UFO ROUNDUP, Volume 10 Number 24

  • John Hayes
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 14, 2005
      Posted on behalf of Joseph Trainor.

      <Masinaigan@...>
      ==========================

      UFO ROUNDUP
      Volume 10, Number 24
      June 15, 2005
      Editor: Joseph Trainor

      E-mail: Masinaigan@...
      Website: http://www.ufoinfo.com/roundup/

      SMALL REPTOID SPOTTED
      IN NORTHERN GREECE

      Villagers in a suburb of Katerini, a small city at
      the foot of Mount Olympus in northern Greece, claim to
      have seen a brown Reptoid prowling around their homes.
      The report came on the heels of persistent reports of
      silvery UFOs in the skies over that stretch of the Aegean
      Sea coast, from Katerini to Thessaloniki, 100 kilometers
      (60 miles) to the north.
      Residents of the Katerini area are wondering if the
      Reptoid is a scout for an alien force. Or if he is
      perhaps an escaped prisoner or slave from the large alien
      underground base on Mount Olympus.
      "I would like to report numerous UFO sightings in
      northern Greece near Mount Olympus," correspondent Yannis
      Ioannou reported, "There were four witnesses--my father,
      age 60; my mother, age 55; my sister, 33; and my cousin,
      40. The location is a small village by the sea between
      Katerini and the city of Thessaloniki."
      "The main phenomenon here has been unidentified
      flying objects (UFOs) during the night and sometimes
      during the day. They say they look like 'spheres made of
      mirror.' They're really shiny and make no sound at all.
      They're travelling really fast, making it impossible for
      my family to grab a camera and photograph them."
      Throughout the area, Yannis added, there are
      "persistent rumours that there is an underground base on
      Mount Olympus. Many magazines have done feature stories
      regarding the matter. Credible researchers like (Greek
      ufologist) Mr. Hardavelas have also produced documentaries
      trying to reveal the truth."
      The Reptoid sighting happened in April. Danae
      Metaxas, "my cousin, 40, and her husband," Spiro, "saw the
      entity numerous times inside their house. They also tried
      to capture it, but the entity was moving really fast, and
      it seemed it had the ability to disappear suddenly. This
      sighting happened during the nighttime."
      Danae and her husband "described the entity as really
      short, only 0.9 meters (3 feet) tall, with reptilian
      brownish skin and with white hair. The couple was so
      terrified that they started seeking help from the (Greek
      Orthodox) Church and numerous religious people. They
      thought it was a demon or something."
      "The clothes that the creature was wearing were
      similar to what Arabic people wear," i.e. a burnoose like
      in Algeria or a galabaa like in Iraq.
      "My folks--who are extremely serious people--already
      believe that there is something going on out there.
      Nothing has been reported to the (Greek) authorities, and,
      in my opinion, that's a good decision, as the government
      probably already knows about these activities."
      Yannis is now looking for more witnesses who may have
      seen the Reptoid. "Probably there are more witnesses in
      the village." (Email Form Report)

      JAPAN TO LAUNCH A
      SUBTERRENE TO VISIT
      EARTH'S CORE

      "Japanese scientists are to explore the center of the
      Earth. Using a drill ship (subterrene or tunneler--J.T.)
      to be launched next month, the researchers want to be the
      first to poke a hole through the rocky crust that covers
      our planet and to reach the mantle."
      "The team wants to return samples from the mantle, 10
      kilometers (6 miles) down, to learn more about what
      triggers undersea earthquakes, such as the one off Sumatra
      that caused the December 26, 2004 (Indian Ocean) tsunami.
      They hope to study the deep rocks for records of past
      climate changes and to see if the deepest regions of the
      Earth could harbor life."
      "Asahiko Taira, director-general of the Center for
      Deep Earth Exploration in Yokohama, said, 'One of the main
      purposes for doing this is to find deep fractures within
      the oceanic crust and upper mantle. We believe there to
      be life forms there. It's the same mission as searching
      for life on Mars.'"
      "Material in the upper mantle produces compounds
      essential for life when they interact with seawater.
      'This is the system which we believe created early life.
      There may be a chance we can watch the origins of life
      still taking place today,' Dr. Taira said."
      "The 57,500-ton drill ship Chikyu (Japanese for
      Earth--A.T.) is being prepared at the southern port of
      Nagasaki. Two-thirds the length of the R.M.S. Titanic,
      the ship is fitted with technology borrowed from the oil
      industry that will allow it to bore through 7,000 meters
      (23,100 feet) of crust below the seabed while floating in
      2,500 meters (8,250 feet) of water. The ship requires a
      drill measuring 25 times the height of (New York City's)
      Empire State Building," i.e. 32,500 feet or 9,750 meters.
      "The deepest hole drilled through the seabed so far
      has reached 2,111 meters (6,966 feet). After final sea
      trials this year, the scientists will set sail for the
      deep Pacific, where the Earth's crust is the thinnest.
      Drilling is expected to begin next year."
      "It could take more than a year to drill through
      kilometers of crust and reach the mantle, so the ship is
      fitted with six rotating thrusters controlled by GPS
      satellites to keep it directly over the hole. The drill
      is surrounded by a sleeve that contains a shock-absorbing
      chemical and a blowout valve that will protect it should
      the drill strike oil or superheated rock (magma--J.T.)
      within the crust." (See the Japanese newspaper Yomiuri
      Shimbun for June 6, 2005. Many thanks to Angela Tarohachi
      for this newspaper article.)
      (Editor's Note: This may be Japan's first
      subterrene, but evidence exists showing that the USA
      already has a number of these strange vehicles. For more,
      see this issue's feature story.)

