Fwd: [UASR]> (UFO UpDate) In Memory Of Kenny

    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 2, 2005
      ------- Forwarded message -------
      From: "Terry W. Colvin" <fortean1@...>
      To: "[CZ]" <cryptolist@yahoogroups.com>, "Forteana /Alternate Orphan/"
      <forteana@yahoogroups.com>, "uasr@..." <uasr@...>
      Subject: [UASR]> FWD (UFO UpDate) In Memory Of Kenny
      Date: Wed, 02 Feb 2005 11:22:21 -0700

      ^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~
      [U A S R]> UFOs-, ALIENs-, SPACE- RESEARCH MAILING LIST <[U A S R]
      ^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~

      From: Ron Schaffner <ronschaffner@...>
      To: UFO UpDates - Toronto <ufoupdates@...>
      Date: Tue, 1 Feb 2005 12:50:12 -0500
      Subject: In Memory Of Kenny

      Kenny Young (1966-2005) dies at age 38
      Veteran UFO and unusual phenomena Researcher
      Video technician, director and producer

      By Ron Schaffner

      It is with deep regret that I announce the passing of my friend
      Kenny Young.

      I met Kenny back in 1994 after I got back into research after a
      two-year sabbatical. I didn’t even have to introduce myself to
      him ­ he knew who I was and offered me a warm welcome back when
      I first came on board to the local cable access show out of
      Cincinnati: UFO Update Live.

      I knew that Kenny was going to be something special to Ufology.
      His early reports were very detailed and resembled legal briefs
      and police reports. He was very objective in his reporting which
      is something one doesn't’t see much of. His report on the
      Lebanon Correctional Facility UFO case was very complete in
      every aspect, as well as his Clermont County video case.

      A small group of us who were affiliated with the cable show
      decided to start another Ohio group here. It was headed by the
      late Pat Packard and called Advocates for Scientific Knowledge.
      After Pat’s untimely death, we changed the name to Tri-State
      Advocates for Scientific Knowledge. Kenny was named as public
      relations director.

      One of the most celebrated cases of TASK was the 1996 and 1997
      UFO flap in southern Ohio. Kenny was very active at this time
      and retrieved so much information, that we couldn’t have solved
      the case without him.

      See:

      http://home.fuse.net/rschaffner/flap.htm

      http://home.fuse.net/ufo/flareinfo.html

      http://home.fuse.net/ufo/MARCH26.htm

      After the agreed reconstruction of TASK, Kenny went on to do
      some important research in such areas of Monsanto, Peebles, Ohio
      GE/Northrop plant and the Norwood, Ohio searchlight case of
      1949, which was initiated by the late Leonard Stringfield.

      Kenny had a natural instinct for working with local law
      enforcement and retrieving 9/11 emergency dispatch tapes, when a
      possible UFO or Bigfoot report was called in. I can remember
      helping him with his first FOIA request, as I told him how to
      get around the fees that some agencies wanted. After that, it
      was him that I turned to, to ask questions about this process.

      Perhaps his best retrieval was the Trumbull County, Ohio
      sightings by law enforcement, which chased a UFO in their
      cruisers and reported back to dispatch.

      Whenever there was case that needed more attention, Kenny was
      always there. I often wondered how he could afford all the long
      distance phone calls, but that didn’t matter to him, as long as
      he received the information he was looking for. If anybody ever
      needed a favor, you could always count of Kenny.

      Kenny always loved a great conspiracy story. He didn’t always
      believe in all of them, but enjoyed researching them anyway. I
      spent a lot of time talking with him about the “Federal
      Hypothesis”, Area 51 and Roswell.

      Kenny also enjoyed the Bigfoot phenomena, as he worked with me
      on some reports, such as the 1997 case that occurred in Adams
      County, Ohio. He investigated a few intriguing reports from the
      same area on his own and was the first to report and debunk the
      alleged Bigfoot “Campground Closures” of Salt Fork State Park in
      Northeastern Ohio.

      I also had the pleasure of assisting him in a strange creature
      report out of Indiana.

      < http://home.fuse.net/ufo/indianafigure04.html >

      Mr. Young was very active in assisting Natural Light productions
      (Bob Leibold) in producing the UFO LIVE UPDATE programs that
      were viewed in the Cincinnati area. Kenny would become a live
      panelist on this show and we won several awards. Kenny’s video
      clips were always a welcome sight. It was his idea to start a
      ‘point-counterpoint’ type of program to achieve 100%
      objectivity. Kenny was the advocate on the show and I would play
      the skeptic. It always worked out great and gave the audience
      the option to make up their own minds on the information we set
      forth. We had some real fun with this and some thought we were
      bitter at each other. That was far from the truth, as we always
      worked out the script before hand and laughed at each other
      about the acts we put on.

      There will always be more to say about this brilliant researcher
      and investigator. I have only touched on a few of his
      accomplishments.

      We will all miss you, Kenny. Hope you meet up with Pat and
      Leonard.

      From all of us at UFO Update in Cincinnati, Ohio
      The Ohio groups
      All the Forteans around the world

      Below is the bio of Kenny taken from his own web site:

      http://home.fuse.net/ufo/about.html
      http://home.fuse.net/ufo

      Please visit while the site is still on the Internet.

      Sincerely,

      Ron Schaffner
      Creature Chronicles
      http://home.fuse.net/rschaffner

      Kenny Young, webmaster of "UFO RESEARCH: CINCINNATI!" is a
      multi-award winning television producer, director and writer and
      formerly a State Section Director for M.U.F.O.N. and also a
      former public relations director of Tri-State Advocates for
      Scientific Knowledge. He is now an independent researcher and
      has lectured to large audiences about the UFO mystery and served
      as a host, panelist and debater on several TV programs including
      "UFO Update: LIVE!" and the award winning documentary "UFO
      REPORT."

      In addition to evaluating UFO and related claims, conducting
      field investigations and interviewing eyewitnesses and public
      officials, Young has worked successfully to obtain secret UFO
      video recordings held by the Department of Energy and has also
      obtained numerous 9-1-1 audio tapes of police/UFO incidents. In
      addition, he employs the Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) to
      petition the U.S. government for release of UFO-related
      documents.

      His articles have appeared in the "M.U.F.O.N. Journal," "UFO
      Magazine," "FATE Magazine" and "Equinox Magazine." He was the
      host and organizer of the 39th Annual 2003 National UFO
      Conference.

      Young's UFO investigations have also been featured nationally on
      the 2-hour NBC Television program "CONFIRMATION” as well as
      "SIGHTINGS on The Sci-Fi Channel." He has appeared on numerous
      radio programs including "Strange Days Indeed with Errol Bruce
      Knapp," "The Jeff Rense Show," "Coast to Coast A.M. with Art
      Bell," "Late Night with George Noory," "The Sci-Zone with Bill
      Boshears," "The X-Zone with Rob McConnell," "The Jim Hickman
      Report" and many others.

      Kenny Young lives in Florence, Kentucky and is also a musician,
      artist and employed as Info channel Coordinator for a cable
      television operation in the Greater Cincinnati area. He is also
      a freelance videographer and editor, specializing in graphic
      design.

      Young remains skeptical and objective concerning UFOs, but feels
      that a sober evaluation of the data suggests the phenomena
      warrants further scrutiny.

      -----

      "It is a capital mistake to theorize before you have all the
      evidence. Insensibly, one begins to twist the facts to suit
      theories, instead of theories to suit facts. It biases the
      judgment." --Sherlock Holmes