Loading ...
Sorry, an error occurred while loading the content.

UFO ROUNDUP, Volume 10 Number 13

Expand Messages
  • John Hayes
    Posted on behalf of Joseph Trainor. ========================== UFO ROUNDUP Volume 10, Number 13 March 30, 2005 Editor: Joseph Trainor
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 29, 2005
      Posted on behalf of Joseph Trainor.


      Volume 10, Number 13
      March 30, 2005
      Editor: Joseph Trainor

      E-mail: Masinaigan@...
      Website: http://www.ufoinfo.com/roundup/


      "A man been attacked by a large cat-like animal which
      jumped out from bushes in his garden during the night."
      "Anthony Holder said a 6-foot (1.8-meter) long black
      animal pounced, knocked him to the ground, then mauled him
      with its claws" on Monday night, March 21, 2005.
      "He said, 'I am 6 feet (tall) and weigh 15 stone, and
      it was considerably stronger and bigger than me. This
      thing was huge.'"
      "Police were called at Sydenham Park in southeast
      London, and one officer saw a cat 'about the size of a
      Labrador dog.'"
      "Another officer" noticed the beast "soon after, and
      a search of the nearby railway line and allotments was
      carried out."
      "Mr. Holder was looking for his kitten at the bottom
      of his garden, which backs into woodland, when the
      powerful creature attacked him."
      "He described him as 'a big black figure pounced' and
      he was 'in its claws for about 30 seconds.'"
      "'Its teeth were out, and I tried to defend myself,
      and eventually I got the thing off my body.'"
      "He was scratched all over his body and suffered
      swelling and bruising to his hands and the back of his
      "The animal, which Mr. Holden is convinced is a
      panther, then went and set in the garden next-door, and he
      called the police."
      "The Metropolitan Police have mounted extra patrols
      in the area, which is largely residential and backs on to
      a railway line."
      "They have warned people not to approach the animal
      and to keep pets inside."
      "The RSPCA (Royal Society for the Prevention of
      Cruelty to Animals--J.T.) and London Zoo are being
      consulted for special advice."
      In West Oxfordshire, UK, "a 5,000 pound (sterling)
      reward has been offered for the capture of a 'big cat'
      which has been terrorising a farming community."
      "The so-called 'Beast of Burford' has been spotted
      prowling near farms and has killed several sheep in West
      Oxfordshire, according to farmers."
      "Foxbury farmer Colin Dawes told the BBC he saw 'a
      large black cat' running away after killing three of his
      "Cotswold Wildlife Park has now offered to pay 5,000
      pounds ($10,000 USA) to anyone who can capture the
      creature alive."
      "Mr. Dawes said, 'The sheep were killed with the
      typical big cat hunting technique.'"
      "'It grabs them by the throat, strangling them, then
      rips out the throat before taking away the front
      "He said his neighbours saw the big cat on the
      Westwall to Burford Road two weeks ago."
      "Pc. Ray Hamilton, wildlife crime officer at Thames
      Valley Police, admitted there have been several sightings-
      -but said this was not enough."
      "'We've had sightings of everything you could
      imagine--pink flamingos, lions, dingos (Australian wild
      dogs--J.T.), wolves...and even a giant ant-eater (from
      Brazil?--J.T.) in Pangbourne.'"
      "Reggie Heyworth, director of Cotswold Wildlife Park,
      said the big cat definitely did not escape from the park."
      "He believes it was likely the cat was released into
      the wild by someone who was harbouring it illegally."
      "'In January (2005), an antelope at the park was
      killed and partially eaten,' he said, 'The keeper, who has
      lots of experience with such animals, was convinced that
      it had been killed by a huge wild cat.'"
      "Mr. Heyworth wants to put the creature in his
      wildlife park and has offered a reward for its capture."
      (See the Daily Mail of London for March 22, 2005, "Big cat
      attack in London," and BBC News for March 17, 2005,
      "Reward offered to catch 'beast.'" Many thanks to Robert
      Fischer, UFO Roundup's phantom panther expert, for these
      two news stories.)


      "A witch rumoured to be on the prowl in the streets
      of Delhi," the old city portion of India's capital, "has
      caused a panic among sections of people, the same who
      probably fell earlier for such stories as the Monkey Man
      who attacks at will, zucchinis filled with poison and
      milk-drinking statues of Ganesha (elephant-headed god of
      the Hindus--J.T.)."
      "The witch--some say three of them--turn up at the
      front door and ask for onions."
      "'When you give her an onion, she takes out a knife,
      cuts it in half and blood starts dripping. Then you die
      instantly,' said Shanti Devi, a housemaid working in an
      East Delhi residential colony."
      "Saroj Chauhan, a homemaker from Rajouri Gardens in
      West Delhi, added, 'She is an evil soul. She can even
      disguise herself as a young woman, you know.'"
      "Only a palm print in turmeric or henna on the door
      can ward off the evil hags, so don't be surprised at the
      sight of yellow handprints on doors in East, West and even
      upscale areas of South Delhi."
      "But has anyone seen her? 'No, we have heard of it
      from many people,' said 11-year-old Rahul, whose
      neighbourhood of Mayur Vihar has been a prowling point."
      "And some people say she has been spotted in
      neighbouring towns such as Meerut and Faridabad."
      How did this menace get started? Well, according to
      the legends, half a million years ago, on the lost
      continent of Lemuria, the good wizard Sharajsha-ji left
      his home in the mountains of Mommur (now Hawaii--J.T.) and
      battled the Three Witches of Zaar. By his mighty spells,
      Sharajsha-ji imprisoned each of the witches in a nail made
      of orichalc and then drove the nails into a sacred pillar,
      imprisoning them for all time. Or so the maharishi (Hindi
      for great wizard--J.T.) thought.
      Before the sinking of Lemuria, adepts brought the
      sacred pillar to India. It ended up in Delhi, which is
      kind of a flea market for relics of the past few yugas
      (previous world-ages--J.T.). This one in particular wound
      up at the Balaji temple.
      On Sunday, March 20, 2005, the Sarasvati family
      decided to visit the Balaji temple. Their rambunctious
      youngest son, Chunder, age 2, wandered off and came upon
      the ancient artifact, and "the child unwittingly pulled at
      the nails which had pinned the witches to the pillar."
      Before his family could stop him, Chunder yanked out three
      nails, "and now they (the witches) are roaming
      the streets of the capital."
      (Editor's Note: The same morning as this incident, there
      was an earthquake measuring 7.0 on the Richter scale just
      west of Kyushu, the southernmost island in Japan.
      "Rumours have it that this nasty witch has claimed
      100 victims already. Even natural deaths are being
      attributed to the women, causing phobias and alarms and
      calls to the local police."
      "'We are not aware of any such problem, but police in
      these areas will be on the watch for any trouble,' said
      Ranjit Naryan, joint police commissioner for the Delhi
      "Asked whether there have been any incidents, Naryan
      chuckled, 'Our men are there to protect. If they see her,
      they will tell her to lay off.'"
      "But many people believe the witch is real, however.
      Sadhus (itinerant Hindu holy men--J.T.) sporting saffron
      (robes) and matted hair, who would normally make house
      calls seeking alms, have apparently used the opportunity
      to 'help' people ward off the witch for a price."
      "'It's all nonsense,' said Sanal Edamaraku of the
      Indian Rationalists Association, who makes it his business
      to expose hoaxes and the so-called miraculous phenomena
      that have often gripped public imagination."
      "'Undeniably, people are unquestioning and gullible.
      They are ready to believe anything,' he remarked,
      referring to past rumours like the monkey man and
      Ganesha's idols drinking milk."
      "'Witch stories are interesting, but they are not
      real. People have to activate their critical faculties of
      "Edamaraku said he spoke to all of the (Delhi)
      district, who denied there had been any deaths caused by a
      witch attack." (See the New Kerala Times for March 24,
      2005, "Witch rumours alarm Delhi residents." Many thanks
      to Krishnari Bai Dharapurnanda and Robert Fischer for this
      newspaper article.)