      UFOs SIGHTED TWICE IN
      NEW YORK STATE

      On Monday, June 6, 2005, at 9 a.m., Christopher
      Murphy saw a strange object approaching from the west in
      his hometown of Holbrook, N.Y. (population 27,512).
      "I was watching the road closely during my drive to
      work," Chris reported, "And in front of me, I saw a
      distinct white shape in the clouds. It was huge but
      seemed to disappear when I looked directly at it. The
      object was heart-shaped, and it was clear sky where the
      object was, with clouds surrounding it."
      Holbrook, N.Y. is on Route 495 on Long Island, about
      40 miles (64 kilometers) east of New York City.
      Thirteen hours later, on Monday, June 6, 2005, at
      10:35 p.m., Mario Obregon was "walking to my car, parked
      at the far east end of the company I work for," in Port
      Washington, N.Y. (population 15,215), when "I noticed two
      bright lights traveling from east to west. Not very high
      and traveling at speeds similar to the small planes that
      fly over the area."
      "There was no noise at all."
      "I kept watching the lights as I was walking to my
      car. As the lights passed above and just to my right, I
      noticed that the distance (gap--M.O.) between them began
      to broaden a bit. A few seconds later, the two lights
      split. One went northwest, and the other kept traveling
      west. Very strange."
      "Speed was the same throughout the flight. They
      weren't blinking, just two white lights. I lost track of
      them as the one traveling northwest disappeared behind the
      building I work in. The other dipped behind some tall
      trees."
      Port Washington is on the north shore of Long Island,
      about 20 miles (32 kilometers) east of New York City.
      (Email Form Report)

      DAYLIGHT DISC SIGHTED IN
      BERKELEY, CALIFORNIA

      On June 6, 2005, at 6:22 a.m., Markius Latourneau was
      at the Bay Area Rapid Transit (BART) station on Shattuck
      Avenue in Berkeley, California (population 102,743) when
      he spotted a silvery saucer passing overhead.
      "I caught a glimpse of an aerial phenomenon at 6:22
      a.m.," Markius reported, "In my line of sight, it moved
      from north to south without making a sound. It appeared
      to be climbing at one point. The whole incident lasted
      less than 20 seconds. I was standing on Shattuck Avenue
      outside the Bay Area Rapid Transit station, heading to
      work. I was not able to identify the object I saw, and it
      behaved in a way that was not indicative of any earthly
      aircraft. I couldn't say for sure if anyone else saw the
      object I saw, but what I witnessed was remarkable."
      "The object was silver in color and looked oval and
      slightly elongated. The object appeared to be two miles
      (3,200 meters) above ground and was traveling at about 300
      miles per hour (500 kilometers per hour--J.T.) As it
      moved and climbed, it became stationary for maybe 18
      seconds, then faded and dissipated." (Email Form Report)

      CRAZY CROCS INVADE
      THE USA's MIDWEST

      The phenomenon known as "crazy crocs"--out-of-place
      alligators found in places far from their natural habitat-
      -occurred twice last week, in Wisconsin and Indiana.
      "A four-foot (1.3-meter) long alligator that gave a
      woman a scare in her yard will stay in a local fire
      station for a week until it can be transported to a more
      hospitable place for the species--Florida."
      "Carol Fischer, chairwoman of the town of Somers,"
      Wisconsin "spent part of Friday," June 10, 2005,
      "searching for a larger animal crate to house the
      alligator, nicknamed 'Wally' by local officials."
      "'We really don't know what to do with him,' Fischer
      said, 'Since he'll be here a week, we need to give him
      better quarters. It is not like a stray dog. You just
      can't take it to a humane society and hope someone adopts
      him.'"
      "Until the gator can be relocated, Fire Station 1
      will be its home."
      "Mary Anne Cline said she spotted the alligator
      Thursday afternoon," June 9, 2005, "standing between two
      trees in her yard, and she thought it was dead until it
      opened its mouth and gave her a stare."
      "It took two Kenosha County deputies and the Somers
      humane agent, Bob Warren, to get the alligator into
      Cline's dog cage."
      "Sheriff's Sgt. Robert Croeker said authorities are
      investigating where the alligator came from but doubted
      its owner would be found."
      "'We're assuming someone had it when it was small,
      and it got out of hand,' Croeker said."
      Somers, Wis. is on Lake Michigan's western shore,
      approximately 34 miles (56 kilometers) south of Milwaukee.
      On Wednesday, June 8, 2005, in South Bend, Indiana,
      "a two-and-a-half foot (0.7-meter) long alligator found in
      the St. Joseph River was killed several days after it was
      first spotted, a state conservation officer said."
      "Officials feared someone would get hurt trying to
      catch the gator."
      "Zoos would not accept the alligator because of
      possible diseases, said Rod Edgell, a Department of
      Natural Resources biologist."
      South Bend (population 107,789) is on Indiana
      Highways 20 and 31, located approximately 87 miles (139
      kilometers) east of Chicago. (See the Duluth, Minn. News-
      Tribune for June 12, 2005, "Four-foot gator will stay at
      fire station," page 6B; and USA Today for June 9, 2005,
      "Across the USA--Indiana," page 7A.)

