Loading ...
Sorry, an error occurred while loading the content.

UFO ROUNDUP, Volume 10 Number 23

Expand Messages
  • John Hayes
    Posted on behalf of Joseph Trainor. ========================== UFO ROUNDUP Volume 10, Number 23 June 8, 2005 Editor: Joseph Trainor
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 7, 2005
      Posted on behalf of Joseph Trainor.


      Volume 10, Number 23
      June 8, 2005
      Editor: Joseph Trainor

      E-mail: Masinaigan@...
      Website: http://www.ufoinfo.com/roundup/

      IN IRAN

      On Saturday, April 16, 2005, at 12 noon, tourist
      Elizabeth B. was visiting the tomb of King Cyrus the Great
      in Iran when she had an unusual sighting.
      "Facing the monolith, the sun was overhead yet behind
      me," she reported, "I believe I was facing north."
      "I looked up over my left shoulder to see a disk
      about 20 feet (6 meters) high, mindlessly letting out
      vapour around its edge. I believe it was about 20 to 30
      feet (6 to 9 meters) in diameter, grey in colour. It was
      a hovering UFO. It seemed as though it could have been
      spying. I felt intimidated and looked down at the ground
      and saw its shadow moving around in front of me. I did
      NOT want to interact with it."
      "This is the second UFO I've seen. The first was in
      Rockville, Maryland in December of 2004. I felt that both
      times I was being watched. The disk was grey or dull
      silver; the sun was behind it, as this is just an
      approximation. I only saw it hovering, then its shadow
      moving around in a circular, slightly erratic pattern for
      about 20 seconds."
      UFO activity continues in Iran, mostly on the border
      of Esfahan and Chahar Mahal Bakhtiari province. According
      to Iranian ufologist Kufa Yildaz, "luminous disks" and "a
      long silver cylinder" have been seen passing over the Kuha
      Yezagro mountains at dusk and "in the late evening."
      Cities reporting UFO sightings in April and May
      include Najafabad, Falavarjan and Riz, all west of
      Isfahan. (Many thanks to Ayesha al-Khatabi and Kufa
      Yildaz for these news reports.)
      (Editor's Note: Isfahan is the site of one of Iran's
      major nuclear research centers.)


      On Thursday, June 2, 2005, four teenaged girls at a
      Roman Catholic high school in Puerto Saavedra in southern
      Chile "saw a UFO appear suddenly out of a fuzzy cloud."
      "It was so fast it looked like an asteroid
      descending," eyewitness Victoria T. reported, "It was
      after a school class meeting. Three kids and myself were
      out in the school's parking lot when a bright light caught
      our attention. Observing it, we saw that it was not so
      high in the sky. It was white with a kind of cloud
      surrounding it, with color tones of yellowish-white and
      "You could see that it was moving fast. We stood
      there watching it fall from the sky until it nearly struck
      the earth. But then it swerved suddenly to the side and
      went behind a tree. Then a burst of light lengthwise,
      then nothing. There was no sign of anything. Just the
      four of us and what seemed like smoke in the air which had
      a dense smell."
      Another witness stated, "It looked like the moon was
      falling at great speed. But it was white with a touch of
      yellow and turquoise colors. Maybe 20 to 30 meters (66 to
      100 feet) high. It was travelling really fast."
      Puerto Saavedra is located 200 kilometers (120 miles)
      south of Concepcion in southern Chile. (Email Form


      "What would happen if the existence of alien life--
      and the fact that it lives among us--was confirmed? The
      answer is in the hands of (Peru's) military, who possess
      the documents and evidence regarding UFO sightings,
      handled by the United States as super-secret information.
      The disclosure," says Peruvian ufologist Mario Zegarra,
      "would prove that man is only a primitive creature in the
      face of extraterrestrial intelligence."
      "Mario Zegarra claims that the Peruvian armed forces,
      specifically its" Fuerza Aerea Peruana (FAP or Peruvian
      Air Force--J.T.), conceal information on UFOs seen in
      various parts of the (South American) country, which is
      made known not to the national government" in Lima "but to
      the U.S. and the agencies researching the areas where the
      strange craft were detected."
      Peru's "armed forces and senior police officials
      cover up the information, considering it to be top-
      "'Claiming that extraterrestrial life exists not only
      in other galaxies, but upon Earth itself, is a rejection
      of scientific theories on human evolution; in other words,
      humanity's forbears are not apes, but aliens,' explained
      ufologist Mario Zegarra, 'Being a superior civilization
      and possessing advanced knowledge, it would dismantle U.S.
      power. The (Peruvian) military itself has sighted UFOs
      from its craft. However, they must hold their peace, as
      it is classified information that is best kept from the
      "The spacecraft described by (Peru's) military are
      allegedly manufactured using a solid material that is
      different from materials on Earth. Zegarra adds that we
      are on the brink of another UFO wave as intense as those
      which have been occurring at periodic intervals for the
      last 40 years."
      "One of the top-secret documents presented by Dr.
      Zegarra states that on May 9, 1980, while a group of
      military officers from the FAP were beginning their daily
      formation on the Mariano Melgar Air Base in the barrio La
      Joya (district)" of Arequipa, Peru's second-largest city,
      "they detected the presence of a UFO at the end of the
      runway and at a height (altitude) of 1,800 feet (640
      meters) above the surface."
      "The object, resembling a weather balloon used for
      maritime navigation, was moving over the area near the
      airport. For this reason, Lt. Oscar Santa Maria, the
      pilot of one of the fighters, was given the order to take
      off and intercept the object. After a third pass, the
      pilot opened fire on the object without causing any
      apparent damage," and the UFO began 'moving away
      "The second sighting has a special characteristic, as
      it is described as a shining object, according to a
      translation of the official Pentagon report, a document
      made available through the Freedom of Information Act and
      featuring the eyewitness account of Major Santa Maria
      Huertas" and his pursuit "of a UFO aboard his (Russian-
      built) Sukhoi SU-22" fighter jet.
      "At Puerto Maldonado," in eastern Peru, "in 1952,
      customs chief Domingo Troncoso managed to photograph a
      UFO. The object was moving along in silence, leaving a
      long and dense contrail in its wake. It's estimated speed
      was 1,500 miles per hour."
      "In 1967, another flying saucer was photographed by
      Augusto Arranda in Yungay, as he liked the soaring
      mountains of the (Callejon de Huaylas) region."
      "In 1966, an extraterrestrial object came in for a
      landing at the Talara air base," located 600 kilometers
      (360 miles) north of Lima, the national capital.
      "In 1979, a three-legged extraterrestrial vehicle
      landed in Chachapoyas."
      "Mario Zegarra states that the persons holding the
      proof are (Peru's) military and intelligence services.
      The accounts provided by Dr. Zegarra coincide with the
      ones given by researcher J.J. Benitez, who states that
      military personnel having access to this information
      insist that the public is not ready to know the truth."
      "Zegarra and Benitez claim that there have been
      hundreds of UFO sightings over or near military bases,
      atomic silos, warships, transport and combat aircraft, due
      to the potential for destruction they can cause. In this
      regard, anyone who dares to dislose secret documents kept
      in any (Peruvian) army, police or air base could even be
      'terminated.'" (See the Peruvian newspaper El Chino for
      May 27, 2005. Muchas gracias a Scott Corrales, Alex
      Sender y Monica Gaetano de Silva por este articulo de


