UFO ROUNDUP, Volume 10 Number 18

  • John Hayes
    Message 1 of 2 , May 3, 2005
      Posted on behalf of Joseph Trainor.

      <Masinaigan@...>
      ==========================

      UFO ROUNDUP
      Volume 10, Number 19
      May 4, 2005
      Editor: Joseph Trainor

      E-mail: Masinaigan@...
      Website: http://www.ufoinfo.com/roundup/

      SECOND WHITE HOUSE BUZZ BY A UFO SENDS BUSH
      HEADING FOR THE BUNKER

      The second overflight of the White House by a
      possible UFO resulted in security agencies evacuating
      President George W. Bush from the USA's executive mansion.
      "A blip on a radar screen that was probably caused by
      a cloud or a flock of birds (or a UFO-J.T.) Wednesday,"
      April 27, 2005, "prompted security agencies to evacuate
      President Bush and Vice President (Dick) Cheney from the
      White House."
      "The alert was triggered at 10:35 a.m. when
      government radar screens" around Washington D.C. "showed a
      dot-mistaken for an airplane-about 30 miles (50
      kilometers) south of Washington and moving slowly toward
      the city, said Federal Aviation Administration (FAA)
      spokeswoman Laura Brown."
      "Brown said the dot disappeared after about 10
      minutes. She said it was not an aircraft but probably a
      cloud or several birds, which frequently show up on
      radar."
      "Security (black) helicopters on patrol around the
      capital quickly determined that an airplane hadn't flown
      into restricted airspace, Homeland Security Department
      spokesman Brian Roehrkasse said."
      "Armed Secret Service officers surrounded the White
      House compound as Bush was taken from the Oval Office to a
      bunker underneath the building, White House spokesman
      Scott McClellan said Bush was in the Presidential
      Emergency Operations Center for only 'a very short time.'"
      "Cheney was taken Wednesday to a secure location that
      was not disclosed."
      "The last time that either Bush or Cheney is known to
      have been in the bunker was on September 11, 2001. Both
      spent part of the day there following the terrorist
      attacks. Bush has been in the bunker on at least one
      other occasion before Wednesday, according to McClellan.
      It's 'not the first time,' he said, declining to
      elaborate."
      (Editor's Note: A UFO buzzed the District of
      Columbia earlier this year.)
      "Several federal agencies, including the Secret
      Service and the FBI, have been monitoring radar around
      Washington since 9/11."
      "Wednesday's incident occurred as a congressional
      committee was approving a measure to allow private planes
      to fly within a mile of the White House and Ronald Reagan
      Washington National Airport. Private planes have been
      barred from using the airport since 9/11 because their
      passengers, luggage and crew are not screened."
      "The Transportation Security Administration is
      developing a plan to gradually allow private planes to use
      the airport, TSA chief David Stone told lawmakers last
      month."
      Vice President Cheney "was notified about the scare
      and taken from the White House to a secure location,
      McClellan said."
      "The vice president was brought back inside the
      compound minutes after the situation was resolved."
      "Although the no-fly zone has been steadily expanded
      since 9/11 and now blankets a 30-mile (50-kilometer)
      radius from Washington, security officials are most
      worried about the tiny swath between the White House and
      Reagan National Airport, which an errant plane could cover
      in minutes."
      All in all, it was a rough week for the president.
      First Mr. Bush was photographed holding hands and air-
      kissing Prince Abdullah of Saudi Arabia during a visit by
      the Saudi diplomat to the president's ranch in Crawford,
      Texas. Then a liberal radio show broadcasted a skit in
      which Mr. Bush is assassinated.
      "All-liberal Air America and talker Randi Rhodes
      apologized" Wednesday, April 27, 2005, "for a 'bad taste'
      comedy bit in which President Bush was shot."
      "The Secret Service said" the same day "that it was
      looking into the incident to see if it constituted a
      threat to the president."
      "Rhodes opened her Monday afternoon," April 25, 2005,
      "radio show with an announcer blasting the president for
      his Social Security plan:"
      "'A spoiled child (referring to Mr. Bush-J.T.) is
      telling us our Social Security isn't safe anymore, so he's
      gonna fix it for us. Well, here's your answer, you
      ungrateful whelp:' (sound of three shotgun blasts)."
      "'The AAARP-the American Association for Armed
      Retired People (sound of a rifle being cocked). 'Just try
      it, you little bastard.'"
      "'It was a bit. It was bad. I apologize a thousand
      times,' Rhodes told listeners yesterday on WLIB (1190 AM)"
      in New York City, "adding, 'I'm not in charge of the
      bits.'"
      "'Our normal vetting process failed...and we regret
      it,' Air America's Jon Sinton told" the New York Post.
      "Informed of the bit at a White House press briefing,
      spokesman Scott McClellan said, 'It sounds very
      inappropriate and over the line.'"
      "Secret Service spokesperson Lorie Lewis told the
      Post that 'if we determine that questions need to be
      asked, we will attempt to get them answered, but at this
      point we have not made any inquiries to anyone connected
      with the show.'" (See USA Today for April 28, 2005,
      "Radar alert sends Bush into White House bunker," page 2A;
      the New York Daily News for April 28, 2005, "A blip on
      radar sends W rushing to bomb shelter," page 6; and the
      New York Post for April 28, 2005, "White House 'flyover'
      scare puts Bush in bunker," page 11; and "Air America
      shoots off an apology," page 111.)

