Loading ...
Sorry, an error occurred while loading the content.

UFO ROUNDUP, Volume 10 Number 15

Expand Messages
  • John Hayes
    Posted on behalf of Joseph Trainor. ========================== UFO ROUNDUP Volume 10, Number 15 April 13, 2005 Editor: Joseph Trainor
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 12, 2005
    • 0 Attachment
      Posted on behalf of Joseph Trainor.


      Volume 10, Number 15
      April 13, 2005
      Editor: Joseph Trainor

      E-mail: Masinaigan@...
      Website: http://www.ufoinfo.com/roundup


      "Witnesses at Colonia de Sacramento" in Uruguay, a
      small country in South America, "said a powerful beam of
      light was seen in the heavens. The hypothesis was put
      forth by a military man on Radio 10" in Montevideo, the
      national capital.
      "Uruguayans are still wondering what it was. The
      hitherto unexplained event occurred in recent days."
      "Residents of Puerto Sauce and Colonia de Sacramento
      claim having seen 'a very intense beam of light that
      appeared suddenly in the heavens.' They also claim that
      there was a deafening sound and the windows rattled in the
      community's homes."
      "In an interview with Radio 10, Colonel Jose Luis
      Vignoli, press officer for the Fuerza Aerea Urugayense
      (FAU or Uruguayan Air Force--J.T.) said that 'a missile
      was involved.'"
      Col. Vignoli "said 'the control tower at Carrasco
      Airport received signals from two airliners.' One of the
      pilots, a Lufthansa captain, reported seeing a luminous
      "The (Lufthansa) airliner had taken off from Ezeiza
      International Airport near Buenos Aires," the capital of
      Argentina, "and was in the vicinity of Carrasco. The
      pilot contacted the tower again, describing the object as
      'very luminous' and as if 'resembling a fireball.'"
      (Editor's Note: Ezeiza Airport in Argentina is 200
      kilometers or 120 miles west of Carrasco Airport in
      "Later on, another aircraft--a courier flight by an
      FAU pilot--also reported a luminous object crossing the
      "This pilot reported seeing 'an intense reflection
      against the waters of the Rio de la Plata,'" the
      freshwater estuary that lies between Montevideo and Buenos
      Aires, "and that it could be a rocket or missile. The
      other pilot described types of flames in an ascending
      "The second pilot also said that the flames could be
      from the afterburner of another (jet) aircraft.
      Afterburners enable pilots to obtain maximum acceleration
      in a matter of seconds."
      "It is based on these descriptions that the FAU
      believes that the unknown object 'could be a missle.'
      This merely deepens the mystery because Uruguay has
      neither missiles nor launch facilities."
      "Col. Vignoli explained on Radio 10: 'We can neither
      confirm nor affirm anything at this time,' rejecting the
      possibility that it could be related to 'matters
      Colonia de Sacramento is located about 160 kilometers
      (100 miles) west of Montevideo. (Muchas gracias a Scott
      Corrales y Christian Quintero del grupo Planeta UFO para
      estas noticias.)
      (Editor's Comment: Welcome to South America, Take it Away
      Week here at UFO Roundup. The current flap began with the
      abduction last week of Vanderlei Rodrigues dos Santos in
      Brazil's southernmost state of Rio Grande do Sul. Now
      it's spread into neighboring Uruguay and northeastern


      On Wednesday, April 6, 2005, TV Canal (Channel) 13 in
      Buenos Aires, the capital of Argentina conducted an
      interview with Capt. Alvaro Castillo of the Fuerza Aerea
      Uruguayense (FAU or Uruguayan Air Force--J.T.) about the
      recent UFO sightings in Uruguay's southern coastal region.
      "He spoke of 'a missile or a downed combat aircraft'" as
      being the cause.
      "Meanwhile, UFOs were seen in Concordia," a medium-
      sized city in Argentina's Entre Rios province, right on
      the border with Uruguay.
      On Tuesday night, April 5, 2005, "volunteer
      firefighters in Villa Zorraquir," a town 20 kilometers (12
      miles) north of Concordia, "picked up a distress call on
      VHF radio from an aircraft identifying itself with three
      numerals. They immediately contacted the control tower at
      Comodoro Pierresteguy Airport, and the Fuerza Aerea
      Argentinera (FAA or Argentinian Air Force--J.T.) requested
      reports from all of the airports in the region. But no
      flight with Concordia as its destination was confirmed."
      "Residents of Salto," Concordia's neighboring city
      across the border in Uruguay, "claimed to have seen 'an
      airplane is distress' flying at a low altitude over their
      "A police detachment in Concordia in Entre Rios
      received reports of an alleged missile or aircraft in the
      vicinity of Termas Vertientes de la Concordia that was
      using a high-powered searchlight. Reports of the
      mysterious aircraft were received from that vicinity at
      11:50 p.m. last night (Tuesday, April 5, 2005)."
      "The FAA requested information from all airports in
      the province as to when an aircraft bound for Concordia
      could have been seen. This information was forwarded to
      the Third Aerial Brigade, headquartered at Parana. No
      plane had departed in the direction of Concordia. The
      three numerals of its call sign suggested that it could be
      an experimental (FAA) plane."
      "A news crew from TV Canal (Channel) 5 set out
      immediately for the thermal baths in that location,
      ascertaining that neither the employees of the baths nor
      the tourists visiting there had witnessed the crash of the
      alleged airplane."
      "Police officers, after combing the thermal baths and
      their vicinity, decided to return to their stations after
      alerting the Carabineros (Argentinian national police--
      J.T.) to be alert to the possible appearance of 'a phantom
      aircraft'" over the Rio Uruguay valley.
      Concordia is located 400 kilometers (250 miles) north
      of Buenos Aires, the capital of Argentina. Its neighbor,
      Salto, is located 480 kilometers (300 miles) northwest of
      Montevideo, the capital of Uruguay. (See the Argentinian
      newspaper El Sol Matutino for April 6, 2005, "Phantom
      aircraft crashes?" Muchas gracias a Scott Corrales y
      Christian Quintero para esto articulo de diario.)


      On Monday, April 4, 2005, "a mutilated cat was found
      on an estancia (country estate--J.T.)" in rural La Pampa
      province, Argentina, about 640 kilometers (400 miles)
      southwest of Buenos Aires, the national capital.
      "Just before the carcass was found, the witnesses
      allegedly saw strange lights in the sky and heard guttural
      sounds resembling 'the sound of the wind,' after which she
      (the owner--J.T.) found the mutilated pet."
      According to Argentinian ufologist Raul Oscar Chaves,
      La Pampa has been plagued with animal mutilations for the
      past month.
      "A while ago, we learned that ten mutilated cows had
      been discovered here in the province," Raul reported, "The
      most startling impact is that crop circles were found in
      the pasture, and all of the cows appeared in one circle,
      with their heads pointing towards the center of the
      Raul added that members of CIUFOS-La Pampa visited
      the site of the cattle mutilation and undertook a detailed
      survey of the scene. (Muchas gracias a Scott Corrales y
      Raul Oscar Chaves para estas noticias.)