      "An annual ritual at a 1,200-year-old Shinto shrine"
      on Kyushu, Japan's southernmost island, "predicted a major
      earthquake five days before the tremor rattled the region,
      a priest said."
      "In the fortune-telling ceremony at the Chiriku
      Hachimangu Jingu (shrine) in Miyaki city on the island of
      Kyushu, a talisman warned on (Tuesday) March 15 (2005) of
      a quake, even though the area is historically less prone
      to tremors."
      "The shrine offers a bowl of rice porridge on the
      altar on February 26 and takes it back on March 15. A
      priest from a family that has been telling fortunes for
      generations the examines the (porridge's) surface to make
      "'It was good porridge this year with a shiny surface
      and not much mould--but I saw a rare crack,' chief priest
      Masahiro Higashi said."
      (Editor's Note: In Shinto, when a crack appears on the
      porridge's surface during the divination ceremony, it is
      considered the portent of an earthquake.)
      "'But be careful and be prepared for an earthquake,'
      Higashi warned in a televised appearance on March 15."
      "'I think people were surprised to see the prediction
      come true, but I myself was also surprised,' he said."
      On Sunday, March 20, 2005, "a severe quake, which
      measured 7.0 on the Richter scale, killed one woman,
      injured hundreds and destroyed more than 600 houses on
      Kyushu." The quake's epicenter was just offshore from
      Genkai-jima, a small island just west of Kyushu. (See
      Asahi Shimbun for March 21, 2005, "Rice porridge ritual
      predicted Japan's quake." Many thanks to Angela Tarohachi
      and Kimiyo Kitamura for this newspaper article. For more
      on the earthquake, see UFO Roundup, volume 10, number 12
      for March 23, 2005, "Powerful earthquake strikes southern
      Japan," page 14.)


      "A strong weather pattern that moved through South
      San Francisco" in California on Sunday, March 20, 2005,
      "was determined to be a tornado, meteorologists said."
      "Meteorologists initially said strong winds were
      caused by a funnel cloud. But during a press conference
      Tuesday," March 22, 2005, they said wind speeds roughly 70
      to 110 miles per hour (112 to 176 kilometers per hour)
      made the weather a tornado of 'moderate strength,'" i.e.
      an F3 on the Fujikawa scale.
      "'To have a tornado in the Bay Area isn't exceedingly
      rare but it is infrequent,' said Warren Blier, a senior
      officer with the National Weather Service in Monterey,
      Cal. (population 29,674). Blier added that tornadoes
      usually hit unpopulated areas in the Bay Area."
      (Editor's Comment: Don't bet the rent money on that. An
      F3 could do a lot of damage on Sacramento Street, going
      uphill from the Embarcadero to Lafayette Park.)
      "The difference between a funnel cloud and a tornado,
      Blier said, is that during a tornado, strong winds will
      touch the ground."
      "The whirling cloud was spotted Sunday," March 20,
      2005, "at 3:40 p.m., just west of the city. It appeared
      in the middle of a heavy thunderstorm with blue-black
      skies and hail."
      "The tornado moved over the Westborough Hills and
      bounded over Interstate (Highway) 280."
      "After wreaking havoc in an industrial park and
      residential area close to downtown San Francisco, the
      tornado raced northeast and eventually disappeared over
      San Francisco Bay about 4 p.m."
      "At least 20 homes and 20 businesses, including the
      city's new fire station, were damaged. The tornado also
      uprooted trees and triggered gas leaks." (See the San
      Francisco Chronicle for March 21, 2005, "Strong South San
      Francisco weather determined to be tornado." Many thanks
      to Tiffany Burton for this newspaper article.)


      Authorities in Bangladesh "deployed army troops to
      build temporary shelters for thousands left homeless by
      two tornadoes that tore through northern Bangladesh, with
      the death toll now at 39, officials said Tuesday," March
      22, 2005.
      "The tornadoes started simultaneously on Sunday,"
      March 20, 2005, "blowing away thousands of flimsy huts and
      leaving nearly 15,000 people homeless in northern
      Gaibandhi and Rangpur districts."
      Located on the Indian subcontinent, Bangladesh often
      has tropical storms, but these tornadoes, estimated to be
      F4 on the Fujikawa scale, arrived at least a month early
      this year.
      "Two more bodies were discovered" late Monday, March
      21, 2005, "in Gaibandhi, 200 kilometers (120 miles) north
      of the (national) capital, Dhaka, bringing the death toll
      to 35, said local administrator Tapan Majumder."
      "A second tornado swept through the neighbouring
      Rangpur district, killing at least four people and
      injuring about 200, police said."
      "Many families huddled around the remnants of their
      houses or under open skies, with little food or water,
      witnesses said."
      "The (Bangladeshi) Disaster Management Ministry sent
      emergency supplies, including rice, biscuits and building
      materials to the tornado-hit areas, the government said."
      "Army and paramilitary troops have been dispatched to
      help afflicted villages to build temporary shelters,
      officials said."
      "In the worst-affected village of Khamar Doshalia in
      Gaibandha district, many have lost their houses, cattle
      and crops, local journalist Afroza Siddique reported."
      "The village lost at least 23 people, local
      administrator Saifullahil Azam said. Almost all of the
      village's 900 homes were destroyed."
      "Last April (2004), tornadoes in northern Netrakona
      district killed about 74 people and injured nearly 1,000
      others, authorities said." (See The Scotsman for March
      22, 2005, "Tornado toll 39 in Bangladesh.")


      On Tuesday, March 15, 2005, at 7:45 p.m., two people
      saw a luminous UFO in Spotsylvania, Virginia (population
      600), a small town on Route 208 approximately 48 miles (77
      kilometers) north of Richmond, the state capital.
      One witness reported, "I have observed the same
      flying object I have reported here (previously)--the same
      object as in January and February (2005). On March 15 at
      approximately 7:45 p.m., at a distance of about 5 to 9
      miles (8 to 14 kilometers) on the skyline just above the
      horizon. I was looking northwest, and this is where they
      have always been seen."
      "I had a digital camera with a 6X zoom 4.9
      megapixels. I have one other witness who saw what I saw--
      my 14-year-old daughter."
      "Unknown why they are here. They are definitely not
      a plane as they are too close together and hovering for
      the amount of time that they are seen. I am wondering why
      nobody else has seen this strange occurrence. I was 7
      miles (11 kilometers) west of Interstate Highway I-95. I
      was facing northwest toward the direction of Orange
      County, Virginia and Culpeper, Virginia (population 9,664)
      when the sighting occurred." (Many thanks to Canadian
      ufologist Brian Vike for this report.)