      MYSTERY METEOR SEEN IN DAYLIGHT OVER WESTERN MANITOBA

      "Stargazing experts have been fielding dozens of
      calls from people who spotted a massive meteor in the
      daytime sky over western Manitoba on Saturday," April 23,
      2005.
      "Scott Young of the Manitoba Museum's planetarium
      says calls are coming in 'fast and furious' from people
      who saw or heard the meteor, which passed over Riding
      Mountain before exploding high over the St. Ambroise area,
      north of Portage La Prairie."
      "'About half of the people heard it only because of
      the sonic boom-the explosion-and people were thinking
      maybe it's a plane crash or something like that. They ran
      outside and would see the cloud of smoke that was
      expanding in the upper atmosphere that was visible for
      tens of minutes,' said Young."
      "'The people who saw it described it as a flaming
      baseball or a Roman candle with all sorts of flames and
      trailing smoke arching across the sky and ten detonating
      in a final explosion. Sounds like a spectacular sight.'"
      "Astronomers say this type of spectacle doesn't
      happen very often."
      "'We've been trying to find other references to
      meteors that were bright enough to be seen in the daytime,
      and there's perhaps a handful throughout all of recorded
      history in the Prairies at all. There was one in Manitoba
      maybe 20 years ago,' said Young."
      "'It's a very rare kind of thing. Most of the
      meteors that we see at night are just little grains of
      sand, and a really bright one might be the size of a
      marble. But this was probably the size of a suitcase.'"
      (See the St. Paul, Minn. Pioneer Press for April 26, 2005,
      "Meteor sighting thrills Manitoba." Many thanks to Bob
      Eggebrecht for this newspaper article.)

      TWO WOMEN LYNCHED FOR WITCHCRAFT IN ASSAM, INDIA

      "A tribal mob in northeastern India lynched and
      decapitated two women accused of practicing witchcraft,
      threw their bodies into a river and paraded their heads as
      trophies, police said."
      "The mob dragged the 60-year-old Bodo tribal women
      and her 30-year-old daughter from their village in
      Jarbari, 280 kilometers (168 miles) west of Assam state's
      main city of Guwahati, and killed them."
      "'The attack was gruesome, with the mob killing them
      and chopping off their heads and throwing the decapitated
      bodies in the river,' a police official said."
      "Villagers believed the women 'had cast evil spells,'
      the police official said, and afterwards paraded the heads
      'as trophies.'"
      "Eight people have been arrested over the attack.
      Witchcraft is practiced in various areas of India but is
      particularly popular in some parts of the remote northeast
      where it is used to treat ailments or cast spells on
      enemies." (See the Indian newspaper New Statesman for
      April 27, 2005, "'Witches' lynched by a mob in Assam."
      Many thanks to Krishnari Bai Dharapurnanda for this
      newspaper article.)

