds of cattle, sheep and
      goats, as well as pigs."
      (Editor's Comment: Much like the Aryan tribesmen
      described in India's Rig Veda and Bhagavad Gita.)
      "They made tools of stone, bone and wood, and small
      ceramic statues of humans and animals. They manufactured
      substantial amounts of geometrically decorated pottery,
      and they lived in large longhouses in substantial
      villages."
      "One village complex and temple at Aythra, near
      Leipzig, covers an area of 25 hectares. Two hundred
      longhouses have been found there. The population would
      have been up to 200 people living in a highly organized
      settlement of 15 to 20 very large communal buildings."
      (See The Independent for June 12, 2005, "Europe's oldest
      civilisation found.")
      (Editor's Comment: The name of that German town--
      Aythra--is interesting. It may have been derived from the
      Hindi word Aryavarta, which means Land of the Aryans.
      According to fantasy author Robert E. Howard (1906-
      1936), Europe was destroyed by "the Lesser Cataclysm,
      better known as the Flood of Deucalion" around 7,000 B.C.
      This temple-building culture might have been an
      unsuccessful attempt by the descendants of flood survivors
      to reconstitute the Hyborian Age kingdom of Nemedia.)

      MEXICAN CITY PLACED
      UNDER MARTIAL LAW

      "Residents of the besieged" Nuevo Laredo (population
      525,000) in northern Mexico "awoke Monday (June 13, 2005)
      to find their police force gone, replaced by Mexican
      Special Forces who took over this border community stung
      by drug violence."
      "Following a gradual buildup over the weekend,
      Mexican troops--some of whom were trained by the U.S.
      military--swept into the city before daybreak and took
      control of a number of strategic operations, including
      City Hall, the communications tower and police
      installations. They also detained hundreds of local
      police officers suspected of being in cahoots with drug
      traffickers."
      Nuevo Laredo is in the small Mexican state of
      Tamaulipas, on the south side of the Rio Grande, the
      boundary between the USA and Mexico. It's right across
      the river from Laredo, Texas (population 176,576).
      During the first day of occupation, Mexican officials
      said, "71 people have been arrested in Operation Safe
      Mexico, which the government says will target 14 cities
      that are being overwhelmed by drug traffickers and their
      paramilitary armies."
      "At least 600 people have been killed nationwide" in
      Mexico "in drug-related violence this year, most of them
      in the border states."
      "The Attorney General's office in the border state of
      Tamaulipas made a point Monday of telling reporters they
      are making progress in the fight against traffickers and
      have siezed more than 10 tons of marijuana and arrested
      113 people this year in a country where police of all
      stripes--federal, state and especially local--often work
      for drug traffickers instead of citizens, the sight of
      dozens of (Mexican) federal agents and their Special
      Forces toting AR-15 assault rifles left many residents
      elated."
      (Editor's Note: I saw the weapons carried by the
      Mexican troops on TV. They were M-16A2 assault rifles,
      the same type used by the USA's Army and Marines.)
      "'What's taken so long? It's about time,' said
      Eduardo Garcia, 37, surveying the scene outside City Hall
      as a paratrooper stood in the back of a Ram Charger with
      his finger on the trigger of a sniper rifle."
      "'I love the sight of them.' Mayor Daniel Pena said
      he was given little information prior to the start of the
      operation."
      "Faced with intense criticism for his inability to
      stop a wave of violence that has claimed the lives of some
      61 people this year, including a newly-appointed police
      chief last week, Pena appealed for calm."
      "The mayor insisted that everything was normal in the
      500,000-population" city, which contains "foreign-owned
      manufacturing plants" and is heavily dependent upon