      On Monday, May 30, 2005, at 8:15 p.m., eyewitness
      J.H. was outdoors in his hometown of Camp Hill,
      Pennsylvania (population 7,636) "when I noticed an object
      just above the western horizon here in Cumberland County.
      It was moving slowly. The object moved slowly west, then
      east, then north and finally departed to the west."
      "As the object was above a stand of pine trees, I
      first thought it was a bird that had caught my attention.
      Then, to the west of this, I saw the object sort of
      hovering. It seemed too big for a bird and a little too
      high up. I watched the object from my car as it slowly
      moved around and toward the tree line. I got out of my
      car to get a better line of sight. At that point, the
      object seemed to vanish."
      J.H. described the UFO as "dull grey, flat, possibly
      oval in shape. My best guess for height is about 500 feet
      (150 meters), maybe less. Viewing the object, it was
      moving around slowly. The object appeared to vanish, and
      I lost sight of it."
      Camp Hill, Pa. is on Route 114 about 10 miles (16
      kilometers) west of Harrisburg, the state capital. (Email
      Form Report)


      On Saturday, May 28, 2005, just after midnight,
      eyewitness Shannon Brewer reported, "I was driving on
      Interstate (Highway) 55 southbound from Hammond
      (population 17,639) to La Place, Louisiana (population
      27,684) and listening to a CD. When I hit around Mile
      Marker 6, I noticed something in the sky outside my
      passenger window. I looked at it and first thought it
      could be a plane, but it was flying too low and it was too
      large to be a plane."
      "I slowed down and studied it. It was a large,
      orange-yellow, very bright ball moving in the same
      direction (south--J.T.) but slower. It seemed to be close
      to me, flying just down to the tree line. This object
      stayed in the sky for about five minutes and then it was
      "I continued driving and kept looking for it to
      appear again, but it didn't."
      "When I got home, I couldn't get it out of my mind.
      I called my fiance and told him I saw something in the sky
      and it could've been a UFO. Of course, he said it was
      probably a plane or something, but I know it wasn't. I am
      very positive the bright object I saw was a UFO."
      Hammond, La. is about 40 miles (64 kilometers) north
      of New Orleans. (Email Form Report)


      On Sunday, May 29, 2005, at 10 p.m., Ed Willey was
      outdoors in his hometown of Moab, Utah (population 850)
      "when I saw something approach from the east, out of the
      desert," he reported, "A small white light that appeared
      to be and moved like a satellite, only a little bit
      bigger. It seemed to slow down or stop. Then the light
      got much brighter (maybe twice as bright as Jupiter--
      E.W.). I thought it was a plane that had turned towards
      me and had its landing lights on. But then the object
      suddenly changed direction and vanished."
      "It looked like a satellite for maybe five minutes,
      got super-bright for three seconds, and then was gone in a
      second or two."
      Moab is on Highway 191 in southeastern Utah, located
      approximately 238 miles (380 kilometers) southeast of Salt
      Lake City, the state capital.


      Just after midnight on Wednesday, June 1, 2005, Marge
      Northdurft reported, "I was walking my dogs" in her
      hometown of Satellite Beach, Florida (population 9,577).
      I'm not sure if it was midnight or just after. I was
      quite startled when, in an instant, which couldn't have
      been any longer than a second, I saw an object far above
      the rooftop of my neighbor's house. It was like a flash--
      it happened so fast."
      "The object was very large, at least 40 feet (12
      meters) long, and it seemed slightly oval-shaped and
      illuminated with a rosy color. There was no sound and no
      obvious lights."
      "I also saw at least two, or possibly more, very
      dark, blackish doorways or motifs in a rectangular shape.
      Inside of these were large, narrow, horizontal windows,
      which seemed to be clear. But I saw no movement inside.
      I could not see the top or bottom of the object, just the
      side facing me. I have no idea how it arrived, and it did
      not fly away--it just vanished."
      "I haven't seen a UFO for over twenty years and, with
      it being so close, I'm very concerned. The dogs didn't
      seem to be bothered by it. They didn't even bark. I'm
      wondering if it's always there, and I just haven't been
      able to see it before."
      "I find it very mysterious how it appeared and
      vanished so quickly."
      "When I had my first UFO sighting, I was living in
      Missouri. It was an illuminated triangular-shaped object,
      which was hovering high in the sky over a cloverleaf
      shopping area. My son was in the car with me, and he also
      saw it. Within seconds, the object shot out two beams of
      light and moved straight up out of sight."
      Satellite Beach, Fla. is located 3 miles (5
      kilometers) north of Melbourne and 173 miles (276
      kilometers) north of Miami. (Email Form Report)