      RUSSIAN "SUPERGIRL" ASTOUNDS SCIENTISTS

      "Scientists say Russia's 'X-Ray Vision Girl,' who
      claims to be able to see inside the human body, can also
      spot internal injuries just be looking at a photograph."
      "Natalia Demkina has been undergoing tests in Japan
      into her apparent x-ray vision," which, like that of the
      comic book character Superman, "enabled her to diagnose
      medical conditions, reported the newspaper Komsomolskaya
      Pravda."
      "Previous tests in London and New York City led to
      mixed results. British scientists were convinced, but
      there were doubts in the U.S. where she could determine
      the illnesses of only four out of seven people."
      "The latest experiments were carried out by Professor
      Yoshio Machi at Tokyo University, who specializes in
      studying apparent superpowers in human beings."
      (Editor's Comment: How about that! A real-life
      "Professor X!")
      "Professor Machi said, 'We did a whole range of
      tests, and the strangest thing was that we found she could
      also use her abilities on photographs, even on tiny
      passport photos.'"
      "'She was able to look at them and apparently see
      what the problem was. Her ability is not x-ray vision,
      but she definitely has some kind of talent that we can't
      explain yet." (See Ananova for April 26, 2005, "X-ray
      vision girl amazes scientists." Many thanks to Steve
      Wilson Sr. for this article.)

      "AQUAMAN" SPOTTED IN THE CASPIAN SEA

      "Fisherman claim to have spotted an amphibious
      creature resembling a human in the Caspian Sea."
      "Gafar Gasanof, the captain of the M/V Baku," a
      trawler registered in Azerbaijan, "told the Iranian
      newspaper Zindagi that 'the creature was swimming a
      parallel course near the boat for a long time.'"
      "'At the beginning, we thought it was a big fish, but
      then we spotted hair on the head of the monster and his
      fins looked pretty strange, the front part of his body was
      equipped with arms.'"
      "According to reports from the region, the 'man of
      the sea' has been spotted with increasing regularity since
      off-shore oil production began in the Caspian Sea."
      "Eyewitnesses say the marine humanoid is about 1.65
      meters (5 feet, 6 inches), of strong build with a
      protruding stomach, webbed hands and black-green hair."
      "His lower lip is said to join smoothly to his neck
      above the gills."
      Except for the "protruding stomach," the entity
      resembles the DC comic book character Aquaman.
      Ayesha al-Khatabi, UFO Roundup's Middle East
      correspondent, commented that Aquaman would have more fans
      if he "took off that silly orange shirt" and "showed off
      those gorgeous pecs." (See the Iranian newspaper Zindagi
      for April 27, 2005, "'Merman' spotted again by a fishing
      boat on the Caspian." Many thanks to Ayesha al-Khatabi
      for this newspaper article.)

