Loading ...
Sorry, an error occurred while loading the content.

UFO ROUNDUP, Volume 10 Number 14

Expand Messages
  • John Hayes
    Posted on behalf of Joseph Trainor. ========================== UFO ROUNDUP Volume 10, Number 14 April 6, 2005 Editor: Joseph Trainor
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 5, 2005
      Posted on behalf of Joseph Trainor.


      Volume 10, Number 14
      April 6, 2005
      Editor: Joseph Trainor

      E-mail: Masinaigan@...
      Website: http://www.ufoinfo.com/roundup/


      "Tradesman Vanderlei Rodrigues dos Santos, 42, was
      the victim of an abduction in Santa Maria," a large city
      in Brazil's southernmost state of Rio Grande do Sul.
      "On (Wednesday) March 30, 2005, the witness, who was
      driving to Pascoa to visit his family, complained to
      police that he was taken by some extraterrestrials. He
      was captured right after 9:30 p.m."
      "The abduction took place on (highway) BR-158" in
      central Rio Grande do Sul state, "near Vila Bilibio, where
      Vanderlei's family lives. In need of gasoline, he stopped
      at a service station. When he left his car, Vanderlei was
      siezed by the aliens."
      "He said that he first noticed 'a strange kind of
      ship' hovering high above the BR-158. It then drew closer
      and landed in an adjacent field."
      "'In this moment, I thought I was going to die,'
      Rodrigues dos Santos said, 'I thought of my wife, my sons
      and my family. This is definitely the truth I'm telling
      "Vanderlei is not certain how long he was held aboard
      the ship. He said he completely lost track of time. He
      said he was taken to a laboratory aboard the ship, where
      three aliens extracted skin, hair and blood samples from
      "'They were three little humanoids,' he said, 'All
      had big skulls and small, spindly torsos. I wanted
      nothing to do with them, but they brought me along into
      the ship. When I clearly saw the eyes of one (alien),
      they were as dark and as blank as the eyes of a newborn.'"
      "Vanderlei said it was 'about 6 a.m.'" on Thursday,
      March 31, 2005, "when the extraterrestrials put him off
      the ship. He found himself back on Earth but at a service
      station on the Avenida Presidente Vargas in Santa Maria,
      dozens of kilometers from the location where he had left
      his car. He used the service station's telephone to call
      the police and report the abduction."
      Santa Maria, R.S. is located 250 kilometers (150
      miles) west of Porto Alegre, the state capital. (See the
      Brazilian newspaper O Diario da Santa Maria for March 31,
      2005. Muito obrigado a Eustaquio Andrea Patounas e
      Brunilda Barros por eso caso.)


      A large UFO was seen flying over the town of
      Valemount in eastern British Columbia, Canada on Tuesday,
      March 22, 2005 at around 11:45 p.m.
      "During the Council meeting on Tuesday night,
      councillor John Nordli reported seeing a large aircraft
      flying low over Valemount at around 11:45 p.m."
      "On Friday," March 25, 2005, "the Robeson Valley
      Times received a phone call from an anonymous source
      corroborating the same."
      "The source said that the large grey airplane passed
      silently overhead about 10 feet (3 meters) above the
      treeline, heading northwest towards the Valemount Hotel.
      Our tipster reported turning off his car ignition and
      rolling down the window to try and hear the sound of an
      engine, but heard nothing."
      "Curiously, an 'earwitness' in a shop in Valemount
      reported hearing but not seeing the plane pass overhead."
      "Shortly after Nordli's sighting in Valemount,
      another plane, or possible the same one, was spotted at
      McBride, B.C.," 55 miles (88 kilometers) northwest of
      "At 12:10 a.m.," on Wednesday, March 23, 2005, "Jim
      Bartlett noticed a large dark grey or black plane pass
      through the valley heading west at about 1,500 feet (450
      meters). Bartlett had his binoculars handy and studied
      the plane for some time as it passed by but could see no
      markings. He guessed it to be a military plane for its
      dark exterior and because the back door was outlined in
      "'As to what kind of plane it was, I have no idea,'
      he said, 'It is strange. It's not the typical kind of
      plane you see around here.'"
      "A quick check at the Kamloops B.C. Flight
      Information Centre turned up nothing definitive. However,
      there was a large military exercise involving aircraft
      scheduled in Kamloops last week."
      Valemount (population 1,309) is on Provincial Highway
      5, the Yellowhead South Highway just west of the
      Saskatchewan border, located about 175 miles (280
      kilometers) north of Kamloops, B.C. (See the Robeson
      Valley Times for March 30, 2005, "Unidentified aircraft
      passes through valley." Many thanks to Loren Coleman for
      this newspaper article.)


      On Thursday, March 24, 2005, at 6 p.m., the
      eyewitness said, "I was looking outside my window" near
      Route 6 in the Riverside section of East Providence, R.I.
      (population 48,688), looking east, to see the moon looking
      full and extremely bright, like a globe. There were two
      objects. They looked like bright stars. They were coming
      from the southeast near Cape Cod (Massachusetts),
      traveling north, heading towards Boston. I noticed them
      through the window and went outside to get a better view."
      "They were very high up like the stars. They didn't
      appear to be moving so fast that they disappeared. But
      they were so far away that they must have been really
      "About three or four minutes later, I went to find
      some binoculars. I figured I'd already seen them with the
      naked eye. If I had binoculars, I could really see them
      up close. Probably have more detail, maybe? Also, I
      would have noticed a high rate of speed. Anyway, when I
      returned back outside, I was not surprised that I couldn't
      find them any more--but a bit disheartened."
      "Although there was a moon, the sky was black. I
      don't think they were shooting stars because I've seen
      something like that before when I was putting up a
      convertible (canvas) top and looking at stars. Only these
      two moved across the sky like a pen across a sheet of
      paper. The mysterious thing was, in the middle (of their
      movement--J.T.) they made a > turn like that. So what it
      did was go straight and then made a small V-turn to the
      right. Then continued to go straight again to the north.
      I would estimate their altitude at between 10,000 to
      12,000 up to 30,000 feet (2,700 meters). Too high to be
      an airplane. Much too far away." (Email Form Report)


      On Thursday, March 24, 2005, at 11:40 p.m., Luis
      Torres was waiting on a sidewalk in North Charleston,
      South Carolina (population 79,641) when a strange object
      suddenly approached from the southeast.
      "While waiting for my ride home, I was looking up to
      the sky and noticed an object appear all of a sudden in
      the sky, rapidly moving in an arc of 8 degrees," Luis
      reported, "Then the object resumed a straight flight at
      approximately 2 degrees above the horizon, at which time
      it simply disappeared."
      "There was a waxing gibbous moon with Venus to the
      lower left of it. Not too many stars visible with some
      clouds moving really fast. Air traffic was apparent as
      two flights seemed to arrive consecutively."
      Luis described the "object color" as "red on the
      sides, yellow from the middle towards the back and white
      on the front edge. Its shape was round as seen from the
      bottom. Even though it appeared to be extremely high in
      the air, its body appeared to be one very large craft
      compared to regular aircraft. I could possibly fit three
      more passenger aircraft in it."
      "The height (altitude--J.T.) was approximately three
      times higher than regular passenger aircraft," about
      100,000 feet or 30,000 meters. "No sound was heard
      although the craft moved at breakneck speed across the
      sky." (Email Form Report)