      "Members of the Rich Hill Christian Church in Casey
      County," Kentucky, say their service last Sunday, May 22,
      2005, "came to an abrupt halt when parishoners claimed to
      have witnessed a heavenly sighting."
      "Pastor Rick Hogue says it was 'a very powerful
      moment. I was teaching out of Revelations and, all of a
      sudden, a big rainbow came across the ceiling, stopping
      the service.'"
      "Pam Buis told LEX-18 News she never carries a camera
      to church, but for some reason she took one that day and
      was able to capture the image. 'Wonderful. So peaceful.
      You could feel the Presence in the room,' Buis said."
      "Pastor Hogue says they shook the blinds and even
      turned off all the lights, but the rainbow was still
      "Parishoners then saw something even more incredible,
      as they claim a cross began to form in the middle of the
      "'The cross turned into three bright circles,' Buis
      said. And that's not all, she claims. 'One of the
      circles even looked like an image of Jesus with his arms
      "Church members have found some skepticism about what
      they claim to have seen. But they say they have no doubt
      about it--it was something special."
      "'Go on and take it as His hand trying to get here to
      show us what He wants from us as a church body,' said
      Pastor Hogue."
      "In a curious twist, folks told LEX-18 News that when
      the pastor interrupted his service, the rainbow went away.
      The church has been around since 1860, and the members say
      this is a first."
      Casey County is in a rural area of central Kentucky,
      just north of Liberty, Ky. (population 1,850), located
      about 40 miles (64 kilometers) southwest of Lexington.
      (See the LEX-18 News of Lexington, Ky. broadcast of May
      29, 2005. Many thanks to Jim Hickman, executive director
      of Skywatch International, for the broadcast transcript.)
      (Editor's Comment: I'm curious. Exactly what verse
      from the Book of Revelations was Pastor Hogue preaching?)


      "Sisters renovating their childhood home" near
      Livernois Avenue in Detroit, the largest city in the USA's
      state of Michigan, "said they believe an image of Jesus
      has appeared in the paint on an interior wall."
      "Phyllis and Leona Chester were painting the wall
      when two images suddenly appeared. They were able to
      cover one of them up, but the other remained. The sisters
      think the image 'looks like Jesus,' and so do the
      "The sisters were renovating because they planned to
      sell their home and move to Arizona. They said they were
      reconsidering their decision." (See the Detroit Free
      Press for June 4, 2005, "Sisters see image of Jesus in
      paint on wall." Many thanks to "Sherwin Williams" for
      this newspaper article.)


      "A big cat is being blamed for an attack on a cow at
      a farm near Plymouth," Cornwall, UK.
      "There have been a series of alleged sightings of big
      cats in the area around Langage Farm. The cow's owners
      say they have no other explanation for the animal's
      injuries and say vets (veterinarians--J.T.) have agreed
      that they are confronted with a big cat attack. The
      animal (cow) is expected to make a full recovery, but the
      incident is likely to reignite the debate over the
      existence of big cats in the area."
      "Farm owner Andrew Stead said they were unsure at
      first about the Jersey cow's injuries."
      "He said: 'When we looked at her scratches, we
      thought she might have been caught in barbed wire. But
      when we got her into the crush (holding pen in the USA--
      J.T.), we could see the extent of the damage. We could
      see what looked like four parallel scratch marks on her
      muzzle and the side of her cheek was damaged.'"
      "'She's got barbed wire scratches on her back end.
      She's been pushed up against a fence, I think. They're
      totally different from the scratches on her face. Her
      ear's been chewed up slightly. It's an injury I've never
      seen before. It's not barbed wire. It's not a dog.'"
      "'There are plenty of rumours and sightings of large
      cats around here. It's a big animal for a cat to have a
      go, but I can't explain this thing any other way. Quite
      "Colleague Paul Winterton said: 'The vets have to be
      very careful, but they're saying it's a probable large cat
      "'Twelve months ago, two guys were being on break
      when they saw a big cat. When it saw them, it began to
      make its way towards them and cleared a 6-foot (1.8-meter)
      high ledge. As you can imagine, there was quite a bit of
      ridicule in the factory at the time, but this latest
      attack just enhances what happened last year.'" (See BBC
      News for June 2, 2005, "Big cat blamed after cow attack."
      Many thanks to Mary Lou Jones-Drown and Robert Fischer for
      this news story.)


      Louis Jourdain, "the son of Red Lake tribal Chairman
      Floyd Jourdain Jr. faces two unnamed federal charges in
      connection with the deadly shootings at the reservation's
      high school" in northern Minnesota, "according to records
      a judge ordered unsealed on Tuesday," May 31, 2005.
      "A heavily blacked-out copy of the (court) docket
      sheet in the case shows that the attorney for Louis
      Jourdain has also tried without success to get his client
      released from federal custody."
      "Jourdain has been the only person charged in
      connection with the March 21 (2005) shootings at Red Lake
      Senior High School and a private residence, which were
      carried out by his cousin, Jeff Weise, 16. Weise,
      'described by some as a creative but depressed loner,
      killed nine people and then himself."
      "Some of Weise's family members have theorized that
      the youth was angered over being banned from school, and
      that action--coupled with mood changes brought on by a
      doubling of his daily dose of the antidepressant Prozac--
      drove him to carry out the killings."
      "Jourdain, 16, was arrested a week after the
      shootings. Sources with knowledge of the federal
      investigation have said Jourdain and Weise exchanged
      emails in which they planned the shooting spree, and that
      there may have been additional targets beside the school."
      "Floyd Jourdain Jr., chairman of the Red Lake Band of
      Chippewa, has said his son is 'naive' and 'real green' but
      is innocent of the charges."
      "A federal grand jury has met at least once in
      Minneapolis to hear testimony in the case. Witnesses have
      included other youths from the reservation, attorneys for
      some of the witnesses said. Federal officials have said
      they have interviewed more than 400 people and siezed 117
      computers as part of their investigation."
      "Because Louis Jourdain is a juvenile, details of his
      case are not considered public, as they would be in a case
      involving an adult. U.S. Attorney Tom Heffelfinger could
      prosecute Jourdain under the Juvenile Justice and
      Delinquency Protection Act, where the proceedings could
      remain secret, or he could ask a judge to transfer the
      case to a (U.S.) district court. There, Jourdain would be
      treated as if he were an adult."
      Duluth, Minn. attorney Joseph J. Roby Jr., acting on
      behalf of the newspapers St. Paul Pioneer Press and Duluth
      News-Tribune, "filed motions to open the court proceedings
      and unseal the records."
      The newspapers received a "redacted copy" of the
      docket sheet, which "would not reveal any information
      about Louis Jourdain, who is referred to only as 'One
      "In all, there are 40 entries on the docket sheet
      between March 28 and April 15 (2005). Each entry has
      something blacked out, ranging from a single word to
      nearly the entire entry. Sixteen entries are completely
      blacked out, including dates on which they occurred."
      (See the Duluth, Minn. News-Tribune for June 2, 2005,
      "Teen faces two federal charges," pages 1A and 6A.)