      EXPLODING TOADS PUZZLE SCIENTISTS IN
      GERMANY AND DENMARK

      "Officials are scratching their heads-and ducking-
      thanks to an outbreak of exploding toads."
      "Thousands of them have died near a lake in a
      fashionable part of Hamburg," the large seaport city in
      northern Germany, "swelling to more than three times their
      normal size before popping."
      "'The worst thing is that they're not dead
      immediately,' said Heidi Mayerhofer, a biologist called in
      to find an answer to the mystery. 'They have to fight for
      their lives for minutes on end, despite the fact that
      their entrails have been shot across the park."
      "Dogs and children have been warned away from the
      lake, which (German) tabloid newspapers are calling 'the
      Pond of Death.'"
      "The force of the explosions is impressive."
      "'It's like hitting a slightly rotten orange with a
      golf iron,' one Green activist explained" Monday, April
      25, 2005.
      "More than 1,000 toad corpses have been found at a
      pond in Hamburg, Germany and over the border in Denmark
      after bloating and bursting."
      "It has left onlookers baffled."
      "The pond water in Hamburg has been tested, but its
      quality is no better or worse than elsewhere in the city."
      "The toad remains have been checked for a virus or
      bacterium, but none has been found."
      "One scientist studying the splattered amphibian
      remains has a theory: Hungry crows are pecking out their
      livers."
      "Based on the wounds, said veterinarian Frank
      Mutschmann, it appears that a bird pecks into the toad
      with its beak between the amphibian's chest and abdominal
      cavity, and the toad puffs itself up as a defense
      mechanism."
      "But, because the liver is missing and there's a hole
      in the toad's body, the blood vessels and lungs burst and
      other organs ooze out, he said."
      "Local environmental workers in Hamburg has described
      it as a scene out of a horror movie."
      "Biblical plague, extraterrestrial bacteria or
      climate changes? Thousands of toads are exploding across
      northern Germany and central Denmark, baffled animal
      experts report."
      "Hundreds of toads have begun to explode near a lake
      in the town of Lasby in Mid-Jutland in Denmark. According
      to the reports, the toads climb up on land, swell up to
      three times their normal size and burst, casting their
      innards up to one meter (3 feet, 3 inches) in the air."
      "A similar phenomenon has also been reported in the
      German city of Hamburg, where authorities report that over
      1,000 toads are dead."
      "Experts are at a loss to explain what is causing the
      toads' painful deaths, which primarily take place between
      2 and 3 a.m."
      "'It's like a science fiction film,' said Werner
      Smolnik, a representative for a Hamburg animal welfare
      organization. 'You can see the animals crawling around on
      the ground, then they well up, and finally they burst.'"
      "Frank Jensen, curator of Denmark's Museum of
      Natural History, said to Denmark's TV2 that the mysterious
      deaths likely had an earthly explanation, namely toxins
      found in fertilizers or changes in the ozone layer."
      "The Danish Meteorological Institute warned yesterday
      (Wednesday, April 27, 2005) of increased ozone radiation
      reaching Denmark. Amphibians such as toads and frogs are
      known to be sensitive to slight environmental changes."
      "'I have never seen anything like this,' said
      veterinarian Otto Holst." (See the newspapers the
      Copenhagen Post for April 28, 2005, "Toads now exploding
      in Denmark, too," the New York Daily News for April 29,
      2005, "Toads croak mysteriously in Germany," page 9; and
      the Boston Herald for April 26, 2005, "Germany can't piece
      together mystery of exploding toads, page 4. Many thanks
      to Erik Petersen and Terry Duckworth for these newspaper
      articles.)
      (Editor's Comment: Talk about synchronicity. Check
      out the next article from Peru.)

      BOOTLEGGERS IN PERU TRIED TO TURN 4,000 FROGS
      INTO AN APHRODISIAC BEVERAGE

      Police in Lima, the capital of Peru, raided a
      warehouse near the port of Callao and made an astonishing
      discovery-4,000 frogs that had been smuggled in from the
      tropical rain forests of the country's Amazon jungle
      region.
      Even more astounding was the intended fate of the
      frogs. They were scheduled to be thrown into blenders and
      turned into raw material for an elixir.
      Police have now "launched a campaign to save frogs
      from being turned into an aphrodisiac drink."
      "'Frogshake' is popular among native Peruvians as a
      stimulant that enhances male sexual performance."
      "Police saved 4,000 frogs from being juiced to make
      the drink in a raid on a warehouse in Lima."
      According to the Web site for Terra Noticias
      Populares, the frogs had been trapped along the Rio
      Ucayali in eastern Peru and 'were packed in boxes and were
      about to be liquidized."
      "The rescued animals were released into a nature
      reserve."
      "A police spokesman said, 'It is our new crusade, to
      save the frogs from the juice-makers!'" (See the Peruvian
      newspaper El Comercio for April 28, 2005, "Police save
      frogs from juice-makers." Muchas gracias a Monica Gaetano
      de Silva por este articulo de diario.)

      HAS DUBYA CEDED LOS ANGELES BACK TO MEXICO?