      On Sunday, March 20, 2005, at 6:15 p.m., Floyd Utley
      was driving north on Route 31W in Franklin, Kentucky
      (population 7,996) and saw a strange object in the sky,
      "coming from the north and going south" into Tennessee.
      "We were in a car headed north," Floyd reported, "We
      were driving down the road and saw a big, bright, white
      light at 6:15 p.m. Bluish-white in color. Couldn't
      really see a shape. It was high in the air, like it was a
      new tower or something. It got very bright and then was
      just gone."
      Asked if the incident was reported in the local
      media, he replied, "None we know of."
      Franklin, Ky. is on Routes 31W and 100, located about
      135 miles (216 kilometers) south of Louisville. (Email
      Form Report)
      (Editor's Note: Franklin is famous in UFO
      history as the site where Capt. Thomas Mantell's F-51
      fighter plane was shot down by a daylight disc in January


      On Sunday, March 27, 2005, at 3:13 p.m., ufologist
      Christopher O'Brien, author of the books The Mysterious
      Valley and Enter the Valley, was in Sedona, Arizona
      (population 10,192) when he sighted an unidentified flying
      "I was looking directly east, and I noticed a 30-to-
      40-foot (9-to-12-meter) long egg-shaped object flying by,"
      Chris reported, "It had no apparent wings or tail. It
      first caught my eye because of its motion and its lack of
      reflectivity. Conventional jet traffic was at 30,000 to
      40,000 feet (900 to 1,200 meters) and leaving dissolving,
      spreading contrails all morning."
      "The object was flat white and with its diffused
      sunshine it did not appear to be reflecting as much
      sunlight as I would expect. Based on the altitude of
      nearby clouds, it was flying at about 7,000 to 8,000 feet
      (2,100 to 2,400 meters) and over 4 to 5 miles (6 to 8
      kilometers) away to the east at the closest point, above
      Oak Creek Canyon."
      "It was silent. A slight breeze was moving out of
      the north, and I was able to hear a high-flying jet
      (35,000 to 40,000 feet in altitude--C.O'B.) to the south
      as it passed by a minute or so after the object
      disappeared to the north."
      "It may have been a trick of the eye, but at times
      toward the end of the 30 seconds (of observation--J.T.),
      the object appeared to squirt forward and instantly resume
      its normal constant speed. I thought my eyes were playing
      tricks on me, but it did it again and then a third time
      before I lost sight of it."
      "I've been diligently skywatching since I moved here
      in late December (2004), and this was the first
      unexplained flying object I have seen since moving to
      Sedona, Ariz. There is a higher than normal amount of
      planes, hot-air balloons and choppers (helicopters--J.T.)
      flying over this part of the Mogollon Rim--aerial tour
      flights from the small regional Sedona Airport, and I've
      been wondering if this has contributed to the
      historically-high level per capita of UFO sightings in the
      Verde Valley/Sedona area. But after witnessing the above
      strange object, maybe not..."
      Sedona is on Highway 179 approximately 27 miles (43
      kilometers) south of Flagstaff, Arizona. (Many thanks to
      Chris O'Brien for this email report.)


      "Some are calling it a 'miracle' and a 'sign from
      "Parishoners of St. John Of God Church" in Somerset,
      Massachusetts (population 18,234) "say they see an image
      of the Virgin Mary and Jesus in the wood grain of a
      tabernacle at the church's altar."
      "While the Roman Catholic faith has a belief in
      things that cannot be seen, seeing the image is causing
      quite a stir."
      "'To me, it's a miracle to see something like that
      there,' said parishoner George Nicolan. 'But you can see
      "The image was discovered on the tabernacle, which
      dates to 1928, by a parishoner who declined to use his
      ""I don't want to get anything out of this other than
      to help other people,' he said."
      "The tabernacle now stands in the new St. John of God
      Church, dedicated in 1978. It was moved from the older
      structure after that church was deemed too small and
      (Editor's Note: St. John of God was a dissolute nobleman
      who lived in the city of Granada in southern Spain in
      1550. After his conversion, he devoted himself to the
      care of the sick and founded the Brothers Hospitallers
      order. His feast day is March 8, which, curiously, is
      when the apparition was first reported.)
      "The man who discovered the image, a 54-year-old
      widower, said the image is a sign. He believes it
      appeared to him after struggling with the death of his
      wife in the year 2002."
      "'It's all based on faith. For those who believe, no
      explanation is needed. For those who don't, no
      explanation will suffice,' he said."
      "When his wife was diagnosed with a terminal brain
      tumor, the couple traveled on a pilgrimage to Medjugorje,
      a small village in Bosnia-Herzegovina. People throughout
      the world report seeing images of the Virgin Mary (birth
      name: Miriam bat-Joachim--J.T.) there and receiving
      "Upon returning from the pilgrimage, his wife died 60
      days later. He prayed for her and dealt with his loss.
      One Sunday morning (March 6, 2005), he said he just
      'looked up and saw this glorious image of our blessed
      mother and her son.'"
      "Parishoner Maria Oliveira said, 'It's beautiful.
      Oh, my God. It means God is there.'"
      "Eddie Ramos, who has been a parishoner at St. John
      of God Church for some 35 years, never noticed the image
      before. When it was pointed out to him, though, he said,
      'I can really see it. It gave me a good feeling. It's a
      miracle. There's some sign of something there. I did
      feel something when I saw it. I felt comfortable.'"
      The image, suggested by the wood-grain patterns,
      shows the face of a long-haired Jesus in the foreground
      and, behind him, the Virgin Mary wearing a veil, in
      profile facing the right.
      Skeptics claim "it's just a random mixing of wood
      grains that means absolutely nothing."
      "Father Raul Lagoa of St. John of God Church did not
      return a call for comment. Bishop George W. Coleman" of
      the Roman Catholic diocese in nearby Fall River, Mass.
      "was also not available."
      "Another parishoner, Mary, who did not want to reveal
      her last name, said of the image: 'I don't know. You
      believe what you want.'"
      "On Thursday," March 24, 2005, "various news agencies
      reported that an image of the Shroud of Turin formed on a
      cloth towel that a waitress at the Green Dragon Tavern in
      Boston tossed onto a linen basket. The tavern said it
      will not move the towel."
      "Miracle of coincidence?"
      Somerset, Mass. is on Route 138 about 30 miles (48
      kilometers) south of Boston, the state capital. The town
      is also on the southern border of "the Bridgewater
      Triangle," midway between Rehoboth and Freetown. The
      "Bridgewater Triangle" is reknowned for its many instances
      of paranormal phenomena. (See the Taunton, Mass. Daily
      Gazette for March 27, 2005, "Somerset parishoners see
      religious images in church altar." Many thanks to Mary
      Lou Jones-Drown for this newspaper article.)
      (Editor's Comment: Back in the 1760s and 1770s, Boston's
      Green Dragon Tavern was the meeting place of St. John's
      Lodge of Masons and its more famous offshoot, the Sons of
      Liberty, which was organized by Dr. Joseph Warren, Master
      of the Lodge. Now, that's a first--an apparition of Jesus
      Christ at a Masonic lodge!)


