Loading ...
Sorry, an error occurred while loading the content.

UFO ROUNDUP, Volume 10 Number 6

Expand Messages
  • John Hayes
    Posted on behalf of Joseph Trainor. ========================== UFO ROUNDUP Volume 10, Number 6 February 9, 2005 Editor: Joseph Trainor
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 8, 2005
    • 0 Attachment
      Posted on behalf of Joseph Trainor.


      Volume 10, Number 6
      February 9, 2005
      Editor: Joseph Trainor

      E-mail: Masinaigan@...
      Website: http://www.ufoinfo.com/roundup/


      An earth tremor measuring an estimated 1.3 on the
      Richter scale rattled the west end of Melbourne, one of
      Australia's largest cities, during the early morning hours
      of Tuesday, February 1, 2005. But the shock wasn't
      recorded on any seismographs.
      "A lightning bolt may be behind reports of an earth
      tremor in Melbourne early this morning."
      "The earth may have moved for residents, but experts
      say they did not feel a thing."
      "Geoscience Australia, the national body which
      measures earthquakes, said there was no evidence of an
      earth tremor in Melbourne, despite radio reports of one
      this morning."
      "A spokesman for electrical supplier Powercor said
      the company's theory is that the rumblings, reported to
      have happened about 3:08 a.m., might have something to do
      with a lightning bolt that struck a power pole in Melton,
      in Melbourne's" west end.
      "The lightning blew the 6-meter (20-foot) pole and an
      attached transformer to bits, leaving nothing more than a
      stump, the spokesman said."
      "'If the nature of what's left of our power pole is
      anything to go by--it's stuffed, it's just a stump--then
      it could've been that.'"
      "Asked how the impact could have travelled so far
      across Melbourne, the spokesman said, 'I'm fascinated by
      "Geoscience Australia said it was possible a sonic
      boom caused the shock."
      "Given the large number of residents who reported
      feeling a rumbling shortly after 3 a.m., a Geoscience
      Australia spokesman said it appeared something had
      occurred but no one was sure what."
      "'There's no doubt something happened,' he said."
      "He said a small localised tremor may have occurred,
      affecting about 20 kilometers (12 miles) and measuring
      1.3" on the Richter scale "in magnitude."
      "The shaking also could have been caused by a sonic
      boom from a low-flying, high-speed aircraft."
      However, an Australian "Defence Department spokesman
      said he was unaware if any planes were flying over
      Melbourne last night but would investigate."
      "Bureau of Meteorology senior forecaster Terry Ryan
      said there was no sound of thunder or lightning in
      Melbourne last night."
      "Residents have been calling Melbourne radio stations
      ABC and 3AW, saying they felt a tremor in the middle of
      the night."
      "A 3AW spokesman said the station had received
      'overwhelming' numbers of calls from right across
      Melbourne," the largest city in Australia's Victoria
      state, "to as far southwest as Geelong, Vic." (See the
      Australian newspaper Herald-Sun for February 2, 2005,
      "Bolt may have triggered tremor." Many thanks to Nathan
      Lockhart for this newspaper article.)
      (Editor's Note: The weird tremor was just the beginning
      of Melbourne's problems. Keep reading...)


      A gigantic summer storm packing hurricane-force
      winds, torrential rains and bizarre snowfalls devastated
      southeastern Australia on Wednesday, February 2, 2005.
      The storm appeared without warning. On Tuesday,
      February 1, 2005, at 1:40 p.m., "it was 36 degrees Celsius
      (100 degrees Fahrenheit)," a UFO Roundup reader in
      Melbourne reported, "You could stand in the sun and feel
      your skin sizzling.. Within one-and-a-half hours, it had
      fallen to 23 degrees Celsius (69 degrees Fahrenheit). By
      9 p.m. that night, it was down to 13 degrees Celsius (33
      degrees Fahrenheit. By the end of Wednesday (February 2,
      2005), we had 31 continuous hours of rain, and the
      temperature never topped 13 degrees Celsius."
      According to The Age newspaper, "Melbourne has never
      seen the like of it. A city notorious for its mercurial
      meteorology was brought to a standstill Wednesday by a
      history-making, record-breaking storm."
      "The biggest downpour since records began in 1856
      closed airports and roads, played havoc with public
      transport, cut power to 120,000 homes, dumped summer snow
      on ski resorts."
      "A summer storm low-pressure system dumped something
      like three months' worth of rain on the city in 31 hours.
      The weather bureau reported that the 24-hour rain total at
      9 a.m. yesterday (Wednesday, February 2, 2005) was a
      record 120.2 millimeters (12.0 centimeters or 5 inches--
      J.T.). But it had been raining for seven hours before
      that, drowning the city in almost a quarter--23 percent--
      of its annual rainfall."
      "Police and State Emergency Services (SES) crews
      spent the day searching the swollen Skeleton Creek near
      Hoppers Crossing after reports that a teenaged boy might
      have been swept away. Residents reported hearing a scream
      and seeing a boy clinging to a bridge at Tarneit."
      "'It all happened pretty quickly, there was not much
      that we could do,' said resident Kate Payne, 'One minute
      he was there, and the next he wasn't...that was the last
      we saw of him.'"
      "A 10-year-old girl and a motorist were in hospital
      last night after being seriously injured by falling
      "Healesville girl Stephanie Chamorro is lucky to be
      alive after a 15-meter (50-foot) gum tree crashed through
      the roof of her bedroom, breaking her leg and pinning her
      to the bed. It took SES and County Fire Authority workers
      and hour to free her."
      "At Russ Creek, near Ballarat," 200 kilometers (120
      miles) west of Melbourne in Australia's Victoria state, "a
      man was critically injured when high winds brought a tree
      crashing down on his moving car at about 7 a.m. A Rural
      Ambulance Service (RAS) spokesman said the man was taken
      to Ballarat Base Hospital with critical injuries to his
      head, pelvis and leg."
      "A police helicopter rescued a man and a woman
      trapped by floodwaters at Arthurs Creek, northeast of
      Melbourne. Another person was plucked from a tree amid
      floodwaters at Wattle Creek."
      "The storm also caused transport chaos across
      Melbourne. Police issued an unusual plea for people not
      to come into the city unless it was necessary. Every one
      of the city's 15 train lines was affected by the freak
      conditions. Two lines, Frankston and Sandringham, were
      still experiencing major difficulties on Wednesday night."
      "Both Melbourne and Avalon airports were closed
      because of flooded access roads. The outbound lane of
      Tullamarine Freeway near the airport was turned into a
      long traffic jam. Hundreds of would-be travellers sat in
      their cars as their flights took off without them."
      Mountainous seas were reported in the Bass Strait
      between Melbourne and Australia's island-state of
      Tasmania. "Massive seas about 4 a.m. in the Bass Strait
      force the 194-meter (640-foot carferry) Spirit of Tasmania
      I to turn back to Melbourne halfway through its voyage to
      Devonport" in northern Tasmania.
      The ferry "had to turn back after a great wave blew
      out a window on the ship's bridge. The wave was 12 meters
      (40 feet) above the water's surface."
      In addition, "a 71-year-old sailor was rescued from
      his dismasted yacht in Bass Strait."
      "More than 200,000 Victorians lost electricity as
      winds of more than 100 kilometers per hour (60 miles per
      hour) brought trees down on power lines, said Energy
      Minister Theo Theopharous."
      "The storm also cut a swath through Melbourne's
      beaches, tearing yachts from their moorings and throwing
      them onto beaches. The Kerferd Road pier at Middle Park
      was badly damaged by waves. Port Phillip Council staff
      reported that Middle Park Beach was almost totally washed
      away--several thousand cubic meters of sand disappeared,
      leaving almost none above the high tide mark."
      "The storm also brought February snow to alpine areas
      just days after the resorts were warned about possible
      "Heavy snowfalls were reported at Mount Buller, Mount
      Hotham and Falls Creek. Mount Buller had at least 15
      centimeters (6 inches) of snow, Falls Creek reported about
      12 centimeters (4.5 centimeters) Wednesday morning."
      (Editor's Note: Right now, it's summer in Australia. The
      snowfall at Mount Buller is like getting 6 inches of snow
      in Des Moines, Iowa on August 2.)
      "'It's mid-winter conditions here at the moment,'
      said spokeswoman Debbie Harris, 'It got to 36 degrees (100
      degrees Fahrenheit) in the valley earlier this week and
      overnight it got to minus 1.6 (degrees Celsius or 29
      degrees Fahrenheit--J.T.) It's absolutely freezing!'"
      "About 16,000 homes in southeastern Queensland were
      without power at the height of the storm. The storms were
      followed by a massive dust storm."
      At their cattle station near Nindigully, Qlnd.,
      readers Kristin and Todd Rogan reported, "First it was a
      khaki haze on the horizon. Then, a bit later, it looked
      like a wall of dust moving across the (Darlington) Downs--
      a wall 2,000 meters (6,600 feet) high. Dingoes (wild
      dogs--J.T.) were running away from it."
      "Snow fell at the Brindabella (mountain) ranges and
      at Thredbo and Perisher skie resorts in New South Wales,
      with winds up to 133 kilometers per hour (80 miles per
      hour). About 100,000 New South Wales homes and businesses
      were without power. Three people were rescued from cars
      trapped in floodwaters."
      In New South Wales, "photos appeared in newspapers
      Wednesday of large hailstones beside a ruler that looked
      like three-dimensional asterixes. The hailstones were 4
      centimeters (1.7 inches) and 9 centimeters (3.7 inches) in
      In Victoria state, the Maribyrnong River spilled over
      its banks and flooded the Farmington Racecourse.
      In Tasmania, "a tree fell on a train at Lilydale,"
      120 kilometers (75 miles) east of Devonport, and "120
      kilometer per hour winds tore the roof off the Launceston
      Church Grammar School." (See The Age of Melbourne for
      February 3, 2005. Many thanks to Jocelyn Ronaldson for
      this newspaper article. Thanks also to Todd and Kristin
      Rogan and other Australian readers for their additional