      On Sunday, March 6, 2005, in the early evening, Rocky
      A. "was driving along the Estrella Parkway in Goodyear,
      Arizona (population 18,911)" and "off to the right I saw a
      strange light moving slowly above the (Sierra Estrella)
      mountains. I really couldn't tell what it was. It looked
      like a large satellite."
      "When we got home, I stepped out on the driveway, and
      the UFO was right in front of us. (Me and my friend--
      R.A.) It was off to the far west like it was heading to
      the Pacific Ocean. It looked like a satellite but about
      two times bigger. It moved methodically through the night
      and had a half-circle with two metallic-like legs
      attached, slanted on the bottom. It had green, purple and
      blue lights on the rim that looked like Christmas lights
      but with a large red pulsating light in the middle. At
      first this was a large, pulsating, bright red light, then
      it became a white light, then back to red, then white
      again, and so on."
      "I'd say it was 10,000 feet (3,000 meters) in the
      air. We had it in view for about 45 minutes, then it
      disappeared behind the western horizon." (Email Form


      "Dead jumbo squid are again mysteriously washing
      ashore along Orange County's coastline" in southern
      California, "baffling scientists who are trying to find
      out why."
      "The Ocean Institute in Dana Point, Cal. has
      conducted some of the research, shipping specimens to the
      Santa Barbara Museum of Natural History and Stanford
      University for further study."
      "Scientists at the Institute this week dissected a 5-
      foot (1.5-meter) long, 15-pound female Humboldt squid that
      was filled with parasites and sand. More than 100 squid
      have been spotted since Sunday," March 13, 2005, "between
      Dana Point and San Clemente."
      "Still there are no answers."
      "'We still don't know what is killing them,' said
      Linda Blanchard, director of the Ocean Institute, who has
      dissected about a dozen squid since the first one washed
      ashore in January (2005). 'All we have right now are
      "Scientists believe the squid are swimming north from
      Mexico to follow food sources, forcing them to come closer
      to the surface and the shore. Squid usually live and hunt
      3,000 feet (900 meters) below the water's surface."
      "Eric Hochberg, director of invertebrate zoology at
      the Santa Barbara Museum of Natural History, said an
      active fishing industry in Mexico may be depleting the
      squid's diet, forcing them to migrate to southern
      "He said the squid possibly are discombobulated by
      sand clawed up by tides."
      "Even if scientists cannot discover why the squid are
      moving ashore, they hope to learn about the mollusks'
      diet, where they spawn and the biology of their births."
      "In January (2005), about 1,500 Humboldt squid washed
      up on the Orange County coastline about a week after an
      oil spill from an undetermined source killed more than
      1,000 birds off the Southern California coast. The squid
      were found on the sands of Laguna Beach, Newport Beach and
      Crystal Cove State Park. Some were spotted in northern
      San Diego County and at San Onofre State Beach." (See the
      Los Angeles Times for March 18, 2005, "Dead squid wash up
      in California again." Many thanks to Terry Duckworth, the
      "Archimagos Maximus of Tsathoggua" for this newspaper


      A 16-year-old boy gunned down eight people and then
      shot himself in what was the worst outbreak of school
      violence since Columbine six years ago.
      "A high school student went on a shooting rampage" at
      the Red Lake Indian Reservation in northern Minnesota on
      Monday, March 21, 2005, "killing his grandparents at their
      home and seven people at his school, grinning and waving
      as he fired, authorities and witnesses said."
      "Students pleaded with the gunman," Jeff Weise, 16,
      of Red Lake, Minn. (population 1,889), "to stop shooting,
      witnesses said."
      "'You could hear a girl saying, 'No, Jeff, quit,
      quit. Leave me alone. What are you doing?' Sondra
      Hegstrom told" the Bemidji, Minn. Pioneer.
      The mayhem began at 2:50 p.m. when Jeff Weise drove
      up to his grandfather's house in the Back of Town section
      of Red Lake. He reportedly argued with his grandfather,
      Sgt. Daryl Lussier, 58, of the Red Lake police for several
      minutes, then drew a .22 caliber target pistol and shot
      the older man dead. Weise then shot his grandfather's
      live-in companion, Michelle Sigana, 32, a newly-hired
      cashier at the Seven Clans Casino in Thief River Falls,
      Minn. (population 8,410)."
      (Editor's Note: Thief River Falls was the hometown of
      Brynne Hartman, 40, the wife of TV comedian Phil Hartman,
      who shot her husband and then herself in Hollywood in
      "Weise put on Lussier's bulletproof vest and took his
      service weapons, a 12- gauge shotgun and a .40 caliber
      pistol." He then climbed into his grandfather's white Red
      Lake police cruiser and drove to Red Lake High School.
      Seeing the white cruiser pull up under the awning at
      the school's entrance, security guards Derrick Brun, 28,
      and Leann Grant, 22, went to investigate. Neither guard
      was armed. Brun had gone through the Bureau of Indian
      Affairs (BIA) police training course in New Mexico but was
      forced to withdraw from the program prior to graduation
      because of a back injury. He went to work as a security
      guard at the school in September 2004 and was studying
      nights to become an emergency medical technician.
      Brun, who knew Weise had been suspended from the
      school, reportedly told the youth, "You know you're not
      supposed to be in here, Jeff." Weise then shot the
      security guard twice.
      "Leann Grant was able to escape down the hall, taking
      students with her." Weise started down the hall after
      them. He then saw "teacher Neva Winnecoup Rogers and some
      students." Mrs. Rogers, 62, was an English teacher and
      the adviser to the yearbook and the student newspaper.
      "'We didn't know it was gunshots at first. I could
      hear my friends screaming,' said Ashley Morrison, 17,
      clinging to her mother, Wendy Johnson, in the lobby of the
      North Country Memorial Hospital on Tuesday," March 22,
      "Morrison, 17, said she saw Jeff Weise walk past her
      classroom at Red Lake High School on Monday afternoon,"
      March 21, 2005. "He wore a long dark trench coat and was
      armed with a shotgun."
      "Students scrambled under desks."
      "Suddenly, Weise was at Morrison's classroom door."
      "'He was trying to get in. He started banging on the
      door,' Morrison said, 'I didn't know if I was going to be
      a target...I thought he might have shot me because I have
      a lot of friends.'"
      "She called her mother on a cell phone."
      "'She was screaming and crying, 'He's at the door.
      He is going to shoot me. Come get me,' Johnson (Ashley's
      mother--J.T.) said."
      Seeing Weise approach, "Neva Winnecoup-Rogers, 62,
      hustled some students into the classroom and locked the
      door to escape bullets ricocheting down the hall."
      "But Weise 'shot out the window, reached in and
      unlocked it,' said Karla Lajeunesse, whose daughter,
      Ashley, 15, was huddled inside the classroom but lived to
      describe the ordeal."
      "'Jeff is going to kill me; Jeff is going to shoot
      me,' Winnecoup-Rogers yelled before she was struck down,
      Ashley Lajeunesse told her mother."
      "Ashley Lajeunesse was sharpening her pencil when
      Weise barged into the classroom, and another student,
      Chase Albert Lussier, 15, yelled for Ashley to dive under
      the desk."
      "'Chase got shot and Ashley laid down on him and
      pretended she was dead,' Karla Lajeunesse said."
      The other dead students were identified as Thurlene
      Marie Stillday, 15, of Ponemah, Minn.; Chanelle Rosebear,
      15, of Red Lake, Minn.; Alicia Alberta White, 14, of
      Redby, Minn.; and Dwayne Lewis, 15, of Red Lake, Minn.
      "Four (Red Lake) police officers entered the school.
      Weise fired on them. One of the officers returned fire.
      Weise returned to the math classroom and shot himself in
      the head."
      "When the shooting stopped, students were evacuated
      from the school through the front door. 'I was running,
      and there were blood trails,' (Ashley) Morrison said."
      "Outside of the school, teens scrambled to find
      relatives and friends."
      "'We were all screaming. We ran out. 'Where's my
      cousin? Where's my brother?' Morrison said."
      "Officials at North Country said six shooting victims
      arrived at the emergency room between 4:22 p.m. and 4:50
      p.m. Monday. Hospital staff had advance warning and had
      surgeons, emergency room doctors and staff waiting."
      "Two victims, both with head wounds, were airlifted
      to Fargo (North Dakota) for surgery. A third victim died
      in the emergency room at North Country."
      "Ryan Auginash and Lance Crowe were two of the
      victims hospitalized at North Country."
      "Auginash, 14, was shot in the chest, piercing his
      lung. Auginash, a freshman at Red Lake High, told his
      family he was in class when he heard gunshots and
      hollering. He entered the hallway and was confronted by
      the shooter," Jeff Weise.
      "'The shooter came around the corner and pointed a
      gun,' said Andrew Auginash, relaying his brother's
      "Ryan Auginash felt the wind being knocked out of his
      chest and realized he had been shot."
      "'He's pretty scared,' said Andrew Auginash, 'He
      doesn't want to go back to public school.'"
      "Crowe, 15, was in the classroom the gunman entered,
      said his grandmother Margaret Crowe. Lance Crowe was shot
      in the wrist as he tried to cover his face and shrapnel
      (bullet fragments--J.T.) struck his chest,' she said."
      "'He would have probably gotten shot in the head but
      he put his hand up,' Margaret Crowe said. The boy was
      shot at close range."
      "'He had powder burns on his neck and back,' Margaret
      Crowe said."
      "'He saw his teacher (Mrs. Rogers) get shot twice.
      He watched his best friend get shot,' Margaret Crowe
      There are four buildings on the campus. The gunfire
      was also heard by students in the Middle School, which is
      right behind the High School. "At the time of the
      shooting, all principals of the Red Lake School District
      schools were in a School Board budget hearing."
      The Red Lake Indian Reservation is about the size of
      the state of Rhode Island and is located 240 miles (384
      kilometers) northwest of Minneapolis. It is a sovereign
      nation of the Anishinabe indigenous people (also known as
      the Chippewa Indians--J.T.). Red Lake High School has an
      enrollment of 300 students.
      Already the first of the "copycats" has appeared. In
      Spokane, Washington state (population 195,629), "A high
      school student arrested for bringing a loaded gun to his
      former school allegedly planned to kill a teacher and
      himself. The 14-year-old was arrested and booked into
      juvenile detention for investigation of first-degree
      attempted murder. Police say he told investigators he was
      partly motivated by the recent deadly shootings in
      Minnesota." (See the Minneapolis, Minn. Star-Tribune for
      March 23, 2005, "Every piece but 'why?'," and "Troubled
      teen plotted fatal attack, official says," page A1; "Shots
      kept getting closer," page A8; the Duluth, Minn. News-
      Tribune for March 22, 2005, "Red Lake reels after
      rampage," page 1A, and "Shooting--Eight at school, two
      others dead," page 4A; the Duluth, Minn. News-Tribune for
      March 23, 2005, "Ten minutes of terror," page 1A, and
      "Officers traded shots with gunman before, they say, he
      shot himself," page 4A; USA Today for March 22, 2005,
      "School gunman kills 9," page 1 A; USA Today for March 23,
      2005, "Red Lake community shaken by 'darkest day,' page
      4A; and USA Today for March 28, 2005, "Across the USA:
      Washington," page 11A.)