      "international trade."
      "Pena's comments drew cheers from residents and
      reporters. In the absence of local police, (Tamaulipas)
      state police are on hand to respond to calls from
      residents."
      "'We're trying to see who the real cops are and weed
      out the bad elements,' Pena said, 'This is for the good of
      Nuevo Laredo."
      "More than 700 (local) officers were loaded aboard
      trucks and detained for further questioning here and in
      Mexico City."
      "Some U.S. law enforcement officials praised Mexico
      for the action, but said, 'We have sent them addresses,
      photos of suspects. Let's see if they really mean
      business, or if it's just a show.'"
      "In Mexico City, (President Vicente) Fox
      administration officials called on the U.S. government to
      assist in stopping the entry of illegal weapons into
      Mexico that have contributed to the bloodshed. Many of
      the weapons--assault rifles, UZIs and AK-47s--were
      purchased at gun shows throughout Texas, U.S. and Mexican
      intelligence officials say."
      (Editor's Comment: I'm sure the UN's Blue Helmets
      will someday put an end to those pesky gun shows in Texas.
      Or at least try to.)
      "Presidential spokesman Ruben Aguilar denied that the
      (Mexican) government was militarizing the border and said
      the operation had been in the planning stages for weeks.
      There are very clear signs of a relationship between
      agents of the Nuevo Laredo police and drug suppliers,
      hence the decisive action."
      "Despite the federal presence, locals took the latest
      drama in stride. A small (Mexican) Army convoy of four
      Hummers crossed downtown Nuevo Laredo. Some people
      complained that they felt like Iraqis in Baghdad,
      questioned by federal agents at outposts (checkpoints--
      J.T.) as they drove their children to school."
      "The amazing thing about Operation Safe Mexico is
      that it was predicted three months ago by the Times of
      India," said UFO Roundup editor Joseph Trainor, "The
      newspaper said there was a secret agreement between USA
      President George W. Bush and Mexico's president Vicente
      Fox to use Mexican troops to patrol the border--on both
      sides. Operation Safe Mexico appears to be the opening
      gun in this campaign."
      "Some analysts contend that this is all part of a
      grand plan to bring about a 'Great Merger' of the USA,
      Canada and Mexico. First, Mexican troops will control the
      whole border, from San Diego, California to Brownsville,
      Texas. Second, the border will be replaced with a
      demilitarized zone (DMZ) stretching 50 kilometers (30
      miles) north into the USA and 50 kilometers (30 miles)
      south into Mexico. It would be similar to the DMZ on the
      Korean peninsula. Finally, the Mexican troops would be
      withdrawn, replaced by a multi-national army of UN Blue
      Helmets. And the blue United Nations flag will be flying
      over every post office, police department and high school
      in the zone."
      "The UN is already involved in Operation Safe Mexico.
      As a member state, Mexico had to file a copy of its 'war
      plan' with both the UN Secretariat in New York City and
      the Organization of American States (OAS) in Washington,
      D.C."
      "The mission of the UN's Blue Helmets in the border
      area was defined back in 2001 by William Hyde of the
      International Organization on Migration. The Blue Helmets
      would be enforcing the UN's Convention on the Protection
      of the Rights of All Migrant Workers and Their Families.
      Under this Convention, would the UN's Globocops be
      empowered to arrest members of the Minutemen? That's a
      good question." (See the Dallas, Tex. Morning News for
      June 13, 2005, "Mexican special forces take control in
      border town." Also The New American for June 13, 2005,
      page 28. And the Times of India for March 26, 2005,
      "Mexican military receives U.S. permission to quell
      Arizona militia uprising." Many thanks to Jim Danvers for
      the Texas newspaper article.)