      A police officer in Kenosha, Wisconsin "fatally shot
      a naked man on a city street early Tuesday," March 29,
      2005, "after the man twisted his 5-year-old son's neck so
      badly the boy fell over, police said."
      "The officer shot the 31-year-old man nine times in
      the torso as he tried to grab his children, Sgt. Ron
      Bartholomew said. The man's 14-month-old daughter and 3-
      year-old son were with him, also."
      "The 5-year-old told officers his dad had an argument
      with his girlfriend, smoked marijuana, drank shampoo and
      poured water over his children before taking all three
      naked into the street, Bartholomew said."
      "A driver called 911 after the man approached her car
      around 2:15 a.m. and asked for help, he said. The man was
      shaking and seemed agitated. The woman drove away and
      called police when he cursed at her and pounded on her
      car, Bartholomew said."
      "Officers David Monson and Luke Hoffman saw the man
      and ordered him to stop, which he eventually did after
      yelling at the officers. He then put a pair of scissors
      to the baby's neck, Bartholomew said."
      "Monson drew his gun. Hoffman drew his stun gun, and
      the man threw down the scissors and then fell on the baby,
      Bartholomew said. He got up and grabbed his 5-year-old
      son by the head and twisted his neck."
      "'The boy went limp and fell to the side,'
      Bartholomew said."
      "'He was continuing to be aggressive up until the
      last shot was fired,' he said."
      "Police had the children in custody while officers
      tried to locate family members." The children "were hurt
      but did not have life-threatening injuries."
      "Police did not immediately release the man's name.
      Bartholomew said the man was recently released from
      prison, but he had no other details."
      "The 5-year-old told officers his father fed the 3-
      year-old pills, which he spit out when the father wasn't
      looking. He also took a knife and pressed it to the
      baby's stomach and punched the 5-year-old's face,
      Bartholomew said."
      "John DeCicco, 33, who lives on the street where the
      shooting occurred, said he looked out a front window and
      saw officers yelling at somebody."
      "'All I could hear was, 'Stop and drop it; stop, drop
      it,' he said."
      "DeCicco said he opened the door, and by then the
      small group was a couple of houses away from him, and he
      saw somebody carrying a child."
      "He heard five to six gunshots, and two older
      children who were in the immediate area bolted, he said."
      Kenosha, Wis. (population 90,352) is on Highway 32,
      on the western shore of Lake Michigan, approximately 40
      miles (64 kilometers) south of Milwaukee.
      "Kenosha is one of those communities with a long
      history of paranormal phenomena," UFO Roundup editor
      Joseph Trainor said, "In 1936, a man named Mark
      Schackelman saw a pointy-eared, fur-covered biped crouched
      and digging in a graveyard just off Highway 18 near
      Kenosha. The creature looked like one of the ghouls
      described by H.P. Lovecraft in his story 'Pickman's
      Model.' In July 1964, there was a Bigfoot sighting, and,
      in 1968, 'a brown-haired, hairless-faced beast left three-
      toed, webbed tracks in the snow,' that were seen by 12
      "This appears to be the first 'occult crime' in
      Kenosha," Trainor added, "If any of our readers know of
      others, please drop us an email." (See the Duluth, Minn.
      News-Tribune for March 30, 2005, "Police fatally shoot
      naked man," page 4B. Many thanks to Loren Coleman and Jay
      Rath, author of The W Files: True Reports of Wisconsin's
      Unexplained Phenomena, for the background material.)


      "The alleged manifestations of spectres and ghosts
      are giving residents of Villa Los Salares," a village near
      Antofagasta in northern Chile, "the goosebumps. Nocturnal
      sounds, screams, cries, flying objects and even a child
      dressed in white have been a collective nightmare for area
      "According to the locals, all this is due to the fact
      that half of 100 people who lost their lives in the 1991
      landslide lived in this village located on the south side
      of Antofagasta."
      "Ricardo, one of the locals who refused to give his
      surname, says that 'at one time I was with my family and
      saw a cup that flew off the table and shattered against
      the window.'"
      "Luis, who preferred to remain anonymous, told the
      story of the infamous child ghost."
      "'A few weeks ago, I saw a little boy dressed in
      white, about four years old. He passed right through the
      gate without any effort, from the yard in front of my
      house to my neighbor's house. My oldest son also saw it.
      He told me that he felt chills, and, when he went to the
      window, the little boy was staring at him.'"
      "Father Sergio Villalobos, the parish priest at San
      Francisco de Assis Church in Antofagasta, announced that
      he will visit several homes in Villa los Salares, where
      local residents claim having had several paranormal
      experiences and the apparition of ghosts 14 years after
      the landslide that buried half a hundred people."
      Father Villalobos, "who has led the parish for five
      years, explained that he has had experiences in this
      subject and that the most important thing is to go with
      "'When I have been asked to intercede in homes where
      strange things occur, I go with faith and trust that
      everything will turn out all right. If one goes with
      faith, everything comes out in the end, because, in the
      end, it isn't me who is giving the blessing--it is God,'
      he said, 'If God wishes to bring peace to a home, and if
      there are people of peace in the home, peace and
      tranquillity will arrive.'"
      "The priest acknowledged that there is a great
      awareness in Villa los Salares of the 1991 landslide.
      'Many people died there, and who knows if everything that
      should have been found was indeed found,'" he added.
      "Villalobos also made reference to the ghost of a
      child dressed in white who appears in the area, according
      to neighbors. 'If a landslide strikes me unaware, or a
      similar situation--if I die in my sleep--it's logical that
      I should be stuck here on Earth. As popular wisdom says,
      when there are those with something left undone, one tends
      to seek it out. I believe that's what this ghost is
      after, because all those who die are in need of prayers.
      We will never know if we are dying in peace or with
      debts.'" (See the newspaper Las Ultimas Noticias of
      Santiago de Chile for March 27, 2005, "Tales of ghosts
      follow Antofagasta landslide," and for March 29, 2005,
      "Priest to exorcise Villa los Salares ghosts." Muchas
      gracias a Scott Corrales y Liliana Nunez Orellana por
      estes articulos de diario.)


      "A 15-year-old boy who had shown strong interest in
      the (1999) Columbine school shootings has been arrested
      for allegedly plotting to blow up his high school,
      authorities said Thursday," March 31, 2005.
      "The student, a sophomore at Sweet Home High School
      in suburban Amherst, N.Y. (population 45,800) talked about
      his plan with other students who alerted school
      "'He stated an intent to blow up the school,' Erie
      County District Attorney Frank Clark said, 'He had
      purchased the gunpowder, he had primers, he had the pipes
      which had already been bored out, he had the ball
      "A search of the boy's Town of Tonawanda (N.Y.) home
      also turned up bomb-making instructions and extensive
      materials about the 1999 shooting deaths of 13 people at
      Columbine High School in" Littleton, Colorado, "including
      downloaded autopsy reports on student shooters Dylan
      Klebold and Eric Harris, crime scene photos and photos of
      the weapons."
      "The boy wrote an essay for his English class earlier
      this year suggesting Klebold and Harris were rebelling
      against an oppressive atmosphere, authorities said."
      "'Obviously, I'm concerned. I knew the student,'
      said Geoffrey Hicks, superintendent of the 3,900-student
      district, which drawns students from Tonawanda (population
      16,136) and Amherst. He said the school immediately
      called police after being tipped off by a student and a
      "Hicks declined to characterize the boy, including
      whether he was popular or participated in school
      activities like sports."
      "The student, whose name was witheld because of his
      age, told investigators that he was planning the attack
      for his senior year and that the intent was not to hurt
      anyone but to show police that they were inadequately
      protecting people."
      "Clark said the boy's actions said otherwise."
      "'He had all the makings of a bomb as of last week,
      and his professed intent not to do it for two years rings
      a little hollow,' the prosecutor said. As for not hurting
      anyone, 'it's a rather incongruous explanation,' he said."
      "'It wasn't as though he had only talked about it,'
      Clark said, 'He had actually started to purchase materials
      and construct materials, so it was a little scary.'"
      "Investigators said the boy, who was apparently
      acting alone, bought some gunpowder from a drug dealer and
      was negotiating to buy more, about two pounds in all."
      "An Erie County Sheriff's Department explosives
      expert said the amount would be enough for four 'good-
      sized' pipe bombs capable of spewing fragments and ball
      bearings into" people nearby.
      The suspect "was charged in Family Court as a
      juvenile and is not eligible for prosecution as an adult,
      Clark said. He could face up to a year in a residential
      treatment center if found guilty."
      "Hicks said a letter has been sent to parents
      informing them of the arrest and a meeting is planned for
      Wednesday," April 6, 2005, "to answer parents' questions.
      Students and faculty will be told of the situation upon
      returning to school Monday," April 4, 2005, the
      superintendent said.
      "'The message will be that we have a safe school,
      that the information was acted upon immediately,' Hicks
      "In a letter to parents, Hicks said the boy would not
      attend Sweet Home High School 'for the foreseeable
      "'He is a troubled young man who will get the help he
      needs,' the letter said."
      Amherst, N.Y. is on Route 324, about 7 miles (11
      kilometers) northeast of Buffalo, N.Y. (See Newsday for
      March 31, 2005, "Student arrested in bomb plot."
      Many thanks to Loren Coleman for this newspaper article.)