      A billboard ad for a Spanish-language TV newscast in
      Los Angeles has become a lightning rod for controversy in
      the ongoing immigration debate on the USA's southern
      border with Mexico.
      The billboard ad shows the ad for Noticias 62 at
      KRCA-TV in Los Angeles. The ad shows the two news
      anchors, the broadcast times of 12 noon and 9 p.m., the
      city skyline in the background and the slogan "Tu ciudad,
      tu equipo." (Translated: "Your city, your team"-J.T.)
      But the top line shows "the "CA' (for California-J.T.)
      abbreviation after 'Los Angeles' has been crossed out and
      the word 'Mexico' added in its place."
      "The billboard reportedly sits along the 605 Freeway
      in Southern California. A photo of the ad was taken by a
      commuter who says he first thought his eyes were playing
      tricks on him."
      The eyewitness, P.A., reported, "I travel every day
      to and from work on the 605 freeway. By the sand quarries
      and the river wash there are many billboards. I have
      noticed that it seems more and more of them are in
      Spanish."
      "'Last week, I thought I noticed something strange on
      one of the billboards. The 605 moves fast usually at that
      point, so I went by again the next day and verified that
      the CA was crossed out and replaced with MEXICO.'"
      "Still not wanting to believe my eyes, or hoping they
      were playing tricks on me, I went by again, Sunday
      afternoon," April 24, 2005. "I went home and retrieved
      the digital camera. I drove north on the 605 past Ramona
      (California), and there it was on the right-hand side. I
      pulled off the road and took this all-too-sad photo. I
      guess they don't have to hide their intentions anymore.'"
      The city was originally founded by a Spanish
      missionary, Father Juniperro Serra, in 1776. It was
      originally called El Pueblo de Nuestra Senora La Reina de
      los Angeles de Porciuncula. The city became part of
      Mexico after that country's war of independence against
      Spain (1810-1821). By the terms of the Treaty of
      Guadalupe Hidalgo in 1848, following the USA's war with
      Mexico, Los Angeles became part of the new California
      Territory. California was admitted to the Union as a
      state in 1850.
      (Editor's Note: Porciuncula is a small town in Italy,
      the birthplace of St. Francis of Assissi, who founded the
      Franciscan order of monks to which Father Serra belonged.)
      "In the center of the billboard, placed within the
      L.A. skyline, is an image of the Angel of Independence, a
      well-known monument in Mexico City, further suggesting the
      merger of Los Angeles and Mexico."
      "Last month, ClearChannel, the apparent owner of the
      billboard, announced a 'Multicultural Sales and Marketing
      Initiative' to expand its focus on 'serving the fast-
      growing U.S. Hispanic and African-American population."
      The billboard has raised the ire of many in the USA's
      rightwing militia movement.
      "'Normally I'd laugh if somebody told me that George
      W. (Bush) had given L.A. back to Mexico,' Jeff Moss said,
      'But then I saw him holding hands with Ahab the Ay-rab.
      So now...who knows?'"
      "Back in 1847, the Mormons of our state marched into
      Los Angeles and made it part of the Union,' said Todd
      Christiansen of Utah. "The day Old Glory comes down at
      L.A. City Hall..that's the day the 15th Utah Avenging
      Angel Militia shows up, guns drawn and ready. Hooray for
      the Minutemen. Pat Buchanan said it best: 'Ride to the
      sound of the guns.'" (See WorldNet Daily for April 26,
      2005, "L.A. now in Mexico?" Many thanks to Todd
      Christiansen for this news story.)
      (Editor's Note: Actually, Todd, it was Confederate
      general Nathan Bedford Forrest who came up with that
      quote. But I'm sure Pat will be there, should the
      situation deteriorate to that point. And General Forrest,
      too, were he still on this level of existence.)