      Daylight disc UFOs flying over the city of Culiacan
      in Mexico's state of Sinaloa were captured on videotape by
      Juan Antonio Lopez, a local resident. Lopez "managed to
      obtain excellent footage of the UFOs over his city,"
      Mexican ufologist Ana Luisa Cid Fernandez reported. "Upon
      viewing the video, strange shining structures can be seen
      moving around at high speed."
      Culiacan is 460 kilometers (276 miles) northwest of
      Mexico City.
      The Culiacan sighting is just the latest in a series
      of recent encounters in Mexico.
      On Sunday, March 20, 2005, Prof. Cid "photographed a
      spherical silver UFO over Tlalnepantla," a suburb 10
      kilometers (6 miles) north of Mexico City. "Days later,
      she discovered a police helicopter in the photo." The
      helicopter "was flying at low altitude to monitor a
      disturbance of some area street peddlers. The UFO became
      apparent when she doubled the size of the photo."
      On Tuesday, March 22, 2005, "according to a report by
      aircraft technician Alfonso Salazar, Radio Rojo News
      reported that a spherical UFO had been reported hovering
      motionless over Tlalnepantla. The news report was made by
      Jorge Flores, a reporter for Radio Rojo, and Guadalupe
      Juarez, a reporter on Radio Rojo's nighttime news hour."
      The following day, Wednesday, March 23, 2005, Salazar
      and another Mexican ufologist, Carlos Guzman, were
      interviewed about the Tlalnepantla sightings by Radio
      On Thursday, March 24, 2005, "Sra. Malena Mendieta
      told Prof. Cid that she had witnessed 'strange low-flying
      lights' near her home in the barrio Patera Vallejo
      (neighborhood) north of Mexico City. The lights emitted a
      buzzing sound that surprised Sra. Mendieta greatly. This
      sighting took place during the early morning hours, and
      she was in the company of her daughter."
      During a skywatch on Friday, March 25, 2005, Mexican
      ufologists Alfonso Salazar and Salvador Guerrero "manged
      to observe and record on video a spherical object on the
      east side of Mexico City. The UFO suddenly shifted speed
      and embarked on a new trajectory at the exact moment the
      (Good Friday reenactment of the) Crucifixion was being
      executed in Ixtapalapa."
      On Saturday, March 26, 2005, "an amateur television
      cameraman captured video of a spherical object emitting
      white lights in Mexico City's northern region, flying at
      high altitude from south to north," according to ufologist
      Alfonso Salazar. (Muchas gracias a Scott Corrales y Ana
      Luisa Cid Fernandez para estas noticias.)


      "Authorities say seven people received minor injuries
      in an apparent natural gas explosion that destroyed the
      rear of a Northeastern University dormitory in Boston,"
      the state capital of Massachusetts.
      "Police spokesman John Boyle said the people who were
      hurt were sent to area hospitals."
      "The explosion sent flames shooting through the
      dormitory Wednesday," April 6, 2005, "injuring seven
      people and severely damaging the six-story brick
      "Victims were treated for broken bones, cuts and
      burns, but no one was seriously hurt, said Richard Serino,
      Boston's emergency services director."
      "The Fire Department said the explosion probably was
      caused by a gas leak in the boiler room of Kerr Hall."
      "Kerr Hall houses dormitories and a faculty center"
      belonging to Northeastern University, whose main campus is
      a short distance away on Huntington Avenue.
      "The injured included students, faculty, staff and a
      utility worker sent to investigate the gas leak."
      "Kerr Hall on Boston's Fenway has been evacuated
      while the State Fire Marshal's Office investigated the
      scene. The blast occurred at 1:20 p.m. Wednesday, and its
      cause is not yet known. Fire crews arriving at the scene
      reported smelling a strong odor of gas." (See the Boston
      Herald for April 7, 2005, "Dorm explosion injures seven;"
      the Attleboro, Mass. Sun-Chronicle and the Kent County
      Daily Times of West Warwick, R.I. for April 7, 2005. Many
      thanks to Mary Lou Jones-Drown and Terry Duckworth for
      these newspaper articles.)
      (Editor's Note: The Fenway, known in the Seventeenth
      Century as "the Fens," was the home of occultist Susan
      Pickman before she moved to Salem "on the North Shore" in


      Pope John Paul II (birth name: Karol Wojytla) passed
      away on Saturday, April 2, 2005, following a long illness,
      and had his funeral at St. Peter's Basilica in Rome on
      Friday, April 8, 2005, thereby fulfilling a prophecy made
      in the Tenth Century A.D. by St. Malachy.
      During a series of visions in his native Ireland, St.
      Malachy was given Latin names to identify the popes of the
      future. He said one of the Popes of the Last Days would
      be known as De Labore Solis (Latin for Labor of the Sun,
      meaning The Pope of the Eclipse--J.T.)
      Pope John Paul II was born on May 8, 1920 in Poland,
      during an eclipse of the sun. Fortean researcher Loren
      Coleman pointed out, "Interestingly, there was an eclipse
      of the sun on April 8, 2005," the day of the pope's
      funeral. "The April 8 sun is an annular/total eclipse,
      with a maximum duration of 42 seconds on a 25-mile (40-
      kilometer) wide path in a remote region of the southern
      Pacific Ocean and ends with a hint of shadow touching
      South America."
      Coleman also pointed out that, astrologically
      speaking, the pope's "sun happens to fall right on his
      descendent, opposite his Mars."
      "The pope was born nearly three months to the day
      after the death of Fatima seer Jacinta Marto in Portugal,"
      UFO Roundup editor Joseph Trainor said, "Although he did
      not live long enough to canonize the three Fatima seers,
      the pope considered Our Lady of Fatima his patroness and
      also credited her with saving his life during the
      assassination attempt of 1981."
      According to Vatican official Joaqium Navarro Val,
      "God granted Pope John Paul II many gifts, including
      incredible faith-healing and exorcism powers."
      "The Pope's most spectacular exorcism took place in
      1982, when priests told him that 22-year-old Francesca
      Fabrizi was possessed by the devil. Her parish priest,
      Father Giuseppe Baldini, later confided what happened:"
      "'The Pope had barely crossed himself to begin the
      exorcism when she went berserk. Her mouth filled with a
      stinking yellow foam. Her voice became masculine. She
      hurled insults at the Pope as she rolled on the floor.
      Unperturbed, the Pontiff recited the prayers of the
      exorcist ritual.'"
      "'Several times he ordered the devil 'In the name of
      God, whoever you are, I order you to leave the body of
      this woman!'"
      "'At that point, the demon fled the victim's body.
      She became still, then took the pope's hand and kissed
      "A year later, Francesca returned to the Vatican--to
      have her new-born baby blessed by the man who'd freed her
      from her demon."
      "Given just weeks to live, Kay Kelly survived for 12
      more years--thanks to a meeting with the pope."
      "In 1979, doctors told Kay, a 32-year-old English
      mother of three, that she had incurable cancer. Her dying
      wish was to meet the pope."
      "When Kay met the Pontiff, he took her head in his
      hands and prayed. Her tears poured onto his hands.
      Afterward, her constant pain suddenly disappeared--along
      with her tumor."
      "The miracle was confirmed when she died 12 years
      later" in 1991 "from heart problems. An autopsy showed no
      sign of cancer."
      "The Pope was visiting the Philippines in 1981 when
      he met Mother Vangie, a nun working in a Manila slum who'd
      been wheelchair-bound for 13 years. She told him about
      the accident that had left her paralyzed; he reached out
      to place his hands on her head and pray."
      "Moments after the pope left, Mother Vangie stood and
      In Italy, "Father Andrea Palamides, a deputy parish
      priest at a church near Rome, is convinced that the Pope
      had the power to work miracles--because he experienced it
      first-hand, too."
      "Father Palamides lost his sight in 1993 after being
      beaten by muggers. A few months later, he was granted a
      special audience with the Pope."
      "'The Holy Father put one hand on my head and held my
      hand tightly with the other,' he recalled, 'A few days
      later, on Easter eve, I suddenly regained my sight. I
      believe it was the Pope's touch that allowed me to
      miraculously see again.'"
      "In the Roman Catholic Church, a deceased communicant
      needs at least two demonstrable miracles to be canonized
      or declared a saint," Trainor said, "Pope John Paul II
      already has four lined up." (See the National Enquirer
      for April 18, 2005, "How the Pope changed our lives," page
      21. Many thanks to Loren Coleman for the astrological
      reading and St. Malachy prophecy.)