      "Historians working in Germany and the USA claim to
      have found a 60-year-old diagram showing a Nazi nuclear
      "It was the only known drawing of a 'nuke' made by
      Nazi experts and appears in a report held by a private
      archive. The researchers who brought it to light say the
      drawing is a rough schematic and does not imply the Nazis
      built, or were even close to building, an atomic bomb.
      But a detail in the sketch shows that Nazi scientists may
      have been closer to this goal that previously believed."
      "The report containing the diagram is undated, but
      the researchers claim the evidence points to it being
      produced immediately before the end of the war in Europe"
      on May 8, 1945. "It deals with the work of German nuclear
      scientists during the war and lacks a title page, so there
      is no evidence of who composed it."
      "One historian behind the discovery, Dr. Rainer
      Karlsch, caused a storm of controversy earlier this year
      (2005) when he claimed to have secured evidence the Nazis
      successfully detonated a primitive nuclear device in the
      last days of World War II. A number of historians
      rejected the claim. The drawing is published in an
      article within Physics World magazine by Karlsch and Mark
      Walker, professor of history at Union College in
      Schenectady, N.Y."
      "The newly-found document was discovered after the
      publication of Karlsch's book, Hitler's Bomb."
      "'The Nazis were far away from a 'classic' atomic
      bomb. But they hoped to combine a 'mini-nuke' with a
      rocket,' Dr. Karlsch told BBC News. 'The military
      believed they would need six months more to bring the new
      weapon into action. But the scientists knew better how
      difficult it was to get the enriched uranium required.'"
      "The head of Nazi Germany's nuclear energy program
      was the physicist Werner Heisenberg. Though he was highly
      accomplished in other areas of physics, Heisenberg failed
      to understand a big aspect of nuclear fission chain
      "Some researchers say they had overestimated the
      amount of so-called 'fissile material' required to build
      the nuclear bomb. However, the German report contains an
      estimate of slightly more than 5 kilograms (10 pounds) for
      the critical mass of a plutonium bomb. This is
      comparatively close to the actual figure and may suggest
      that some Nazi scientists had a better grasp of nuclear
      fission than Heisenberg."
      "Professor Paul Lawrence Rose of Pennsylvania State
      University and author of a 1988 book about the German
      nuclear program, said he had no reason to believe the
      report was not genuine, but was dubious about the
      significance of the critical mass detail."
      "'Though it's wonderful to find the 5-kilogram figure
      written on the document, one has to be skeptical about the
      rationale for it. Even if it's true, and (a few German
      scientists--J.T.) did understand it, Heisenberg's group
      wouldn't have accepted it,' Dr. Rose told BBC News."
      "In Hitler's Bomb, Dr. Karlsch suggests a team of
      scientists directed by the physicist Kurt Diebner, which
      was in competition with Heisenberg's group, tested a
      primitive nuclear device in Thuringia in March 1945."
      "Rose says that this is unlikely."
      "Transcripts of conversations taped by MI6, when the
      scientists were held captive in England, show Diebner
      lacked the knowledge to have done this."
      "'Karlsch revealed some very important details in his
      book, but I won't go along with the picture he constructs
      from these details of a Nazi nuclear test,' said Professor
      Dieter Hoffmann of the Max Planck Institute in Berlin."
      "However, in their article, Karlsch and Walker point
      to evidence of innovations made by Diebner's team,
      including a nuclear reactor design to those provided by
      the Heisenberg group." They claimed that Diebner "'got
      the research papers from all of these groups, and he had
      control of the information flux. Only a few scientists
      around Diebner knew about the bomb project. Heisenberg
      was not aware of it,' Karlsch explained."
      "If the Reichsfuhrer-SS Heinrich Himmler, who had an
      ironclad grip on Nazi secret weapons projects from
      September 1943 on, had this innovative Diebner nuclear
      reactor built, then maybe that's how those two alleged
      Nazi spaceships, the Ostara and the Andromeda, got off the
      ground in early 1945," UFO Roundup editor Joseph Trainor
      commented. "The Diebner reactor would have provided the
      compact energy source needed for Gruppe Kammler's
      'Magnetapparat' to work. It could be a vital clue in
      determining the truth about 'the flight of the Andromeda'
      in the spring of 1945."
      "There is no question that Himmler was running a
      crash nuclear program in 1944 and 1945," he added, "The
      evidence is out there. According to Flint Whitlock's new
      book, Given Up for Dead, Himmler defied the Geneva
      Convention in February 1945 by weeding out Jewish G.I.s
      from the mass of American P.O.W.s held at Stalag IX-B.
      Approximately 350 of these 'selectees' were shipped by
      rail to a special labor camp at Berga-an-der-Elster and
      used as slave labor to dig for uranium oxide."
      "No one knows what happened to the tons of uranium
      oxide Himmler collected. After Japan's surrender in late
      1945, U.S. Navy investigators inspected a German U-boat
      that had been abandoned by her crew in Kobe. The cargo
      hold had traces of uranium oxide. It is not known if the
      German crew brought this material to Japan, or if the U-
      boat's skipper dropped it off in Neuschwabenland, the Nazi
      colony in Antarctica, before fleeing to Japan at the end
      of May 1945." (See the Suddeutsche Zeitung for June 1,
      2005, "Drawing uncovered of Nazi 'nuke.'