      "Combat aircraft of Russia's Baltic Sea fleet were
      rushed to the border with Lithuania on Wednesday," January
      22, 2005, "to repel a possible violation by what turned
      out to be an unnaturally thick and fast-moving cloud, the
      RIA-Novosti News Agency reported, citing the Baltic
      Fleet's press service."
      "The press release said a Sukhoi Su-27 was vectored
      into the area near Russia's Baltic Sea enclave of
      Kaliningrad," located about 400 kilometers (250 miles)
      north of Warsaw, Poland after radar spotted a large object
      entering Russian airspace from Lithuania. However, the
      (Russian) plane found nothing after reaching the border
      "The Baltic Fleet's Air Defense Command contacted
      military officials in Lithuania and Poland later,
      revealing that the intruder was actually a thick cloud
      that was being driven by a strong wind."
      "'Our fighter approached the trespasser to make it
      land or else leave Russian airspace,' the press release
      said, 'A closer examination showed that it was a cloud
      instead of a light plane, and it was coming from the
      territory of Lithuania,' the Baltic Fleet spokesman said."
      "Lithuanian military spokesman Ricardas Uzelka said
      Wednesday that Lithuanian authorities had no knowledge of
      any incident on the border."
      "'No Russian planes entered Lithuanian territory, nor
      did any Lithuanian plane enter Kaliningrad airspace,'
      Uzelka said." (See Moscow News for January 27, 2005,
      "Russian combat jet signalled to repel trespasser cloud."
      Many thanks to Robert Fischer for this newspaper article.)


      "In the Dharbanga district of" India's Bihar state,
      "which borders Nepal, tourists returning from Nepal are
      talking about a possible UFO crash in Nepal."
      "The rumour is also rampant in Kathmandu, the capital
      of Nepal, and in other Nepali cities" such as Lalitpur,
      Bhaktapur and Nawakot.
      "According to the rumours, the (UFO) crash site may
      be close to Mount Everest and is totally inaccessible from
      either side. The rumour world is also speculating that
      the Chinese military is actively working to reach the
      crash site."
      "It is also rumoured that the extraterrestrials are
      not allowing anyone to go near the site."
      "Unusual activities and strange tremors were felt all
      over the Himalayan region last week from the India/Nepal
      (south) side. The number of UFO activities has gone up
      very heavily in recent days in this area" near Mount
      Everest. "And no one really knows what is happening."
      "It's possible that the crash was nothing but a
      Chinese spacecraft. China has a number of secret military
      projects in this area."
      "According to UFO scientists, it's possible that the
      underground UFO bases were damaged by the earth tremor
      last week and some slight aftershocks or the big
      earthquake in Sumatra, Indonesia" on December 26, 2004 and
      which measured 9.0 on the Richter scale, causing
      catastrophic tsunamis all around the Indian Ocean. (See
      India Daily for January 31, 2005, "Rumour of a UFO crash
      on Nepal/China border." Many thanks to Krishnari Bai
      Dharapurnanda for this newspaper article.)


      "A spectacular 'fireball' meteor was seen falling in
      the neighborhood of" two major airports in the vicinity of
      Madrid, Spain's capital.
      "Reports were received of a falling object near
      Barajas international airport, about 4 kilometers (3
      miles) from the large Torreon air base."
      "Luis Serrano, spokesman for the emergency telephone
      service in Madrid, said, 'We had three calls and referred
      other calls reporting a large fireball before midnight on
      Thursday," January 27, 2005.
      "A Spanish news agency also received calls reporting
      the falling object."
      "Witness Jose Antonio said, 'An enormous,
      incandescent and very red ball gave a tremendous flash and
      then went out in a few seconds.'"
      Spanish Air Force "officers at Torreon, which was
      once a U.S. Air Force base, have refused to comment."
      (See the Agence France Presse report for January 30, 2005.
      Many thanks to Jim Hickman, executive director of Skywatch
      International, for this news report.)