      CROP CIRCLES APPEAR IN
      CANADA AND THE
      NETHERLANDS

      Canada reported its first crop circle of 2005 last
      week.
      On Friday, June 3, 2005, a crop circle was found in a
      field of grass in Sandy Bay, Manitoba. Three days later,
      the site was investigated by members of the Canadian Crop
      Circle Research Network (CCCRN) Manitoba chapter.
      According to CCCRN spokesman Paul Anderson, the
      formation consisted of "an unusual 'miniature dumbbell' in
      short grass, approximately 3.3 meters (10 feet) in
      diameter and similar in shape to early 1990s formations in
      England. Each end circle (dumbbell--J.T.) contained a set
      on concentric circles. Whether the grass at the site is
      flattened or dead is not yet known."
      On Sunday, May 22, 2005, "a crop circle was
      discovered near Doetinchem, in the Gunderland province of
      the Netherlands. The lay of the grass was counter-
      clockwise. The people who are living next to the field
      could tell that the ring was not the result of a breeze
      moving in circles. There was nothing special to see in
      the center--no hole and no footprints. The ring measured
      13 to 15 meters (44 to 50 feet) in diameter."
      Doetinchem is 70 kilometers (42 miles) southeast of
      Amsterdam, the national capital, and 25 kilometers (15
      miles) east of Arnhem, the site of Operation Market
      Garden, a famous battle of World War II. (Many thanks to
      Paul Anderson and Robert Fischer for these reports.)

      FROGS FALL FROM THE SKY
      AT ODZACI, SERBIA

      "Traffic came to a halt and locals fled indoors as
      thousands of frogs fell from the sky onto a Serbian
      village."
      "Residents of Odzaci told the newspaper Blid that
      they thought the world was coming to an end."
      The bizarre shower took place on Monday, June 6,
      2005.
      "Aleksandar Ciric said, 'I was told that small frogs
      just started raining down. There were thousands of
      them.'"
      "Another villager, Caja Jovanovic, said, 'This huge
      cloud just seemed to come out of nowhere, and its shape
      and colour looked very strange. We were all wondering
      what it was when frogs started to fall from the sky. I
      thought maybe a plane carrying frogs exploded in mid-
      air.'"
      "However, climatology expert Slavisa Ignjatovic said
      there was a simple scientific explanation for the
      incident. He said, 'A whirlwind has sucked up the frogs
      from a lake, the sea or some other body of water somewhere
      else and carried them to Odzaci where they fell to the
      ground. It is a recognized scientific phenomena.'"
      "Science, my ass!" commented Terry Duckworth, who
      styles himself as the Archimagos Maximus of Tsathoggua.
      "We've been hoping for a manifestation, and here it is!
      Praise Tsathoggua! He rules the Balkans--just rules them.
      We're going up to Chopmist Hill tonight and smoke some
      extra-large poopers to give thanks."
      Whatever the cause, frogs falling from the sky is one
      of the longest-running strange phenomena on Earth.
      Charles Fort, the father of ufology, documented nine cases
      of frog falls, from the one in Toulouse, France in August
      1804 to the one in Stirling, Connecticut on July 31, 1921.
      (See the Serbian newspaper Blid for June 7, 2005, "Frogs
      rain down on Odzaci." Many thanks to Terry Duckworth for
      this newspaper article. See also The Complete Books of
      Charles Fort, Dover Publications, New York, N.Y., 1974,
      pages 48, 81, 95, 183, 184, 190, 302, 525 and 544.)

