Re: Claim inflames martian life debate

  • Michael Martin
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 3, 2005
      --- In ufonet@yahoogroups.com, "Peter Johnson" <johno@n...> wrote:
      > Joe, it was stated in the below message that
      > "Mars is either extremely geologically active, or harbouring
      colonies of
      > microbial life. But many experts are not yet convinced.
      > DUUUUUUUUUHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
      > It would take a mass landing of extraterestrials at all points of
      the globe
      > to convince some of the "Old WISE scientists" that we are not alone
      in this
      > Univers..ity........ Sometimes "OLD
      > beliefs" die hard. Many younger type up and coming leaders in the
      science
      > field are begining to take a stand against the old "shut up and
      lie, do as
      > we say, keep the peace" attitudes of their teachers.
      >
      > It is becoming increasingly evident that Mars has had and still has
      life on
      > it. Why lie about it ?
      > Let's explore Mars, the Moon and all other near by planets and
      share all the
      > findings with all of us. Of course caution needs to be observed by
      all
      > means...but don't lie about any findings, after all we pay for all
      the
      > studies in the first place, we are their Employer's.
      >
      > Johno

      MM:
      I'd expect more, and more, evidence to be found. In my opinion, Mars
      used to be as lush, as the earth is now. The climate has become much
      colder and drier, so not as much life would be left there. The
      atmosphere of Mars has changed composition, too.

      Michael Martin

    • Peter Johnson
      Message 2 of 5 , Mar 5, 2005
        Right , but untill we actually start proding around in caves and really
        looking for life there...we are just wasting money. Why go to say the Sakara
        desert to find life on Earth...you know what I mean ?

        Peter
        > > Joe, it was stated in the below message that
        > > "Mars is either extremely geologically active, or harbouring
        > colonies of
        > > microbial life. But many experts are not yet convinced.
        > > DUUUUUUUUUHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
        > > It would take a mass landing of extraterestrials at all points of
        > the globe
        > > to convince some of the "Old WISE scientists" that we are not alone
        > in this
        > > Univers..ity........ Sometimes "OLD
        > > beliefs" die hard. Many younger type up and coming leaders in the
        > science
        > > field are begining to take a stand against the old "shut up and
        > lie, do as
        > > we say, keep the peace" attitudes of their teachers.
        > >
        > > It is becoming increasingly evident that Mars has had and still has
        > life on
        > > it. Why lie about it ?
        > > Let's explore Mars, the Moon and all other near by planets and
        > share all the
        > > findings with all of us. Of course caution needs to be observed by
        > all
        > > means...but don't lie about any findings, after all we pay for all
        > the
        > > studies in the first place, we are their Employer's.
        > >
        > > Johno
        >
        > MM:
        > I'd expect more, and more, evidence to be found. In my opinion, Mars
        > used to be as lush, as the earth is now. The climate has become much
        > colder and drier, so not as much life would be left there. The
        > atmosphere of Mars has changed composition, too.
        >
        > Michael Martin

        ---
        Virus Database (VPS): 0509-5, 04/03/2005
        Tested on: 6/03/05 1:50:47 AM
      • Michael Martin
        Message 3 of 5 , Mar 5, 2005
          --- In ufonet@yahoogroups.com, "Peter Johnson" <johno@n...> wrote:
          > Right , but untill we actually start proding around in caves and
          really
          > looking for life there...we are just wasting money. Why go to say
          the Sakara
          > desert to find life on Earth...you know what I mean ?
          >
          > Peter

          MM:
          Good point. That's a good suggestion. I'd suggest to visit the
          Cydonia region. I'm of the opinion, that we might find a lot of
          evidence there, perhaps buried in the dust, or inside those
          structures, which appear to be pyramids, or even a face. I think
          that face, although admittedly, seriously eroded, must have been
          constructed by intelligent beings.

          Michael Martin