      Jeffrey Weise, the 16-year-old shooter in last week's
      high school massacre, was a mystery to his neighbors at
      the close-knit Red Lake Indian Reservation in northern
      "On a sparsely-populated reservation where everybody
      knows everybody, few seemed to know Weise and fewer still
      claimed to know him well."
      "'He was a Goth,' said Allan Mosay, 14, who saw Weise
      occasionally on the Red Lake reservation (population
      1,889) but didn't really know the 16-year-old, who
      affected the black fashion, musical tastes and often dark
      moods of the outsider subculture."
      "'He had no friends,' Mosay said, 'He didn't
      "'I knew Jeff when he was 4 or 5 years old,' said
      Delan Steven Omen, 42, who said he was the best man at the
      wedding of Weise's parents. 'His family used to live in
      the neighborhood where I lived. But I haven't really seen
      him since then.'"
      "Sharon Garrigan, 62, a Head Start teacher on the
      reservation for 39 years, smiles at adults on the
      reservation and remembers when they were little. 'But I
      can't remember him,' she said of Weise."
      "Sondra Hegstrom, who said she had classes with
      Weise, said he was quiet and 'never said anything.' He
      was teased--'terrorized,' she said--by people
      who thought he was weird."
      "He often wore 'a big old black trenchcoat,' she
      said, and drew pictures of skeletons. 'He talked about
      death all the time.'"
      "A couple of his friends had said he was suicidal,
      she said. They quoted him as saying once, 'That would be
      cool if I shot up the school.'"
      "The friends dismissed it as talk, Hegstrom said."
      "But Willy May, 18, who knew Weise from school, said
      people shouldn't have been surprised."
      "'He fits the profile of a Columbine shooter, man,'
      he said."
      "May said Weise always wore combat boots 'with red
      shoelaces,' similar to those of the shooters," Eric Harris
      and Dylan Klebold, "at the Columbine High School" in April
      "May also said that 'a while back,' Weise 'got
      blamed' for phoning in bomb threats at the school."
      May's statement was confirmed by a posting Weise had
      made to a National Socialist Web site. In April 2004,
      someone phoned in bomb threats to Red Lake High School.
      Complaining to the Web site, Weise wrote, "By the way, I'm
      being blamed for a threat on the school I attend because
      someone said they were going to shoot up the school on
      April 20, Hitler's birthday, and just because I claim
      being a National Socialist, guess whom they've punished?"
      In early May 2004, Weise wrote again to the Web site,
      reporting, "The school threat passed, and I was cleared as
      a suspect. I'm glad for that."
      "And there appeared to be few limits on the hours
      Weise spent online. Time-dated entries to the forum the
      teen frequented show him making lengthy posts at all hours
      of the day...12:09 a.m., 2:43 p.m., 11:33 a.m., 2:27 a.m.
      and 4:39 a.m."
      "Weise was a frequent visitor to an Internet forum
      called 'Rise of the Dead,' a site where people collaborate
      to write stories about zombies. Writing under the names
      'Blades11,' he wrote this in his autobiographical profile,
      "I'm a fan of zombie films, have been for years, as well
      as a fan of horror movies in general. I like to write
      horror stories, read about Nazi Germany and history, and
      someday plan on moving out of the U.S."
      Weise was also frank in his admiration of Nazism. In
      May 2004, he wrote, "You encounter a lot of hostility when
      you claim to be a National Socialist, but because of my
      size and appearance people don't give me as much trouble
      as they would if I looked weak. I already had a fistfight
      with a communist not long ago over me being what I am (I
      also won), but it was worth it."
      "Weise, writing under the pen names Todesengel
      (German for Angel of Death --J.T.) or NativeNazi, appeared
      to do most of his online writing at www.nazi.org, the Web
      site maintained by a group calling itself the Libertarian
      National Socialist Green Party."
      "On the site, the group states it believes in 'a
      resurrection of traditional values' and that it is a
      'think tank for environmentalist and nationalist ideals."
      (Editor's Comment: This group appears to lean more toward
      the esoteric Nazism of Savitri Devi and Miguel Serrano
      than the Aryan supremacy of Hitler's Nazi party.)
      "Family member Lorene Gurneau said that despite those
      issues, there were no harbingers of Monday's horror."
      "As she spoke about Weise, she remembered a young boy
      raised in Minneapolis who played alone. When Gurneau and
      her children--who were about six years older than Weise,
      would visit the boy and his mother Joanne, he would close
      himself in his room."
      "Gurneau attributes some of Weise's troubles to his
      beleaguered life."
      Weise's grandfather, and the first to die in the
      massacre, was Sgt. Daryl Lussier, nickname "Dash," a
      highly-decorated officer of the Red Lake police.
      "Lussier, 58, joined the Bureau of Indian Affairs police
      force in the mid-1970s. 'He lived his whole life here on
      the reservation, with his brothers, sisters and
      grandkids,' said Pat Mills, the reservation public safety
      director who was Lussier's boss. 'He was an easygoing guy
      who got along with everyone.'"
      In 1979, reservation residents who had revolted
      against the tribal council laid siege to the BIA police
      station in Red Lake. Lussier and his partner, Officer Ed
      Naranjo, defended the station for eight hours, while being
      fired at by assailants with high-powered rifles.
      However, Jeff Weise's "father, Daryl Lussier Jr.,
      known to relatives as 'Baby Dash,' committed suicide in
      July 1997 following a police standoff that lasted for more
      than a day, Gurneau said. Not even Lussier's father, Red
      Lake officer Daryl Lussier, could negotiate a peaceful
      "Years later, (Jeff's mother) Joanne Weise suffered
      brain damage in a car accident after she and a friend had
      been drinking, Gurneau said."
      "At 6 feet (1.8 meters) and 250 pounds, Jeff Weise
      was also the target of constant razzing. 'Plus he was
      held back a couple of grades,' Gurneau said."
      "Though school officials refused to comment
      officially on Weise's student status, he apparently left
      school last year for unspecified medical reasons. Since
      his mother's accident, he had lived with his paternal
      On Friday, March 25, 2005, the Washington Post
      reported that Weise "was taking the antidepressant Prozac
      and at least once was hospitalized for suicidal
      tendencies, said Gayle Downwind, a cultural coordinator at
      the Red Lake Middle School who taught Weise. It was not
      uncommon for Weise to spend one night a week at her home."
      "'He considered my home a safe place to be,' she
      said." (See the Minneapolis, Minn. Star-Tribune for March
      23, 2005, "Teen was a mystery in a life full of hardship,"
      page A9; USA Today for March 23, 2005, "Red Lake community
      shaken by darkest day" and "Extent of Columbine's shadow
      hard to determine," page 4A; and the Duluth, Minn. News-
      Tribune for March 23, 2005, "Weise had been barred from
      Red Lake school" and "Officials to examine neo-Nazi
      beliefs," page 5A; and the Washington Post for March 25,


