Fw: [ufotruthseekers] Exploding Frog Mystery

  • Linette Sukup
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 29 8:31 AM
      Don't like it.

      Peace.
      Please visit http://www.fthm.ws/linette
      ----- Original Message -----
      From: "Jenny" <jenny328@...>
      To: "ufotruthseekers" <ufotruthseekers@yahoogroups.com>; "john"
      <cstorm10@...>
      Sent: Thursday, April 28, 2005 4:08 PM
      Subject: [ufotruthseekers] Exploding Frog Mystery

      > This has nothing to do with UFOs but I found it odd & intriguing so
      thought I'd share :)
      > Jen
      >
      > Exploding frog mystery
      > 04/25/2005
      >

      > Scientists in Germany have been left confused after finding hundreds of
      toads that appear to have exploded.

      > Animal welfare workers and vets have reported that nearly 1,000 toads have
      died after their bodies swelled to bursting point, sending their insides
      flying as far as a metre.

      > Werner Smolnik, from a nature protection society in Hamburg, told Agence
      France Presse: "You see the animals crawling on the ground, swelling and
      then exploding."

      > Theories for the gory deaths, which took place near the lake in the Altona
      district of Hamburg, range from a fungus in the water to crows that could be
      attacking the toads and scaring them to death.

      > But no-one really knows what causes the toads to swell to three times
      their normal size and blow up - a phenomenon that has led the area being
      renamed as the "pond of death".