      "Protesters on Sunday," May 29, 2005, gathered
      outside a meeting" in Las Vegas, Nevada "where members of
      a controversial civilian group that has been monitoring
      the Mexican border gathered with other activists seeking
      to curb illegal immigration."
      "More than 150 demonstrators used placards and
      bullhorns and waved Mexican flags to get their message
      "'Racists, go home!' they screamed."
      Days earlier, on Wednesday, May 25, 2005, the
      newspaper La Voz de Aztlan --"which sees its struggle for
      a separate (Mexican) state with Los Angeles as its capital
      as similar to that of the Palestinians in the Middle East-
      -announces that leaders of the 'USA Anti-Mexican
      Movement'---Aztlan's own term--will be meeting this
      weekend in Las Vegas."
      "States the group: 'The 'Who's Who List of
      Xenophobes' will be at the Plaza Hotel on Friday, May 27,
      Saturday, May 28, and Sunday, May 29 (2005) to coordinate
      the vigilante operations they plan to undertake along the
      California/Mexico border on June through August.'"
      "'Among the racists who will be attending is head
      bigot Tom Tancredo,' says La Voz de Aztlan, 'Tancredo is a
      (Republican) congressman from Colorado who has aspirations
      to become USA president by utilizing Mexican immigrants as
      'scapegoats' for the nation's economic and social
      problems. Among other bigots attending are felon Chris
      Simcox of the Minutemen vigilantes and his lackey Jim
      Gilchrist. The list of anti-Mexican xenophobes also
      includes Glenn Spencer (American Border Patrol), Barbara
      Coe (California Coalition for Immigration Reform) and the
      'coconut' Andy Ramirez (Friends of the Border Patrol).'"
      "The mention of 'vigilante operations' is a reference
      to the activities of the Minuteman Project, a successful
      citizen border patrol effort that effectively shut down
      the flow of illegal aliens from Mexico this spring over a
      23-mile (37-kilometer) stretch" of Arizona border.
      "The event is being sponsored by the Wake Up America
      Foundation. The true name of the conference, according to
      the event website, is 'United to Fight Against Illegal
      Immigration Summit.'"
      "Patricia Saye is co-founder of Wake Up America."
      "'What's so funny about this is the event is not
      being held at the Plaza Hotel,' she told WorldNet Daily,
      'It's being held at the Cashman Theatre.'"
      "Saye said her group is not concerned about the
      "'If we were to let these people frighten us, we
      wouldn't be very good Americans, would we?' Saye asked,
      'We've all been fighters throughout the generations, for
      our freedoms and our liberties, so we're going to stand
      our ground.'"
      "Saye explained the many groups involved in the
      summit hope to form a coalition that will then put
      pressure on 'city, county, state and federal elected
      officials to apply the laws (concerning legal immigration
      into the USA--J.T.). We have laws on the books already,
      but they're being ignored...'"
      "Aztlan, the mythical birthplace of the Aztecs, is
      regarded in Chicano folklore as an area that includes
      California, Arizona, Nevada, New Mexico and parts of
      Colorado and Texas. It is this area--lost when Mexico
      signed the 1848 Treaty of Guadalupe-Hidalgo," which ended
      the Mexican War, "that activists want to make into a
      sovereign Hispanic state that could eventually merge with
      "Hundreds of people had gathered for the two-day
      summit titled 'United to Fight Against Illegal
      Immigration' at a Las Vegas convention center."
      "Miguel Barrientos, president of the Las Vegas
      Mexican-American Political Association, said people
      sopping up the rhetoric of Minuteman Project founder Jim
      Gilchrist were not protecting the country (USA)--they were
      harming it."
      "'They're creating division among Americans,' he
      said, 'We don't need it.'"
      "Nearly 900 Minutemen volunteers, some of them armed,
      patrolled the Arizona border in April (2005)."
      "Organizers said volunteers' calls to the Border
      Patrol resulted in the arrests of 335 illegal immigrants."
      "Critics, including Border Patrol officials, have
      said the group was little more than a nuisance."
      "In a speech Sunday," May 29, 2005, "Gilchrist said a
      declaration of war is committed every time a Mexican flag
      is planted on U.S. soil."
      "'If this isn't a declaration of war, I don't know
      what is,' Gilchrist said."
      Last week, angry residents of Medford, Oregon forced
      the Oregon State Employment Office to remove a Mexican
      flag that was being displayed more prominently than the
      American flag. Under U.S. law, it is a crime to display a
      foreign banner in a position superior to Old Glory
      anywhere in the USA and its territories and possessions.
      "There were no reports of violence" at Sunday's
      demonstration. "A protest against Gilchrist in California
      turned violent when demonstrators hurled rocks and
      unopened soda cans at police and people attending his
      speech." (See WorldNet Daily for May 25, 2005, "Anti-
      illegals activists threatened;" and the Houston, Tex.
      Chronicle for May 30, 2005, "Protesters decry summit as


      "About 400 people turned out for a Confederate
      memorial service held Sunday," June 5, 2005, in
      Higginsville, Missouri (population 4,682), "under the
      rebel battle flag, singing 'Dixie' and laying roses at a
      Confederate monument."
      "Gov. Matt Blunt ordered a one-day flying of the flag
      at the Confederate Memorial State Historic Site to
      coincide with the service."
      "About 20 protesters demonstrated their disapproval
      by marching outside the Governor's Mansion in Jefferson
      City (population 36,700)."
      "Officials with the Confederate Memorial State
      Historic Site in Higginsville, Mo., said the turnout
      there--four times larger than expected--could be
      attributed to the return of the Confederate flag."
      "Gov. Blunt ordered the one-day flying of the flag at
      the historic site, saying he was acting on the request of
      a (Missouri) state lawmaker who represents the
      Higginsville area."
      "The attention 'over the issue caused more people to
      be aware of the event,' site administrator Greta Marshall
      said after the ceremony."
      "Sunday marked the first time the Confederate flag
      had flown over state property since January 2003, when
      Gov. Bob Holden's administration ordered it to come down
      from the Higginsville site."
      "Missouri never joined the Confederacy" during the
      American Civil War (1861-1865). "Some residents fought
      for the Union, others for the South." (See USA Today for
      June 6, 2005, "Rebel flag divides Missouri once again,"
      page 3A; and the Duluth, Minn. News-Tribune for June 6,
      2005, "Confederate event draws protests," page 2A.)
      (Editor's Comment: Use of the Confederate flag is
      spreading beyond the South. It seems to be evolving into
      a symbol of Jesus Christ and active Christian resistance
      to the New World Order.)