      "A series of moving bright lights was spotted in the
      sky off Scarborough," North Yorkshire, "cementing claims
      that the (UK's) East Coast is the UFO capital of Europe."
      "Pat Glenwright of Grange Avenue saw the lights dart
      around the sky at 4:40 p.m. yesterday (Monday, January 31,
      "She said, 'There were about 14, so it definitely
      wasn't an aeroplane. They were flying in a group, and it
      looked from here they were the size of light bulbs.'"
      "A friend added, 'They were bright and very high up.
      It was very noticeable.'"
      "'They were moving from right to left and looked as
      though they were heading (north) towards Whitby.'"
      "In December (2004), Chris Parr of the British UFO
      Hunters Group said the coastal area between Filey and
      Scarborough was the hotspot for British UFO incidents."
      "Filey UFO researcher Russ Kellett said there were
      more recorded sightings of UFOs in Filey and along the
      East Coast than anywhere in the country." (See the
      British newspaper Scarborough Today for February 1, 2005,
      "Bright lights spotted in sky." Many thanks to Robert
      Fischer for this newspaper article.)


      On Thursday, February 3, 2005, at 9:45 p.m.,
      eyewitnesses in Santa Rosa, the capital of Argentina's La
      Pampa province, "saw a UFO crossing the skies of the
      pampas (prairie in the USA--J.T.). The UFO was yellowish-
      brass in color and moved from southeast to northeast some
      30 degrees over the horizon."
      "The object was recorded during part of its transit
      by CIUFOS La Pampa," a local UFO research group.
      "Subsequently, another object was detected some 35
      degrees over the horizon toward the west, following a
      north-south trajectory. After moving along at a constant
      luminosity, the object unexpectedly increased its size for
      30 seconds, as in the earlier case, before vanishing
      Santa Rosa is located 400 kilometers (250 miles)
      west-southwest of Buenos Aires, the capital of Argentina.
      (Muchas gracias a Scott Corrales y Raul Oscar Chavez del
      grupo Planeta UFO para estas noticias.)


      On Sunday, January 30, 2005, at 5:30 p.m., eyewitness
      J.E. reported, "As I was preparing supper, I noticed a
      bright, red-and-white flashing light in the sky outside my
      kitchen window. I called my husband to come and see. So
      we went outside, and my neighbour was walking by. I
      called her over and asked her to look at it. She was
      like, 'Oh, my God! What is that!?'"
      "My husband kept saying it was an airplane, but
      airplanes don't sit in one spot like that."
      "It was very bright, white-and-red flashing lights,"
      she added, "It sat in one spot over Ottawa (Canada's
      capital--J.T.) for three minutes. It was as high as an
      airplane but every silent. The evening was dark, and the
      skies were clear that night."
      The UFO "was a hundred times brighter than any star.
      Then, as we watched, it started moving toward the
      northwest slowly, then it was gone. It was nowhere in
      sight, just the stars."
      "We started stating again it was a helicopter or an
      airplane, since we live close to the (MacDonald-Cartier
      International) airport, and incoming/outgoing air traffic
      flies right over our house. It was very unfamiliar and
      nothing like what would be coming from the Ottawa
      "It was bright red and white, the shape looking to be
      oval, as well. The lights kept going very fast around it.
      The red was brighter than the white and sparkled in the
      clear sky. The speed as I watched it was about 30
      kilometers per hour (18 miles per hour), and then it was
      gone." (Email Form Report)


      On Wednesday, February 2, 2005, at 10:58 p.m., Stu P.
      was outdoors at his home in Hillsborough, New Jersey when
      he noticed something strange in the sky, approaching from
      the northeast.
      "It was a small moving amber light which I saw from
      the highest point of my view, southwest across the sky,
      for about four seconds, hovered for about one-tenth of a
      second, and then changed direction about 30 to 45 degrees
      to the south."
      "Amber color, shape too far away to be easy to see.
      It just looked like a dot. The only thing that could go
      that fast and then stop to change direction could be
      falling space junk that would burn up at first, and then
      change shape, this would change the air-flow over the
      object, making it change direction. But I'm pretty sure
      it was a UFO. I was looking up at the sky at a 45-degree
      angle, and it went through my whole view of the sky (about
      half the sky--S.P.) in about two seconds." (Email Form


      On Tuesday, February 1, 2005, at 8:30 p.m., Leslie
      Roberts reported, "My husband was out on our deck, smoking
      a cigarette" in Kelseyville, California (population 2,928)
      "He was facing Mount Konocti, which we were at the eastern
      side of. He noticed a very bright light hovering over the
      south side of the mountain. He yelled for me to come see.
      I, who do not believe in UFOs, did not want to go out
      there to see what I figured was a plane or a satellite.
      He was excited and insisted that I come. So I went
      outside to see what it was."
      "At first I thought it had to be a very bright star,
      but, as I stood there, it began to rise in altitude. I
      was amazed to say the least. By this instant, our 17-
      year-old daughter, her boyfriend and our 12-year-old son
      also came watching too."
      "I noticed that it was moving, which frightened my
      12-year-old. He ran, tripping on the entrance to our
      house. We stood and watched as the light changed from a
      bright white to flashing blue and red lights and turned
      towards us, coming right over our house. It was so close
      that we could make out the shape of the vehicle."
      "It was sort of shaped like a diamond at the front
      but also long and cylindrical. It made absolutely no
      noise. It passed over our heads and headed in an eastern
      direction. We watched as it went farther away, and then
      it just disappeared."
      "My son...was so frightened. I had to assure him
      that they were not coming back to hurt him." The UFO was
      "about 500 feet (150 meters) above us. Cannot estimate
      speed but can say it moved slowly enough for us to see it
      clearly. When it headed away, though, at some point it
      all at once moved so fast it just disappeared. I reported
      it to the police department."
      Kelseyville, Cal. is just south of Clear Lake on
      Highway 175, located about 70 miles (112 kilometers) north
      of San Francisco. (Email Form Report)


      "A chunk of ice, believed to be frozen waste from an
      airplane's lavatory, smacked into the top of a
      Massachusetts woman's car."
      "Nina Gambone of Leominster, Mass. (population
      41,303) said the incident happened last week."
      "Gambone said the Federal Aviation Administration
      (FAA) confirmed the source of the ice chunk. However, the
      FAA couldn't trace it to any particular airline."
      "No one was injured, but it looks like Gambone will
      be stuck with the repair bill."
      Leominster is on Routes 2 and 13, approximately 5
      miles (8 kilometers) south of Fitchburg, which has long
      been "the UFO Capital of Massachusetts." (See the WJAR-TV
      Channel 10 news broadcast for February 1, 2005, "Frozen
      waste from plane smashes car." Many thanks to Mary Lou
      Jones-Drown for this news report.)
      (Editor's Comment: Like its neighbor Fitchburg,
      Leominster has been plagued by UFO sightings and Fortean
      phenomena for ages. Blocks of ice have been falling out
      of the sky in that area since the days of the Pilgrims.)