      "A fire outside the apartment of three black
      Pikeville College students was racially motivated and is
      being investigated as a possible hate crime, (Kentucky)
      state police said" on Wednesday, March 9, 2005.
      "A former neighbor, Bobby Gibson, 33, of Red Creek,
      Ky. was arrested Tuesday," March 8, 2005, "and charged
      with arson, said Trooper Scott Hopkins, a spokesman for
      the Kentucky State Police in Pikeville (population
      "The three students, football teammates at the
      college, said they decided to live off-campus in January
      (2005) and rented an apartment on Red Creek Road, about 8
      miles (12 kilometers) south of Pikeville."
      "After they moved in, the students said, Gibson told
      them he didn't want black people around, and they could
      hear him making racial slurs."
      At 2:24 a.m. on Saturday, February 12, 2005, police
      reported, Kurtis Ellison, 21, of Chicago, Ill. was
      returning to the apartment. His roommates, Quinton
      Collins of Waldo, South Carolina and Michael Shepperd of
      Ellenboro, North Carolina, were already inside. The three
      roommates smelled something burning and, going to
      investigate, found a Mason jar with a burning flammable
      liquid set against the building's doorway. The students
      extinguished the blaze and moved back to the campus the
      following day.
      "Gibson also was charged as a persistent felony
      offender and was taken to the Pike County Detention
      Center, jailer Rodney Scott said."
      The Red Creek case had drawn attention as one of a
      series of "occult crimes" that have taken place recently
      in Pikeville. "The age of the suspect, 33, and the use of
      a Mason jar resonated in an odd way with recurrent themes
      in Freemasonry," UFO Roundup editor Joseph Trainor said.
      (See the Louisville, Ky. Courier-Journal for March 10,
      2005, "Pike man charged with arson; police suspect hate
      (Editor's Comment: First Red Creek...then Red
      Lake...what's next? Red River?)


      Four days after the official arrival of spring,
      Massachusetts' notorious "Bridgewater Triangle" got buried
      in yet another snowstorm.
      "The early spring storm that swept through southern
      New England late Wednesday and early Thursday," March 23
      and 24, 2005, "left behind between 2 and 9 inches (5 and
      22.5 centimeters) of snow."
      Taunton, Mass. (population 55,976) received 6 inches
      (15 centimeters), boosting this season's snowfall total to
      the highest in the city's history. Taunton is at the
      heart of the Bridgewater Triangle, the points of which are
      the towns of Abington, Rehoboth and Freetown.
      The new snow brings Taunton's total for the winter of
      2004-2005 to 100 inches (250 centimeters), exceeding the
      previous seasonal record for the city which was 73 inches
      (182 centimeters) in 2002-2003.
      The heaviest snowfall was in nearby Rhode Island,
      however. "The National Weather Service said that,
      according to unofficial observations, the highest snowfall
      was recorded in Foster, R.I., which measured 9 inches
      (22.5 centimeters)."
      (Editor's Note: Foster appears in H.P. Lovecraft's short
      story, "The Horror at Red Hook," published in Weird Tales
      back in the 1920s.)
      Taunton's neighboring town, "Rehoboth got 4 or 5
      inches," UFO Roundup correspondent Mary Lou Jones-Drown
      reported, "It was heavy, wet 'heart attack' snow. But
      when the sun came out afterwards, the temperature jumped
      up into the 50s, and now everything is mud. Hopefully,
      this is the end of the snow for us."
      "Some schools in Rhode Island and Massachusetts had
      delayed going in or closed on Thursday," March 24, 2005.
      "Parking bans were put in effect in several communities.
      People with heart or respiratory problems should be very
      careful about removing the heavy, wet snow." (See the
      Providence, R.I. WJAR-TV Channel 10 news broadcast for
      March 24, 2005. Many thanks to Mary Lou Jones-Drown for
      this report.)