      "They came as if on Easter pilgrimage--from Mitchells
      Plain, Retreat, Bontehuewel and Manenberg--to see the
      image of a crucified Christ on a frosted bathroom window
      in Lavender Hill," near Cape Town in South Africa.
      "But a glass expert has cast doubt on the phenomenon,
      saying the type of glass indeed produces signs which
      explain the 'vision.'"
      "Since it was first seen just more than a week ago,
      the 'vision' has attracted crowds of people who residents
      say have pushed and shoved their way into the bathroom of
      the Petersen family's ground-floor flat in Parkin Court."
      "Remena Petersen, 18, who first saw the image when
      she looked through her bathroom window on (Sunday) March
      20 (2005), told the Cape Argus last week that she had been
      moved to tears when it happened."
      "But on Monday (March 28, 2005), people were still
      flocking to her home. Remena declined to comment,
      insisting that she first be paid for the interview."
      "She did say, however, that the Christ, flanked by
      six angels, was visible after dark."
      "Another Parkin Court resident, 17-year-old Dionna
      Esau, said that while the curious are still coming, the
      numbers have dropped."
      "'People really believe that it's an angel,' she
      said, 'They say that when you go into the bathroom, you
      get a good feeling.'"
      "However, unlike her neighbours, she doesn't believe
      the image is a religious sign."
      "'It did look like an angel, but it's not,' she said,
      'I think it's a reflection of the moon or a light.'"
      "Nazli Petersen, 29, a neighbour who has lived on the
      same block of flats for nearly 12 years, said she had
      first seen the image last Monday (March 21, 2005) when 'an
      image of Jesus' had been 'quite clear.'"
      "When she visited the flat again on Wednesday night
      (March 23, 2005), the image appeared to be fading."
      "'Maybe it's a sign for all of us in Lavender Hill to
      make peace with the Lord,' she said." (See the newspaper
      Cape Argus of South Africa for March 29, 2005. Many
      thanks to Robert Fischer for this newspaper article.)


      "Tornadoes and severe thunderstorms struck several
      states in the (USA's) South on Wednesday," April 6, 2005,
      "injuring at least nine people and destroying more than 30
      homes in Mississippi."
      "High winds also tore the roof off a high school
      there, but the 650 students inside were uninjured."
      "Damaging winds and heavy rain stretched from New
      Orleans (Louisiana) to the Tennessee River Valley, said
      Anthony Diaz, a meteorologist with The Weather Channel.
      Mississippi alone reported 30 tornadoes."
      "Worst hit Wednesday: rural Rankin County, southeast
      of Jackson, Miss. Storm after storm pummeled the area for
      several hours, Diaz said."
      "At least 22 homes were destroyed and eight people
      were injured, one of them critically, said Lea Stokes, a
      spokeswoman for the Mississippi Emergency Management
      "National Weather Service officials said the tornado
      was rated an F3 on the Fujita scale; its winds ranged from
      158 mph to 206 mph (miles per hour--J.T.). The most
      severe tornado, an F5, can have top winds of 318 mph."
      The F3 tornado tore right through the trailer park in
      Brandon, Miss. (population 16,436), a town in northern
      Rankin County, about 7 miles (11 kilometers) east of
      Jackson, the state capital. The Cook family's "mobile
      home was unoccupied when it was destroyed by the tornado.
      It also affected the 587 customers south of Thomasville
      Grocery in Brandon."
      Curiously, Brandon has become "the Tornado Capital of
      Mississippi," having been "hit by three in the past dozen
      years, according to the National Weather Service." An F3
      tornado in 1992 "took a similar path" as Wednesday's
      Fortean researcher Loren Coleman pointed out that the
      lexilinks phenomenon may be at work here. The town, he
      noted, "has the same name as Jim Brandon," the author of
      the 1978 book Weird America. And it was Jim Brandon who
      first noticed that tornadoes always seem to zero in on
      trailer parks.
      "Jim Brandon's name game and lexilinks to tornadoes
      and trailer parks," Loren added, "The cosmic joker strikes
      Another store was destroyed in McComb, Miss.
      (population 13,337), on Interstate Highway I-55 about 65
      miles (108 kilometers) south of Jackson.
      "Splintered pine trees, pink insulation and snapped
      power lines littered streets. Fallen trees smashed
      several vehicles."
      "'We've got trees in our yard that don't belong to
      us,' said Sandra Cook, whose home in the community of
      Monterey was destroyed."
      According to Lea Stokes, "sixteen counties in
      Mississippi reported storm damage. She said 29 houses,
      eight mobile homes and two businesses were destroyed, and
      dozens more were damaged."
      "In Smith County, wind tore the roof off Mize High
      School. School officials moved the 650 students onto the
      first floor of the two-story school before the wind hit.
      No one was injured, said county schools Superintendent
      Warren Woodrow."
      Mississippi "Gov. Haley Barbour declared a state of
      emergency in storm-damaged areas." (See USA Today for
      April 7, 2005, "Storms, tornadoes rock the South," page
      3A; the New Orleans Times-Picayune for April 8, 2005,
      "Folks return to damaged homes in Mississippi;" and the
      Jackson, Miss. Clarion-Ledger for April 8, 2005, "Twister
      cleanup under way," and for April 9, 2005, "Families
      rebuild lives wrecked by tornadoes." Many thanks to Loren
      Coleman for these newspaper articles.)