      "Iranian archaeologists have unearthed over 600,000
      intact earthenware pottery and other artifacts in a newly-
      discovered 6,000-year-old habitation near the Halil-Rud
      River cultural area, where the ancient site of Jiroft is
      located, the director of the archaeological team working
      in the area announced on Sunday," January 30, 2005.
      "'Our team has discovered a great number of intact
      pottery and a large amount of shards, the volume of which
      reaches one meter (3 feet, 3 inches) in height in some
      areas,' David Abyan said."
      "The team recently discovered a 6,000-year-old
      habitation with more than 800 cells (rooms) in the Barez
      Mountains east of the Halil-Rud River in southern Kerman
      "'Glazed in crimson and tan, the pottery was created
      in various shapes, some with spouts, and a special
      technique was employed in making the vases,' Abyan said."
      "'The great amount of earthware indicates that
      pottery-making was the main occupation of the people
      living in the region, and they exported their products to
      other areas,' he said."
      "The nearby prehistoric village is located at a
      height of 250 meters (825 feet) with 2-to-4-square meter
      cells. The habitation is Iran's most ancient rock
      residence ever discovered."
      "The Jiroft region was one of the first places in
      Iran where civilization and urbanization were established
      about 5,000 years ago."
      "Many Iranian and foreign experts see the findings
      near Jiroft as signs of a civilization as great as Sumer."
      "Iranian archaeologist Yusef Majidzadeh believes that
      Jiroft was the ancient city of Aratta, which was described
      as a great civilization in ancient Sumerian cuneiform
      Texas author Robert E. Howard (1906-1936), in his
      Conan of Cimmeria stories published in Weird Tales,
      described "the lost empire of Turan," whose major cities
      were located close to some of Iran's most productive
      archaeological sites. According to Howard, Turan
      flourished during "the Hyborian Age," the period
      immediately following the last Pleistocene glaciation,
      reaching its pinnacle of power between 8,500 and 7,000
      The Jiroft region is about 600 kilometers (360 miles)
      southeast of Tehran, the capital of Iran. (See the
      Iranian newspaper Al-Mehr for January 31, 2005, "6,000-
      year-old site in southeastern Iran yields a large cache of
      earthware." Many thanks to Ayesha al-Khatabi and Kufa
      Yildaz for this newspaper article.)


      Kenny Young, 38, producer/director of the Cincinnati,
      Ohio cable TV show UFO Updates Live and a long-time
      contributor to UFO Roundup, died on Monday, January 31,
      2005 following a long illness.
      "Kenneth Harold Young, a graphics designer and
      producer for the Telecommunications Board of North
      Kentucky died Monday of complications of leukemia at Mercy
      Anderson Hospital. He was 38."
      "'Scarcely a person could watch TV without seeing
      some of Kenny's graphics work,' said John Stephenson of
      Fort Mitchell, Ky., former superintendent of public
      instruction for northern Kentucky and former director of
      the Telecommunications Board Community Program Center."
      "Born in Cincinnati (Ohio) on December 28, 1966, Mr.
      Young graduated in 1984 from Howard High School, where he
      was active with the video center. He worked for the
      Community Program Center, which produces religion, public-
      access and government programs for Kenton, Campbell,
      Boone, Grant, Gallatin, Owen and Pendleton counties."
      "He had a passion for UFOs and produced several
      programs recreating sightings. He also played the piano
      at nursing homes. And he loved his dog, Boo. 'Everywhere
      he went, he took that dog with him,' Stephenson said."
      Kenny is survived by "his mother, Carol Waller Young
      Boettger, of Anderson; a brother, Gary McCarty, of Laurel,
      Miss., and a sister, Cindy Porter, of Florence, Ky."
      The funeral was held Thursday, February 3, 2005 at 2
      p.m. at the Charles and Grubbs Funeral Home in Florence,
      Ky. Interment was in Walker Cemetery."
      Kenny's colleagues in the field of ufology reminisced
      about his outstanding career.
      "During 21 years of his sterling commitment to
      ufology, Kenny was always as good as they get," radio host
      Jeff Rense said, "His reports were rock-solid and
      outstanding in their collection of data, he jumped to no
      conclusions, and he always conducted himself with absolute
      integrity--and a special kindness--which everyone could do
      well to emulate."
      "I met Kenny back in 1994, after I got back into
      research after a two-year sabbatical," Roy Schaeffer said,
      "I didn't even have to introduce myself to him. He knew
      who I was and offered me a warm welcome back into the
      field at the local cable-access show out of Cincinnati. A
      small group of us who were affiliated with the show worked
      with another Ohio group. It was headed by the late Pat
      Packard and called Advocates for Scientific Knowledge.
      After Pat's untimely death, we changed the name to Tri-
      States Advocates for Scientific Knowledge (T.A.S.K.)
      Kenny was named our public relations director. One of the
      most celebrated cases of T.A.S.K. was the 1996-1997 UFO
      flap in southern Ohio."
      Southern Ohio section director of MUFON, Donnie
      Blessing, remarked, "Back in 1999, when I first contacted
      Kenny, I had no idea what an impact the group was going to
      have on my life. I had Kenny's Website and contacted him.
      My thoughts were then that he would not give me a minute
      of his time. Instead, he told me he could use some help
      with his research. I happily accepted and, for the next
      five years, I was taken on the journey of my life. We
      used to kid each other when we had a hot UFO case by
      saying, 'Keep your seat belt on, we are in for a ride.'"
      One of Kenny's most famous cases "was the Screaming
      Woman case of Morehead, Kentucky in November of 2003,"
      Blessing added, "He never ceased to amaze me how he could
      take the raw footage we had taped and turn it into a high-
      quality video production. The world has lost a true hero
      in the UFO field, and I shall never forget the fun and
      hard work we had to help make him that hero."
      (Editor's Note: For more on the Morehead case, see UFO
      Roundup, volume 8, number 47 for December 10, 2003,
      "Kentucky UFO sighting may have included an abduction,"
      page 1.)
      "Kenny first began contributing reports to us back in
      1996, the glory days of T.A.S.K.," UFO Roundup editor
      Joseph Trainor recalled, "For nearly ten years, Kenny was
      a mainstay of the newsletter. I relied on him for
      coverage of Ohio, Kentucky, Indiana and southern Illinois,
      and he never disappointed. He always turned in good,
      crisp, readable, detailed copy on the many UFO sightings
      in his area. Not only has ufology lost one of its best
      investigators, but I think American journalism has lost
      one of its great unrecognized reporters. Kenny will be
      sorely missed by all of us here at the Roundup." (See the
      Cincinnati Enquirer for February 3, 2005, "Kenneth Young,
      38, TV graphics designer." Many thanks to Jim Danvers for
      this newspaper article.)

