Nick Pope's Column

    Message 1 of 24 , Feb 1, 2005
      February 2005

      Weird World
      NICK POPE

      http://www.hotgossip.co.uk/February_2005/155.cntns

      Welcome to the February 2005 round up of news and views on UFOs, alien
      abductions, crop circles, ghosts, the paranormal, the unexplained, the
      weird and the wonderful.

      UFOs and the Freedom of Information Act

      As I predicted some time ago, information on UFOs has become one of the
      most popular subjects requested under the Freedom of Information Act,
      which came fully into force on January 1 2005. Indeed, it was one of a
      handful of subjects picked out for special mention by the National
      Archives. The National Archives marked the coming into force of the Act by
      proactively releasing a large number of government files, including
      several dealing with UFO sightings. There was extensive media coverage of
      this, including articles in The Independent and the Daily Mail. Details of
      the newly released UFO files can be found at the following link
      www.nationalarchives.gov.uk/releases/2005/ januaryfoi/list4.htm and more
      extensive UFO research can be done by accessing the main National Archives
      website at www.nationalarchives.gov.uk/ and searching the site, using a
      range of search terms such as UFO, unidentified, flying saucers, etc.

      Rendlesham Forest UFO Documents

      More UFO documents relating to the Rendlesham Forest UFO incident have
      been released, this time by Suffolk Police. Their holdings are limited and
      include some public correspondence, but also released for the first time
      is the police log of the incident. This can be viewed at the following
      link www.suffolk.police.uk/NR/rdonlyres/
      2EF34838-589D-4DA7-95F1-CA23BE34E924/ 0/unusuallights.pdf or by searching
      the Suffolk Police website www.suffolk.police.uk/ for information, using
      the keyword Rendlesham.

      Newcastle Science Festival

      I have been asked to appear at the Newcastle Science Festival, to give a
      lecture on UFOs. The festival runs from March 11-21 2005 and I will be
      appearing on Saturday March 12. I spoke last year at the Cheltenham
      Festival of Science and always welcome the opportunity to discuss the UFO
      phenomenon at a science event, as it presents an opportunity to explain
      that UFOs can and should be the study of serious study, done in line with
      proper scientific methodology. It was no coincidence that the Ministry of
      Defence UFO project has its roots in interest expressed by one of its
      Chief Scientific Advisers, the legendary radar pioneer Sir Henry Tizard.
      Details of the festival can be found at the following link
      www.newcastlesciencefestival.co.uk/ and the website will shortly be
      updated to give more details of the various presentations. If you can get
      along, I look forward to seeing you.

      Sunday Express UFO Article

      On January 30 2005 the Sunday Express ran a double page UFO feature in its
      review section. The article featured UFO researcher Philip Mantle, UFO
      witness Craig Malcolm from the Scottish UFO hotspot Bonnybridge, and James
      Millen, an abductee. There was some more general background information on
      the subject and I was quoted commenting on the British Government UFO
      project and on the Rendlesham Forest UFO case involving the twin bases at
      RAF Bentwaters and RAF Woodbridge.

      X-Conference 2005

      The second X-Conference, organised by Stephen Bassett, will be held on
      April 22-24 2005, in Washington DC. Check out
      www.paradigmclock.com/X-Conference/X-Conference.htm for details of the
      conference, and check www.paradigmclock.com/ for details of the wider UFO
      disclosure orientated work undertaken by Stephen Bassett. The details of
      the participating speakers are now firming up and include Stanton
      Friedman, Ann Druffel, Robert and Ryan Wood, Jaime Maussan, Michael Salla,
      Paola Harris, Richard Dolan and Alfred Webre. I will cover this extensive
      conference in further detail as the event approaches.

      Daniel Augusto Chiesa

      For those interested in UFOs and Egyptology, and a possible link between
      the subjects, check out www.danaug.com for details of the thoughts,
      experiences and related artwork of Daniel Augusto Chiesa.