      "The Mars rover Opportunity resumed rolling freely
      across the Martian surface Saturday," June 4, 2005, "after
      scientists freed it from a sand dune where it had been
      mired for nearly five weeks, a NASA project manager said."
      "Engineers at the Jet Propulsion Laboratory" in
      Pasadena, California, "which manages the mission, cheered
      when images beamed back to Earth showed the rover's wheels
      were free."
      "'We've got a working rover on Mars that cost $400
      million to build and...keep working,' project manager Jim
      Erickson said, 'I'd like to wear it out rather than lose
      "A photograph taken by Opportunity and posted on the
      laboratory's Web site showed the long tracks of its wheels
      crossing a featureless dune."
      "Opportunity's wheels started slipping (Tuesday)
      April 26 (2005) during a planned 295-foot (89-meter)
      excursion. While trying to drive over a foot-high (30-
      centimeter) sand dune, the robotic explorer stopped
      moving, its wheels hub-deep in soft soil."
      "Engineers spent weeks with an Opportunity mock-up
      figuring out what commands to give the robot to free it,
      but the maneuvers took time. The rover inched forward
      less than a foot in a month, losing most of its traction
      every time it tried to roll."
      "'It's kind of like we were swimming through it,'
      Erickson said."
      "But on Saturday morning, data showed that
      Opportunity was free and had moved several feet across the
      "Erickson said engineers want to be sure the rover
      will not encounter any more (sand) patches that could trap
      it again. It will be Monday or Tuesday night before a
      test drive is ordered, he said."
      "Opportunity and its twin rover, Spirit, have been
      exploring opposite sides of Mars since landing in January
      2004. Both rovers have long outlasted their primary,
      three month missions."
      In other Mars news, "NASA is moving ahead with plans
      to put a long-armed lander on Mars' icy north pole to
      search for clues to water and signs of life."
      "The $386 million Phoenix Mars is scheduled to touch
      down in the Martian Arctic in May 2008. The probe will
      use its robotic arm to scoop up soil samples to analyze
      for traces of ice and evidence of ancient microbes."
      "In 2002, the Mars Odyssey orbiter spotted evidence
      of ice-rich soil near the Arctic surface. Phoenix will be
      the first mission of the low-budget Mars Scout program."
      (See USA Today for June 6, 2005, "Mars rover back on track
      after five weeks," page 3A, and "New lander to visit Mars'
      north pole," page 5D.)


      On June 5, 1917, a tornado estimated to be an F5 on
      the Fujikawa scale skirted Topeka, the state capital of
      Kansas, producing unusually-shaped hailstones of
      tremendous size.
      "Residents near Topeka, Kan. reported disk-shaped
      hailstones 6 to 10 inches (15 to 25 centimeters) in
      diameter and 2 to 3 inches (5 to 7.5 centimeters) thick."
      According to the original New York Times news story,
      "Tornadoes last night (June 5, 1917) and early today
      spread death and destruction through rural districts of
      Missouri and Kansas. Reports tonight showed 15 killed in
      Missouri and 9 in Kansas."
      "In Kansas, the deaths totaled eight in the counties
      southeast and west of Topeka. One other was killed at
      Savonburg, near Iola, where the tornado appeared early
      today (June 7, 1917--J.T.)."
      "The course of the tornado was marked by odd jumps.
      First it appeared near Topeka early in the day, and then
      came to earth again in Ray County, Missouri shortly after
      Heaviest hit by the unusually-large hail was
      Eskridge, Kansas (population 589), located at the junction
      of Highways 4 and 99 approximately 30 miles (48
      kilometers) southwest of Topeka. Hailstones found here
      measured 10 inches (25 centimeters) in diameter and 3
      inches (7.5 centimeters) thick.
      In Elmont, Kansas (population 85), located 10 miles
      (16 kilometers) north of Topeka, the 1917 tornado "left
      only one house in the town still standing. All of the
      others were destroyed." (See the St. Paul Pioneer Press
      for June 5, 2005, "Weather History." Also the New York
      Times for June 7, 1917, "24 New Storm Victims," page 9.)
      (Editor's Note: Iola, Kansas was the site of an
      alien sighting at the Lanyon Smelter in November 1903.
      See UFO Roundup, volume 8, number 50 for December 31,
      2003, "1903: Strange creature seen in Iola, Kansas," page