      "It sounds like a crazy story. But it isn't a croc."
      "No, the monster tale circulating around town
      (Rehoboth, Mass.) has to do with another type of large
      reptile--a 3-foot (0.9-meter) alligator that approached a
      10-year-old boy near a pond in southern Rehoboth and was
      literally clubbed to death."
      "The alligator wriggled its way into local wildlife
      lore (Saturday) March 26 (2005), when the police responded
      to an emergency call at 144 Pleasant Street and found the
      creature dead on the front lawn."
      "The boy who lives at the home told Officer Brian J.
      Thibodeau that he was in his backyard when the alligator
      emerged from a nearby pond and started to attack him."
      "According to Thibodeau's police report, the boy said
      the alligator scared him, so he hit it with a golf club.
      The boy told the police he had spotted another alligator
      in the pond."
      "When Jane Foster, the town animal control officer,
      got the call to head to Pleasant Street, she wasn't told
      what the problem was. It wasn't until she was driving to
      the address that she heard a dispatcher say that the
      situation involved alligators."
      "'I don't usually handle alligators,' she said."
      "Foster said she conducted a thorough search of the
      pond and the area around it, but didn't see any sign of a
      second alligator. She collected the body of the first one
      and later turned it over to the state Environmental
      "'If there was a second alligator, I think it's
      gone,' Foster said, 'I think it's dead. They can't
      survive in this weather. They're warm-weather animals,
      and our water doesn't get warm until much later in the
      "Thus far, the police have yet to figure out exactly
      where the alligator came from. 'We have no idea,' Foster
      "The current theory is that the alligator was being
      kept by someone as a pet, and, when it became too big to
      manage, it was dumped into the pond."
      "'Somebody could have been driving by and just dumped
      him,' Foster said."
      "Robert Arini, a Fish and Wildlife Management
      specialist for the state, said it's illegal to import
      alligators or keep them as pets in Massachusetts."
      "Town officials have been making it their task to
      stress that what happened March 26 is an isolated incident
      and that town residents shouldn't begin worrying about
      alligators crawling out of local ponds."
      That task became a lot harder on Saturday afternoon,
      April 9, 2005 when officers of the Massachusetts
      Department of Environmental Services removed three
      alligators from Bad Luck Pond, located between County
      Street and Hornbine Road in South Rehoboth.
      UFO Roundup correspondent Mary Lou Jones-Drown, who
      lives in Rehoboth, reported, "I received a call late that
      afternoon from a family on Hornbine Road. They sent their
      14-year-old son, Peter, on an errand at 3 p.m. and, as he
      was riding his bike towards the pond, he saw three or four
      police cars there. He stopped and the DES officer told
      him, 'You can't stay here. There's another report of an
      "Peter watched the environmental officers bring out
      three more alligators. They were about 4 to 5 feet (1.3
      to 1.5 meters) long. Nobody could figure out what they
      were doing in Bad Luck Pond. The water's freezing. It's
      only 45 degrees (Fahrenheit), too cold for a reptile."
      "When an hour passed, and no word from Peter, his
      older brother, John D., 23, got in his car and went
      looking for him. John got to the pond just as they were
      taking out the third alligator. The DES people put it in
      the back of a pickup truck. John said he wished he had
      his camera because nobody would ever believe him."
      Mary Lou agrees that the name "Bad Luck Pond" is
      unusual and said it dates back to early colonial times,
      the Seventeenth Century. "I'm not certain how the pond
      got that name," she added.
      Fortean phenomena are no strangers to Rehoboth, which
      forms the southwest corner of Massachusetts' notorious
      "Bridgewater Triangle." In January 1910, a family on a
      sleigh ride saw a silver disc hovering at night over the
      intersection of Routes 44 and 118 in Rehoboth.
      In 1968, "five people saw a strange ball of light
      floating among some trees" on Perryville Road.
      In 1972, Rehoboth police investigated numerous
      sightings of "an African lion" near the Beckwith School.
      Large feline footprints were found, but the beast itself
      was never captured.
      "Rehoboth is also known as 'the Ghost Capital of the
      Commonwealth,'" UFO Roundup editor Joseph Trainor added,
      "There are more ghosts in Rehoboth than there are witches
      in Salem...or UFOs in Fitchburg." (See the Providence,
      R.I. Journal for April 6, 2005, "Gator incident a new one
      for town officer," pages C1 and C3. Many thanks to Mary
      Lou Jones-Drown for the newspaper article and the
      telephone interviews.)


      "A healing program at Red Lake High School in
      northern Minnesota was postponed and Monday's planned
      start of classes was in doubt after the FBI announced it
      was searching for a gun at the school."
      "'We have uncorroborated intelligence about the
      possibility of a gun on the premises,' FBI spokesman Paul
      McCabe said Thursday," April 7, 2005.
      "Five students, a teacher and a security guard were
      killed in an attack (Monday) March 21 (2005) by student
      Jeff Weise, 16, who then killed himself, the FBI says."
      Weise's fellow student and cousin, "Louis Jourdain,
      16, has been arrested as a possible accomplice." Jourdain
      was arraigned in federal court in Duluth, Minn.
      (population 86,918) on Monday, March 28, and then again on
      Tuesday, March 29, 2005.
      "As law officers on Thursday searched the school for
      a weapon, educators announced that classes will start
      Tuesday," April 12, 2005, "instead of Monday."
      "Authorities with the high school on the Red Lake
      Indian Reservation took the steps Thursday morning after
      the FBI told them of a 'continuing threat.' During the
      day, the FBI, tribal police and officers with the U.S.
      Bureau of Indian Affairs (BIA) searched the building; it
      could not immediately be determined if anything had been
      "After learning that a gun may have been secreted into
      the school about the time of the shootings, authorities on
      Thursday postponed Monday's scheduled resumption of
      classes and launched an exhaustive search of the
      "No weapon was found, said Pat Mills, public safety
      director for the Red Lake Band of Chippewa (true name:
      Anishinabe--J.T.). Mills said about 30 officers searched
      air ducts, lockers, crawl spaces, nooks and crannies."
      "However, Tom Heffelfinger, the U.S. Attorney for
      Minneapolis, said a search for the gun 'is still going
      on.' He declined to elaborate."
      "Mills compared the report of a gun on the school
      premises to bomb scares that have been known to close
      public buildings. He said officials are required to take
      such tips seriously, particularly in the light of the
      horrors of March 21."
      Jean Whitefeather, "who is principal of Red Lake's
      elementary school, said the part of the high school where
      the shootings occurred will be opened for a private
      healing ceremony and re-entry Monday. Classes will begin,
      on a half-day basis, Tuesday."
      "All of the reservation's public schools and its St.
      Mary's Mission elementary school will have armed officers
      on the premises when students return, Mills said."
      It is still unclear how many Red Lake students were
      members of the group Jeff Weise called "the Darkers," and
      how many of them may have had foreknowledge of the attack.
      "The top federal prosecutor in Minnesota says a Red
      Lake tribal police officer's claim that as many as 20
      students may have known about Jeff Weise's plan to go on a
      killing spree at the reservation's high school was
      'opinion,' and he refused to endorse it."
      "U.S. Attorney Tom Heffelfinger in Minneapolis
      pointed out that the comment, made during a school board
      meeting" Friday, April 1, 2005, "came from a policeman
      whose department is not conducting the investigation into
      the March 21 shootings."
      "'Our investigation into this matter is being
      conducted by the FBI and the BIA and although tribal
      police are consulted, the tribal police are not running
      the investigation or determining the strategy,'
      Heffelfinger said Tuesday," April 5, 2005, "'I respect
      opinions, but this investigation is being handled by
      federal authorities.'"
      "Asked directly how many students may have had
      foreknowledge of Weise's plans, Heffelfinger declined to
      comment, saying the investigation is ongoing."
      "As reports emerged that up to 20 students may have
      known about the plot," Red Lake High student Kevin
      Johnson, 18, told the National Enquirer: 'Jeff planned
      everything down to the last detail--he even made a sketch
      of the school and marked with Xs the rooms he wanted to
      hit most and wrote down a minute-by-minute schedule. He
      had specific targets, and a specific plan.'"
      "'According to his plans, he was going to steal some
      weapons from his grandfather,'" Sgt. Daryl "Dash" Lussier,
      58, of the Red Lake police, who is believed to have been
      the first victim shot, "'and hand them out to his
      accomplices. He was going to get the guns and stash them
      and wait a few days.'"
      "'He wrote that he was going to wait in the woods
      near his grandfather's home and wait for his grandfather
      to leave, then go inside and get the guns.'"
      "'According to Jeff's detailed plans, the first
      target was supposed to be the principal's office, where he
      intended to kill everyone inside. The second target was
      the In-School Suspension room or ISS. Jeff had been
      suspended for making threats and caused plenty of other
      trouble in school and had spent a lot of time in there,
      and hitting it was probably revenge. He was going to kill
      whoever was in there.'"
      "'Then, according to his plan, he was going to move
      down the halls to what he called the A-plus room, where
      students work on basic skills. Once again, he planned to
      shoot everyone inside.'"
      "'He also planned to shoot any students he
      encountered in the halls, especially those he considered
      'popular.' Then, he wrote, he was going to make his way
      to the school gymnasium, shooting all the while, and then
      kill himself in the gym.'"
      No further arrests have been made as of this moment.
      It is unknown if "Mac" and "Rose," two fellow Darkers Jeff
      Weise mentioned in an email, are still on the reservation
      or if they fled following the arrest of Louis Jourdain.
      (See USA Today for April 8, 2005, "FBI looks for gun at
      Red Lake High," page 5A; the Duluth, Minn. News-Tribune
      for April 7, 2005, "Federal prosecutor discounts
      widespread knowledge of plot," page 7A; for April 8, 2005,
      "Search for gun delays school's reopening," page 1A; and
      for April 9, 2005, "Search for gun come up empty at Red
      Lake," page 1A; and the National Enquirer for April 18,
      2005, "Killer wanted pals to help shoot more at school,"
      page 24.)
      (Editor's Comment: In the past couple of weeks, I've
      noticed that the incidence of paranormal phenomena in the
      USA has gone down sharply. On the other hand, it has been
      more than offset by the upsurge in school shootings.
      Below is the latest on the copycats.)