      White Noise

      Electronic Voice Phenomenon is a way in which many believe the voices of
      the dead can be picked up and listened to. This used to be regarded as a
      fringe paranormal phenomenon, but has now attracted the attention of
      Hollywood. A movie entitled White Noise has now been released, covering
      the subject. Starring Michael Keaton, the movie tells the story of a man
      offered the opportunity to contact his dead wife. Check out
      www.whitenoisemovie.com for details.

      Andrew Lownie

      Andrew Lownie, a UK literary agent who represents a number of writers on
      the UFO phenomenon, has recently updated his new website. Check out
      www.andrewlownie.co.uk for details of Andrew and his work.

      Ed's Note:

      Nick Pope has written four books. Open Skies, Closed Minds is an overview
      of the UFO phenomenon with the emphasis on his official Ministry of
      Defence research and investigation. The Uninvited is an overview of the
      alien abduction mystery. Operation Thunder Child and Operation Lightning
      Strike are science fiction novels about alien invasion, incorporating UFO
      and abduction data. All four titles are available from most good bookshops
      and all the usual Internet book sites.

      Nick Pope has a website, which can be accessed at www.nickpope.net

      © Knight International
      www.knight-intl.com
      Message 2 of 24 , Mar 5, 2005
        March 2005

        Weird World
        NICK POPE

        http://www.hotgossip.co.uk/March_2005/165.cntns

        Welcome to the March 2005 round up of news and views on UFOs, alien
        abductions, crop circles, ghosts, the paranormal, the unexplained, the
        weird and the wonderful.

        Daily Mail UFO Article

        Media interest in UFO documents and files released under the Freedom of
        Information Act continues, and many national and local newspapers have run
        features on the subject. I was commissioned by the daily Mail to write a
        full page article on this, which duly appeared on February 2. The article
        covered the history of the Ministry of Defence UFO project, and
        highlighted some of the most interesting sightings that the Department has
        investigated.

        Newcastle Science Festival

        I will be speaking at the Newcastle Science Festival on Saturday March 12.
        Details of the festival can be found at
        http://www.newcastlesciencefestival.co.uk while the hyperlink
        http://www.newcastlesciencefestival.co.uk/eventdetail.asp?e=49 should take
        you to brief details of my presentation. I spoke last year at the
        Cheltenham Festival of Science and have previously debated the subject at
        the Dana Centre, which is part of the Science Museum in London. I always
        welcome the opportunity to discuss the UFO phenomenon at a science event,
        as it presents an opportunity to explain that UFOs can and should be the
        study of serious study, done in line with proper scientific methodology.
        If you can get to Newcastle, I look forward to seeing you.

        Species III

        I have been doing some promotional work in respect of the forthcoming
        rental release of the new collectors edition DVD of the cult sci-fi movie
        Species III. The DVD will be released on March 28, and stars Natasha
        Henstridge and Sunny Mabrey. As anybody who has watched Metropolis or
        Barbarella will tell you, sex and sci-fi mix very well. Species III is a
        case in point. Look out for the DVD with its numerous special features,
        and for various UFO and alien related articles coinciding with the
        release. Sci-fi and horror fans alike will love this.

        Aliens: Why They Are Here

        Sunday Times cultural commentator Bryan Appleyard has a new book published
        in March, examining the UFO and alien abduction phenomenon in a cultural
        context. Although not yet received for review, the book - published by
        Simon & Schuster - is bound to provoke debate. More on this next month.

        Blue Book Archive

        The United States Air Force UFO research effort, codenamed Project Blue
        Book, was the big brother, so to speak, of the UK project that I stewarded
        from 1991 to 1994. The archives are extensive, and still a great resource
        for anyone with a serious interest in UFOs. Check out
        http://www.bluebookarchive.org for access to this fantastic ufological
        resource.