      DEAD AT AGE 82

      "Shirley Cardin Fickett, 82, a local artist, passed
      away on Wednesday, February 2, 2005, after a long
      "She attended Portland (Maine) schools and married
      the late Richard E. Fickett. They resided in the North
      Deering area of Portland."
      "She and her husband owned and operated the Driftwood
      Art Gallery and Gift Shop before retiring with her husband
      to Ellsworth, Maine. The Gallery was a place where local
      artists, both young and old, were welcome to display their
      work and receive positive and enthusiastic support from
      "Shirley was also very active in psychic phenomena
      and UFO research. She liked to have gatherings at the Art
      Gallery, where topics of the unexplained would be heard
      and discussed. People were drawn to her knowledge of this
      unusual subject matter. She was a freelance writer and
      had many articles published in magazines and newspapers."
      "She is survived by four children: Sharon Cleaves of
      Windham, Richard Flickett of Windham, Randall Flickett of
      Auburn and Leanne Brainerd of Cumberland, nine
      grandchildren and three great-grandchildren. Also
      surviving are two sisters, Pat Dunbar of Sullivan and
      Donna Jean Diphilippo of Windham, and two brothers,
      Courtney Campbell of Ellsworth and Mike Harris of
      Fortean investigator Loren Coleman said, "Shirley was
      the Dean of Ufology in the Pine Tree State, Maine's answer
      to Betty Hill. Mrs. Fickett wrote a widely-shared
      document, 'The Maine UFO Encounter: Investigating Under
      Hypnosis," about an expert physician/hypnotist who
      explores the lost-time experience after a UFO's beam of
      light hits his car. The Dr. Herbert Hopkins/David
      Stephens case included Men in Black (MIB) and lost-time,
      and it became the case most people associated with
      (Shirley) Fickett's name. Fickett investigated others of
      the state's UFO encounters as an associate of the
      International UFO Bureau." (See the Portland, Me. Press-
      Herald for February 3, 2005, "Shirley Cardin Fickett, 82."
      Many thanks to Loren Coleman for this newspaper article.)


      On Saturday, February 5, 2005, at 9:10 p.m., the male
      eyewitness was putting out overnight feed for the animals
      on his farm in Rehoboth, Massachusetts when he heard "the
      noise of a whole squadron of helicopters."
      Going out in the farmyard, he saw "a formation of
      black military-style helicopters heading southeast toward
      Mount Hope Bay. There were six or seven of them. They
      looked like (UH-60) Blackhawks. One of them came from
      Providence (Rhode Island, i.e. the southwest--J.T.) and
      flew right over the farmhouse. Real low. Very low and
      very loud. This helicopter joined the others, and they
      flew over Bad Luck Pond on their way to the bay."
      The black helicopters "were still circling at the
      southern horizon at 9:45 p.m. They were right over
      Somerset. They looked like they were on patrol or
      maneuvers or something. They were still circling at ten
      o'clock. This is the first time we've seen the black
      helicopters here in a while. Something must be up. When
      the FBI was looking for terrorists in Boston" four weeks
      ago, "there were jets flying over all evening."
      Earlier that afternoon, a North Seekonk woman saw
      "two black helicopters flying very low over Beckwith
      School and the Palmer River area just north of Route 118.
      They were military...(UH-60) Blackhawks, I think, and they
      were flying side by side towards Attleboro. This was late
      afternoon, about 4 p.m. A half hour later, I saw a single
      black helicopter flying a bit higher. It was heading
      northeast but not on a normal flight path. I think maybe
      it was heading for Devens."
      (Editor's Note: Located in Ayer, Mass., Fort Devens was
      closed in 1992, but has since become a regional facility
      for the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA). A
      "federal reserve prison," sometimes called "Camp Hillary,"
      is located on the grounds of the former military post.)
      On Sunday, February 6, 2005, at 7:10 a.m., the same
      male Rehoboth witness was outside, feeding the farm
      animals, when he again "heard a tremendous noise. It
      sounded like dozens of helicopters just over the (western)
      horizon. I listened to this for ten minutes or so. Then
      I went to fetch my 12 X 50 millimeter binoculars and got
      up in the hayloft. I looked west towards Providence, R.I.
      and I saw two of them. Definitely military, black as the
      ace of spades. They looked like they were flying up to
      Worcester (Massachusetts)."
      UFO Roundup correspondent Mary Lou Jones-Drown
      reported, "People who have seen these helicopters think
      they may be protecting the electrical generating plant at
      Brayton's Point in Fall River, Mass. This is an important
      link in the country's power grid. Another possibility is
      the big (oil) tank farms on the Narragansett Bay shore in
      Riverside (a section of East Providence, R.I.--J.T.)."
      (Many thanks to Mary Lou Jones-Drown for these reports.)
      (Editor's Note: Rehoboth was the site of numerous black
      helicopter overflights during the summer months of 2003
      and 2004.)


      "Geese are literally falling from the sky in and
      around Keizer," Oregon (population 32,204), "and wildlife
      experts don't know why."
      "About 150 Canada geese were found dead Friday,"
      January 28, 2005, "at a private pond off Wheatland Road
      owned by Morse Brothers Rock Products in rural Marion
      County. Thirty or so other dead birds were discovered
      three months ago near Staats Lake, a private lake in
      "State wildife officials visited both sites to
      investigate. The officials suspect that the birds may
      have died from something they ate, but it doesn't appear
      that anything found in the ponds or the lake killed the
      "'Reports of one bird here or one over there is not
      cause for alarm,' said Will High, wildlife biologist for
      the Oregon Department of Fish and Wildlife. 'But when you
      have 10 or 20 or 30 or 100 of them all of a sudden die in
      one day, well, that's just not normal.'"
      "Only cackling Canada geese, a small subspecies of
      the larger Canada goose, were affected, High said. Other
      varieties of birds, including ducks, gulls and three other
      species of geese, were alive and well in both bodies of
      "The dead birds were found floating in the water.
      They appeared to swim with their heads under water, High
      said. Others were found on dry ground lying on their
      stomachs with their wings flared out."
      "The goose carcasses have been sent to the National
      Wildife Health Center in Madison, Wisconsin to be tested.
      The U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service, the federal agency
      that regulates migratory birds, also was notified."
      "Five years ago, large numbers of dead geese were
      discovered in Staats Lake. The Oregon Department of Fish
      and Wildlife investigated the problem but couldn't track
      down the cause. Tests showed that the birds weren't dying
      of infection or disease; the results were inconclusive but
      hinted the birds died from something they ate."
      "Wildlife officials said that in recent weeks, large
      numbers of dead geese also have been found in Monmouth
      (population 7,741) and McMinnville (population 26,500).
      They don't know if the incidents are related."
      Keizer is on River Road 3 miles (5 kilometers) north
      of Salem. McMinnville was the site of a famous UFO
      sighting in 1950. (See the Salem, Ore. Statesman-Journal
      for February 2, 2005, "Geese die in droves in Keizer--
      Experts baffled." Many thanks to Steve Wilson Sr. for
      this newspaper article.)