      THE MINUTEMAN PROJECT GOES NORTH

      "A controversial civilian patrol group that has been
      monitoring the Mexican border for illegal immigrants" all
      during April 2005 "is looking to expand its mission to the
      Canadian border, organizers said yesterday," Tuesday,
      April 26, 2005.
      "Minuteman Project leaders said their volunteers this
      month alerted federal authorities to more than 330 cases
      of illegal immigrants crossing into the United States over
      a 23-mile (37-kilometer) stretch of Arizona's southern
      border."
      "Now they plan to extend their patrol along the rest
      of the (USA's) border with Mexico and are helping to
      organize similar efforts in four states that neighbor
      Canada, including Vermont."
      "'In the absence of the federal government doing its
      mandated duty to secure our borders, we will pick up the
      slack. Reluctantly,' said Chris Simcox, a Minuteman co-
      organizer, who also operates Civil Homeland Defense,
      another Arizona group that monitors illegal immigrants."
      Simcox is also the publisher of the Tombstone,
      Arizona Citizen.
      "Simcox offered no timeline on when the Canadian
      border patrol-to be organized in Idaho, Michigan, North
      Dakota and Vermont-might begin. But he said he hoped to
      start patrols near San Diego (California) by June (2005)
      and along the rest of the border by October (2005)."
      "Mario Villareal, a spokesman for U.S. Customs and
      Border Protection, said his agency 'does not endorse the
      expansion of civilian patrols, as proposed by the citizens
      group in Arizona. We must leave the responsibility for
      protecting the nation's borders to the highly-trained law
      enforcement personnel of the Border Patrol."
      In Sacramento, state capital of California, "Gov.
      Arnold Schwarzenegger, who outraged some Mexican-American
      groups last week by calling for a closed border, praised
      the civilian volunteer Minuteman Project for its patrols
      to spot illegal immigrants."
      "'Look, they've cut down the crossing of illegal
      immigrants by a huge percentage,' Schwarzenegger told KFI-
      AM's 'The John and Ken Show' on Thursday," April 28, 2005.
      California's "Republican governor accused the (USA's)
      federal government of failing to control the border and
      said it encouraged illicit border crossers by giving them
      access to water."
      "'The whole system is set up to really invite people
      to come in here illegally, and that has to stop,' he
      said."
      "The Minuteman Project involves hundreds of
      volunteers, some armed, who have been patrolling the
      Mexico-Arizona border since April 1 (2005) to document and
      report illegal crossings."
      "Chris Simcox, a Minuteman organizer welcome
      Schwarzenegger's support. 'It's gratifying to see that
      elected officials are responding to the will of the
      people,' he said."
      Simcox, "a Tombstone, Arizona newspaper publisher and
      founder of Arizona's Civil Homeland Defense Corps (CHD)"
      will "tell the Congressional Immigration Caucus, during a
      closed meeting that the Minuteman volunteers shut down
      alien traffic along a 23-mile (37-kilometer) section of
      border while bringing nationwide attention to a national
      security crisis."
      "'We demonstrated that ordinary citizens have not
      only the will, but the means to secure our border,' said
      organizer James T. Gilchrist, a retired California
      certified public accountant and combat-wounded Vietnam
      veteran."
      "Mr. Simcox, whose CHD has reported more than 4,100
      illegal aliens to the U.S. Border Patrol since November
      2002, said the new volunteers will be ready in October
      (2005) to control illegal immigration along the U.S.-
      Mexico border from California to Texas."
      "'There is no compromise; we will continue to
      exercise our civic duty until relieved by the National
      Guard or the U.S. military,' Mr. Simcox said. 'The
      Minuteman Project's phenomenal success proved that our
      borders can be secured. Now it's time to take our message
      to Washington-where the real battle begins.'"
      "'We will package what we've done here and do it
      again as a multistate border project. We will tell the
      government to do its job in securing this border or we
      will shut it down ourselves,' he said."
      "Nearly 900 Minuteman volunteers-some armed-had spent
      at least one eight-hour shift in the field through
      Friday," April 29, 2005, "in Cochise County, Arizona.
      Calls to the Border Patrol resulted in the arrests of 335
      illegal immigrants." (See the Boston Herald for April 27,
      2005, "Civilians preparing to patrol Vermont border," page
      43; the Boston Herald for April 30, 2005, "Governator
      Arnold gives thumbs up to maverick border patrol," page
      45; the Providence, R.I. Journal for May 1, 2005, "Border
      patrollers hail their success;" and the Washington Times
      for April 27, 2005, "'Minutemen' to push Congress.")