      Is E.T. Here? - This book, by Robert Trundle, Ph.D.,
      is a must-have for any ufologist's library. Not only does
      it discuss many of the issues involving reported contacts
      with extraterrestrials, it provides reproduced documents
      from both government and researchers' files on famous
      contact cases of the past fifty years.
      I thought I knew something about the Majestic 12 case
      and the MAJIC files. But then I read Trundle's erudite
      and comprehensive distillation of the key facts, and it
      really took my breath away. It made me appreciate the
      tons of back-breaking research that went into Stanton
      Friedman's original expose. If there was a Nobel Prize
      for ufology, Stan should have won it hands-down.
      Trundle did an excellent job on some of the near-
      forgotten UFO cases of the past, such as the "electronic
      interference" experienced by the U.S. Air Force B-47
      bombers back in June 1955 and Men In Black (MIB)
      involvement in the Rex Heflin case in Santa Ana,
      California in 1965.
      I was particularly intrigued by the case of M.Sgt.
      Alex Tremulis, who was stationed at Wright Field (later
      Wright-Patterson Air Force Base) in Ohio in 1944, and
      claims to have seen aliens examining wreckage of a Nazi V-
      2 rocket in the company of U.S. Army Air Technical
      Intelligence officers. That one comes straight out of the
      "Foo Fighters" era of World War II, and it makes you
      wonder what was going on at Wright-Pat during the last
      year of the Roosevelt administration.
      Grab it, fellow ufologists. This book is a keeper.
      You can order Is E.T. Here? by credit card from Barnes &
      Noble, Waldenbooks or Amazon.com. The vital data
      includes: Is E.T. Here? by Robert Trundle, Ph.D., EcceNova
      Editions, Victoria, B.C., Canada, 2005, ISBN No. 0-
      Zorro - I don't customarily review fiction, but I'll
      make an exception for this well-crafted novel. I'll
      confess I was curious. Given that the title character has
      gone from Johnston McCulley's original 1919 novella
      through several movies, two TV shows and a handful of
      follow-up books, I didn't think it possible for any author
      to tie all of the legend's threads together. But Isabel
      Allende did it and did it well. She takes us from Diego
      de la Vega's birth in the new Alta California province of
      Nueva Espana (now the USA's state of California) in 1795
      to his training as a master swordsman in Europe to a
      surprising encounter with pirate Jean Lafitte in Louisiana
      to his return to Los Angeles in 1816.
      I always suspected that Diego was a little off-the-
      wall. Now I know for certain, because only a lunatic
      would invade the La Ciudela fortress in Barcelona, Spain
      and humiliate the agents of Joseph Fouche, Napoleon's
      chief of the secret police. During his career at
      Napoleon's elbow, Fouche sent a lot of headless bodies
      floating down the Seine.
      Allende's forte is characters, and there are plenty
      of memorable ones here, particularly Nuria, the chaperone
      of Juliana, Diego's first love. Muchas gracias, Isabel,
      for letting us all relive life in (Napoleonic) wartime
      Barcelona. To order:
      Zorro by Isabel Allende, HarperCollins Publishers,
      New York, N.Y., 2005, ISBN No. 0-06-077897-0.

      From the UFO Files...