        The Hijack - Remote Viewing Novel

        Thriller author Duncan Falconer has written several best-selling novels
        dealing with terrorism and special forces. He knows his stuff, as they
        say. His book The Hijack, apart from being an exciting read, covers the
        subject of remote viewing. Alternatively known as psychic spying, this
        technique has been tried by various governments, to see if they can use it
        to locate submarines, drugs caches and other items of interest. When I ran
        the UK UFO project I had a steady stream of people volunteering to psychic
        spy for their county, simply because my office became the focal point for
        anything weird and wonderful. It is interesting to see the concept worked
        into a novel, especially one so gripping as this. Check out
        http://www.andrewlownie.co.uk/books/falconer.duncan/hijack.shtml for
        further details.

        http://www.paradigmclock.com/X-Conference/X-Conference.htm for details of
        the conference, and check http://www.paradigmclock.com/ for details of the
        wider UFO disclosure orientated work undertaken by Stephen Bassett. The
        details of the participating speakers are now firming up and include
        Stanton Friedman, Ann Druffel, Robert and Ryan Wood, Jaime Maussan,
        Michael Salla, Paola Harris, Richard Dolan and Alfred Webre.

        Psychic Detective

        The TV show Psychic Detective is looking for people who have had a
        mysterious death or disappearance in the family, with a view to engaging a
        psychic medium to look into the case. I am not involved with this show,
        and sceptics would doubtless regard this as exploitative, but some people
        may want to engage in this, and one should never prejudge the results. The
        TV production company can be contacted by email on
        psychic.detective@... or telephoned on 020 7515 2332.

        Nick Pope has a website, which can be accessed at www.nickpope.net

        © Knight International
        www.knight-intl.com
        Message 3 of 24 , Apr 4 3:55 AM
          April 2005

          http://www.hotgossip.co.uk/April_2005/172.cntns

          Weird World
          NICK POPE

          Welcome to the April 2005 round up of news and views on UFOs, alien
          abductions, crop circles, ghosts, the paranormal, the unexplained, the
          weird and the wonderful.

          Bizarre

          Page 114 of the May issue of Bizarre contains an interview with me, in
          which I describe some of the weird and wonderful cases that I came across
          while running the UFO Project at the Ministry of Defence. I cover some UFO
          sightings that are explained and others that remain a mystery, delve into
          the issue of cover-ups and conspiracies, and look at alien abductions.
          Although covering a full page, the interview is a heavily edited version
          of what was a lengthy discussion, and inevitably, a couple of comments
          have been taken out of context. Furthermore, Bizarre is a somewhat risqué
          magazine that some might find offensive. However, it is more evidence that
          the media are taking an increased interest in UFOs.

          Asteroid Alert

          As an Associate Member of Spaceguard UK, a lobby group raising awareness
          on the threat posed to the Earth by comets and asteroids, I was pleased to
          see the Daily Mail run a full page article on March 15, dealing with the
          work of Scottish scientist Dr Gianmarco Radice. Radice works at the
          Aerospace Engineering Department at Glasgow University and has won a
          research grant from the UK Engineering and Physical Sciences Research
          Council. Unlike most current work, his study will focus not on detection,
          but on the technology of interception and deflection. Check
          http://www.spaceguarduk.com/ for information of the threat we face and the
          action being taken to deal with it.

          Newcastle Science Festival

          My March 12 talk at Newcastle Science Festival was a great success, with
          an audience of around 350 and a question time that ran on for a long time
          after the scheduled period. It is easy to talk at UFO conferences, because
          there is a sense that one is preaching to the converted. It is more
          difficult to discuss UFOs at science events, and yet this will probably
          achieve more, in the longer term. I was particularly pleased to see so
          many young people taking such an active interest.

          The Beast of Sydenham

          More big cat sightings from the UK, with children being kept inside and
          armed police roaming the streets trying to track it down. I have been
          warning of this threat for years and have predicted that, tragically, it
          is only a matter of time before a child is killed. The latest alert
          follows an attack on a 36 year old man and a sighting by a police officer.
          In a related story, farmers in Oxfordshire have put up a reward for the
          capture of a big cat held responsible for killing livestock.