      "The father of a high school football player shot and
      wounded the team's coach" at Canton High School "Thursday,
      fled in a truck loaded with weapons, then tried to kill
      himself by slashing his wrists, authorities said."
      "Jeffrey Doyle Robertson, 45, went to Canton High
      School" in Canton, Texas (population 3,292) just after
      classes started and shot coach Gary Joe Kinne in the
      chest, apparently with a .45-caliber pistol, police said."
      "The coach, who is also the school's athletic
      director, was airlifted to a hospital in nearby Tyler
      (population 83,650), and a family spokesman said he was in
      critical condition."
      (Editor's Note: Tyler, Texas is a notorious UFO and
      paranormal hot spot.)
      "Robertson's pickup (a 1994 black Dodge pickup truck-
      -J.T.) was found about two hours later, abandoned on a
      rural road next to a golf course a few miles outside of
      town. Officers found him in the woods with cuts to his
      wrists, said Tom Vinger, a spokesman with the (Texas)
      Department of Public Safety."
      "Television footage showed Robertson being carried to
      an ambulance on a stretcher."
      "Police were investigating a possible motive. On
      Wednesday (April 6, 2005), Robertson's son, Baron, had
      apparently been banned from playing all school athletics,
      said Steve Smith Jr., a senior who was a defensive end and
      a kicker on the team."
      "The father had been banned from the school's campus
      and told not to attend school functions after several
      confrontations with coaches over the past year, Canton
      Police Chief Mike Echols said."
      "Some parents had been upset that Kinne had made his
      son the starting quarterback as a freshman, said parent
      Steve Smith Sr., who described Robertson as 'a very high-
      strung, hot-tempered individual.'"
      "Smith said Robertson threatened his son last year--
      grabbing his shirt and pushing him up against a fence--
      over an on-field teasing. He said Baron Robertson, then a
      freshman, was walking off the field when some older
      students 'razzed' him."
      "'This guy blew up,' Smith said, 'He thought some
      kids were picking on his son. My son wasn't even the one
      who said anything. But he (Robertson allegedly)
      threatened to kill him.'"
      "Smith said he complained to the school and police,
      but Robertson was never charged. Canton school district
      superintendent Larry Davis declined to comment on Smith's
      accusations or complaints from other parents. 'I have no
      personal knowledge of that,' he said."
      "Robertson had worked for six years for Dallas
      Plumbing Co., leaving in 2002 to start his own business
      with another man. Dallas Plumbing President John Downs
      described Robertson as a good employee and a devoted
      father who enjoyed taking his son hunting and fishing."
      "The last time Downs saw Robertson was about six
      months ago, when Robertson had a broken leg, bruises and
      abrasions from a road-rage-related fight on the side of a
      highway, he said."
      "'The last conversation that I had with him was that
      he really needed to learn how to control his temper or he
      was going to get hurt worse than that,' Downs said."
      "A balding man with a goatee, Robertson had a tattoo
      on his arm of cartoon character Yosemite Sam brandishing
      two guns and the words 'Born to Raise Hell.'"
      "The Texas Homeland Security Office had alerted state
      officials about the possibility that Robertson had a hit
      list, but Chief Echols said officers did not find one."
      Canton is on Texas Highway 18 and Interstate Highway
      I-20 about 60 miles (100 kilometers) east of Dallas. (See
      USA Today for April 8, 2005, "Coach is shot at Texas High
      School," page 5A and the Duluth, Minn. News-Tribune for
      April 8, 2005, "Police: Father shoots Texas coach," page


