Moderation

  • Joe (uuk) McGonagle
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 12, 2005
      I would just like to express my gratitude to Frits Westra, the
      list-owner.

      I also run a list, and it is often difficult to get the balance
      between allowing free speech, and suppressing "nuisance" posts.
      Frits has had to place the list on temporary moderated status to
      help him achieve this, and it was a difficult choice for him to
      make, I'm sure.

      In my opinion, the standard of list postings has improved
      enormously since he made the choice, this appears to be reflected
      in the recovery of membership numbers, and I think he deserves
      everyone's gratitude.

      Joe McGonagle
    • Tom H.
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 12, 2005
        I'll second that.
        I would just like to express my gratitude to Frits Westra, the
        list-owner.

        I also run a list, and it is often difficult to get the balance
        between allowing free speech, and suppressing "nuisance" posts.
        Frits has had to place the list on temporary moderated status to
        help him achieve this, and it was a difficult choice for him to
        make, I'm sure.

        In my opinion, the standard of list postings has improved
        enormously since he made the choice, this appears to be reflected
        in the recovery of membership numbers, and I think he deserves
        everyone's gratitude.

        Joe McGonagle

        ufonet-subscribe@yahoogroups.com

        further investigation.