      "As many as 20 teenagers may have known ahead of time
      about plans for the shooting spree that resulted in the
      deaths of 10 people on the Red Lake Indian Reservation" in
      northern Minnesota, "tribal and federal officials said
      Friday," April 1, 2005.
      "Capt. Dewayne Dow of the tribal police told a group
      of parents, teachers and staff at a three-hour School
      Board meeting that authorities believe as many as 20
      students were involved."
      "One law enforcement official said the FBI believes
      that as many as four students--including gunman Jeff Weise
      and Louis Jourdain, a classmate arrested Sunday," March
      27, 2005--"were directly involved in planning an attack on
      Red Lake High School, while well over a dozen others may
      have heard about the plot."
      "The teenage son of Red Lake Nation tribal chairman
      Floyd "Buck" Jourdain Jr. has been arrested on federal
      charges stemming from last week's deadly school shooting
      on the Red Lake Indian Reservation."
      "Louis Jourdain, 15, a student at Red Lake Senior
      High School--where Jeff Weise fatally shot five students,
      a teacher and a security guard before killing himself
      (Monday) March 21 (2005)--was taken into custody Sunday
      evening, according to sources with knowledge of the
      "One of the sources, who spoke on condition his name
      not be used, said Jourdain and Weise exchanged emails that
      discussed Weise's intent to go on a shooting rampage at
      the school. Three other teenagers who were in email
      contact with Weise also have been questioned and could
      face charges."
      "There was increased security around the federal
      courthouse" on 2nd Street West in Duluth, Minnesota
      (population 86,918), "with Duluth police officers
      stationed near the building's entrances. Deputy Duluth
      police chief Jim Wright declined to comment on the
      increased police presence."
      "During most hearings, the wooden doors of U.S.
      District Courtroom No. 3 are left open. But a marshal
      closed to door for Monday's hearing."
      "The teen's hands were handcuffed behind his back and
      he was escorted in and out of the courtroom by seven law
      enforcement officers, including FBI special agents and
      U.S. marshals."
      Present for the court session were U.S. Attorney Tom
      Heffelfinger, "whose office would prosecute any case
      arising from the shootings," FBI Special Agent in Charge
      (SAC) Michael Tabman and FBI Special Agent Debbie Decker.
      Agent "Decker declined to comment after the hearing,
      referring all questions to the FBI in Minneapolis."
      Jourdain, in handcuffs and wearing a black "hoodie"
      zip-up sweatshirt with a large red spider on the front,
      appeared in Duluth's federal courthouse again on Tuesday,
      March 29, 2005. "The second hearing lasted 90 minutes
      before U.S. Magistrate Raymond Erickson. It was closed to
      the public because Jourdain is a juvenile."
      "The handcuffed teenager had a blank look as he was
      ushed out of the courtroom by U.S. marshals. His father
      followed closely."
      "'I have no comment,' the elder Jourdain told
      reporters outside the courtroom."
      According to U.S. Attorney Heffelfinger, FBI
      "investigators have interviewed more than 300 people in
      connection with the shootings. The alleged emails between
      Weise and Jourdain were reportedly discovered during a
      forensic 'autopsy' of Weise's home computer at the Red
      Lake home of his grandmother," in the Back of Town section
      of Red Lake, Minn. (population 1,430).
      Investigators have learned that the shooter, Jeff
      Weise, and Louis Jourdain are cousins. Weise's
      grandmother is Jourdain's aunt.
      "Louis Jourdain was one of a small group of Goths at
      Red Lake High School. He sometimes dyed his shoulder-
      length hair dark blue or dark green and had been friends
      with Jeff Weise since sixth grade."
      "Jourdain, Weise and several other friends spent a
      lot of time together in high school as their interest in
      Goth culture developed, other Red Lake students said
      "'They're all pretty gothic, all in black,' said
      Bryan Stately, 18."
      On Wednesday, March 30, 2005, "word spread around the
      reservation that the FBI siezed the computers of several
      "Members of the Goth group referred to themselves as
      'Darkers' and wore black clothing and chains. Jourdain
      often more black T-shirts featuring bands such as Slipknot
      and favored a big black zip-up sweatshirt."
      "Before he joined the Goth group, Jourdain was an
      outgoing, sometimes boisterous boy, Stately said."
      "'Louis was an average kid before that,' he said, 'He
      wore colors.'"
      "Gordon Lee Norris, 18, among a group of Red Lake
      High students playing pickup basketball games Tuesday on
      an outdoor court, said Louis Jourdain 'was just another
      loner, another Goth, I guess. He would only talk to other
      dark-clothes members...He was everyday Goth."
      "As federal authorities continued their investigation
      Wednesday, they were trying to confirm details of links
      between Weise, Jourdain and other youths. Sources with
      knowledge of the investigation said Wednesday that while
      other youths may have had some sort of knowledge about the
      plans, they weren't active participants and probably will
      not face charges."
      "These sources have said Weise and Jourdain discussed
      who should be shot. They discussed shooting Weise's
      grandfather, tribal policeman (Sgt.) Daryl "Dash" Lussier
      Sr., 58, and his female companion, Michelle Sigana, 32,
      were the first two people Weise is believed to have killed
      before going to the school."
      "Some of Weise's movements were caught on the
      school's surveillance camera. In email exchanges between
      Weise and Jourdain, the two allegedly discussed the
      placement of the cameras. Their aim was not to avoid
      being filmed, but rather to make sure the cameras captured
      the shooting spree, said one source, who spoke on the
      condition that his name not be used."
      UFO Roundup has learned that two other teens are
      being sought in connection with the shootings--a boy and a
      girl, aged 15 or 16, whom Weise referred to by their
      nicknames "Mac" and "Rose" in one of his emails.
      In his May 13, 2004 email, Weise "described how there
      had been a threat of violence at his school last April
      (2004) and he had been a suspect."
      "'Apparently, someone was supposed to shoot up the
      school on 4/20 (April 20, 2004--J.T.) and there was a lot
      of buzz around me, and for good reasons, I guess,' he
      wrote, 'I wear combat boots (with my pants legs tucked
      into them--J.W.), wear a trench coat and, at the last
      basketball game, my friend Mac...did a 'Sieg Heil' during
      the national anthem (for shock value--J.W.) so they had us
      pegged as 'Trench Coat Mafia.' My 'friend' Rose even said
      that I fit the profile of a school shooter that she saw on
      60 Minutes.'"
      On Saturday, April 2, 2005, "FBI agents siezed 30 to
      40 computers from the high school computer laboratory
      today in order to perform forensic analysis on the
      machines, FBI and school officials said. Investigators
      hope to learn more from the school computers, because much
      of the alleged discussion and planning among Weise and his
      friends occurred through emails and instant messages, the
      law enforcement official said."
      The emotional strain of the shootings and their
      aftermath are taking a toll on the residents of the
      reservation. Teenagers dressed as Goths are being singled
      out for attention.
      "'I've been getting strange looks,' said Cartera
      Hart, 16, as she left a grocery store on the reservation.
      Hart, who was dressed in black and wore a hoop through her
      lip, said she hangs out in a group of about a dozen
      students who were friends with Weise and Jourdain, who is
      the tribal chairman's son."
      "Her friend, Alyssa Roy, 15, said, 'There's going to
      be more and more people tormenting us and thinking we're
      "Some people said they were on edge as FBI agents
      showed up at people's houses, and teenagers were being
      taken to the detention center for hours of questioning."
      (See the Duluth, Minn. News-Tribune for March 29, 2005,
      "Police arrest teenager," pages 1A and "Arrest: Three
      teenagers questioned," page 4A; for March 30, 2005, "Wider
      plot suspected," page 1A, "Students say Louis Jourdain was
      close to Jeff Weise, but some say they're shocked by
      arrest," pages 1A and 4A, "Investigation: Son of chairman
      has been charged" and "Tribal chairman says his son is
      innocent," page 4A; for March 31, 2005, "Deputy recounts
      scene of shooting," pages 1A and 6A; and for April 2,
      2005, "Authorities say more teens knew about plot," page
      1A and "Red Lake: FBI agents sieze school computers," page