      "I live in the eastern mountain region of Tennessee
      and work second shift at a factory in Dayton (population
      6,180), a town about 25 miles (40 kilometers) away, with a
      mountain (Walden's Ridge--J.T.) in between," Patricia Law
      of Pikeville, Tenn. (population 1,781) told the British
      magazine Fortean Times. "I usually don't start for home
      until at least 12:30 a.m. We don't all get out at the
      same time, so sometimes I'm the only one on the highway
      (Route 30--J.T.) coming over the mountain."
      While driving home to Pikeville one January night,
      around 1 a.m., Patricia wrote, "I was coming across the
      mountain." As she passed through the four-mile (6-
      kilometer) stretch between Cumberland Springs and Morgan
      Springs, "there are quite a few houses along the way, and
      a lot of them have outside lights on all night long, so
      it's not pitch black."
      "Anyway, I was coming down a straight stretch of
      highway when I saw a man on the side of the road on my
      left walking toward me. He was wearing a light-colored
      shirt with dark pants. As I got closer to him, he
      suddenly turned his back toward me and bent over. I
      slowed down quite a bit and went toward the center of the
      highway as I was about to pass him."
      "When I got close to him, I saw that this person was
      now a huge dog, and he peered around to look at me as I
      passed. This 'thing' had a long snout and large teeth
      like a dog or wolf and was sort of grinning at me."
      "I passed it and tried to look at it in my rear-view
      mirror but couldn't see anything. I was flabbergasted and
      I've gone over and over in my mind ever since, trying to
      figure out what I actually saw."
      The Dayton area has a long history of involvement
      with the paranormal.
      "Dayton is most famous as the site of the infamous
      'Monkey Trial' of 1925," UFO Roundup editor Joseph Trainor
      explained. "On March 21, 1925, the state of Tennessee
      passed a law, making it a crime to teach evolution in the
      schools. Dr. George Rappelyea persuaded high school
      science teacher John T. Scopes to test the new law in
      court. Scopes admitted to teaching evolution in his
      general science class. He was arrested by the Rhea County
      sheriff. The American Civil Liberties Union (ACLU) sent
      its legal counsel, Arthur Garfield Hays, to defend Scopes.
      When former Secretary of State William Jennings Bryan
      offered to prosecute the case for Rhea County, two famous
      American lawyers, Clarence Darrow and Dudley Field Malone,
      volunteered to assist Hays in the defense. It was THE
      trial of the 1920s. But, in the end, Scopes was found
      guilty and fined $100. It became illegal to teach
      evolution in Tennessee."
      "Ironically, nearby Cumberland Springs is one of the
      richest fossil sites in the state, with everything from
      trilobites of the Cambrian Period to giant dragonflies of
      the Pennsylvanian Period preserved in its limestones."
      "Morgan Springs, seven miles (11 kilometers)
      northwest of Dayton, was a sacred site to the Ani-Yupuya,
      also known as the Cherokee Indians. According to the
      legend, the waters used to arch skyward in a single column
      at midnight--a sign of the healing spirit within the
      "Two miles (3.2 kilometers) from Dayton, on Blythe
      Ferry Road, is Hiwassee Island. The state guide informs
      us that 'it was once the home of Oo-loo-te-ka, the
      Cherokee who adopted young Sam Houston (first president of
      the Republic of Texas from 1837 to 1841--J.T.) as his son.
      Oo-loo-te-ka (Ani-Yupuya for Puts Away the War Drum--J.T.)
      was chief of a band of about 300, and his island village
      was large...Young Houston, tiring of farm life, first ran
      off to the Cherokee village in 1809, when he was about
      sixteen. Altogether he spent three years with the
      Cherokee, hunting with them, learning their language,
      playing their games...The Indians named him Co-lon-nah
      (Ani-Yupuya for Raven --J.T.)...Later he made numerous
      trips to Washington on behalf of the Cherokee.'"
      "On Hiwassee Island are several very ancient pre-
      Columbian mounds. They weren't erected by the Ani-Yupuya.
      Oolooteka told Sam Houston that they were the work of the
      Ot-ne-yarheh, The Old People Who Left, a mysterious
      prehuman race. In 1937, a few mounds were excavated by
      the Works Progress Administration (WPA). 'Beneath were
      remains of a prehistoric Indian culture,' including
      artifacts, pottery and skeletal remains. Strangest of the
      finds was the stone carving of a raven." (See Fortean
      Times No. 193 for March 2005, "Tennessee dog-man," page
      75. Also the book Tennessee: A Guide to the State, The
      Viking Press, New York, N.Y., 1939, pages 362 to 365.)

      From the UFO Files...

