Fwd: [UASR]> The Landing at Socorro

    Message 1 of 7 , Feb 18, 2005
      ------- Forwarded message -------
      From: "Terry W. Colvin" <fortean1@...>
      To: "Fort [No Personal Forwards]" <fort@yahoogroups.com>, "Forteana
      /Alternate Orphan/" <forteana@yahoogroups.com>,
      "skeptic@..." <skeptic@...>, "TLC
      Brotherhood" <tlc-brotherhood@...>, "uasr@..."
      <uasr@...>, "UFO UpDates - Toronto"
      <ufoupdates@...>
      Subject: [UASR]> The Landing at Socorro
      Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2005 00:33:06 -0700

      ^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~
      [U A S R]> UFOs-, ALIENs-, SPACE- RESEARCH MAILING LIST <[U A S R]
      ^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~

      _UFO: The Complete Sightings_
      by Peter Brookesmith
      1995
      Barnes & Noble, Inc.
      120 Fifth Avenue
      New York City, NY 10011

      The Landing at Socorro
      pp. 79-81

      Patrolman sees humanoids and mystery craft

      TYPE: Close encounter of the third kind, ground markings
      PLACE: Socorro, New Mexico, USA
      DATE: 24 April 1964

      BACKGROUND

      About six hours after Wilcox's bizarre encounter in New York State, another
      close encounter took place in New Mexico. At roughly 5:45pm local time
      patrolman Lonnie Zamora, on duty in the Socorro Two police cruiser, gave
      chase to a speeding black Chevrolet. The pursuit continued south out of
      town; then Zamora heard a brief roar and saw flame in the sky to his right.
      He knew that there was a shack containing dynamite in the vicinity; he
      thought it had blown up. He abandoned his chase and swung off the highway
      onto a dirt road that led over a ridge and past the shack. The flame --
      blue and orange, smokeless, long and narrow -- was now descending toward
      the ground.

      THE EVENTS

      Zamora drove slowly down the other side of the ridge. The noise had
      stopped
      and the flame had vanished. He suddenly noticed 'a shiny type object to
      [the]
      south' between 100 and 200 yards (90-180m) off the road and below him in a
      gully.
      'It looked,' Zamora told FBI agent J. Arthur Byrnes Jr later the same day,
      'like a car turned upside down... standing on [its] radiator or trunk.'

      Next to the object were 'two people in white coveralls.... One of these
      persons seemed to turn and look straight at my car and seemed startled --
      seemed to quickly jump somewhat.' They seemed 'normal in shape -- but
      possibly they were small adults or large kids.' Zamora radioed Sgt. Sam
      Chavez in Socorro, and approached on foot to within 100ft (30m) of the
      object. He saw it was oval and smooth, with no windows or doors, on
      girder-like legs, and noted red insignia on its side, about 2.5ft (0.75m)
      wide. Then the roar began again, low frequency at first, rising rapidly
      and getting 'very loud.' The object emitted flame and kicked up dust.
      There was no sign of the 'persons' he had seen before.

      Zamora thought the thing might explode, and ran back beyond his car to the
      top of the ridge. The roar stopped, and he looked back to see the UFO
      'going
      away from me in a south-west direction... possibly 10 to 15ft (3-4.5m)
      above
      the ground, and it cleared the dynamite shack by about three feet.' The
      UFO,
      now traveling very fast but no longer emitting either noise or flame, rose
      up
      and sped away. It 'just cleared' a mountain in the distance and
      disappeared.

      ASSESSMENT

      Sgt. Chavez, Zamora, FBI Agent Byrne (in Socorro on another case) and
      Deputy
      Sheriff James Lucky investigated the spot where the UFO had landed, and
      where
      the brush was still burning. They found four burn marks, and four V-shaped
      depressions, between 1 and 2 inches (2.5-5cm) deep and roughly 18 inches
      (0.45m) long, in the ground in an asymmetrical diamond pattern around the
      burns. These corresponded to the 'legs' Zamora had seen on the mystery
      craft. An engineer's analysis later declared that each would have been
      bearing a load of at least one tonne to press so deeply into the dense
      desert earth. Five other, smaller marks nearby were labeled 'footprints'.

      Dr. J. Allen Hynek arrived in Socorro on 28 April to investigate on behalf
      of the USAF's Project Blue Book. At his instigation, the USAF checked --
      to no avail -- if any aerospace company had been privately developing such
      craft. The USAF did not, however, follow up Hynek's request to trace the
      car
      driver who told the manager of a gas station on US Highway 85 (since
      superseded
      by Interstate 25) that he had seen some kind of aircraft just south of
      town,
      in trouble and landing -- and with a police car approaching it.