      "I've got a big-bore pistol"
      "With a steel J-frame."
      "I've got a .12-gauge shotgun"
      "That can do the same."
      "I'm drinking TNT."
      "I'm smoking dynamite."
      "And I'll be looking for fun"
      "Come Saturday night."**
      (**With apologies to Muddy Waters--J.T.)

      The shootings at Red Lake High School in northern
      Minnesota, coupled with those at Columbine High School in
      Littleton, Colorado (population 40,340), are putting a
      spotlight on a strange offshoot of the Goth movement. The
      possible involvement of other teens in what was originally
      thought to be the work of a "lone gunman," Jeff Weise, 15,
      of Red Lake, Minn., suggests that the "Trench Coat Mafia"
      didn't die at Columbine six years ago.
      Dark or black clothes, an interest in firearms and
      filmmaking, and admiration for Columbine shooters Dylan
      Klebold and Eric Harris appear to be the hallmarks of the
      new "Darkers," as the group at Red Lake High School called
      themselves. Unlike the mainstream Goths, this crew is
      fascinated with violence.
      And the evidence suggests that they are not alone.
      The bomb plot at Sweet Home High School in Amherst,
      N.Y. (see the news story elsewhere in this issue--J.T.)
      was just the first of the "copycats" to surface. The plot
      was exposed on Wednesday, March 23, 2005--two days after
      the Red Lake shootings--and the suspect reportedly said
      he'd been partly inspired by what happened in northern
      Fortean researcher Loren Coleman predicted that there
      may be more Columbine-style incidents in the near future,
      stirred by "the Copycat Effect," particularly during the
      months of March and April.
      Indeed, the copycats are already coming out of the
      In Woodland Park, Colorado (population 6,515), "after
      two weeks of rumored hit lists and possible school
      shootings, police decided to patrol Woodland Park High
      School to ease the minds of students."
      "Three students have been arrested in recent weeks at
      Woodland Park High School. The ensuing rumors, coupled
      with the recent school shootings in Minnesota, have put
      students on edge."
      "Police Chief Robert Larson says a rumored hit list
      never existed and no one has ever had plans of carrying
      out a school shooting."
      "Still, the police felt it necessary to have a
      presence at the school."
      "The rumors began flying after a 14-year-old boy was
      arrested after shooting out a car window with a BB gun in
      early March (2005)."
      "Another student was arrested later in connection
      with a fight, and rumors spread about a hit list of
      students who talked to police."
      "Then a 15-year-old girl was arrested for stealing a
      gun from her parents."
      Woodland Park is on Highway 24 about 25 miles (40
      kilometers) northwest of Colorado Springs.
      In Embarrass, Minnesota (population 300), located
      about 100 miles (160 kilometers) east of the Red Lake
      Indian Reservation, "a seventh grade student who allegedly
      threatened to kill classmates at Babbitt-Embarrass School
      will not return."
      "'That student will not be returning back to the
      Babbitt-Embarrass School for the remainder of the school
      year,' Principal Steve Reznicek said."
      "The student allegedly made the threatening comments
      to other students (Tuesday) March 22 (2005) on the heels
      of the shootings at Red Lake school."
      "School officials met with the student and his
      mother, stepfather and grandparents Tuesday," March 29,
      2005, "the first time the student had returned to the
      school since the alleged threats."
      "'The comments made by the young man were made out of
      anger as a result of his being bullied,' said Sidney
      Simonson, assistant superintendent for St. Louis County
      "Simonson said the student will be provided 'an
      alternative education outside the Babbitt school setting'
      and said he assured parents who witheld children from
      school Tuesday that students could safely return to
      "'The student will not be in or around school
      grounds,' Simonson said, 'I don't believe that he is a
      threat to them, and there will be no retaliation.'"
      "But at least one parent, Connie Opdycke, is unhappy
      with school officials over their handling of the student,
      who she said exhibited 'big time' belligerent behavior
      toward other students immediately after he enrolled at the
      school in December."
      "'This kid came to the school with an attitude and
      started being a bully to other children, and they
      retaliated,' Opdycke said."
      "Opdycke said school officials had plenty of evidence
      that the student was trouble and failed to act before
      Tuesday's alleged threats."
      "Opdycke said she planned to press charges against
      the student today over an incident in mid-February (2005)
      involving her daughter, a seventh-grader who was then 12."
      "'He grabbed my daughter's breast. He punched her in
      the breast,' Opdycke said."
      "Opdycke said she brought the accusation to the
      attention of a school official, and that it was just one
      of a string of inappropriate acts that signalled a serious
      "'I'm not trying to hurt this kid, but he needs
      help,' Opdycke said, 'My child has been hurt enough.'"
      "Opdycke withheld her daughter from school Tuesday
      and estimated that 30 to 40 percent of parents followed
      Two days in April are "red-letter days" to members
      and sympathizers of the Trench Coat Mafia. The first is
      Tuesday, April 19, 2005. This will be the tenth
      anniversary of the bombing of the Alfred P. Murrah Federal
      Building in Oklahoma City. Until September 11, 2001, this
      was the worst terrorist attack on U.S. soil. Timothy J.
      McVeigh set off a truck bomb in front of the multi-story
      office building that killed 168 people.
      (Editor's Note: McVeigh was born in Lockport, N.Y., not
      far from the Sweet Hope High School bomber's hometown of
      Tonawanda. That's an eerie coincidence.)
      April 19 is also Patriot's Day, the anniversary of
      the battles of Lexington and Concord, Massachusetts, the
      opening shots of the War of the American Revolution.
      And it was the day in 1943 when Mordecai Anielewicz
      launched the Warsaw ghetto uprising.
      The following day, Wednesday, April 20, 2005, will be
      the 116th anniversary of the birth of Adolf Hitler, the
      Nazi dictator revered by Columbine shooters Eric Harris
      and Dylan Klebold and Red Lake shooter Jeff Weise
      It is also the sixth anniversary of the Columbine
      High School shootings in 1999.
      Finally, it is the anniversary of Al-Hajira (Arabic
      for The Flight --J.T.), the escape of the Prophet Mohammed
      (peace be upon him--J.T.) from Mecca to Yathrib (now
      Medina) in Saudi Arabia. And it's the birthday of Iraqi
      sorcerer Abdul Majid al-Hazrad (640-738 A.D.), author of
      Kitab al-Azif, the book of elder magick that eventually
      became the Necronomicon.
      "That might be a good week for school administrators
      to keep their eyes and ears open," UFO Roundup editor
      Joseph Trainor cautioned, "The jury is still out on 'the
      Copycat Effect.' But why take chances?" (See the KKTV of
      Pueblo, Colorado news broadcast for March 30, 2005, "High
      School Threats," and the Duluth, Minn. News-Tribune for
      March 30, 2005, "Babbitt-Embarrass student accused of
      making threat," page 4A.)


