Re:An Ultimate Orb Photo

  • Joe McGonagle
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 27, 2005
      --- In ufonet@yahoogroups.com, wsmith51@a... wrote:
      <snip>

      > Opinions welcomed....:)
      >
      > Sandy Nichols
      >
      > _ARG Alien Research Group with Sandy Nichols_
      > (http://alienresearchgroup.com/)

      Sandy's assessment is fundamentally flawed;

      from her web site:

      "I want the skeptics and the debunkers to explain to me how a mullion
      separating two panes of glass can obscure the center of an illusion."

      This is because the mullion is lighter than the "orb" (dust
      particle). The light content is effectively added, causing the orb to
      appear to be behind the mullion, when it is in fact very close to the
      lens.

      You don't have to take my sceptical (or debunking) word for it,
      fervent (and much respected by me) ETH propounder Bruce Maccabee has
      covered the "orb" phenomenon in great detail at his site:

      http://brumac.8k.com

      the article about orbs is at:

      http://brumac.8k.com/orb1.html

      Joe