      Rising tensions between Arizona citizens and the
      Mexican government of President Vicente Fox are coming
      perilously close to an outbreak of violence.
      Fed up with the never-ending tide of Mexican
      immigration to the north, several Arizona groups have
      formed the Minute Men Project, a militia designed to
      assist the U.S. Border Patrol in turning back illegal
      immigrants. Mexican consular officials in the USA have
      stated that they will seek court action against the New
      Minute Men.
      On Friday, March 25, 2005, CNN quoted President
      George W. Bush as calling the Arizona volunteers
      "vigilantes," something President Fox of Mexico had called
      them previously.
      On Saturday, March 26, 2005, the Times of India
      reported, "President Bush has authorized President Fox of
      Mexico to use military force against U.S. citizens and on
      American soil. There are not enough U.S. forces currently
      available to control the growing citizens' militia
      movement in Arizona."
      "Practically unknown to the American people is the
      citizens' effort called the Minute Man Project, which has
      gathered thousands of volunteers, from all over the
      country, in an effort to protect their southern border
      from the continuing invasion. Some reports have estimated
      it to be as high as 11 million, according to the MSNBC
      news service," the Times of India reported.
      The USA's "undocumented immigrant population surged
      to 10.3 million last year (2004) and started largely in
      2000 with the arrival of unauthorized Mexicans to the
      A few days earlier, Mexico announced that it would be
      sending 6,400 more troops into its northern state of
      Sonora, which borders the USA's state of Arizona.
      "To keep up the fight against drug smugglers, Mexico
      is mobilizing 6,400 soldiers next week. The troops will
      be heading to the northern states to do battle in a drug
      war that has cost 200 people their lives."
      In Sonora state, the Mexican Army has set up a
      command post in the state capital, Hermosillo.
      Approximately 1,600 of the new troops will be sent to
      Caborca, La Joya and Alamos, on the border with the state
      of Sinaloa.
      "A representative of the Sonora state government,
      based in Arizona, says the additional soldiers will
      supplement Mexican Army troops already based in different
      cities throughout the state. These soldiers will work
      with the (Mexican) Federal Attorney General's Office.
      They'll be destroying marijuana crops in northern Sonora
      and launching operations against desert runways that drug
      traffickers use to fly into southern Arizona."
      Reservation officials of the Tohono O'Odham Nation in
      southern Arizona are having talks with the New Minute Men
      about the possibility of joint patrols along the
      USA/Mexico border south of Gu Vo, Vamori and San Miguel.
      (Editor's Note: The Tohono O'Odham indigenous people were
      once called the Pima Indians.)
      "I am aware of Mexican military incursions into the
      U.S." on the reservation, one source reported, "In one of
      these incursions, the village of San Pedro was sealed off
      by the Mexican Army for three days, probably to protect a
      large drug shipment. I know that many folks of many
      nationalities are coming across the border, mainly on the
      Tohono O'Odham Indian reservation. Many of the folks who
      make their money as 'coyotes' (over-the-border guides--
      J.T.), either for illegals or drugs, have told me
      personally of Orientals and Middle Eastern types being
      among the border-crossers they've escorted."
      "I have had first-hand reports of Chinese military
      maneuvers in the Naco area across the border from Douglas,
      Arizona (population 14,312)," he added.
      (Editor's Note: Naco is on the Sonora side of the border
      approximately 15 miles (25 kilometers) south of Bisbee,
      For years there have been strange rumors coming out
      of that area but only recently has the rhetorical heat
      reached a boiling point. Frank Running Elk, our First
      Nations correspondent, told UFO Roundup what he's heard on
      "the Rez grapevine."
      Immigrants "are coming across by the hundreds.
      They're using the reservation as a highway. Some Tohono
      O'Odham guys--ex-Marine Recon who served in Desert Storm--
      conducted their own little LRRP (Long Range Reconnaissance
      Patrol--J.T.) down into Sonora. They came back with some
      interesting stories. Tanks and armored vehicles--lots of
      them. Some were painted in desert camo. They didn't know
      whose--it sure wasn't NATO's. The rest were white with
      the black letters UN on the skirt."
      Correspondent Dolores Echevarria, who lives in Texas,
      had "more of a third- or fourth-hand story, but I thought
      you might be interested. A schoolteacher and her family"
      from Texas "went down to Mexico for winter vacation. They
      went to Guaymas. They took the bus out to Punta Narizon
      to look for whales, and they saw something strange. It
      was a ship, and it was on the beach, oh, about 3
      kilometers (2 miles) east of Empalme. It was on the
      beach, and the front part (bow--J.T.) was open. They saw
      a couple of big white tanks come out. Then what looked
      like white armored cars came out. They all went up into
      the hills, and the family didn't see them any more. The
      teacher thought it was strange because Guaymas has good
      harbor facilities, so why were those vehicles being put
      ashore on that deserted beach?"
      Col. Farrell, who says he "still has contacts in the
      intelligence community," claims that UN Secretary-General
      Kofi Annan has set up a new United Nations base at Punta
      Salsipuedes, 32 kilometers (20 miles) south of Tijuana, in
      Mexico's state of Baja California Norte, adding, "There
      are primarily 20,000 Chinese soldiers in uniform at this
      "Six years ago, in the months preceding Y2K, UFO
      Roundup received all kinds of reports about preparations
      for martial law. The most common of these were reports of
      eighteen-wheeler trucks being stopped and the interior
      loaded with yellow 'martial law' signs," editor Joseph
      Trainor said, "At the time, there were also stories about
      UN activities in Mexico, and I got an unusual report from
      a Brazilian Army officer, who had apparently read our 1996
      articles about the Varginha case."
      "Anyway, in 1997, Capt. Ramos Ferreira claimed, he
      was assigned to Brazil's diplomatic mission at the United
      Nations in New York City. He sat in on meetings of the UN
      Military Subcommittee on Peacekeeping Operations. At each
      meeting, the officers, who comprised representatives from
      the armies of many UN member states, were tasked with
      coming up with a UN peacekeeping response to a crisis
      scenario. This particular meeting had two chairmen, a
      Russian colonel and an Israeli colonel, and the task was
      to come up with a plan to quell violence in southern
      Arizona. Ramos Ferreira was intrigued by the fact that no
      American military personnel were present at the meeting."
      "At the end of the day-long session, the officers
      presented their alternate plans. These were soon boiled
      down to a single 'response,' of which the captain
      presented a summary:"
      "(A) Following a vote by the UN Security Council, two
      UN armored task forces cross the border into Arizona.
      Task Force Hammarskjold (TFH) crosses at a point 10
      kilometers (6 miles) east of Lukeville, Arizona. Task
      Force U Thant (TFUT) crosses at Bisbee Junction, Arizona."
      "(B) Day One: TFH sweeps through the Tohono O'Odham
      reservation, up the dirt road to Gu Vo, then on to
      Schuchuli, bursts out of the reservation and takes Ajo
      (population 3,705). Meanwhile, TFUT takes Bisbee
      (population 6,090), bypasses Fort Huachuca and Sierra
      Vista, takes Tombstone (population 1,504) and finishes the
      day by taking Benson (population 4,711)."
      "(C) Day Two: TFH races up Highway 85, taking the
      vital junction at Gila Bend (population 1,980), then north
      again on Highway 85 to Buckeye (population 6,537), then
      northeast across the desert, cutting Highway 60 at
      Wittmann (population 1,000). Then a final dash east to
      capture the Carl Pleasant Dam. Operational success hinges
      on reaching Wittmann in the first 48 hours."
      "In the east, bypassing Tucson, TFUT drives north,
      taking Redington, San Manuel and Oracle in quick
      succession. By late morning, TFUT sweeps north on Highway
      79 and launches a full-scale assault on Florence
      (population 17,054). Like Wittmann, Florence must be
      taken in the first 48 hours."
      "(D) Day Three: TFH captures Cave Creek (population
      3,728) and drives southeast. TFUT takes Apache Junction
      (population 31,814) and drives northwest. The UN task
      forces link up at Fountain Hills (population 20,235).
      Three million Americans in the 'Phoenix Pocket' are now
      prisoners of war."
      "During the question-and-answer period, Capt. Ramos
      Ferreira told the chairmen that the scenario was
      'unrealistic.' If there was unrest on the USA-Mexico
      border, it would more likely happen in Texas. The Russian
      colonel then commented that Texas was 'too hard a walnut
      to crack.' Too many guns, he said. The Israeli colonel
      said a Mossad survey had discovered that the average
      household in Texas had six guns. Not only that, but one
      out of every five gunowners in Texas has reloading
      equipment and enough lead and chemicals to manufacture his
      own ammunition for at least two, perhaps three months.
      'Besides,' the Israeli colonel said, 'There is no
      indication the goyim in Texas would obey an order to lay
      down their arms, even if it came from their president.'"
      "'What makes you think the situation would be
      different in Arizona?' Capt. Ramos Ferreira asked."
      "'The Arizona goyim are city dwellers,' the Israeli
      colonel said, with a trace of contempt. 'Unused to
      hardship. Shut off their water and their television and
      their air-conditioning, and they will soon submit to UN
      "When the meeting finally broke up, Capt. Ramos
      Ferreira wondered cynically what the committee did on the
      days no Brazilians were present. Were they also planning
      the occupation of Bahia, Sao Paulo and Rio de Janeiro?
      Who could say?"
      Although we got past March 25, 2005--the Jewish
      festival of Purim --without any renewed warfare, Col.
      Farrell said, "We're not out of the woods yet." He
      pointed out that April 19 is coming up, and it will be the
      tenth anniversary of the bombing of the Murrah Building in
      Oklahoma City.
      "Keep your eyes on Cuba," Col. Farrell said, "The
      U.S. will be giving Cuba 'free trade' status. Three weeks
      after Cuba gets 'free trade,' Israel will attack Iran and
      Syria. Bush will send 670,000 troops to South Korea.
      Everything is going to be shut down in this country (USA).
      There will be no travel."
      Will it happen? Stay tuned! (See the Times of India
      for March 26, 2005, "Mexican military receives U.S.
      permission to quell Arizona militia uprising." Many
      thanks to Krishnari Bai Dharapurnanda, Jeff Logan, Jim
      Danvers, Dolores Echevarria, Frank Running Elk and others
      for these news stories.)