      1946: NAZIS IN SPACE

      On an evening in late November 1924, a knock sounded
      on the door of a cramped apartment in Munich. Graduate
      student Rudolf Hess went to answer it. As he opened the
      door, he saw a couple standing there--a white-haired
      elderly lady and a man in a dark trenchcoat, scarf and
      slouch hat. The man lifted his head slightly, letting the
      hallway lamp spill beneath the hatbrim and illuminate his
      Hess let out a gasp of astonishment. "Grandmaster!"
      The stranger smiled. Yes, it was the Grandmaster
      himself--Baron Rudolf von Sebottendorff (birth name: Adam
      Rudolf Glauer--J.T.), the founder of the mystical Thule
      Gesellschaft (Thule Society), back in Germany for the
      first time in five years. He had been forced to flee to
      Switzerland in February 1919 after one of his
      acquaintances, Count Anton von Arco-Valley, assassinated
      the governor of Bavaria. (For more on Anton, see UFO
      Roundup, volume 9, number 5 for February 4, 2004, "1919:
      Dance of the Assassin," page 12.)
      The self-styled Baron von Sebottendorff was Germany's
      foremost mystic. Born in 1875, the son of a railroad
      engineer from Hoyerswerda, Sebottendorff was an
      enthusiastic disciple of Madame Blavatsky (birth name:
      Elena Petrovna von Hahn). For many years he had traveled
      in the Middle East, studying Sufi wisdom with the Bektashi
      dervishes and joining the Masonic Order of Constantine.
      Returning to Germany in 1912, he had helped found the
      mystic Germanen Orden and, a few years later, his own
      group, the Thule Gesellschaft.
      "It's good to see you again, Rudolf," the baron said,
      ushering his companion into the dimly-lit apartment. "I
      don't believe you know Madame Orsic."
      "Only by reputation," Hess replied, barely able to
      contain his excitement. Maria Orsic was the most famous
      medium in the Balkans. Surely tonight's magickal working
      would be one to remember.
      One year earlier, Dietrich Eckart (1868-1923) had
      died. Eckart, the brilliant but erratic author who had
      translated Ibsen's plays into German and had published the
      magazine Auf gut Deutsch (Translated: In Good German), had
      served as Thule's "minister of information." It was
      Eckart who had introduced Sebottendorff to the Austrian
      orator who was rapidly becoming the rising star of the
      volkisch movement--Adolf Hitler.
      On his deathbed, Eckart had told a small circle of
      Thule disciples, "Hitler will dance, but it is I who plays
      the tune. Do not mourn for me, for I will have influenced
      history more than any other German."
      Tonight Sebottendorff wanted to make contact with his
      deceased friend. To accomplish this, he had returned to
      Munich under a fake passport and with Maria Ostric in tow.
      In no time at all, Sebottendorff, Hess, Dr. Ernst Schulte-
      Strathaus and the other Thulists were joining hands around
      the black-draped table, while Maria summoned her envoys
      from "the spirit world."
      Hess found it a bit unnerving to watch Maria Ostric's
      eyeballs roll back, showing only whites, and to see her
      slumping backward in her chair, mouth agape. But
      Sebottendorff had seen spookier shit than this during his
      sojourn in the Middle East, and he smiled in satisfaction
      as the familiar baritone voice of Dietrich Eckart emerged
      from the medium's open mouth.
      Midway through the reading, "Eckart" announced that
      he was obliged to give way to "someone with an important
      message." Then a weird melodious voice came through,
      identifying itself as "the Sumi, dwellers of a distant
      world, which orbits the star Aldebaran in the
      constellation you call Taurus the Bull."
      Hess and Dr.Schulte-Strathaus blinked at each other.
      Aliens from space!?
      "The Sumi" explained that they were a humanoid race
      who had briefly colonized Earth 500 million years ago.
      The ruins of ancient Larsa, Shurrupak and Nippur in Iraq
      had been built by them. Sumi surviving "the great flood
      of Ut-napishtim" (the Deluge of Noah's Ark--J.T.) had
      become the ancestors of "the Aryan race."
      Sebottendorff was skeptical. He asked for proof.
      Still in a trance, Maria scribbled several lines of queer-
      looking marks. "These proved to be written in Sumerian,
      the language of the founders of the oldest Babylonian
      Flash forward to February 1945.
      Hess, once deputy Fuehrer of Adolf Hitler's Third
      Reich, is now Churchill's prisoner in UK. Baron
      Sebottendorff, now 70 and supposedly "retired," is back at
      his old haunts in Istanbul. What's left of the Thule
      Gesellschaft now works for a new "Lord of Atlantis," the
      SS-Reichsfuehrer Heinrich Himmler.
      At an SS base near Prague (now capital of the Czech
      Republic--J.T.), a strange-looking rocket rises on five
      pillars of flame from its concrete launch pad. If the
      Battle of the Bulge was Hitler's last throw of the dice,
      then the launch of the Ostara was Himmler's.
      The Ostara (named for the ancient German goddess of
      the dawn--J.T.) was the brainchild of Himmler's most
      trusted aide, SS-Brigadefuehrer Hans Kammler, the
      Schriever-Miethe rocket design team from Peenemunde, the
      Thule Gesellschaft and the equally-mystical Vril Society.
      This Haunebu-3 saucer "had a diameter of 71 meters and
      could reach a speed of 40,000 kilometers per hour (25,000
      miles per hour) with a range of eight weeks and carried a
      crew of nine men."
      Hurling this big vehicle into space was no small
      feat. To do it, Kammler had his SS Department E-4 cobble
      together a Rube Goldberg-style vehicle. Propelling the
      saucer were two bolted-together A-9 rockets, with five A-
      10 boosters behind them.
      Indeed, the entire contraption never would've gotten off
      the ground at all, if not for a revolutionary device
      invented in the 1920s.
      This was the Schumann Levitator. "A leading member
      of the Vril (Society), Dr. W.O. Schumann pioneered the
      development of electromagnetic fields through rotating
      discs, and a prototype was constructed near Munich in
      1922. Over the following decade, this research and
      development led to an entire range of German flying
      saucers based on the principle of anti-gravitational
      During World War II, "the Schumann group produced two
      smaller saucers, the Vril-1 and 2, as fighters" while
      Gruppe Kammler, or SS E-4, worked on its Haunebu
      Flugeschiebe (Translated: Flying Disc) project.
      By the beginning of 1945, though the Third Reich was
      crumbling, SS E-4 saw that "seven craft of the Haunebu-2
      type, one each of the other Haunebu types and 17 Vril-1
      craft. In late 1944, the SS E-4 also designed the
      Andromeda vessel," a cylindrical spacecraft "139 meters
      (458 feet) in length and 30 meters (100 feet) high.
      Powered by four 'Thule-Tachyonators' and four 'Schumann
      Levitators,' this long-distance spaceship could transport
      a Haunebu-2 and two Vril-1 saucers in its internal
      hangars. This huge cigar-shaped mother ship and its
      accompanying saucers were supposed to be responsible for
      George Adamski's famous sighting in California in
      (November) 1952."
      Operating at low power, the Schumann Levitator "cut
      the throw-weight" of the Ostara, allowing the A/9-A/10
      array to hurl the saucer into Earth orbit at an altitude
      of 500 kilometers (300 miles). Once in orbit, the
      Ostara's crew dropped the twin A-9s and used their
      Schumann device, powered by small nuclear batteries, to
      push the saucer away from Earth.
      While the Ostara had her shakedown cruise in space,
      back on Earth, Field Marshal Bernard Law Montgomery
      launched Operation Varsity, the crossing of the Rhine,
      while Marshal Zhukov's Soviet (Russian) armies overran
      East Prussia. With the Reich's lifespan reduced to weeks,
      if not days, why had Himmler taken such an insane gamble?
      Although never a member of Thule or Vril, Himmler was
      a devoted occultist who, in 1923, joined Dr. Willibald
      Hentschell's Artamen. This group "expressed an attitude
      which saw cities as sinks of decadence and the land as the
      real strength of a people."
      In the Artamen, Himmler was exposed for the first
      time to the scriptures of ancient India. He read the
      Vedas and the Mahabharata and was particularly fond of the
      Bhagavad Gita. During the drive to Auschwitz in July
      1942, Himmler amused himself by reading a German
      translation of the Gita, which he usually kept in his desk
      at the office.
      In his 1940 book, The Flight of Hanuman to Lanka,
      Indian author C.N. Mehta discusses the vimanas, the UFOs
      of ancient India. Mention of them is sprinkled throughout
      the Vedas. "In his essay on the Rig-Veda, Professor H.L.
      Hariyappa of Mysore University writes that in a distant
      epoch 'gods came to the earth sometimes, and that it was
      the privilege of some men to visit the immortals in
      "Another book from India--the Samaranagana
      Sutradhara--contains a fantastic paragraph about the
      distant past when men traveled in the air in skyships and
      heavenly beings came down from the sky." Himmler was
      fascinated with these tales of rishis (Hindu wizards--
      J.T.) visiting Chandra (Earth's moon), Karktikeya (Mars)
      and the small worlds circling Brahaspati (Jupiter) and
      Sani (Saturn).
      From SS aides who had been members of Thule, Himmler
      had heard about the purported "alien contact" in 1924. So
      the Ostara's mission seems clear enough--find these aliens
      and persuade them to help the Reich against its enemies.
      When a flyby of the moon turned up no trace of any
      aliens, the Ostara continued on into space. According to
      German author Norbert Juergen-Ratthofer, "after an eight-
      and-a-half month voyage, the Haunebu III lands on Mars in
      January 1946, only to find the deserted pyramid city and
      'Face' (Cydonia--J.T.), signs of a bygone higher
      civilization. 'What disappointment must these men have
      felt, when they realized that all was in vain.'"
      Returning to Earth in October 1946, the nine-man crew
      of the Ostara found a world transformed. Germany was
      divided and occupied. Reichsmarschall Hermann Goering and
      other Nazi leaders were on trial in Nuremberg. Himmler
      was dead--a suicide. He had been captured by British
      troops on May 23, 1945 and had swallowed a capsule of
      potassium chloride before he could be interrogated. He
      had made certain that the deepest secrets of the SS died
      with him.
      The Ostara landed at Station 211 in Antarctica, in a
      region of the Hoffman-Muhlig Mountains. The area was
      called Neuschwabenland (German for New Swabia--J.T.), and
      all during the war Himmler had been sending U-boats full
      of German and Ukrainian settlers there.
      But now the Nazi sanctuary was in danger. On
      December 30, 1946, a U.S. Navy Martin Mariner seaplane
      crashed in Antarctica. This tipped off the "Antarctic
      Reich" to the threat of Operation High Jump, an Allied
      task force commanded by Admiral Richard E. Byrd of the
      U.S. Navy.
      So the SS refugees undertook their last gamble. They
      decided the launch the Andromeda, the large cylindrical
      spacecraft built by Gruppe Kammler and Thule. According
      to Juergen-Ratthofer, aboard the spaceship was an untested
      device that would put the ship into a "trans-dimensional
      canal," enabling it to achieve interstellar flight.
      (Editor's Note: Kammler himself was last seen in
      Oberammergau, Germany on April 6, 1945. It is not known
      for certain if he died during the last days of the war in
      Europe or if he somehow got to Antarctica.)
      Thirty-two volunteers, all veterans of Himmler's
      Waffen-SS, were selected for the flight. There was no
      guarantee that the "Magnetapparat" star-drive would even
      work. The Andromeda could easily get 5,000 kilometers
      (3,000 miles) away from Earth. But what would happen when
      they threw the switch? The cylindrical ship might
      instantly explode, creating a momentary bright flash
      visible from Earth's night side.
      Even worse, it was strictly a one-way trip. The
      Nazis were going to point the Andromeda at the star
      Aldebaran, hit the switch and hope for the best. Even if
      they made it across 68 light-years of space, there was no
      way they'd be able to return. They'd never be able to
      find Earth's sun among the myriads of stars.
      What happened next is a mystery.
      Three years later, a cylindrical UFO similar to the
      Andromeda began to be seen. Ufologist Harold T. Wilkins,
      in his book Flying Saucers Uncensored, wrote, "There is a
      vast spindle-shaped or cigar-shaped, cylindrical space
      ship of unknown origin, which was photographed over a
      blast furnace in Hamilton, Ohio in 1950. It was also
      'snapped' by a young woman taking pictures of ordinary
      terrestrial objects at Hawthorne, California when it was
      seen in the act of releasing satellite discs. It was seen
      over Denham, in England, and, twelve hours later over
      Sweden, in 1949, again releasing discs, which, at high
      speed, flew off in opposite directions."
      According to Henry Stevens, author of Hitler's Flying
      Saucers, a U.S. Air Force fighter jet captured "gun-camera
      film footage from Victorville, California taken on
      February 2, 1953. It apparently shows a cylindrical
      'Mothership' in flight."
      Also in the early 1950s, "a classic cigar-shaped UFO"
      was seen and photographed by Joe Ferriere in Woonsocket,
      Rhode Island.
      (Editor's Note: At the time of the Ferriere sighting,
      your editor was a two-year-old living in Taunton,
      Massachusetts, 14 miles (20 kilometers) southeast of
      Woonsocket, R.I.)
      Had the Andromeda returned to Earth? Or were alien
      vessels disguising themselves as the Nazi ship while they
      scouted out our planet?
      In 1967, a German psychic again heard from the
      mysterious Sumi. They assured the attendees at the seance
      that the Andromeda had indeed made it to Aldebaran. The
      crewmen were well-treated while "the Aldebaran regime then
      dispatched an enormous interstellar armada consisting of
      280 battle cruisers of various classes ranging from 1.5 to
      6 kilometers (1 to 4 miles) in length and capable of
      carrying between four and 810 flying saucers apiece.
      Depending on its speed after emerging from the 'trans-
      dimensional canal' (hyperspace) in the asteroid belt, this
      armada is to arrive on Earth sometime between 1992 and
      2005 to resume the Second World War."
      Off-and-on channelled contacts with the Sumi has
      provided us with a rough idea of how an Aldebarani star
      fleet is organized--similar to a U.S. Navy task force.
      The table below gives the alien ship classes and their USN