      PHANTOM PANTHER SEEN
      AT BEXLEYHEATH, UK

      "The Beast of Bexley has returned, and this time it
      has left behind a large paw print."
      "The large black panther, which has been spotted
      stalking areas of Bexley over the past three years, made
      its latest appearance last Thursday," June 2, 2005.
      "It was seen in Bexleyheath by astonished care worker
      Jim Hornby, 48, at his work just off the Bexleyheath
      Broadway."
      "He said: 'It was sometime between 11 p.m. and
      midnight. I was in the utility room at the back of the
      building and standing next to the open door which leads
      into the car park (parking lot in the USA--J.T.) and then
      onto woods.'"
      "'I was chatting with the night supervisor when I saw
      something out of the corner of my eye, moving in the car
      park. I turned and saw the shape of a big black cat,
      creeping along the ground on its belly by the side of my
      car, as if it was stalking something.'"
      "Mr. Hornsby, from St. James Close, Plumstead,
      confessed he was so surprized he swore. He added: 'I said
      to the supervisor, 'What the hell is that!?' She also
      caught a glimpse of it, and she replied, 'I don't know.'"
      "Mr. Hornby then dashed out onto the car park to try
      and get another look at the creature, but, by the time he
      got there, it was gone."
      "He said: 'It was much bigger than an ordinary cat, a
      fox or even a dog. We all spent the rest of the night
      trying to work out what the supervisor and I had seen.'"
      "But there was another big surprize waiting."
      "The care home where Mr. Hornby works has a sensory
      garden which includes an area of sand."
      "The following morning, when the staff went out for
      another look, they found a perfectly-preserved huge paw
      print in the sand. It was nearly 5 inches (12.5
      centimeters) across, and its depth indicated that it was
      made by something heavy."
      "Mr. Hornby said: 'A couple of weeks ago, one of the
      doves went missing from next door. All they found were
      feathers and a lot of blood. I was not frightened, but
      now I am really curious. I have never seen anything like
      it before. I couldn't make out any features but the shape
      of a cat, nearly as big as a man.'"
      "In the past year, the 'Beast of Bexley' as it has
      been dubbed, has been seen at the Hillview Cemetery in
      Welling, around the woodlands at Shooters Hill, Plumstead
      Common, Danson Park, Barnehurst and Northumberland Heath."
      "Danny Bamping, founder of the British Big Cats
      Society, said: 'Looking at the paw print, I was quite
      convinced that it was made by a big cat. There are no
      claws visible in the print, and cats are the only animals
      that do not have their claws out when they walk. This
      sighting was particularly strong. Two people saw it, and
      it was in an area where big cats have been seen before. I
      would say it was highly likely it was a big cat." (See
      BBC News for June 10, 2005, "Return of the beast." Many
      thanks to Robert Fischer, UFO Roundup's phantom panther
      expert, for this news story.)

      TITAN MAY HAVE AN
      ICE VOLCANO

      "The possible discovery of an ice volcano on Saturn's
      moon, Titan, may solve one of the lingering mysteries
      about the strange satellite with the smog-choked
      atmosphere."
      "Scientists have wondered for decades where the
      methane in Titan's atmosphere came from. Titan, Saturn's
      largest moon, is the only moon in the solar system with a
      substantial atmosphere. Most of that atmosphere is
      nitrogen, with up to 3 percent of it composed of methane."
      "Investigators theorized that it could have come from
      a methane-rich hydrocarbon ocean that covered much of the
      moon. But instruments aboard the Cassini spacecraft,
      which has been investigating the moon since late last
      year, have failed to turn up evidence of such a sea."
      "A recent fly-by of Titan has now produced an image
      of a circular feature about 19 miles (31 kilometers) in
      diameter with two wings extending to the west, scientists
      reported Thursday," June 9, 2005, "in the journal Nature."
      "Scientists believe the wings represent repeated
      flows from a volcano that spews ice and liquid methane,
      instead of molten rock. Researchers have noted similar
      physical features surrounding volcanoes on Earth and
      Venus."
      "This raises the possibility that the atmospheric
      methane comes from a subsurface source of liquid methane
      that is vented to the atmosphere by erupting volcanoes."
      "The eruptions are possibly caused by heat generated
      by tidal movements in the liquid methane inside Titan."
      "'We all thought volcanoes had to exist on Titan, and
      now we've found the most convincing evidence to date,'
      said Bonnie Buratti, a member of the team at the Jet
      Propulsion Laboratory" in Pasadena, California "analyzing
      results of Cassini's infrared mapping spectrometer. 'This
      is exactly what we've been looking for.'" (See the
      Duluth, Minn. News-Tribune for June 12, 2005, "Possible
      ice volcano found on Saturn's largest moon, Titan," page
      15A.)