      "The Georgia Guidestones have been part of the
      landscape in Elberton, Georgia (population 4,743) for a
      quarter of a century. Tourists flood to Elberton's 19-
      foot (5.7-meter) tall granite monument, often posing for
      pictures standing beside it."
      Now, "after 25 years, a Christian organization named
      The Resistance is calling for the monument's immediate
      "'The satanic Georgia Guidestones will be destroyed,'
      insists John Conner of The Resistance. 'The Guidestones
      should be smashed into a million pieces and the rubble
      used for a constructive purpose.'"
      (Editor's Note: Here's what's strange about the leader's
      name. "John Conner" is the name of the Twenty-first
      Century American liberator who saves humanity from the
      killer robots in the three Terminator movies.)
      "The notion of bashing the monument into smithereens
      for construction scrap has a certain appeal, given the
      hype of how it came to dominate the lovely landscape in
      the first place."
      "The Georgia Guidestones were ordered, constructed
      and paid for in total anonymity."
      "The monument, which has stood since 1980, consists
      of four large stones with ten commandments engraved into
      the surface in eight different languages."
      "Some folks call this 'The Ten Commandments;' others
      a set of New Age golden rules."
      "The first commandment or rule calls on everyone to
      'Maintain humanity under 500,000 in perpetual harmony with
      "A little difficult to achieve considering that the
      current world population tops 6 billion."
      "Other commandments or rules speak of a world court
      and a new universal language."
      "The origin of the Georgia Guidestones is steeped in
      a bizarre mysticism. They were said to be paid for by an
      anonymous man with the unlikely name of 'R.C. Christian'
      back in 1979. Indeed, the name of the donor has remained
      a secret ever since."
      "As folk legend would have it, a certain Mr.
      Christian came to town out of nowhere and just as quickly
      returned to nowhere."
      (Editor's Note: If this sounds familiar, it's the basic
      theme of Charlie Daniels' song, The Devil Went Down to
      Georgia, which features some fine fiddling that would lure
      the Sacketts clean out of the hills.)
      "Elberton, Ga. is self-touted as 'the Granite Capital
      of the World,' leading many to believe the creation of the
      monument was a publicity stunt for the town."
      "Then there's the camp that dismisses the stones as
      the creation of an eccentric environmentalist."
      "Many Christians have seen the Georgia Guidestones as
      the New World Order's Ten Commandments of the type already
      written up by United Nations Poster Boy, Maurice E.
      Strong, and former Soviet Union president Mikhail
      Gorbachev, the duo who authored the Earth Charter."
      "Others see the stones as an out-of-the-way monument
      of the occult."
      "Whatever the source for their existence, Conner and
      Company have organized a national campaign for the
      destruction of the stones."
      "Conner is the author of The Resistance Manifesto, a
      publication that exposes Satanic influences in America,
      including the (occult) meaning behind the phrase 'R.C.
      Christian,' the name of the man who paid to have the
      monument erected."
      "The Resistance is a worldwide subculture of
      Christians 'fighting the invasion of privacy from the
      growing New World Order.'"
      "In addition to organizing a national movement for
      the destruction of the Georgia Guidestones, members of The
      Resistance organize to hit the airwaves. They often flood
      the airwaves of call-in radio and television shows on
      topics of interest when they think they can influence the
      direction of the show in their favour."
      "'Power to The Resistance' is both their intention
      and their catch-phrase."
      "According to Conner, he has made a flood of calls to
      numerous programs" and talk show hosts, "including Larry
      King, Bill O'Reilly, Shawn Hannity, Allan Colmes and
      Michael Savage."
      "'People need to remember that the airwaves belong to
      the public and that these corporations have the privilege
      of using them,' said Conner, 'We simply exercise our
      rights to free speech over the airwaves, which we own.'"
      "If you've never had a gander at the Guidestones, you
      can see them by logging in to
      www.TheResistanceManifesto.com, but you'd better log on
      soon as group members insist they are coming down."
      "Meanwhile, stray dogs, cats and coyotes in Elberton,
      Ga. will be looking for some place to leave their
      collective calling cards."
      Elberton is on Georgia Highway 72 about 100 miles
      (160 kilometers) east of Atlanta. (See the Canada Free
      Press for March 22, 2005, "Dismantling the Georgia
      Guidestones." Many thanks to Burt Mayfield for this
      newspaper article.)


