[JSE] Where Do We File Flying Saucers? The Archivist and the Uncertainty Principle

    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 8, 2005
      Journal of Scientific Exploration (2001)

      http://www.scientificexploration.org/jse/abstracts/v15n2a8.php

      Volume 15: Number 2: Article 8

      ABSTRACT

      Where Do We File 'Flying Saucers'? The Archivist and the Uncertainty
      Principle

      Hilary Evans, Mary Evans Picture Library, 59 Tranquil Vale, London SE3
      0BS, England

      Anomalies are matters that are not understood. They are mysteries.
      Arguments are carried on about how to explain them. Individuals need not
      plump for any particular interpretation; pundits can speculate at will;
      but those entrusted with archival responsibilities must make decisions:
      artifacts and written commentaries must be put somewhere. The curator of a
      Picture Library illustrates the dilemmas that librarians, museum
      directors, and other archivists cannot avoid.

      museums

      FULL TEXT:

      http://www.scientificexploration.org/jse/articles/pdf/15.2_evans.pdf

      © 1998–2005 Society for Scientific Exploration
    • Peter Johnson
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 8, 2005
        In the "Science" section, NOT YET UNDERSTOOD !

        Peter J
        > Journal of Scientific Exploration (2001)
        >
        > http://www.scientificexploration.org/jse/abstracts/v15n2a8.php
        >
        > Volume 15: Number 2: Article 8
        >
        > ABSTRACT
        >
        > Where Do We File 'Flying Saucers'? The Archivist and the Uncertainty
        > Principle
        >
        > Hilary Evans, Mary Evans Picture Library, 59 Tranquil Vale, London SE3
        > 0BS, England
        >
        > Anomalies are matters that are not understood. They are mysteries.
        > Arguments are carried on about how to explain them. Individuals need not
        > plump for any particular interpretation; pundits can speculate at will;
        > but those entrusted with archival responsibilities must make decisions:
        > artifacts and written commentaries must be put somewhere. The curator of a
        > Picture Library illustrates the dilemmas that librarians, museum
        > directors, and other archivists cannot avoid.

        > museums
        >
        > FULL TEXT:
        >
        > http://www.scientificexploration.org/jse/articles/pdf/15.2_evans.pdf
        >
        > © 1998–2005 Society for Scientific Exploration

        > ufonet-subscribe@yahoogroups.com

        require
        > further investigation.
        >

        > Yahoo! Groups Links

        ---
        Virus Database (VPS): 0509-6, 07/03/2005
        Tested on: 8/03/05 10:11:28 PM