      ZUNDEL DENIED VISITORS
      IN GERMAN PRISON

      Ernst Zundel, the "outcast ufologist," this week
      marks 100 days of incarceration at the German prison in
      Mannheim. And, just like the period from March 2003 to
      March 2005 in Canada, Zundel is being held incommunicado.
      He has also yet to be charged with any crime.
      "Ernst is not allowed to make any telephone calls
      whatsoever," his wife Ingrid Rimland Zundel reported,
      "Apparently, not even to his attorney. Secondly, he is
      not allowed to discuss anything related to his upcoming
      trial. That means he is not allowed to vette potential
      (friendly) witnesses or call on his trusted subordinate
      advisors for input."
      Born in the Schwarzwald (Black Forest) near Pforzheim
      in 1939, Zundel emigrated to Canada in 1958. He lived in
      the Toronto area until he emigrated to the USA in 2000. A
      self-employed writer and publisher, Zundel wrote two books
      about UFOs and the Antarctic Reich--Secret Nazi Polar
      Expeditions in 1978 and Hitler at the South Pole in 1979.
      But Zundel got into trouble when he published Did Six
      Million Really Die? , a booklet which questioned the
      claims of the Holocaust. He was charged under Canada's
      "hate crimes" law and was the defendant in two sensational
      Canadian trials in 1985 and 1988.
      In February 2003, Zundel, now living in Pigeon Forge,
      Tennessee, got into a dispute with the Immigration and
      Naturalization Service (INS). He was arrested and
      deported to Niagara Falls, Ontario. He was jailed there
      briefly before being sent to Toronto's Metro West
      Detention Center as a "security risk" under Canadian
      legislation passed after the September 11, 2001 terrorist
      attacks. Zundel was held for two years at Metro West and
      was never charged with any crime.
      Ingrid reported that "the (German) arrest warrant, as
      far as I can tell, cites three documents on the Zundelsite
      and one comment in his (Canadian) prison letter to
      supporters."
      "Ernst reports that 60 kilograms (120 pounds--J.T.)
      of allegedly 'incriminating' documents have been released
      to his attorney" following review by the prosecutors. In
      March 2005, German officials said Zundel might be tried
      for "Holocaust denial," even though as a resident alien in
      the USA his opinions were protected by the First Amendment
      of the USA's Bill of Rights.
      "Meanwhile," Ingrid added, "we have experienced a
      smallish victory of sorts in that the FBI declassified
      about 90 pages of what they collected on Ernst. A total
      of 118 pages have been reviewed. Twenty-eight pages are
      still being withheld."
      Many of the declassified Ernst Zundel reports have
      been redacted, i.e. have names and places blacked out to
      protect FBI sources.
      "There is one page that will not be declassified
      until 2026," Ingrid reported, "What could it possible
      contain?"
      "In early 2001, there were seven FBI and local
      (Tennessee) law enforcement investigators unleashed on our
      peaceful existence here in the Tennessee mountains--all in
      a period of three months. All of them cleared Ernst of
      any wrongdoing." (Many thanks to Ingrid Rimland Zundel
      for this news update.)

      HOMELAND SECURITY:
      SPIES AT THE IMPROV?

      "Robert Hamilton, a senior at Duluth (Minnesota)
      Central High School, wrote a twisted little poem about
      taking over his school. As a result, he got sent to the
      psych ward for six days, and wasn't allowed back into
      school for weeks thereafter."
      "In the wake of the March 21 (2005) Red Lake
      (Minnesota) school shootings, the school's reaction to
      Hamilton's poem may be understandable. But, besides
      raising the usual issues of free speech infringement, the
      incident also shows how poorly the schools still deal with
      troubled youth."
      "Before the Age of Columbine, the poem might well
      have been accepted in the spirit of that old (American)
      anthem that students have been chanting for decades: "Mine
      eyes have seen the glory of the burning of the school..."
      "Hamilton has no history of causing trouble at
      Central, nor has he ever been in trouble with the police.
      His grades, though not good, were passing except for one
      class. He considers himself a pacifist and says he has no
      access to, nor interest in, guns."
      "But his home life might have raised extra red flags
      to school officials. His one parent, his mother, suffers
      from persistent mental illness, and the family survives on
      public assistance. The lack of adult advocates also made
      him vulnerable."
      "Hamilton read the poem, which he had written prior
      to the Red Lake shooting, at a Circular Muse poetry slam
      (Thursday) April 14 (2005) at Pizza Luce" on Superior
      Street in Duluth, Minn. "He prefaced it by announcing
      ('like an idiot,' he later admitted--D.C.H.) 'this has no
      connection with Red Lake.'"
      "Naturally, the audience did make the connection and,
      according to one onlooker, 'there was this big collective
      gasp.'"
      "Someone (Homeland Security?--J.T.) apparently
      reported it to Duluth Central. On April 27, 28 and 29,
      Hamilton was called into conference meetings with his
      principal, vice principal (and) the school police liaison
      officer. His church youth pastor was present during the
      first meeting, but afterwards" Hamilton "had no adult
      there to represent or to support him."
      "Hamilton defended his poem by saying that it was
      purely written words. It was a freshman fantasy about
      taking over the school with inside jokes."
      School officials reportedly "asked if he wanted to go
      to the Access Center (the mental health in-patient
      facility at Duluth's Miller Dwan Hospital--J.T.) and
      promised to help get him into it if he wanted."
      "Hamilton respectfully declined."
      However, "on (Friday) April 29 (2005), after the
      third conference, he suddenly found himself in the back of
      a (police) squad car, being taken from school to Miller
      Dwan."
      "'I was basically strung along on a leash,' Hamilton
      said, 'I was completely cooperative, and went along with
      whatever they wanted.'"
      "At their insistence, he signed himself into the
      mental hospital, which he was allowed to do because he was
      already 18 years of age."
      But once inside Miller Dwan, it wasn't so easy for
      Bob Hamilton to get out.
      "'Normally, I believe I would've been held for 72
      hours,' said Hamilton, 'But Mother was undergoing her own
      bad spell at the time. While I was in the youth ward, she
      was upstairs in the adult ward. With no parent to be
      released to, my stay was extended.'"
      "'They put me on Prozac,' he added, 'It feels really
      weird, like I'm normal. It sucks.'"
      "A psychiatrist discharged him with a clear
      indication that Hamilton is not at risk to harm another
      person. Yet the bureaucratic addition of yet another
      evaluation stalled his return to school for another three
      weeks."
      "By the time Hamilton returned to school, he had been
      absent four weeks, and there was less than a week of
      school left. He was allowed to take his finals. Despite
      being out of school for so long, Hamilton passed all of
      his classes except the one course which he intends to make
      up through the Adult Learning Center."
      "'It's a very disturbing story,' said Chuck
      Samuelson, director of the Minnesota American Civil
      Liberties Union (ACLU), when contacted about Hamilton's
      case."
      "Samuelson expressed concern that Hamilton was
      questioned without counsel and was held long past 72
      hours."
      "Since the issue was a poem Hamilton read outside the
      school, Central High 'needs to justify how they got
      involved,' Samuelson said."
      "Duluth Central assistant principal Kathy Van Wert,
      who oversaw Hamilton's suspension, did not return the
      Reader's phone calls," reported Dorothy Charging Hawk,
      reporter for the Duluth newspaper Reader Weekly.
      "'I think that they should have told me up front,
      rather than keeping me in the dark,' Hamilton said, 'If
      they thought I needed an evaluation, they should have said
      so up front. After what happened in Red Lake, I can see
      why they did it. Maybe there is no good way to do it.
      I'm not holding a grudge, but I just feel alienated by the
      whole process.'"
      "Here is the controversial poem Bob wrote, in its
      entirety," UFO Roundup editor Joseph Trainor said, "I
      leave it to our readers to decide for themselves if the
      content poses a menace to society."