      Ernst Zundel, "the outcast ufologist," has been a
      prisoner in Mannheim, Germany since Friday, March 4, 2005.
      Last week, German authorities allowed him to send a letter
      to his wife, Ingrid Rimland-Zundel, at her home in Pigeon
      Forge, Tennessee (population 5,083).
      Zundel was deported from the USA in February 2003 for
      alleged failure to follow immigration procedures. He was
      deported to Canada, where he had lived from 1958 to 1999.
      For two years, he was held incommunicado at the Metro West
      Detention Center in Toronto as an alleged "national
      security threat," before being deported to Germany.
      Canada never made public the reasons for these unusual
      In his letter, Zundel reported, "If I understand the
      (German) judge correctly, while I am still in
      investigative detention, I am not allowed to telephone
      anybody, not even you (Ingrid) or my sister or my boys.
      The kind of lively correspondence I enjoyed in Toronto is
      impossible here for the time being."
      "In Toronto, I received correspondence from Mongolia,
      Egypt, Tahiti and even Reunion, a small island (in the
      Indian Ocean--J.T.) near Madagascar. The letter from
      Mongolia was from a retired businessman, who described how
      he had wanted to produce a (TV) program about my case in
      Seoul (South Korea)."
      Despite his stay in a new prison, Zundel has not lost
      his sense of humor.
      As the Canadian transport jet arrived at Frankfurt
      airport March 3, Zundel looked out the window and "saw
      police cars and Bundesgrenzscutlautos (German armored
      cars--J.T.), blue lights flashing, encircling and
      surrounding the jet from every direction."
      "I was given a piece of paper (prison admittance
      form--J.T.) from JVA-Mannheim," which he was required to
      fill out, "with the following:"
      "Name: Zundel, Ernst"
      "Date of Birth: 24-4-1939 (April 24, 1939--J.T.)"
      "Sex: Male"
      "Religion: None."
      "Family Status: Married."
      "Nationality: German"
      "Profession: None."
      "I tried to write Professional Prisoner, but this was
      not accepted," Zundel added, "Retired didn't work,
      "I spent my first night in a cell at the Mannheim
      police station, a building with a magnificent entry and an
      incredibly hefty wood and iron door, reminiscent of an old
      German castle. Generally, the architecture was wide-
      ranging, and you can easily infer which buildings were
      constructed before World War I and even before the turn of
      the century, 1880 to 1910. This style of architecture is
      very close to my grammar school in the Black Forest, which
      was started in 1898 and finished in 1902. (Zundel was
      raised in a Schwarzwald or Black Forest village on the
      outskirts of Pforzheim--J.T.)."
      "A few points as to my accomodations--my cell--here
      it is called a holding room--is as large as it was in
      Toronto. I have a real toothbrush with a real handle. I
      have regular soap, a wash cloth, towels, my own shower,
      even my own shaving soap, (Just as in my youth, I shave
      cold--E.Z.), and there is a curtain enclosing the toilet.
      It's not like in Toronto or the USA, where there is no
      privacy whatsoever."
      "Lunch is interesting, as well. It is being served,
      again like in the war (World War II--J.T.) in sturdy
      stainless steel containers that keep everything really
      hot--my first hot meal in two years!"
      In the 1970s, Zundel founded Samisdat Publications in
      Canada, which published books on World War II, UFOs and
      holistic health practices. He wrote two books about UFOs
      and the Antarctic Reich: Secret Nazi Polar Expeditions
      (1978) and Hitler at the South Pole (1979). He also
      unsuccessfully attempted to organize a private expedition
      to Antarctica to hunt for Nazi saucers.
      In the 1980s, Zundel was the defendant in two
      sensational trials, 1985 and 1988, in which he was charged
      with violating Canada's hate-crimes law for publishing a
      pamphlet entitled Did Six Million Really Die?
      In the 1990s, the Zundelsite, his personal Web site,
      published articles disputing the claims of Holocaust
      survivors. Germany is currently investigating whether the
      presence of the Zundelsite on the Internet violates their
      statute against the public display of Nazi images or
      literature. (Many thanks to Ingrid Rimland-Zundel for
      providing a copy of her husband's letter.)

      From the UFO Files...


      Lindsay (population 17,638) is a mid-sized town in
      Canada's Ontario province, located on Highway 35 about 50
      miles (80 kilometers) northeast of Toronto. Its main
      claim to Fortean fame is that it was the site of the first
      large flap of black helicopters back in 1974.
      Coverage of the flap was provided by Canada's Res
      Bureaux, led by Mr. X (Yes, boys and girls, that was
      indeed his name--J.T.), and was published in their now-
      defunct Res Bureaux Bulletin.
      "There were two sightings of a UFO in early January
      (1974) near Snow Road Station, Ontario. One witness,
      whose account was filed with the Meteor Centre, described
      it as looking like the bottom portion of a hovercraft with
      two rotors on the top. And the other witness I located
      feels convinced it was a helicopter travelling away from
      her as she couldn't see the tail of it...Both witnesses
      stated that the craft was moving eastward."
      These sightings soon drew the attention of local
      newspapers, in particular, the Lindsay Post. "Later, in
      early March (1974), a series of sightings of a weird
      aerial artifact occurred near the Lake Boshkung area.
      They were said to have four large wings with an overall
      wingspan of 20 feet (6 meters), dark in colour, and with
      lights that appear to change colour."
      "'They were monstrous planes, black in colour and
      shaped like a pollywog,' according to" one witness, Ms.
      Lunham, who "said that they were noiseless, with one
      exception--when one of them appeared to have some
      difficulty taking off and gave off a thump-thump noise.
      It is her belief that they are not from outer space but
      (are) some experimental craft being tested by the U.S. and
      Canadian military."
      "And in her concern, she has written to the
      (Canadian) Minister of National Defence without receiving
      a response."
      "An effort to photograph the lights was made by
      (reporter) Peter Courtney of the Minden Progress, but the
      lights were too dull and moved too fast for any good
      "One description of the UFO was that: 'It looked like
      a helicopter with the tail off.' Markings of a landing
      behind the Lunham residence made several weeks earlier
      were examined; and though they were fairly old, they were
      made up of a V-shaped marking with two pad-like markings
      at right angles to it."
      "Two further sightings were made by a Jerry Gavreau,
      to the south of Lindsay. 'The first...was made when he
      noticed that what he had first taken to be helicopters
      were 'tail-less' while watching them through binoculars;
      and the second was made near Orono when a cigar-shaped
      object passed before him at low level." (See the Lindsay,
      Ont. Post for March 14, March 20, March 27 and April 24,
      1974. See also the Res Bureaux Bulletin No. 1 for 1974,
      pages 10 and 11; and The News--A Miscellany of Fortean
      Curiosities No. 7 for 1974, "Canadian Phantom Copters,"
      page 20. Notes: (1) The News was the forerunner of
      today's Fortean Times. (2) The Res Bureaux also published
      a fine quarterly magazine, Chaos: The Review of the
      Damned. Gone but not forgotten!)

      Well, that's it for this week. Join us in seven days
      for more UFO, Fortean and paranormal news from around the
      planet Earth, brought to you by "the paper that goes home-
      -UFO Roundup." See you next time.

      UFO ROUNDUP: Copyright 2005 by Masinaigan Productions, all
      rights reserved. Readers may post news items from UFO
      Roundup on their Web sites or in news groups provided that
      they credit the newsletter and its editor by name and list
      the date of issue in which the item first appeared.

      E-Mail Reports to: Joseph Trainor <Masinaigan@...>
      or use the Sighting Report Form at:


      Website comments: John Hayes <webmaster@...>

      UFOINFO: http://www.ufoinfo.com

      Official Archives for UFO Roundup, AUFORN Australian
      UFO Reports and Experiences, UFO + PSI Magazine
      plus archives of Humanoid Sighting Reports (Albert
      Rosales), Filer's Files, Oz Files, UFO News UK.
      UFO Roundup is only sent to subscribers.
      If you wish to unsubscribe or feel you have received
      the bulletin in error, please write to:


      With the subject: Unsubscribe UFO Roundup.
    Your message has been successfully submitted and would be delivered to recipients shortly.