      "Against a backdrop of Old West shootouts and
      vigilante justice symbols, more than 100 volunteers
      arrived Friday," April 1, 2005 in Tombstone, Arizona
      (population 1,504) "to join or support citizen patrols of
      Arizona's borders with Mexico, condemning the Bush
      administration for allowing an 'invasion' of illegal
      (Editor's Note: Tombstone was famous in the history of the
      USA's Old West as "the town too tough to die." In October
      1881, it became the site of the most famous duel in
      American history--the Gunfight at the OK Corral--in which
      Wyatt Earp and his brothers, Virgil and Morgan Earp, and
      their friend, Dr. John W. "Doc" Holliday, took on the
      family of Joseph Isaac "Ike" Clanton. The Earps won. One
      of these days, we'll have to do a feature on Doc Holliday,
      truly the strange story of a promising young scientist and
      how he became the deadlist assassin in the USA.)
      "Many participants, traveling from several states,
      said they would set up observation posts on the border
      starting Monday," April 4, 2005, "and would stay
      throughout April to scout for illegal immigrants and their
      smugglers. They said they would use cell phones to alert
      the Border Patrol."
      "At least several volunteers were carrying sidearms
      Friday (which, by the way, is legal in Arizona--J.T.) and
      indicated they would carry the weapons during their
      patrols, organized by the Minuteman Project, a recently
      formed group that opposes illegal immigration."
      "Organizers estimated Friday's turnout at 400 people,
      though a head count showed 100 to 150 at most; 1,300 had
      registered on the Minuteman Project's Web site.
      Organizers explained the discrepancy by saying scores of
      the participants shunned the national media coverage and
      opted to sit out the kickoff."
      "Still, Minuteman Project founder Jim Gilchrist, a
      retired accountant from Orange County, California and
      several supporting Republican lawmakers found an energized
      core of volunteers who cheered in a frontier-era hall
      during speeches that denounced the 'failed' border
      policies of President (Geroge W.) Bush."
      "Though Bush has characterized the volunteers as
      vigilantes, group leaders and lawmakers called them
      'patriots.' But the Minuteman Project organizers reminded
      participants not to break the law while scouring the
      border area for illegal crossers. The group will also
      hold rallies this weekend on the border."
      "'You are American heroes,' Rep. Tom Tancredo
      (Republican of Colorado), chairman of the Congressional
      Immigration Reform Caucus, told an assembly of about 100
      volunteers, mostly white men age 40 and over, 'You are not
      "Chris Simcox, owner of the Tombstone Tumbleweed and
      a chief Minuteman organizer, said the nation was
      "'Hold the line, but hold your ideals up before your
      personal gratification,' Simcox said, 'It would be
      hypocritical of us to go out and break the laws that we
      are asking the government to enforce.'"
      "While leaders and participants said they welcome
      this week's federal announcement of additional Border
      Patrol agents and surveillance aircraft in Arizona, they
      said they believe the measures aren't enough and seemed to
      be a White House effort to upstage their grass-roots
      "The Minuteman registration drew a protest by about
      35 advocates of human and migrant rights. They staged a
      raucous dance in the tradition of the Mexican indigenous
      people outside the 19th Century Schieffelin Hall, where
      the Minutemen were meeting, a block from the OK Corral
      tourist attraction."
      "Accompanies by drummers, a man in a loincloth with
      long, gray hair led a dance line of five young Hispanic
      women in Aztec costumes and feathered headdresses."
      "'The solution is not the paramilitary groups. The
      solution is respect for human rights and finding another
      economic order that will eliminate poverty,' said Arturo
      Mireles, 65, leader of the Danza Azteca Cuahuatemoc group
      from Nogales, Arizona."
      "Minuteman Al Phillips, who was carrying a .357
      revolver on his belt, said he would be armed while on
      patrols. Phillips, 54, of Maryville, Tennessee
      (population 15,942), said he has no intention of using the
      "'It's my right,' said Phillips, who worked in the
      Michigan Department of Corrections for 27 years. 'All the
      people making a big deal out of this, it's nothing. The
      only time I would take it out is if my life or another
      person's is in danger.'"
      "Critics contend the project may attract anti-
      immigrant racists and vigilantes looking to confront
      illegal immigrants. At least one white supremacist group
      has mentioned the project on its Web site."
      "'They are domestic terrorists that represent a
      danger to the country and could promote a major border
      conflict that will have serious ramifications and
      consequences,' said Armando Navarro, a University of
      California-Riverside political science professor and
      coordinator of the National Alliance for Human Rights,
      made up mostly of Hispanic activists."
      "Michael Nicley, chief of the U.S. Border Patrol's
      Tucson (Arizona) sector, said the volunteers are 'not the
      kind of help the Border Patrol is asking for.'"
      "Cochise County Sheriff Larry Dever said he fears
      immigrant smugglers (known as coyotes on the Border--J.T.)
      might open fire on the volunteers."
      "'I wouldn't anticipate that people of that
      persuasion would act or react any differently to anybody,
      citizen or law enforcement alike, if they were confronted
      and felt like their cargo was in jeapordy."
      "On Wednesday," March 30, 2005, "the Homeland
      Security Department announced that it is assigning 534
      additional agents to the porous Arizona border to help
      keep out potential terrorists and illegal immigrants."
      "The 370-mile (592-kilometer) Arizona border is
      considered the most vulnerable stretch of the 2,000-mile
      (3,200-kilometer) southern (USA) border. Of the 1.1
      million illegal immigrants caught by the Border Patrol
      last year (2004), 51 percent crossed into the country at
      the Arizona border."
      Still, "other Minuteman critics and skeptics--
      including the Tucson-based Border Action Network, the
      American Civil Liberties Union and the Intelligence
      Project of the Southern Poverty Law Center--contend the
      project may attract anti-immigration racists bent on
      violent confrontation."
      "'We think there's a real danger of something bad
      occurring,' said Mark Potok, director of the Intelligence
      Project, which monitors hate groups. 'People around the
      country, on white supremacist and neo-Nazi Web sites, are
      talking about going down there.'"
      "But Minuteman founder Jim Gilchrist, 56, an ex-
      Marine from Aliso Viejo, California, insists his members
      will be peaceful and unarmed. 'This is not about race.
      It's about enforcement of the law,' he said."
      "Gilchrist said he objects to 'the notion that we're
      a bunch of baby-killing, bloodthirsty war machines.' He
      called his group 'a bunch of predominantly white Martin
      Luther Kings, going down there with his model (of non-
      violence) and the New York City Guardian Angels' model of
      "Gilchrist said participants are restricted to
      identifying and observing illegal border-crossers and
      alerting the Border Patrol. Simcox said volunteers, who
      range from doctors, lawyers and former police officers to
      'senior citizens in lawn chairs,' will arm themselves with
      camcorders, binoculars and cell phones--not firearms."
      "'We're doing exactly what the president and the
      Department of Homeland Security have asked all Americans
      to do since Sept. 11 (2001),' he said."
      "'We're not anti-immigrant. There's a legal way to
      come into this country. What we have are people by the
      thousands slipping under the fence.'" (See the Chicago
      Tribune for April 2, 2005, "Group set to patrol crossings
      at border," section 1, page 9; USA Today for April 1,
      2005, "Border patrols growing in Arizona," page 3A; and
      the Duluth, Minn. News-Tribune for March 31, 2005, "Some
      fear bloodshed when armed volunteers patrol Mexican
      border," page 9A.)