      Taking Over the School

      by Robert Hamilton

      "Sitting in class, the teacher is a f****** control
      freak!"
      "Jumping through hoops, trying to get the paper of
      success." (Diploma--J.T.)
      "Do I really want to go through this shit, this hell
      just to move on to a job of more hell and hoops?"
      "I don't think so."
      "I just might as well throw my life away and kill
      myself."
      "But first I will do something great. Have my name
      be legendary so all of the kids of the future will know
      me."
      "I will take over this f****** school and pull a
      Hitler on their ass!"
      "First I will put those f****** control freaks in
      their place; they will know once again what it is like!"
      "Everyone that has something coming to them will get
      what they deserve."
      "And then I will declare the potheads and stoners as
      my Aryan race!"
      "And all those smart-ass suck-ups and the f******
      asshole cliques will be great workers to rape as we
      please."
      "But the retards will be next."
      "We will build a gas chamber in the science room, and
      we will watch them squirm as they die."
      "It will be a new sport!"
      "But we will keep the handicapped. They can be
      funny."
      "Plus, we are not monsters."
      "There will be a New School Order."
      "Then the f***** 'Big Brother' will probably stop us
      and maybe brainwash us, if not kill us."
      "But the legion of me will stay and be told, and a
      new rise will come once again."

      [Note: Censorship of the 'f' word by me as I have to
      post on the Internet for Joseph - John @ UFOINFO]

      Dorothy Charging Hawk added, "Robert Hamilton is not
      a Nazi and does not wish to kill the mentally-handicapped.
      The poem was meant for shock, and that is what it got."
      Yet, it is still unclear how school officials heard
      about Hamilton's recital to a private group of poetry
      aficionados.
      "It sounds like there was an informer present at
      Circular Muse--someone who passed on the information to
      Homeland Security," editor Joseph Trainor added, "Let this
      be a lesson to the would-be comedians at the Improv. You
      don't know who is in the audience. So maybe it's not such
      a smart idea to make fun of Vice President Dick Cheney.
      Like that wacky skit where the comic said, 'Here's Uncle
      Dick making a speech,' and then bent over and began making
      loud, prolonged farting noises. Not only was this
      unspeakably juvenile, in the current political atmosphere,
      it could be downright dangerous." (See the newspaper
      Reader Weekly of Duluth, Minn. for June 9, 2005, "Poem
      gets Duluth student sent to lockup," page 3.)