      From the UFO Files...

      1945: THE STRANGE DEATH
      OF HEINRICH HIMMLER

      Of all the luminaries in Hitler's Germany,
      Reichsfuehrer-SS Heinrich Himmler is probably the least
      well-known. He was "Hitler's hangman" and the architect
      of the Holocaust, but he was also one of the foremost
      European mystics of the Twentieth Century.
      Military cadet, street-corner revolutionary, chicken
      farmer, devotee of the Bhagavad Gita, eugenics advocate,
      Lord of Atlantis and a kind of Teutonic King Arthur,
      Himmler's life was pretty strange.
      And now it looks as if his death in May 1945 was
      equally strange.
      "Documents discovered in Britain's Public Records
      Office, Kew, London, confirm revisionist claims that
      Himmler was liquidated by the British secret service on
      (Winston S.) Churchill's orders, and did not commit
      suicide shortly after his capture, as conformist
      historians have long maintained."
      According to British author David Irving, who has
      written a new biography of Himmler, "Winston Churchill had
      long agitated in his War Cabinet for a secret plan to be
      approved between the Allied leaders ordering the execution
      without trial of a number of the enemy leaders, including
      Himmler."
      "Meeting at Hyde Park (New York state) in September
      1944, Churchill had readily persuaded (USA president)
      Franklin D. Roosevelt to sign on to this plan for lynch
      justice, but, after Churchill carried the document to
      Moscow in October 1944, (Soviet Union prime minister)
      Joseph Stalin surprisingly refused to agree, insisting
      instead on proper trials for all enemy war criminals."
      "Rumours emerged last year (2004) that Churchill had
      personally ordered the silencing of Benito Mussolini, and
      that the order had been handed to an SOE (Special
      Operations Executive--J.T.) officer to Italian partisans
      soon after. Mussolini and his entire Cabinet were
      liquidated by machine gun squads without trial in the
      closing days of" World War II in Europe.
      "In April 1945, Himmler moved to northern Germany and
      began negotiations" with the Allies "through his own
      Intelligence chief Walter Schellenberg and Count (Folke)
      Bernadotte, the Swedish emissary, to end the bloodshed in
      Europe."
      "The negotiations went through Sir Victor Mallet, the
      British minister in Stockholm. Stalin was by this time
      pathologically suspicious of any separate negotiations
      between the Allied governments and the Nazi leadership."
      "For a while Churchill was inclined to deal with him
      (Himmler--J.T.). Admiral Cunningham, Britain's First Sea
      Lord, visited Churchill on April 13, 1945 and wrote this
      startling passage in his diary afterwards: 'During our
      interview the PM (Prime Minister, i.e. Churchill--J.T.)
      mentioned that Himmler appeared to be trying to show that
      he wasn't so bad as painted and PM said if it would save
      further expenditure of life he would be prepared to spare
      even Himmler. I suggested there were plenty of islands he
      could be sent to."
      According to Himmler biographer Peter Padfield, "On
      10 May (1945, two days after Germany's surrender) he left
      Haeschen, and accompanied by Brandt, Ohlendorf, Professor
      Gebhardt, Heinz Macher and his military adjutant, Werner
      Grothmann, set out by car to make his way to Bavaria
      (southern Germany--J.T.) ...to join those many other SS-
      Fuehrers who had gone southeast to establish Werwolf in
      the Alps."
      (Editor's Note: Werwolf was an SS guerrilla
      organization designed to continue the war through a
      nationwide insurgency. Werwolf attacks were sporadic but
      kept occupied Germany in turmoil until the end of 1947.
      The name is German for Werewolf.)
      After crossing the Elbe River, Himmler, Macher and
      Grothmann "had to leave the cars and continue on foot,
      mixing in the straggles of refugees and soldiers making
      their way home, sleeping in the open or in railway
      stations or in farmers' haylofts. Himmler had shaved off
      his moustache, donned a black patch over his right eye and
      wore the uniform of a sergeant in the Geheime Feldpolizei;
      his two adjutants were disguised as privates in the same
      organization--a hierarchy that was, perhaps, indicative of
      his need to be superior. In the event it led to his
      downfall, for the Geheime Feldpolizei was one of the
      organizations on the Allied black list, and sergeants and
      above were subject to automatic arrest."
      On May 21, 1945, Himmler "and his two adjutants were
      arrested as members of the Geheime Feldpolizei at a
      British control point near Bremervoerde, midway between
      Hamburg and Bremen. They were transported to a camp at
      Westertimke, near Bremen, searched and interrogated."
      "Himmler was not recognized, but since he and his
      party had come from Flensburg and possessed notes issued
      in Flensburg, they were sent to an interrogation centre at
      Barfeld, near Lueneburg, where those with even remote
      knowledge of the Nazi leadership were concentrated. He
      and his two adjutants arrived there some time after noon
      on (May) 23rd."
      "It was lunchtime, by the recollection of one of the
      intelligence officers at Barfeld camp, Chaim Herzog--later
      president of the State of Israel--when the Sergeant-Major