      "A major earthquake struck late Monday," March 28,
      2004, "off the west coast of Indonesia, killing hundreds
      and panicking millions in Indian Ocean countries still
      reeling from the massive December 26 (2004) tsunami."
      "Fears of another catastrophe on the scale of
      December's devastating tsunami eased within hours as
      officials in countries closest to the quake's epicenter
      said there were no reports of walls of water striking
      their coasts after the temblor was reported."
      "The U.S. Geological Survey said Monday's quake,
      which occurred at 11:09 p.m. local (Indonesian) time,
      measured a magnitude of 8.2" on the Richter scale. "A
      later reading put the magnitude at 8.7, said Paul Earle, a
      USGS geophysicist."
      "The quake was centered 125 miles (208 kilometers)
      west-northwest of Sibolga, Sumatra (island), and 150 miles
      (250 kilometers) southwest of Medan, Sumatra, the USGS
      "Early reports of damage and casualties were confined
      mainly to the island of Nias, off the Sumatran coast,
      close to the quake's epicenter."
      "The quake collapsed about 70 percent of houses and
      buildings in the town of Gunungsitoli, said police Sgt.
      Zulkifli Sirait."
      "Agus Mendrofa, deputy district head on Nias Island,
      told el-Shinta radio station that 296 people were killed.
      He said this figure was based on (first) reports from
      humanitarian workers on the island."
      "In Banda Aceh," on the northern tip of Sumatra, the
      "city hit hardest in December, Monday's quake spread panic
      as it briefly cut electricity."
      "Thousands were awakened and poured into the
      "The quake lasted about two minutes and felt like the
      gentle swaying of a rocking chair."
      "People grabbed small bags of clothes as they fled
      tents and homes. Many were crying and jumping into cars
      and onto motorbikes and pedicabs to head for higher
      "'People are still traumatized, still scared, they
      are running for higher ground,' said Feri, a 24-year-old
      aid volunteer who goes by one name."
      "The quake was felt as far away as Thailand, Malaysia
      and Singapore, more than 435 miles (696 kilometers) from
      the epicenter. Sri Lanka's government urged people to
      evacuate to higher ground and suspended night trains along
      the coast."
      UFO Roundup's correspondent in the region, "the Wild
      Man of Borneo," said he felt the tremor at his home
      near Palangkaraya.
      "I was outside, Saucer Dude, standing in our sheet-
      metal shower when the tremor hit. First the metal plates
      began rattling, and I wondered if the stall was falling
      apart on me. Then the bamboo floor began moving, and I
      thought, Awwww, shit! Not again! It kept on for a couple
      of minutes. That's when I knew it was a bad one. You
      know what was really awesome? Watching the water come out
      of the shower nozzle. The water was zigzagging from side
      to side. But not for long. The pipe broke after twenty
      seconds, and that was the end of my shower. People came
      running up from the kampong (village--J.T.), shouting. I
      grabbed the towel and wrapped it around me. Didn't want
      to excite my neighbors any more than they already were."
      "Later, after I dried off, I got my SONY ICF-4290
      pocket radio and cruised the short-wave band. I picked up
      Radio el-Shinta. Another big quake in western Sumatra.
      It'll make you a real believer in Earth changes, dude."
      "Almost all the deaths reported in the hours after
      Monday's earthquake were on Nias Island, off Sumatra's
      west coast, close to the epicenter."
      "The MISNA missionary news service in Rome reported
      that a huge fire was raging early Tuesday," March 29,
      2004, "in Gunungsitoli."
      Father Raymond Laia, a Roman Catholic missionary on
      Nias, reported by telephone, "From the window, I can see
      very high flames. The town is completely destroyed. I
      repeat, the town is completely destroyed."
      Officer Naing Golan, a policeman in Gunungsitoli,
      said, "The situation here is really messy. After-shocks
      keep hitting every half hour, making thousands of people
      flee their homes and afraid to go home."
      "In Banda Aceh, Sumatra's largest city, the shaking
      and swaying was gentle but lasted a full two minutes--far
      longer than most of the frequent aftershocks since the
      major (December 26, 2004) tsunami, which killed more than
      126,000 people in Aceh province and left more than 400,000
      "Then, there was little warning of the tsunami that
      followed the earthquake. This time, people were taking no
      "Thousands poured into the streets, where flickering
      campfires and motorbike and car headlights provided the
      only lighting after electricity was severed by the
      "The quake was felt in Singapore and the Thai
      capital, Bangkok."
      "'I was getting ready for bed, and suddenly, the room
      started shaking,' said Jessie Chong, a resident of
      Malaysia's largest city, Kuala Lumpur. 'I thought I was
      hallucinating at first, but then I heard my neighbors
      screaming and running out.'"
      The quake did trigger a small tsnumai in the Cocos
      Islands, which are owned by Australia, located 800
      kilometers (500 miles) south of Sumatra.
      "About 13 aftershocks, ranging from 5.0 to 6.1
      magnitude" on the Richter scale, "shook the (Nias) island
      in the aftermath of the quake."
      "Helicopters evacuated 17 critically-wounded
      survivors to the main island of Sumatra for treatment of
      head or chest injuries or internal bleeding."
      "The earthquake came along the same fault line as the
      massive magnitude-9.0 quake Dec. 26 that sent the tsunami
      crashing into 11 countries around the Indian Ocean."
      Monday's "quake triggered panic in coastal communities
      from Indonesia to Thailand to Sri Lanka."
      "The International Organization for Migration said it
      was sending trucks loaded with water, milk and other food
      items and medical supplies to the port town of Sibolga,"
      on Sumatra, "where they will be ferried to Nias."
      "The (Indonesian) army and navy are mobilizing to
      help,' said presidential adviser Tahi Bonar Silalahi."
      (See USA Today for March 30, 2005, "Quake panics tsunami
      area," page 1A, and "Tsunami warning panics many in
      Indonesia," page 8A; and for March 31, 2005, "Many killed
      on island missed by Dec. quake," page 7A. Many thanks to
      Achmed Zabidin and "the Wild Man of Borneo, Sarawak's
      favorite party animal" for their reports.)


      "St. Patrick's Day (Thursday, March 17, 2005) was
      supposed to be just another day of routine training for
      underwater researchers at the University of Hawaii. But
      they found something extraordinary 870 meters (2,871 feet)
      down, off Barbers Point," on the southern shore of Oahu,
      one of the eight islands of the USA's state of Hawaii--"a
      mammoth World War II-era Japanese sub meant for biological
      "The submarine is from the I-400 Sensuikan Joku class
      of subs, the largest (ever) built before the nuclear
      ballistic missile submarines of the 1960s. They are 400
      feet (120 meters) long and could carry a crew of 144. The
      submarine were constructed to carry three fold-up bombers
      that could be quickly assembled."
      "The I-400 and I-401 were captured at sea one week
      after Japan surrendered in 1945 (i.e. about August 22,
      1945--J.T.) Their mission, which was never completed,
      reportedly was to use the fold-up aircraft to drop rats
      and insects infected with bubonic plague, cholera, typhus
      and other diseases on U.S. cities" along the Pacific
      "When the bacteriological bombs could not be prepared
      in time, the (sub's) mission reportedly was changed to
      bomb the Panama Canal. Both submarines were ordered to
      sail to Pearl Harbor and were deliberately sunk later,
      partly because Russian scientists were demanding access to
      "'It is not the first World War II-era 'monster' sub
      that the HURL (Hawaii Undersea Research Laboratory--J.T.)
      scientists have found. Last year (2004), off Pearl
      Harbor, they located the remains of the giant seaplane
      Marshall Mars, one of the largest aircraft ever built and
      used as a transport plane by the U.S. Navy. Ten years
      earlier, in the same area, the HURL crew also found the
      wreckage of a Japanese midget submarine that was sunk on
      December 7, 1941," immediately prior to the Japanese air
      attack on Pearl Harbor. (See the Honolulu Star-Bulletin
      for March 18, 2005, "WWII plague sub found." Many thanks
      to Steve Wilson Sr. for this newspaper article.)
      (Editor's Comment: More proof--if proof were needed--that
      the great war of 60 years ago did not end quite the way
      Zionist historians claim it did.)