      ACTIVISTS PROTEST J.LO AT LATIN MUSIC AWARDS

      As promised, animal-rights activists launched
      Operation Chunky Butt last weekend, confronting singer-
      actress Jennifer Lopez at the Latin Music Awards in Los
      Angeles.
      "After 11 months of staying mum about her marriage to
      Marc Anthony, Lopez chose Friday's (April 29, 2005)
      Monster-in-Law premiere to show off a new haircut and step
      out very publicly with the love of her life. The previous
      evening, in Miami, the usually low-key couple also posed
      for photographers when Anthony was honored at the
      Billboard (magazine) Latin Music Awards."
      "The savvy singers knew their public display would
      take some of the attention away from the crowds of PETA
      (People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals-J.T.)
      picketers, who were brandishing posters of mink-loving
      Lopez wrapped in fur and with the caption 'Monster-in-
      Fur.'"
      "'They have wonderful pictures of Jennifer,' joked
      premiere guest Randy Quaid, while others including Sally
      Field, Jacqueline Bisset and Stockard Channing tried to
      look past images of skinned foxes."
      "'Why pick on her?' asked Robert Luketic, who
      directed the film," which opens in the USA on Friday, May
      13, 2005. "'If you go snowboarding in Aspen (Colorado) in
      the winter, there's fur from here to breakfast.'"
      "Lopez, dressed in Neil Lane and Fred Leighton jewels
      and a satin Zac Posen gown (and not a hint of fur) said
      she and Anthony 'want to support each other as a couple
      but at the same time try to maintain some privacy.' The
      couple were inseparable after the party at Westwood's
      Hammer Museum" in Los Angeles.
      "Lopez said she is going to make every effort to be
      with her mother," Guadalupe Lopez, "next Sunday (May 8,
      2005) for Mother's Day. 'And also my grandma, because
      she's getting up there.'"
      "To shield PETA people from TV cameras and to protect
      Lopez from attacks, a tent was erected. But across the
      street, protesters such as UCLA student Lisette Alvarez,
      22, were determined to be heard. 'I don't think Jennifer
      Lopez is sensitive to the issue of fur,' she said, 'She's
      not a fashion icon; she's a fashion moron.'"
      "Lopez's co-star, Jane Fonda, who famously spoke out
      against the Vietnam War" in the early 1970s, "laughed
      while walking the red carpet. Dressed in a gown by
      Italian designer Blumarine, Fonda said, 'I'm not going to
      be one to say people don't have a right to protest.' She
      said she no longer wears fur because 'I don't want to be
      protested.'"
      In other prominent Hispanic derriere news, actress
      "Penelope Cruz regrets grabbing her friend Salma Hayek's
      rear end during a recent photo shoot, reports IMDB.com,
      because it sparked stories that they were lesbians."
      "The Spanish star insists she was sick with the flu
      and a little delirious when she let her hand linger on
      Hayek's bottom at a news conference for their new film
      Bandidas."
      "'I just grabbed Salma's ass just to keep things
      moving, because everyone was a little slow,' she says,
      'And, of course, the energy changed when I did that.
      There are magazine covers in Mexico describing us as
      lesbians because of that. A lot of people were saying we
      were lovers.'" (See USA Today for May 2, 2005, "'Monster'
      of a premiere," page 3D and the Providence, R.I. Journal
      for May 1, 2005, "People in the News," page 2A.)
      (Editor's Comment: Yes, boys and girls, that item
      about Penelope and Salma really did appear in the
      Providence Journal. Maybe we should call this Cheek-to-
      Cheek Week at UFO Roundup.)

      From the UFO Files...