      Nupqukyuk Carrier
      Qaspiluk Heavy Cruiser
      Akuqnuk Light Cruiser
      Nakyu Destroyer

      We have only the Sumi's word for it that the
      Andromeda's crewmen were treated as guests upon their
      arrival in the Aldebaran system. For all we know, the
      ship was destroyed by vigilant Sumi spacecraft two minutes
      after it emerged from hyperspace. Or the Earth ship might
      have been boarded and its crew captured.
      If that's the case, what might have happened to Hans
      Kammler if he'd been on board? Kammler, the architect who
      began his SS career designing the Nazi camp at Auschwitz-
      Birkenau in southern Poland. Did he congratulate himself
      on a successful escape from Earth, only to wind up an
      exhibit in some alien zoo, crouched in a corner of the
      cage--cold, naked, always hungry--gaped at by terrible
      three-lobed eyes?
      As bad as it sounds, it's still a kinder fate than
      any deportee from Drancy or Westerbork met at that camp he
      Are the Sumi really coming to Earth? And what
      happens when they get here? Most days I just don't want
      to think about it. (See the books Hitler's Flying Saucers
      by Henry Stevens, Adventures Unlimited Press, Kempton,
      Illinois, 2003, pages 86, 87, 88, 99, 100, 101, 161 and
      225; Das Vril Projekt by Norbert Juergen-Ratthofer, Dr.
      Michael Daemboeck Verlag, Ardagger, Austria, 1993; Black
      Sun: Aryan Cults, Esoteric Nazism and the Politics of
      Identity by Nicholas Goodrick-Clarke, New York University
      Press, New York, N.Y., 2002, pages 167 to 170; Himmler by
      Peter Padfield, MJF Books, New York, N.Y., 1990, pages 37,
      68, 85 and 90; Unholy Alliance by Peter Levenda, Continuum
      International Publishing Group, New York, N.Y., 2003,
      pages 92 to 95; Flying Saucers Uncensored by Harold T.
      Wilkins, The Citadel Press, New York, N.Y., 1955, page 17;
      The Flight of Hanuman to Lanka by C.N. Mehta, Narayan
      Niketan, Mumbai, India, 1940; and On the Shores of Endless
      Worlds by Andrew Tomas, Bantam Books, New York, N.Y.,
      1976, pages 53, 68 and 124.)

      Well, that's it for this week. Join us in seven days
      for more UFO, Fortean and paranormal news from around the
      planet Earth, brought to you by "the paper that goes home-
      -UFO Roundup." See you next time.

      UFO ROUNDUP: Copyright 2005 by Masinaigan Productions, all
      rights reserved. Readers may post news items from UFO
      Roundup on their Web sites or in news groups provided that
      they credit the newsletter and its editor by name and list
      the date of issue in which the item first appeared.

      E-Mail Reports to: Joseph Trainor <Masinaigan@...>
      or use the Sighting Report Form at:


      Website comments: John Hayes <webmaster@...>

      UFOINFO: http://www.ufoinfo.com

      Official Archives for UFO Roundup, AUFORN Australian
      UFO Reports and Experiences, UFO + PSI Magazine
      plus archives of Humanoid Sighting Reports (Albert
      Rosales), Filer's Files, Oz Files, UFO News UK.
      UFO Roundup is only sent to subscribers.
      If you wish to unsubscribe or feel you have received
      the bulletin in error, please write to:


      With the subject: Unsubscribe UFO Roundup.
    Your message has been successfully submitted and would be delivered to recipients shortly.