      3,600-YEAR-OLD STATUE
      FOUND IN EGYPT

      "Buried for nearly 3,600 years, a rare statue of
      Pharoah Neferhotep I has been brought to light in the
      ruins of Thebes by a team of French archaeologists."
      "Officials said on Saturday," June 4, 2005, "that the
      statue was unusual in that the king is depicted holding
      hands with a double of himself," but "this second part of
      the statue remains under the sand and its form has been
      determined by the use of imaging equipment."
      "Archaeologists unearthed the 1.8-meter (6-foot) tall
      statue as they were carrying out repairs around the temple
      of Karnak in the northern city of Luxor, Egypt's
      antiquities chief Dr. Zahi Hawass told reporters."
      "Francois Larche, one of the team that found the
      limestone statue of the king, said it was lying about 1.6
      meters (5 feet, 3 inches) below ground near an obelisk of
      Queen Hatshepsut, the only woman known to have reigned as
      Pharoah, ruling from 1504 to 1484 B.C."
      "Karnak, now in the heart of Luxor, was built on the
      ruins of Thebes, the capital of ancient Egypt. The huge
      temple, dedicated to the sun god Amon, lies in the heart
      of a vast complex of religious buildings in the city 700
      kilometers (435 miles) south of Cairo."
      "The statue shows the king wearing a funeral mask and
      a royal head cloth or nemes. The forehead bears the
      emblem of a cobra which ancient Egyptians used as a symbol
      on the crown of the pharoahs. They believed that the
      cobra will spit fire at approaching enemies."
      "Larche said this was only the second time a statue
      had been found in Egypt. A similar one was dug up during
      the excavation of the hidden treasures of Karnak from 1989
      to 1904 A.D. But it is not clear when or if" the statue
      of Neferhotep I "will be completely unearthed. It is
      blocked by the remnants of an ancient structure, possibly
      a gate."
      "'In order to pull it out, a structure on top of the
      statue has to be dismantled and then restored,' said
      Larche, adding that permission from the Egyptian
      Antiquities authorities was needed before the team could
      go ahead with plans to raise the statue."
      "'It's up to the High Council of Egyptian Antiquities
      to decide the fate of the statue of Neferhotep I and
      whether it should be brought to light or left buried where
      it was found.'"
      "Neferhotep I was the twenty-second pharoah of the
      Thirteenth Dynasty. The son of a temple priest in Abydos,
      he ruled Egypt from 1696 to 1686 B.C. (about two centuries
      before Queen Hatshepsut--J.T.) Experts believe his
      father's position helped him to ascend the throne, as
      there was no royal blood in his family."
      "Neferhotep was one of the few pharoahs whose name
      did not invoke the sun god Ra. It is written on a number
      of stones, including a (historical) documents on his reign
      found at Aswan" in southern Egypt. (See the Agence France
      Presse report for June 5, 2005, "Statue of Egyptian
      pharoah found after nearly 3,600 years." Many thanks to
      Mary Lou Jones Drown for this news story.)

      From the UFO Files...