      Some skeptics have suggested that the mayor of Socorro might have had
      reason
      to perform a hoax, and others have taken the view that although Zamora
      probably
      saw a real 'ball of plasma' he imagined the rest of the experience. The
      USAF
      initially thought a Lunar Exploration Module (LEM) -- then at the
      development
      stage -- was responsible, but no LEM resembles what Zamora saw. Project
      Blue
      Book finally classified the sighting as 'unidentified', while Hynek himself
      concluded that 'a real physical event' occurred in Socorro that day.

      This case had an intriguing postscript two days later. At about 3:00am on
      26 April 1964 a man called Orlando Gallego saw a UFO, identical to the one
      reported by Zamora, land at La Madera, New Mexico. Gallego and his family
      denied all knowledge of the Socorro sighting or of Zamora. Investigating
      police officers found evidence of burning around the alleged landing site,
      and four inexplicable dents in the ground.
    • Geoff Richardson
      Message 2 of 7 , Feb 18, 2005
        From: "Terry W. Colvin" <fortean1@...>
        To: "Fort [No Personal Forwards]" <fort@yahoogroups.com>, "Forteana
        Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2005 00:33:06 -0700

        The incident at Socorro is covered at The WHY? Files
        see http://www.thewhyfiles.net
        see "The Socorro Incident" in the file menu

        or : http://www.thewhyfiles.net/socorro.htm

        This site includes many audio/video files

        Geoff Richardson
      • John Garbarini
        Message 3 of 7 , Feb 19, 2005
          Understood, but, WHY are they here? All the
          information, while convincing, begs the biggest
          question: Why are they here? What are their plans for
          us? Are we their cattle, are we in imminent danger
          from them, do they want to enslave us?
          WHY ARE THEY HERE?
          Thanks-
          John Garbarini

          --- Geoff Richardson <geoff@...>
          wrote:

> [...]

          http://mail.yahoo.com
        • Charles Beach
          Message 4 of 7 , Feb 19, 2005
            Rest easy friend, we will not be cattle to be manipulated by the masters.
            Our ET brothers and sisters are here to help mankind.

          • John Garbarini
            Message 5 of 7 , Feb 20, 2005
              Help us in what way(s)? John G.
              --- Charles Beach <loveandlight@...> wrote:

              > Rest easy friend, we will not be cattle to be
              > manipulated by the masters.
              > Our ET brothers and sisters are here to help
              > mankind.
              >
              > At 10:14 AM 2/19/2005, you wrote:
              >
              > >Understood, but, WHY are they here? All the
              > >information, while convincing, begs the biggest
              > >question: Why are they here? What are their plans
              > for
              > >us? Are we their cattle, are we in imminent danger
              > >from them, do they want to enslave us?
              > > WHY ARE THEY HERE?
              > > Thanks-
              > > John Garbarini
              > >
              > >--- Geoff Richardson <geoff@...>
              > >wrote:

              http://mail.yahoo.com
            • Peter Johnson
              Message 6 of 7 , Feb 22, 2005
                One has to wonder what our civilisation would be without "Them" ?
                > > Rest easy friend, we will not be cattle to be
                > > manipulated by the masters.
                > > Our ET brothers and sisters are here to help
                > > mankind.
                > >
                > > At 10:14 AM 2/19/2005, you wrote:
                > >
                > > >Understood, but, WHY are they here? All the
                > > >information, while convincing, begs the biggest
                > > >question: Why are they here? What are their plans
                > > for
                > > >us? Are we their cattle, are we in imminent danger
                > > >from them, do they want to enslave us?
                > > > WHY ARE THEY HERE?
                > > > Thanks-
                > > > John Garbarini
                > > >
                > > >--- Geoff Richardson <geoff@...>

                ---
                Virus Database (VPS): 0508-0, 21/02/2005
                Tested on: 22/02/05 10:38:04 PM
              • John Garbarini
                Message 7 of 7 , Feb 22, 2005
                  They are the ones who started our civilizations, that
                  is well understood. Great. But, in looking at the
                  ancient civilzations, were there not aspects of these
                  societies where the masses were compelled to become
                  slaves?
                  I know everyone has to work, and work at times feel
                  like slavery, but it seems to me we might be enslaved
                  in the future.
                  When are they coming? I want to wear my best suit,
                  and brush up on my resume, so maybe I can work an
                  office job instead of the mines. JG

                  http://info.mail.yahoo.com/mail_250