      "A man wearing a bulletproof vest killed two people
      and wounded four others Thursday," April 7, 2005, "during
      a shooting rampage in Maryland and Delaware before police
      arrested him, authorities said."
      As soon as the first three shootings were reported,
      schools on the Eastern Shore of Maryland "were forced to
      go into a lockdown mode."
      "Maryland State Police told WBAL-TV in Baltimore that
      some of the shootings happened in Salisbury (population
      23,743) shortly after 9 a.m. Officials said there were
      three shooting sites--Miami Avenue, Booth Street and
      Chippewa Boulevard."
      "Here we go with the lexilinks again," UFO Roundup
      editor Joseph Trainor commented. "Booth refers, of
      course, to John Wilkes Booth, the assassin of President
      Abraham Lincoln in April of 1865. Interestingly, Booth
      operated in that area of Maryland during his career as a
      spy for both the Union and the Confederacy during the
      American Civil War. And we've just seen the word Chippewa
      in the context of the recent school shootings in northern
      Minnesota. The reservation is owned by the Red Lake Band
      of Chippewa."
      "Wicomico County Sheriff Hunter Nelms said 'several'
      victims had been taken to Peninsula Regional Medical
      Center in Salisbury, Md. He said some of the victims are
      in serious condition. A spokesman at Peninsula Regional
      told WBAL Radio that three patients had been brought to
      the Emergency Room with gunshot wounds. He said two were
      'in bad shape' and the third has a superficial wound."
      "There were also reports of gunfire in Delmar,
      Delaware (population 1,407)," a small town on Highway 675
      about six miles (10 kilometers) north of Salisbury. No
      one was wounded, but the car used in the shooting was
      similar to the one scene in Salisbury."
      "Wicomico County school administrators said all 25
      schools in the area--which hold about 14,000 students--had
      been locked down."
      "Delaware State Police assisted police in Laurel,
      Delaware (population 3,668)," a town on Route 13 about 8
      miles (12 kilometers) north of Delmar, "at the scene of
      the multiple shootings at the Discount Land shopping
      center," at the intersection of Route 13 and Discount Land
      Road, "as well as the Carvel Gardens apartment complex on
      Daniel Street."
      "Laurel town manager Glen Steckman, who is also
      serving as spokesman for the Laurel police, confirmed that
      one person died at the Carvel Gardens location. At least
      one person was injured at Discount Land."
      "All three towns--Salisbury, Md., Delmar and Laurel,
      Del.--are on Route 13."
      "Delaware State Police Corporal Jeff Oldham said
      authorities had determined a motive for the attacks but
      were not releasing details. Police said the suspect,
      Allison Norman, 22, did not know any of the victims."
      "Police said the suspect also carjacked a vehicle."
      "Norman was charged with first-degree murder and
      handgun violations, officials said. He failed Wednesday,"
      April 6, 2005, "to appear in court for a motions hearing
      on four earlier firearms charges. Clerk of Courts Mark
      Bowen said the court issued a $10,000 bench warrant for
      Norman." (See the Baltimore Sun for April 8, 2005, "Two
      die in shooting spree." Many thanks to Thomas Bates for
      the newspaper article.)


      "Elena Torres doesn't know who the Minutemen are but
      she watched them as she crouched on the desert floor
      Saturday night," April 2, 2005. "She's a 41-year-old
      mother of three who has crossed the desert six times in
      the past decade to get a job cleaning houses in a wealthy
      suburb of Cleveland."
      "She waited all night for a word from her pollero
      (guide--J.T.) to get up and run across the border."
      "Meanwhile, less than half a mile from where she hid,
      around 50 of the Minutemen--volunteers with a civilian
      border patrol--planted flags in the ground from their
      homes states of California, Texas and New York and kicked
      off the first patrols of their month-long effort to search
      a corner of the Arizona border" with Mexico.
      "All weekend, the Minutemen, many of whom are retired
      servicemen, slathered on sunscreen, stood on top of SUVs
      and peered through binoculars on the lookout for people
      like Torres. Mostly they saw Mexican police watching for
      drug smugglers, young kids cleaning up plastic bottles and
      trash, and the bright orange tunics of Grupo Beta, a
      migrant aid group run by the Mexican government, kicking
      up dust and looking for migrants."
      "Grupo Beta found Torres huddled with 10 others
      yesterday morning (Sunday, April 3, 2005), persuaded them
      to turn back and took them to Grupo Beta headquarters for
      some hot soup. Most of the time, Grupo Beta focuses on
      helping migrants in distress. By the time migrants get to
      the U.S. border, about 15 miles (25 kilometers) east of
      Douglas, Arizona (population 14,312), they've walked for 3
      or 4 miles (5 or 7 kilometers) and can clearly be in
      danger of dehydration."
      "'We don't know the intentions of these Minutemen,'
      said Bertha de la Rosa, the local Grupo Beta coordinator.
      'But we know they are armed. And our job is to protect
      "'I don't think Americans are truly aware of the
      problem,' said 46-year-old John Lehmann, a Minuteman and
      corrections officer from Fleischmann, N.Y. 'I mean, all
      you have to do is see this fence,' he said and pointed to
      a thin string of barbed wire, all that seperates Mexico--
      and potential terrorists, he adds, from the United
      "The Border Patrol has officially disavowed the
      (Minuteman) project and says it merely complicates regular
      operations and endangers agents, migrants and volunteers.
      But there appears to be some support from (Border Patrol)
      agents on the ground. As Lehmann peers through his
      binoculars, a Border Patrol agent in a vehicle slows down.
      'God bless you, man!' he shouts at Lehmann and gives him a
      thumbs-up" sign.
      On their first day of operations, Saturday, April 2,
      2005, the Minutemen "spotted illegal immigrants and
      called the Border Patrol. Eighteen suspects were
      detained, said Andy Adame, a Border Patrol spokesman."
      "Also Saturday, about 150 people, some project
      volunteers, demonstrated in Douglas and Naco (population
      833). They chanted, 'Hey, hey, ho, ho, illegal aliens got
      to go,' and sang God Bless America while passing the
      Border Patrol stations."
      During the first few days, "the Minuteman Project
      aided the Border Patrol in the apprehension of 141 illegal
      aliens along the Arizona border and deterred many more
      from attempting to cross from Mexico."
      "Albuquerque (New Mexico) City Councillor David
      Pfeffer said he wants to bring the Minuteman Project to
      his state. Pfeffer said he wants to be personally
      involved in the volunteer effort to patrol the border for
      illegal immigrants and smugglers."
      "'I would be willing to get involved in an effort
      along New Mexico's border,' Pfeffer said."
      "Pfeffer said he attended a gathering Friday," April
      1, 2005, "of Minutemen volunteers in Tombstone (population
      1,504) and that the meeting helped persuade him to support
      the effort. 'What I understood from the message was that
      we have a serious problem at the border,' Pfeffer said."
      "Pfeffer said he would 'absolutely' be willing to get
      involved in a New Mexico citizen border guard project. As
      for carrying a weapon, Pfeffer said he 'wouldn't go there
      unarmed. There is a Mexican drug cartel that has
      threatened people's lives because of this. The smugglers
      that come across the border will shoot at you. So, no, I
      don't think it's unreasonable to think that some people
      around here arm themselves.'"
      "Pfeffer said some residents of Santa Fe, N.M. were
      also present in Tombstone for the purpose of learning from
      their experience."
      "Meanwhile, in Tombstone, Chris Simcox," a local
      newspaper publisher and the project's organizer, "said the
      effort has exceeded expectations so far. 'I'm just
      ecstatic with how successful it's been,' Simcox said, 'We
      want to continue until the government cares. Our
      president and Congress have continued to ignore this
      issue; the most serious threat to national security is the
      "'Our aim is to send a message to Mr. Bush and to
      Congress that they have not listened to the demands of
      citizens,' said Simcox, 'We are showing what homeland
      security should look like. There should be a National
      Guardsman every 2,000 yards (meters) from the Pacific to
      the Gulf of Mexico. You can't find a greater threat to
      the U.S. than right here.'" (See USA Today for April 4,
      2005, "'Minutemen' begin border patrol today," page 10A;
      the Tucson, Ariz. Citizen for April 4, 2005, "Migrants
      keep eye on Minutemen;" and WorldNet Daily for April 6,
      2005, "Minutemen captured 141 illegals so far." (Many
      thanks to Jim Danvers, Corley Gordon and Brad Street for
      these newspaper articles.)
      (Editor's Comment: American newspaper wire services
      stopped coverage of the Minuteman effort in Arizona on
      Tuesday, April 5, 2005. The only places you'll find news
      stories are in the Tucson Citizen and WorldNet Daily.
      Somebody in New York City must have gotten a stern note
      from Ariel Sharon.)