      1972: SUBTERRENE X-1

      The plans of Japanese scientists to send a drill ship
      to pierce the Earth's crust on the Pacific Ocean floor has
      called attention once again to the subterrene debate.
      Namely, do Earth's military powers, particularly the USA,
      have subterrenes or "tunnelers" capable of traveling
      through unconsolidated rock beneath the Earth's surface?
      There is interesting evidence that the USA worked on
      just such a project during the 1970s and the 1980s.
      On January 8, 1971, the U.S. Patent Office received a
      strange application from "the Armstrong group," a bunch of
      scientists in New Mexico. The group wanted to patent "a
      machine and method for drilling bore holes and tunnels by
      melting in which a housing is provided for a heat source
      and a heated end portion and in which the necessary
      melting heat is delivered to the walls of the end portion
      at a rate sufficient to melt rock and during operation of
      which the molten material may be disposed adjacent to the
      boring zone in cracks in the rock and in a vitreous
      (glass) wall lining of the tunnel so formed."
      (Editor's Note: By a strange twist of fate, the
      patent application was filed on Elvis Presley's thirty-
      sixth birthday.) The proposal, advanced by Dale E.
      Armstrong of Santa Fe, N.M. and Berthus B. McInteer,
      Robert L. Mills, Robert M. Potter, Eugene S. Robinson,
      John C. Rowley and Morton C. Smith, all of Los Alamos,
      N.M., called for the construction of a nuclear-powered
      tunneling machine, "designed to convert the rock that it
      excavates into a molten liquid" that lines the walls of
      its tunnel--a wheeled vehicle that could move under the
      land the same way a submarine travels underwater.
      The patent for the Armstrong group's design was
      approved on September 26, 1972.
      In his classic book Underground Bases and Tunnels,
      Dr. Richard Sauder gives a brief history of the mysterious
      "Subterrene Affair."
      "The nuclear subterrene (rhymes with submarine--R.S.)
      was designed at Los Alamos National Laboratory, in New
      Mexico. A number of patents were filed by scientists at
      Los Alamos, a few federal technical documents were
      written--and then the whole thing just sort of faded
      away."
      "Or did it?"
      "Nuclear subterrenes work by melting their way
      through the rock and soil, actually vitrifying it as they
      go and leaving a neat, solidly glass-lined tunnel behind
      them. The heat is supplied by a compact nuclear reactor
      that circulates liquid lithium from the reactor core to
      the tunnel face, when it melts the rock. In the process
      of melting the rock, the lithium loses some of its heat.
      It is then circulated back along the exterior of the
      tunneling machine to help cool the vitrified rock as the
      tunneling machine forces its way forward. The cooled
      lithium then circulates back to the (nuclear) reactor
      where the whole cycle starts over. In this way, the
      nuclear subterrene slices through the rock like a nuclear-
      powered, 2,000-degree Fahrenheit earthworm, boring its way
      deep underground."
      "The United States Atomic Energy Commission and the
      United States Energy Research and Development
      Administration took out the patents in the 1970s for the
      nuclear subterrenes. The first patent, in 1972, went to
      the U.S. Atomic Energy Commission."
      (Editor's Note: The second patent for subterrenes
      was issued on May 6, 1975.)
      Dr. Sauder wrote that the second patent "was for 'a
      tunneling machine for producing large tunnels in soft rock
      or wet, clayey, unconsolidated or bouldery earth by
      simultaneously detaching the tunnel core by thermal
      melting a boundary kerf into the tunnel face and forming a
      supporting excavation wall liner by deflecting the molten
      materials against the excavation walls to provide, when
      solidified, a continuous wall supporting liner, and
      detaching the tunnel face circumscribed by the kerf with
      powered mechanical earth detachment means and in which the
      heat required for melting the kerf and liner material is
      provided by a compact nuclear reactor.'"
      "This 1975 patent further specifies that the machine
      is intended to excavate tunnels up to 12 meters (40 feet)
      in diameter or more."
      "The kerf is the outside boundary of the tunnel wall
      that a boring machine gouges out as it bores through the
      ground or rock. So, in ordinary English, this machine
      will melt a circular boundary into the tunnel face. The
      melted rock will be forced to the outside of the tunnel by
      the tunnel machine, where it will form a hard, glassy
      tunnel lining."
      "And yet a third patent was issued to the United
      States Energy Research and Development Administration just
      21 days later, on 27 May 1975, for a machine remarkably
      similar to the machine patented on 6 May 1975."
      "The abstract describes, 'A tunneling machine for
      producing large tunnels in rock by progressive detachment
      of the tunnel core by thermal melting a boundary kerf into
      the tunnel face and simultaneously forming an initial
      tunnel wall support by deflecting the molten materials
      against the tunnel walls to provide, when solidifed, a
      continuous liner; and fragmenting the tunnel core
      circumscribed by the kerf by thermal stress fracturing and
      in which the heat required for such operations is supplied
      by a compact nuclear reactor.'"
      "This machine would also be capable of making a
      glass-lined tunnel of 40 feet (12 meters) in diameter or
      more."
      "Perhaps some of my readers have heard the same
      rumors that I have heard swirling in the UFO literature or
      on the UFO grapevine: stories of deep, secret, glass-
      walled tunnels excavated by laser-powered tunneling
      machines. I do not know if these stories are true. If
      they are, however, it may be that the glass-walled tunnels
      are made by the nuclear subterrenes described in these
      patents."
      Apparently, sometime in February or March of 1975,
      during President Gerald R. Ford's administration, a top-
      secret Request for Proposals (RFP) went out from the
      Defense Department, inviting design teams to submit
      proposals for workable subterrenes. Two proposals were
      accepted, and both were granted patents in May of 1975.
      Were the prototype subterrenes ever built? Good
      question!
      For years, your editor has heard rumors of strange
      glass-walled tunnels found under private range lands in
      Monero, New Mexico, 10 miles (16 kilometers) east of
      Dulce, a town that made its mark in UFO history. Then
      there were the equally strange cases of subterranean hums
      heard in Floyds Knobs and Kokomo, Indiana. Could the
      people there have heard a subterrene passing beneath their
      community?
      It could be that the subterrene plans simply gathered
      dust on the shelf.
      Then again, perhaps at this very moment Subterrene X-
      1 is cruising beneath the sands of Iraq's Anbar province,
      hunting for insurgents. (See the book Underground Bases
      and Tunnels: What is the Government Trying to Hide? by
      Richard Sauder, Ph.D., Adventures Unlimited Press,
      Kempton, Illinois, 1995, pages 94 through 97.)

      Well, that's it for this week. Join us in seven days
      for more UFO, Fortean and paranormal news from around the
      planet Earth--and occasionally, Saturn--brought to you by
      "the paper that goes home--UFO Roundup." See you next
      time!
      UFO ROUNDUP: Copyright 2005 by Masinaigan
      Productions, all rights reserved. Readers may post news
      items from UFO Roundup on their Web sites or in news
      groups provided that they credit the newsletter and its
      editor by name and list the date of issue in which the
      item first appeared.

      or use the Sighting Report Form at:

      http://www.ufoinfo.com/submit/sightings.shtml

      UFOINFO: http://www.ufoinfo.com

      Official Archives for UFO Roundup, AUFORN Australian
      UFO Reports and Experiences, UFO + PSI Magazine
      plus archives of Humanoid Sighting Reports (Albert
      Rosales), Filer's Files, UFO News UK.