      reported to the commanding officer, Captain (Thomas)
      Selvester, that three of the newly-arrived prisoners were
      insisting on seeing him; one claimed to be Heinrich
      Himmler."
      "Selvester went to his office and had the men sent
      in. As he recollected twenty years later (in 1965), one
      was small and ill-looking, the other two tall and bearing
      themselves like soldiers--Grothmann and Macher. Sensing
      something unusual, he ordered the two large ones taken
      away and held apart from the other prisoners. The smaller
      one then removed an eyepatch he was wearing and put on a
      pair of spectacles. 'His identity was at once obvious,'
      Selvester recalled, 'and he said, 'Heinrich Himmler' in a
      very quiet voice.'"
      "Selvester then sent for an intelligence officer to
      interrogate him and called (British Field Marshal Sir
      Bernard Law) Montgomery's chief of intelligence, Colonel
      Michael Murphy, at Second Army headquarters, Lueneburg.
      While waiting for Murphy to drive over, Himmler's
      signature was tested against a facsimile, and he was
      stripped and given a full body search. Two small brass
      cases were found in his clothes, one containing a glass
      phial which he claimed was medicine for his stomach
      cramps. Selvester assumed it was poison and guessed the
      phial from the empty case was in his mouth."
      "In any case, he ordered thick bread and cheese
      sandwiches and tea for Himmler and watched him closely as
      he ate. He noticed nothing."
      While they waited for Col. Murphy to arrive,
      Selvester's intelligence people tried to get a rise out of
      Himmler by showing him photographs of the piled corpses
      and living skeletons the British had found at Buchenwald.
      Himmler remained unmoved by the sight. "Am I
      responsible for the excesses of my subordinates?" he asked
      Selvester, "Did you hang Robespierre for the excesses of
      the sans-culottes?"
      (Editor's Note: Maximilien Robespierre, a.k.a. the
      Incorruptible, was the leader of the short-lived "Republic
      of Virtue" during the French Revolution. He launched the
      Reign of Terror in 1792. No need to hang him. He was
      captured by his Illuminati political enemies during "the
      coup of Thermidor" in July 1794 and guillotined with his
      brother, Augustin, the following day.)
      According to Padfield, "Colonel Murphy arrived at
      about eight that evening and had Himmler taken out
      unceremoniously in his blanket and bundled into his car.
      According to Herzog, Murphy was 'using all forms of
      epithets, including 'Come on, you bastard!' and 'We'll
      teach you!'"
      Himmler was taken "to (British) Second Army
      headquarters outside Lueneburg, where an interrogation
      centre had been established in a red-roofed villa at No.
      33 Uelznerstrasse...There, in a room on the first floor,
      Sergeant-Major Austin gave him much the same (rough)
      treatment."
      New research into the evening's events "revealed that
      the official files on his (Himmler's) death had oddities,
      discrepancies and inconsistencies."
      (1) "The autopsy performed on the corpse did not give
      the cause of death;"
      (2) "A vital page had been retyped;" and
      (3) "There was no message in the files of 21st Army
      Group, Field-Marshal Sir Bernard Montgomery's
      headquarters, reporting the event to London."
      According to David Irving, "Now come documents from
      the (UK) Public Record Office (Record Group F 800, file
      868) which provide more than just a smoking gun."
      "The first, dated May 10, 1945, is a Personal and
      Secret letter on (UK) Foreign Office stationery from Sir
      John Wheeler-Bennett, later a noted Establishment and
      Royal historian, to the famous British agent Sir Robert
      Bruce-Lockhart, of the Political Intelligence Department--
      which conducted Black propaganda against the enemy."
      Sir John wrote, "Further to our meeting yesterday
      morning (May 9, 1945) I have been giving some serious
      thought to the little H situation."
      "We cannot allow Himmler to take to the (witness)
      stand in any prospective prosecution, or indeed allow him
      to be interrogated by the Americans. Steps will therefore
      have to be taken to eliminate him as soon as he falls into
      our hands."
      (Editor's Note: "Little H" was British intelligence's
      nickname for Himmler. "Big H" was Adolf Hitler.)
      On May 12, 1945, Lockhart replied in handwriting, "I
      agree. I have arranged for Mr. Ingrams to go for a
      fortnight (two weeks--J.T.)."
      Irving wrote, "The former Reichsfuehrer-SS was
      carrying a letter to Field-Marshal Sir Bernard Montgomery,
      the British field commander (which has vanished--D.I.)
      His only cyanide capsule was found in his clothing after
      he had been ordered to strip naked, and it was handed to
      (Col.) Michael Murphy, head of British Intelligence at the
      Second Army."
      "According to The Illustrated London News story a few
      days later, a 'second' capsule was surrendered to the
      medical officer at Himmler's final destination, the
      ominous house at No. 31a Uelznerstrasse in Lueneburg,
      which raises a number of obvious questions."
      "After his identification, according to the official
      accounts, Himmler had answered questions, eaten a thick
      British Army (cheese) sandwich, and been driven to the