      Last week's story about the search for lost
      Confederate gold in Cement, Oklahoma (population 500), a
      small town on Highway 277 southwest of Oklahoma City, has
      called attention to some of the stranger tales about the
      Sooner State.
      On the outskirts of Cement is a stony hill called
      Buzzard's Roost. At the summit is an outcrop of bedrock
      that resembles an anvil. Professional treasure hunters
      Bud Hardcastle and Charlie Holman believe "that
      enterprising disciples of Dixie stashed millions of
      dollars in gold and silver--now probably worth billions--
      in locations across North America, to help finance a
      second Civil War."
      The gold is supposed to have been buried there by the
      Knights of the Golden Circle (KGC), a very real secret
      society that flourished in the USA between 1850 and 1870.
      Many Knights were also prominent members of Masonic lodges
      throughout the South.
      "If Buzzard's Roost is a Masonic site, it should be
      fairly easy to find the buried gold," UFO Roundup editor
      Joseph Trainor commented. "Just face east at sunrise.
      Pick out a point 33 degrees to the south of the spot where
      the sun appeared at the horizon. Walk either 33 feet (10
      meters) or 33 yards (30 meters) downhill from 'The Anvil'
      and start digging."
      Another potential burial site for KGC gold is the
      ruins of old Fort Towson, 10 miles (16 kilometers) from
      Valliant, Okla. (population 771) on U.S. Route 70 in that
      corner of southeastern Oklahoma known as "Little Dixie."
      "The fort was established in 1824 to protect the
      Choctaws--who were induced by the federal government to
      emigrate from their Mississippi homes--both from the
      raiding western Plains Indians and the outlaws that made
      their headquarters along the north bank of the Red River."
      "The post was abandoned in 1829, then re-established
      when enforced removal of the Choctaws began in 1831.
      Abandoned once again in 1854, it was used as a Choctaw
      Indian agency until the outbreak of the (American) Civil
      War, when it was taken over by the Confederates."
      In 1864, at the height of the Golden Circle
      intrigues, Confederate general S.B. Maxey took command of
      Fort Towson. Maxey was a Knight, as was his patron in
      Richmond, Isham G. Harris.
      Indeed, Fort Towson was the last bastion of the
      southern Confederacy. Here Confederate general Stand
      Watie surrendered in June of 1865, two months after Robert
      E. Lee's surrender at Appomattox courthouse in Virginia.
      (Editor's Note: Watie was an Ani-Yupuya or a Cherokee
      However, stranger items than Confederate gold have
      been unearthed in the suburbs of Oklahoma City.
      "On June 27, 1969, workmen leveling a rock shelf at
      122nd Street on the Broadway Extension between Edmond
      (population 68,315) and Oklahoma City uncovered a rock
      formation that caused a great deal of controversy among
      investigating authorities."
      "To the layman, the site looked like an inlaid mosaic
      floor. It apparently looked very much like someone's
      floor to some of the experts, as well."
      "'I am sure this was man-made because the stones are
      placed in perfect sets of parallel lines which intersect
      to form a diamond shape, all pointing to the east,' said
      Durwood Pate, an Oklahoma City geologist who studied the
      site. 'We found post holes which measure a perfect two
      rods from the other two. The top of the stone is very
      smooth, and if you lift one of them, you will find it is
      very jagged, which indicates wear on the surface.
      Everything is too well-placed to be a natural formation.'"
      "Dr. Robert Bell, an archaeologist from the
      University of Oklahoma, expressed his opinion that the
      find was a natural formation. Dr. Bell said that he could
      see no evidence of any mortaring substance. But Pate, on
      the other hand, was able to distinguish some kind of mud
      between each stone."
      "Delbert Smith, a geologist, president of the
      Oklahoma Seismograph Company, said the formation, which
      was discovered about three feet (0.9 meters) beneath the
      surface, appeared to cover several thousand square feet."
      "The Tulsa World quoted Smith as saying: 'There is no
      question about it. It has been laid there, but I have no
      idea by whom.'"
      A mosaic floor covering "several thousand square
      feet." Obviously, it was the remains of some prehistoric
      palace. Did an ancient city once stand on the site of
      what is now Edmond, Okla.? And who could have built it?
      Travelers from prehistoric Lemuria? Settlers from the
      lost continent of Atlantis? Or maybe a wandering tribe
      from the weird Lamanite civilization mentioned in The Book
      of Mormon.
      Thirty-six years after its discovery, there are still
      no definite answers about the "mosaic floor" found in
      Edmond, Okla.
      Was it buried gold, prehistoric cities or the
      assassination of Abraham Lincoln that triggered Oklahoma
      City's most baffling homicide? Charles Fort, the "Father
      of Ufology" mentions it in his book Wild Talents: "I put
      this item with others upon freaks of collectors. In
      Oklahoma City, July 1907, somebody collected ears. Bodies
      of three men--ears cut off."
      But, when it comes to sheer weirdness, not too many
      communities in the Sooner State can compete with the city
      of Enid (population 47,045).
      Located on Highways 60, 64 and 412 approximately 98
      miles (157 kilometers) north-northwest of Oklahoma City,
      "Enid has grown over the years from a tent city which
      sprang out of the prairie dust on the day of the Cherokee
      Outlet opening--September 16, 1893--to a typically
      prosperous, substantial, self-contained municipality."
      Yet, early Enid was a Mecca for people associated
      with the assassination of Abraham Lincoln, the USA's
      sixteenth president, on Good Friday, April 14, 1865.
      According to researcher Jim Brandon, "What might
      there have been in this small city to attract not one, not
      two, but three persons involved in what pioneer
      conspiratologist Otto Eisenschiml has called 'the strange
      death of Abraham Lincoln.'"
      "Local (Enid) history records that a chap who killed
      himself with strychnine--or at least ended up poisoned to
      death--at the local hotel on January 13, 1903, had
      identified himself as none other than John Wilkes Booth."
      This mysterious figure "had been living around Enid
      for quite some time, using a number of aliases. At the
      time of his death, he was known as David E. George and
      posed as a house painter, although no one seems to have
      taken that role any more seriously than he did."
      Booth/George "always seemed to have plenty of money
      and spent most of his time in taverns. When well-oiled
      with drink, he often delivered lengthy Shakespearean
      recitations, which amazed those who heard them as being
      far superior to ordinary barroom blague."
      "He had confided to a number of persons that he,
      Booth, had escaped from a burning tobacco barn at Port
      Royal, Virginia, where he was cornered after the Lincoln
      assassination, leaving another man to be shot in his
      "A last request, found among (David E.) George's
      effects, was that actor Edwin Booth of New York City (the
      assassin's older brother--J.T.) be notified of his death.
      This was done by telegram, but there was no reply."
      "A man who certainly should have been able to shed
      some light on the (real) identity of 'George' was also
      residing in Enid at the time. This was Boston Corbett,
      the Army sergeant who had rushed up and shot into the
      burning barn in a sort of instant preplay of the" Lee
      Harvey Oswald/Jack Ruby "exchange of 1963. Corbett, who
      seems to have escaped from an insane asylum (in Kansas--
      J.T.) somewhere along his checkered trail, was working in
      Enid as a drug salesman. He may even have carried
      strychnine in his samples kit. But if he was in town at
      the time of George's death, he never came forward."
      "Eight months after the death" of David E. George, "a
      newspaper in Rockport, Indiana reported that the former
      manager for the Laura Keene Theatrical Company, who had
      opened the window for Booth to escape Ford's Theatre" in
      Washington, D.C. "after shooting Lincoln, had retired and
      was living, where else but at Enid, Oklahoma. He too kept
      Enid "successfully avoided having the name of
      Skeleton thrust upon it (from its proximity to the head of
      Skeleton Creek) and owes its real name to a literature-
      loving Rock Island railroad official. Fond of Tennyson's
      Idylls of the King, he felt that Geraint's wife ought to
      be honored by having a city named for her."
      In a bizarre twist of fate, as a schoolboy, John
      Wilkes Booth played the role of "Enid" in an amateur
      production of Idylls of the King at the Milton College for
      Boys in Cockeysville, Maryland.
      So, if you find yourself in Oklahoma this summer,
      don't go speeding on through. Stay awhile, drive around,
      explore a bit--this Midwestern state has a plentitude of
      mysteries to share. (See the books Mysteries of Time and
      Space by Brad Steiger, Dell Publishing Co., Inc., New
      York, N.Y., 1973, pages 53 and 54; The Complete Books of
      Charles Fort, Dover Publications Inc., New York, N.Y.,
      1974, page 871; Oklahoma: A Guide to the Sooner State,
      University of Oklahoma Press, Norman, Okla., revised
      edition July 1957, pages 148, 149, 245, 374, 375, 417 and
      426; Weird America by Jim Brandon, E.P. Dutton, New York,
      N.Y., 1978, pages 186 and 187; Why Was Lincoln Murdered?
      by Otto Eisenschiml, Little, Brown Co., Boston, Mass.,
      1937; and Murdering Mr. Lincoln by Charles Higham, New
      Millenium Press, Beverly Hills, Cal., 2004, pages 104, 105
      and 106. See also the Enid, Okla. Morning News for
      February 4, 1976, "The Odyssey of John Wilkes Booth," page
      1; the Edmond, Okla. Booster for July 3, 1969; and the
      Tulsa, Okla. World for June 29, 1969.)

      Well, that's it for this week. Join us again in
      seven days for more UFO, Fortean and paranormal news from
      around the planet Earth--and occasionally, Mars-- brought
      to you by "the paper that goes home--UFO Roundup." See
      you next week!

      UFO ROUNDUP: Copyright 2005 by Masinaigan
      Productions, all rights reserved. Readers may post news
      items from UFO Roundup on their Web sites and in news
      groups provided that they credit the newsletter and its
      editor by name and list the date of issue in which the
      item first appeared.

      E-Mail Reports to: Joseph Trainor <Masinaigan@...>
      or use the Sighting Report Form at:


      Website comments: John Hayes <webmaster@...>

      UFOINFO: http://www.ufoinfo.com

      Official Archives for UFO Roundup, AUFORN Australian
      UFO Reports and Experiences, UFO + PSI Magazine
      plus archives of Humanoid Sighting Reports (Albert
      Rosales), Filer's Files, UFO News UK.
      UFO Roundup is only sent to subscribers.
      If you wish to unsubscribe or feel you have received
      the bulletin in error, please write to:


      With the subject: Unsubscribe UFO Roundup.
    Your message has been successfully submitted and would be delivered to recipients shortly.