      From the UFO Files...

      1945: FDR...D.O.A.?

      Tuesday, April 12, marks the 60th anniversary of the
      death of what some have called the greatest, and certainly
      most controversial, USA president of the Twentieth
      Century--Franklin Delano Roosevelt (1882-1945).
      FDR's death at "the Little White House" in Warm
      Springs, Georgia on Thursday, April 12, 1945 took the
      world by surprise. The original news reports were very
      sparse, claiming that the president had died "suddenly"
      and Vice President Harry S. Truman had taken the Oath of
      Office, and that he had "died in bed" with First Lady
      Eleanor Roosevelt at his side.
      In the six decades that followed, that story
      underwent some serious revisions. First it was revealed
      that old Eleanor had been nowhere near Georgia. Next that
      FDR had been sitting upright, having his portrait painted,
      when he was stricken by a cerebral hemorrhage. Finally,
      in the late 1970s, it was revealed that the president had
      been staying at Warm Springs with his long-time paramour,
      Mrs.Lucy Mercer Rutherford.
      So, exactly what did happen to the USA's thirty-
      second president?
      It's not that easy to tell. For one thing, FDR's
      medical chart vanished from Warm Springs right after the
      funeral train left for Washington, D.C. As with the
      assassination of John F. Kennedy 18 years later, there was
      no autopsy performed at the scene.
      There is no question that, from late 1942 on,
      Roosevelt was in declining health. But for the quick
      intervention of his son James, FDR nearly died of a heart
      attack aboard the presidential train in 1943.
      About a year later, in July 1944, Dr. Howard Bruenn,
      a cardiologist with Columbia Presbyterian Hospital in New
      York City, joined the president's entourage. Dr. Bruenn
      examined the president three times a week at the Bethesda
      Naval Hospital in Maryland.
      Dr. Bruenn "concluded that he (FDR) was 'in cardiac
      failure,' with a 'grossly enlarged' heart and 'tortuous'
      aorta. 'Appalled at what I found,' Dr. Bruenn said in
      1992 that if he had ever been asked, he would have advised
      that a fourth term for Roosevelt was 'impossible
      "Modern antihypertensive drugs could have relieved
      the burden on Roosevelt's arteries, but those did not
      exist in 1944. As Dr. Bruenn recalled, there was little
      he could do but 'protect him from stress, keep down his
      excitement, insist on him having rest after lunch,'
      cutting back his smoking to six cigarettes a day and
      reducing his weight. After 'obstinately' obeying a rigid
      diet, Roosevelt lost more than 20 pounds, which left him
      looking gaunt and hollow-cheeked."
      Shielded from the public by a friendly media, and
      running as the candidate of two parties, the Democratic
      Party and the Communist Party USA, Roosevelt managed to
      recapture the White House in November 1944, despite GOP
      candidate Thomas E. Dewey's talk about "tired old men" in
      the president's chair.
      Like his arch-enemy Adolf Hitler, FDR was rarely seen
      by the public. He cancelled the traditional Inaugural
      Ball set for January 20, 1945 and gave the shortest radio
      speech of his career. At the Yalta conference, he "didn't
      know if he was on foot or on horseback" and newsreels of
      that event clearly show the president's declining health.
      "On March 24, (1945) the Roosevelts traveled to their
      home at Hyde Park (in New York state--J.T.) for a long
      weekend. There the tranquility of spring's arrival" in
      the state's Hudson River Valley "was soon disrupted by
      troubling news about Poland. (UK prime minister Winston
      D.) Churchill feared (Soviet Union premier Joseph V.)
      Stalin was building the framework for a communist state in
      violation of the agreement struck at Yalta" in February
      "Upon his return to Washington on March 29 (1945), a
      haggard-looking Roosevelt declared his need for more rest,
      and he made plans to immediately go south to Warm
      "He left by train the next day (Friday, March 30,
      1945) with his stamp collection, books and papers packed.
      A crowd awaited him when he arrived at the station in Warm
      Springs--the day before the U.S. invasion of Okinawa
      started--and some were surprised to see that the president
      could not assist the Secret Service men who moved him into
      an automobile."
      (Editor's Note: March 30, 1945 was Good Friday. Nearly
      eighty years earlier, on another Good Friday, April 14,
      1865, John Wilkes Booth had shot President Abraham Lincoln
      at Ford's Theatre in Washington D.C.)
      The people of Warm Springs looked on in puzzlement.
      FDR "was dead weight in their arms, and the crowd breathed
      audible apprehension as FDR's head seemed to dangle
      peculiarly. The car conveyed him to the Little White
      House, a small, antebellum style home that FDR used during
      his visits."
      "Newspapers reported that Roosevelt had several
      guests staying with him: his cousins, Laura Delano and
      Margaret Suckley, as well as his secretary, Grace Tully.
      The papers did not, however, report the presence of
      another guest, Lucy Mercer Rutherford, who had been
      Eleanor's assistant and Franklin's lover decades earlier
      (in 1918--J.T.)...Mrs. Rutherford's visit was unknown to
      So the question is: was Roosevelt already dead when
      he was taken off the train?
      There were only a handful of people who would have
      known the truth--the president's Secret Service detail,
      Laura Delano, Margaret Suckley, Grace Tully, Lucy Mercer
      Rutherford and Elizabeth Shoumatoff, a Russian artist and
      friend of Mrs. Rutherford's who had been commissioned to
      paint FDR's portrait. The president's true condition
      could have been kept secret at the isolated rural locale
      of the Little White House.
      Prior to the train's departure from Washington,
      William Hassett wrote in his diary, "He (FDR) is losing
      weight...told me he has lost 25 pounds...no strength...no
      appetite...tires so easily." And he told Dr. Bruenn, "He
      is slipping away from us, and no earthly powers can keep
      him here."
      Okay...so if Roosevelt died on the train March 30,
      1945, who was the president during the intervening two
      weeks before Harry Truman took the oath?
      Somebody in Warm Springs was responding to letters
      from Gen. George C. Marshall, Prime Minister Churchill and
      Secretary of State Edward R. Stettinus on official White
      House stationery.
      Only one Cabinet official visited FDR in Warm Springs
      in April 1945. This was Henry Morgenthau Jr., the
      Secretary of the Treasury, a fellow New Yorker and the
      second Jew to serve in the Cabinet.
      (Editor's Note: The first was Oscar Strauss, the
      Secretary of Commerce appointed by President Theodore
      Roosevelt, who was FDR's older second cousin.)
      Both Morgenthau and Roosevelt were lifelong Democrats
      with roots in New York state politics, ardent Zionists and
      also shared a keen interest in Freemasonry.
      In his new book, The Secret Symbols of the Dollar
      Bill, author David Ovason writes, "Franklin D. Roosevelt
      became a Master Mason in November 1911 (Notice the 911 in
      that date?--J.T.), in Holland Lodge No. 8" of New York
      City, "the same lodge of which George Washington had been
      an honorary member, when inaugurated first (USA) president
      in 1789." Washington had been initiated into Freemasonry
      in Fredericksburg, Virginia in 1752 at age 20 and was