      1927: THE STRANGE CASE OF DR. MOSCATI

      In 1987, sixty years after the candidate's death,
      Pope John Paul II bestowed sainthood on an Italian
      physician, Dr, Giuseppe Moscati, whose canonization
      ceremony in Vatican City was attended by an astounding
      150,000 people.
      Many of the visitors in attendance were witnesses who
      claimed that they had been treated by Dr. Moscati years
      after his death.
      "A blacksmith, dying of leukemia, said Dr. Moscati
      appeared to him in a vision and told him, 'You are well.'
      He immediately underwent medical tests-and, sure enough,
      all signs of his leukemia had vanished."
      Italian "doctors sent a man with terminal Addison's
      disease home to die. He prayed to a portrait of Dr.
      Moscati-and said he later dreamed the physician was
      operating on him. Next morning he rushed back to the
      hospital and doctors confirmed he was cured."
      "With her teenaged son dying of meningitis, a
      desperate woman prayed at the tomb of Dr. Moscati" in
      Napoli (Naples). "When she returned to the hospital, she
      found her son's bed surrounded by excited doctors. Her
      son had suddenly recovered."
      "In all three cases, the physicians involved
      submitted written testimony to the Vatican commission
      saying there was no medical explanation for the
      recoveries."
      "'The miracles we selected can only be explained as
      the outcome of divine intervention,' declared Father Paolo
      Molinari," the chairman of the Vatican commission on
      canonization of the saints.
      "Dr. Moscati-the first doctor in modern church
      history" to be canonized-"astounded people even while he
      was alive, often making diagnoses and prescribing
      treatments without even seeing his patients."
      (Editor's Note: Sort of like his counterpart in the
      USA-Edgar Cayce.)
      "'His colleagues admired him for the almost prophetic
      way he could make diagnoses,' Father Molinari said."
      "The kindly physician from Napoli spent his life
      treating patients' bodies and souls before he died in 1927
      at age 46-apparently from pushing his own body beyond its
      limits, Father Molinari said."
      "'You could say he died from devotion.'"
      "'He worked in a public hospital ward and devoted his
      free time to the poorest districts, where people received
      him like a missionary to their misery.'"
      "The deeply religious physician never asked the poor
      for payment."
      "After Dr. Moscati's death, his remains were placed
      in a special tomb inside the Church of Jesus in Napoli,
      and thousands of pilgrims visited every day to seek cures
      for themselves and their families."
      "Out of the countless miraculous healings attributed
      to Dr. Moscati, the Vatican commission selected three for
      investigation and documented them beyond a doubt, said
      Father Luigi Garofalo, deputy chairman of the Vatican
      commission."
      (Editor's Note: In the Roman Catholic Church, the
      investigating commission assigns one clergyman to serve as
      "the Devil's Advocate." His job is to dig up all of the
      reasons why the candidate should not be named a saint and
      dispute the candidate's claim during every step of the
      process.)
      The teenager cured of acute leukemia decades after
      Dr. Moscati's death was Giuseppe Montefusco. "As
      Montefusco lay close to death in a hospital bed, his
      mother says Dr. Moscati appeared to her in a dream and
      told her, 'Trust in God and you'll see your son recover.'"
      "With his mother's help, Montefusco sneaked out of
      the hospital and prayed at the late doctor's tomb."
      "'Then one night, I had a vision of Dr. Moscati,'"
      Montefusco reported, "'He appeared in a long white coat
      and said, 'There is no need for you to occupy a hospital
      bed. You are well and can go home.'"
      "Montefusco was tested for leukemia by his family
      physician, Dr. Luigi DiPalma and Professor Mario
      D'Onofrio, chief of hematology and oncology at the
      University of Napoli (Naples)-and the doctors pronounced
      him in complete remission."
      "'We looked at it as an amazing happening,' said Dr.
      DiPalma." (See the National Enquirer for April 19, 1988,
      "Catholic church's newest saint cured three people on
      their deathbeds," page 7.)

      Well, that's it for this week. Join us again in
      seven days-when your editor will hopefully be back in the
      Upper Midwest-for more UFO, Fortean and paranormal news
      from around the planet Earth, brought to you by "the paper
      that goes home-UFO Roundup." See you then!

      UFO ROUNDUP: Copyright 2005 by Masinaigan
      Productions, all rights reserved. Readers may post news
      items from UFO Roundup on their Web sites or in news
      groups provided that they credit the newsletter and its
      editor by name and list the date of issue in which the
      item first appeared.

      or use the Sighting Report Form at:

      http://www.ufoinfo.com/submit/sightings.shtml

      UFOINFO: http://www.ufoinfo.com

      Official Archives for UFO Roundup, AUFORN Australian
      UFO Reports and Experiences, UFO + PSI Magazine
      plus archives of Humanoid Sighting Reports (Albert
      Rosales), Filer's Files, Oz Files, UFO News UK.
      Message 2 of 2 , May 3, 2005
        Does Anyone know how to reach Jim Johnson in kansas city mo?? I am Jack
        Sauvains wife and I need to contact him to let him know that Jack passed away on
        4/30 If you can please have him call me at 816-420-0045 I would like to give him
        the info for the funeral which is on Thursday 5/5 in holt, mo

        Thanks
        Ericka