      house in Lueneburg--from which he emerged dead."
      "Although the British military files appear
      meticulous, even listing with suspicious detail every
      person in the room at the moment of death, many facts did
      not fit into place."
      "The prisoner's nose had been broken (presumably by
      Sgt.-Major Austin--J.T.), according to The Illustrated
      London News artist who sketched the body."
      "How had he (Himmler) obtained the cyanide capsule he
      had allegedly been hiding in his mouth (let alone answer
      questions and bite into that sandwich--D.I.)?"
      "The capsule descriptions varied, and bore no
      resemblance to what the standard issue (Nazi) capsule
      actually looked like."
      According to Padfield, the official time of Himmler's
      death was 11:04 p.m. on May 23, 1945.
      "At 2:50 a.m. that night (it was now May 24, 1945--
      D.I.) 'Mr. Thomas' wired from Bremen to the Foreign Office
      for Bruce-Lockhart in a Top Secret code: 'Further to my
      orders, we successfully intercepted H.H. last night at
      Lueneburg before he could be interrogated. As instructed,
      action was taken to silence him permanently. I issued
      orders that my presence in Lueneburg is not to be recorded
      in any fashion, and we may conclude that the H.H. problem
      is ended."
      "Bruce-Lockhart significantly noted on this telegram,
      'copy to PM'--i.e. to Churchill--May 25."
      Two days later, on May 27, 1945, Churchill's
      confidant, Brendan Bracken, wrote to Lord Selborne at the
      Ministry of Economic Warfare: 'Further to the good news of
      the death of Little H, I feel that it is imperative that
      we maintain a complete news blackout on the exact
      circumstances of this most evil man's demise. I am sure
      that it it were to become public knowledge that we had a
      hand in this man's demise, it would have devastating
      repercussions for this country's standing.'"
      "'I am also sure,' (continued Bracken) 'that this
      incident would complicate our relationship with our
      American brethren; under no circumstances must they
      discover that we eradicated 'Little H,' particularly so
      since we know they were keen to interrogate him
      themselves.'"
      "Quite so," David Irving commented, "Britain's secret
      agents had secretly and criminally liquidated one of the
      most wanted men in history, for whose proper public trial
      and punishment the blood of millions of his victims cried
      out; and for no other visible reason than to conceal that
      for a few days toward the end of the war, Churchill had
      negotiated with him on peace terms."
      But is that the reason why Churchill had Himmler
      murdered?
      What if the motive was related not to diplomacy but
      to Himmler's New Age ties and background? There may have
      been certain topics Churchill did not wish to see aired at
      the Nuremberg trials. Such as Himmler's boyhood
      association with the theosophist Dr. Friedrich Wichtl;
      groups like the Thule Society, the Vril Society and the
      Artamen; Himmler's court sorcerer, Karl-Maria Wiligut; the
      SS castle at Wewelsburg; the SS-Ahenenerbe and their
      strange archaeological excavations throughout Europe; and
      the real purpose of the 1938 SS expedition to the
      Himalayas.
      New Age beliefs also linked Himmler with the top
      strata of British society. Did Himmler correspond with
      Jiddu Krishnamurti and his mentor, Theosophical Society
      leader and mystic Annie Wood Besant, during the 1920s and
      1930s? What ties, if any, did Churchill and his American-
      born mother, the former Jennie Jerome of New York City,
      have with Mrs. Besant at the beginning of the Twentieth
      Century?
      (Editor's Note: Jennie was the daughter of Leonard
      Jerome, a Wall Street "plunger" or stock speculator of the
      Gilded Age USA.)
      Stay tuned. Himmler's secrets are only just
      beginning to be revealed. (See The International Campaign
      for Real History releases for June 3 and June 5, 2005,
      "It's official. British secret service did murder SS
      chief Heinrich Himmler." Also, Himmler by Peter Padfield,
      MJF Books, New York, N.Y., 1990, pages 606 to 610.)
      (Editor's Comment: And so, the Twentieth Century Fox
      Movietone newsreel of May 1945--narration by Lowell
      Thomas--about Himmler's death turns out to be about as
      real as Gene Tierney's movie of the same period, Leave Her
      to Heaven. Why is it we have to wait decades--if not
      centuries--for the real truth to become known?)

      Well, that's it for this week. Join us in seven days
      for more UFO, Fortean and paranormal news from around the
      planet Earth, brought to you by "the paper that goes home-
      -UFO Roundup." See you next time!

      UFO ROUNDUP: Copyright 2005 by Masinaigan
      Productions, all rights reserved. Readers may post news
      items from UFO Roundup on their Web sites or in news
      groups provided that they credit the newsletter and its
      editor by name and list the date of issue in which the
      item first appeared.

      or use the Sighting Report Form at:

      http://www.ufoinfo.com/submit/sightings.shtml

      UFOINFO: http://www.ufoinfo.com

      Official Archives for UFO Roundup, AUFORN Australian
      UFO Reports and Experiences, UFO + PSI Magazine
      plus archives of Humanoid Sighting Reports (Albert
      Rosales), Filer's Files, UFO News UK.