      raised to Master Mason at the lodge in Alexandria, Va. in
      "Henry Morgenthau Jr. was made a Mason in April 1922
      in the Obed Lodge No. 984, Poughkeepsie, New York."
      In 1935, during Roosevelt's first term, the president
      and his pal, "Henry the Morgue," completely redesigned the
      USA one-dollar bill, cramming it full of esoteric Masonic
      Take, for example, the phrase E pluribus unum. It's
      a bastardized form of Latin that would have John Charity
      Spring twirling in his grave. The proper phrase is Ex
      pluribus unum, meaning Out of the many, one. What
      happened? Did FDR and Henry spell it wrong? Not at all.
      It's just that Ex pluribus unum has 14 letters, and, for
      some arcane purpose known only to Masonry, there has to be
      13 letters. So they dropped the X.
      In his book, The Conquerors, Michael Beschloss
      offered the latest spin on Roosevelt's death, writing, "In
      Warm Springs that morning (April 12, 1945), Roosevelt had
      awoken with a headache and stiff neck which Dr. Bruenn
      rubbed. By noon, dressed in a double-breasted grey suit
      and crimson tie, he began studying papers. Margaret
      Suckley and Lucy Rutherford sat on a nearby sofa."
      "Dipping into her water colors, Shoumatoff said, 'Mr.
      President, you look so much better today than yesterday.'
      She found that his 'gray (ashen) look' had disappeared and
      that he had 'exceptionally good color.'"
      In a note, Beschloss added, "Doctors later explained
      that Roosevelt's flushness was a warning sign of his
      onrushing cerebral hemorrhage."
      "Roosevelt had told her that the war against Germany
      might end 'at any time.' While she painted, he pulled his
      draft card from his wallet and threw it into his
      "Suddenly, the President's head pitched forward.
      Margaret Suckley asked, 'Have you dropped your cigarette?'
      He said, 'I have a terrific pain in the back of my head.'
      Someone cried, 'Call the doctor--quick!' As Roosevelt was
      carried to bed, he murmured, 'Be careful.'"
      A few things that are troublesome with this story...
      (1) Dr. Bruenn rubbed FDR's neck an hour or two
      earlier. Surely he had seen the flushed face. Why didn't
      he react? Remember, he's been checking FDR's blood
      pressure daily since July 1944. If he saw a cardiac
      patient who had been ashed-faced for weeks suddenly start
      blushing like a schoolboy, wouldn't he at least do a quick
      check of his patient's blood pressure?
      (2) Mrs. Suckley comments on how FDR deftly removed
      the draft card from his wallet and tossed it in the
      wastebasket. Yet "Henry Morgenthau," during his visits,
      "noticed with dismay that FDR's hands trembled and his
      memory of names seemed faulty."
      (3) FDR supposedly said, "I have a terrific pain in
      the back of my head." But the cerebellum is in the lower
      center of the brain. He had supposedly been complaining
      of a headache earlier. Why didn't Dr. Bruenn identify the
      ailment as a vascular headache caused by a sudden
      demonstrable rise in blood pressure?
      (4) How can FDR have died of a cerebral hemorrhage
      when, by his own supposed statement, the pain was in the
      region of the medulla oblongata?
      (5) Finally, where is the president's medical chart?
      Who took it? And why?
      Sixty years later, it's hard to describe the outright
      shock that swept the world at the time of the president's
      death. "Informed of Roosevelt's death, Stalin appeared
      stunned. A devastated Churchill could not at first muster
      a response to the news. Even Japanese radio offered
      praise for the fallen leader."
      FDR's enemies in the USA were deeply suspicious.
      Gerald L.K. Smith, leader of the rightwing Committee of
      One Million, wrote at the time, "Until Eleanor Roosevelt
      explains to the world why the casket, containing the
      remains of Franklin D. Roosevelt, was not opened to be
      viewed by the public, the death of her husband will remain
      an unsolved mystery...Every prominent figure who has
      passed away in modern times has left behind him a
      responsible group of friends and relatives who have
      insisted that his body 'lie in state' to be viewed by the
      public prior to burial. This custom was not only violated
      by the Roosevelt family and the White House palace guard
      as pertains to the public, but even in the case of the
      eldest son, Jimmy, who barely arrived in time to see the
      casket lowered into the ground at Hyde Park...Lifetime
      political henchmen of the ambitious four-term President
      were mystified, dumbfounded, chagrined, even openly
      embarrassed over the way the matter was handled."
      So Eleanor Roosevelt would not even open her
      husband's casket so that son James could have a final
      glimpse of his father. That's strange behavior--even for
      Eleanor. What was she trying to hide?
      Did Franklin D. Roosevelt die of cardiac arrest
      aboard the train that was carrying him to Warm Springs?
      Was the president's body tucked away in the bathtub
      and packed in ice while his good friend, Secretary
      Morgenthau, ran the country for a couple of weeks?
      That's not such a far-out supposition. Until the
      year 2000, and the publication of the book Edith and
      Woodrow, nobody realized that President Woodrow Wilson was
      practically a vegetable following his major debilitating
      stroke in 1919. While the president was bedridden in the
      White House, the USA was run by First Lady Edith Galt
      Wilson and the president's secretary, Joseph Tumulty.
      Of course, that doesn't tell us who put an end to the
      two-week "Morgenthau Administration" and gave the White
      House to Harry S.Truman, who was both a 33rd-degree Mason
      and the thirty-third president of the USA.
      Chalk it all up to yet another unsolved mystery of
      the Twentieth Century. (See the books The Conquerors by
      Michael Beschloss, Simon & Schuster, New York, N.Y., 2002,
      pages 82, 83, 84, 189, 190, 209, 214, 215 and 216; The
      Secret Symbols of the Dollar Bill by David Ovason,
      HarperCollins Publishers, New York, N.Y. page 156; Blood
      in the Face by James Ridgeway, Thunder's Mouth Press, New
      York, N.Y., 1995, page 69; and The History Channel
      Magazine for April 2005, "FDR: The Final Days," pages 43
      through 45.)

      Well, that's it for this week. Join us in seven days
      for more UFO, Fortean and paranormal news from around the
      planet Earth, brought to you by "the paper that goes home-
      -UFO Roundup." See you next time.

      UFO ROUNDUP: Copyright 2005 by Masinaigan Productions, all
      rights reserved. Readers may post news items from UFO
      Roundup on their Web sites or in news groups provided that
      they credit the newsletter and its editor by name and list
      the date of issue in which the item first appeared.

      E-Mail Reports to: Joseph Trainor <Masinaigan@...>
      or use the Sighting Report Form at:


      Website comments: John Hayes <webmaster@...>

      UFOINFO: http://www.ufoinfo.com

      Official Archives for UFO Roundup, AUFORN Australian
      UFO Reports and Experiences, UFO + PSI Magazine
      plus archives of Humanoid Sighting Reports (Albert
      Rosales), Filer's Files, Oz Files, UFO News UK.
      UFO Roundup is only sent to subscribers.
      If you wish to unsubscribe or feel you have received
      the bulletin in error, please write to:


      With the subject: Unsubscribe UFO Roundup.
    Your message has been successfully submitted and would be delivered to recipients shortly.