      In addition to being April Fool's Day, Friday, April
      1, 2005 was the anniversary of the strangest tornado that
      ever touched down in Wisconsin.
      It happened on April 1, 1987 in Whitefish Bay, Wis.
      (population 14,000), a port on Lake Michigan about five
      miles (8 kilometers) northeast of Milwaukee.
      "Mother Nature fooled some residents in Wisconsin on
      this day in 1987 by producing a tornado during a snow
      "The vortex occurred in Whitefish Bay on Lake
      Michigan during a snow squall. A mobile home lost its
      roof and insulation was sucked from the walls. This is an
      extremely rare event, because severe weather usually
      requires warm moist air combined with a high degree of
      atmospheric instability" for the funnel to form.
      On Friday, April 1, 2005, in Kokomo, Indiana
      (population 46,133), "a photo and film exhibit marking the
      40th anniversary of the deadly Palm Sunday tornadoes of
      1965" opened at "the Sieberling Museum. Visitors will
      hear an audio recording of one tornado hitting the Alto
      Methodist Church in Kokomo."
      "Eleven tornadoes struck 20 Indiana counties on
      (Sunday) April 11, 1965, killing 137 people. The exhibit
      will run through July 1, 2005." (See the Duluth, Minn.
      News-Tribune for April 1, 2005, "Today's Weather Fact,"
      page 8B, and USA Today for April 1, 2005, "Around the USA:
      Indiana," page 10A.)


      A second letter has been received from Ernst Zundel,
      "the outcast ufologist," who is currently imprisoned in
      Mannheim while the German government tries to determine if
      his Web site violates their "hate-crime" laws.
      Zundel, 65, arrived in Germany in early March after
      spending two years as a special "national security"
      prisoner in Canada. He is the author of two books on UFOs
      and the Antarctic Reich, Secret Nazi Polar Expeditions
      (1978) and Hitler at the South Pole (1979). His enemies
      charge that his Zundelsite publishes material challenging
      the claims of Holocaust victims.
      "Here is my dilemna," Zundel wrote in his second
      letter, "In a month, I am allowed only two 30-minute
      visitors (up to three can come into the room--E.Z.). No
      gifts, no money, nothing can be given to me and vice
      versa. An official listener, a person in uniform, sits
      within one to two meters and listens to all, interrupts
      with suggestions, advises in a jovial, civilized way--but
      it gives you an idea of the absurdity of my situation."
      Zundel is now working on a new book. "I have already
      used up to three ballpoint pens, which last exactly
      between 40 to 45 pages, but they cost only 35 cents. I
      have bought ten ballpoint pens. We are allowed to shop in
      a kind of self-serve store at the prison for our personal
      needs every two weeks."
      Commenting on prison cuisine, Zundel added, "There is
      only one meal a day--at noon. Then, at night, there are
      about five pieces of dark or rye bread--boy, do I love and
      cherish that German bread--and two slices of cheese or
      sausage. That has to last for the evening meal and the
      next morning's breakfast."
      "We make our own tea or coffee, in a one-liter
      stainless steel tea/coffee pot using an electric immersion
      heater, which I had to buy for E9.95 (Euros--J.T.) The
      coffee we have to buy at the prison store."
      "The food is very German--Hallelujah! Like my
      mother's cooking--better quality and larger quantities
      than in Canada. The (food) portions in the USA were
      criminally small. Imagine that! The U.S. prisoners were
      always hungry--it was a constant refrain. And the food
      was of no nutritional value, things like supersweet
      cereals, corn flakes, hot dogs and hamburgers half the
      size of MacDonald's. So definitely this is an
      improvement. A vast improvement!"
      "I could rent or buy a color TV. There are
      provisions for it in my cell. Udo Walendy offered to cover
      the cost. I could barely believe his generosity (but) I
      gratefully declined. I have gotten used to my Martin-
      Luther-at-the-Wartburg-like existence of blissful
      Unlike Toronto's Metro West Detention Center, where
      he was a prisoner for two years, Zundel is "also allowed
      one hour each morning in the large prison yard" at
      Mannheim "together with the other prisoners--not alone in
      a 15 by 20 meter enclosure for ten minutes, observed by
      three uniformed guards like in Canada."
      Although a member of no organized religion, Zundel
      has attended both Protestant and Roman Catholic services
      at the prison, mostly out of curiosity.
      Recently he watched a screening of Mel Gibson's film,
      The Passion of the Christ, which he didn't like, referring
      to it as "a Middle Eastern fairy tale." He also reported
      that, during the screening, Polish and Romanian prisoners
      nearly rioted, shouting curses and throwing objects at the
      screen, whenever Caiaphas, the Jewish high priest,
      "Here's a man who was living in the USA as a legal
      resident alien, when he was arrested at his home in Pigeon
      Forge, Tennessee for missing an appointment with the
      Immigration and Naturalization Service," UFO Roundup
      editor Joseph Trainor said, "He was deported to Canada,
      imprisoned for two years for reasons the Canadian
      government has never revealed, and now he's been deported
      again, this time to Germany. By my calculation, Mr.
      Zundel has served 25 months in prison for no crime
      whatsoever. Missing an appointment with the INS is not
      even a misdemeanor. This travesty of justice should
      cease, and Mr. Zundel should be allowed to return to the
      USA and be reunited with his family." (Many thanks to
      Ingrid Rimland-Zundel for sharing a copy of her husband's
      second letter.)

      From the UFO Files...

      1890: A PTERODACTYL

      The Gunfight at the OK Corral isn't the only famous
      event in the history of Tombstone, Arizona. The "town too
      tough to die" emblazoned its name in the annals of
      Forteana, as well.
      In April 1890, two cowboys encountered "a large but
      exhausted pterodactyl in the Arizona desert. After a
      brief chase, they shot and killed the creature, whose
      wingspan proved to be 160 feet (48 meters)."
      Here is the actual news story as it appeared in the
      Tombstone Epitaph of April 26, 1890:


      A Strange Winged Monster Discovered
      and Killed on the Huachuca Desert

      "A winged monster, resembling a huge alligator with
      an extremely elongated tail and an immense pair of wings,
      was found on the desert between the Whetstone and Huachuca
      Mountains last Sunday," April 20, 1890, "by two ranchers
      who were returning home from the Huachucas."
      "The creature was evidently greatly exhausted by a
      long flight and when discovered was able to fly but a
      short distance at a time."
      "After the shock of wild amazement had passed, the
      two men, who were on horseback and armed with Winchester
      rifles, regained sufficient courage to pursue the monster
      and, after an exciting chase of several miles, succeeded
      in getting near enough to open<br/><br/>(Message over 64 KB, truncated)
    Your message has been successfully submitted and would be delivered to recipients shortly.