          Species III

          As mentioned in my last column, I have been doing some promotional work in
          respect of the forthcoming rental release of the new collectors edition
          DVD of the cult sci-fi movie Species III. The DVD was released on March 28
          and stars Natasha Henstridge and Sunny Mabrey. As anybody who has watched
          Metropolis or Barbarella will tell you, sex and sci-fi mix very well.
          Species III is a case in point. Look out for the DVD with its numerous
          special features. Sci-fi and horror fans alike will love it. A series of
          UFO and alien abduction related articles are appearing to coincide with
          the launch of the DVD, of which the article in Bizarre magazine is the
          first.

          Aliens: Why They Are Here

          Sunday Times cultural commentator Bryan Appleyard has a new book published
          in March, examining the UFO and alien abduction phenomenon in a cultural
          context. I have now received a review copy and am midway through the book.
          Although I do not agree with some of the points Bryan makes, this is a
          very well written book and easily the most significant addition to the
          ufological literature in recent years. Go to
          http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/
          0743256859/qid=1111928893/sr=1-1/ref=sr_1_10_1/
          026-6976479-4448465 for details of the book and how to order it.

          X-Conference 2005

          Time is running out for those of you who wish to attend the second
          X-Conference, organised by Stephen Bassett, which will be held on April
          22-24 2005, in Washington DC. Check out
          http://www.paradigmclock.com/X-Conference/
          X-Conference.htm for details of the conference, and check
          http://www.paradigmclock.com/ for details of the wider UFO disclosure
          orientated work undertaken by Stephen Bassett. The participating speakers
          are now confirmed and include Stanton Friedman, Ann Druffel, Robert and
          Ryan Wood, Jaime Maussan, Michael Salla, Paola Harris, Richard Dolan and
          Alfred Webre. It promises to be a superb conference, and while this is
          primarily aimed at US readers, a fair few Brits made the trek over last
          year, and very much enjoyed themselves. And Washington in springtime is
          one of those trips that everybody should make once in a lifetime, to see
          the cherry trees in bloom, visit the White House and marvel at the Wright
          Flyer, on display at the Smithsonian.

          Nick Pope has a website, which can be accessed at www.nickpope.net

          © Knight International
          www.knight-intl.com
          Message 4 of 24 , May 5, 2005
            May 2005

            Weird World
            NICK POPE

            Welcome to the May 2005 round up of news and views on UFOs, alien
            abductions, crop circles, ghosts, the paranormal, the unexplained, the
            weird and the wonderful.

            http://www.hotgossip.co.uk/May_2005/181.cntns

            London UFO Conference

            Details of what promises to be the most ambitious UFO conference held in
            the UK for several years have now been announced. The Scientific Evidence
            For UFOs is a one day conference being held in London on Saturday June 11.
            Keynote speakers are Dr Richard Haines, Timothy Good, Dr Vladimir Rubtsov,
            Dr Viktor Zhuravlev and myself. Click on
            http://www.wddty.co.uk/ufo_conference_info.asp for further details of this
            major UFO conference.

            Countdown To Oblivion

            Recently received for review, an extraordinary new book about alien
            abductions, entitled Countdown To Oblivion. Written by D J Haskell and
            published by Trafford Publishing (UK) Ltd, this book reads in many ways
            more like some of the old contactee titles. Some may see this book as
            quite New Age in its approach, and sceptics will doubtless question much
            of the material, especially that part relating to the enigmatic entity
            referred to as The Stranger. However, this is an intriguing addition to
            alien abduction literature, and is bound to spark debate about the true
            nature of the UFO phenomenon and the alien abduction mystery. Check out
            www.trafford.com for further details.

            Mars

            In the aftermath of the ill fated Beagle 2 mission, the European Space
            Agency has announced its intention to return to the Red Planet, with a new
            mission due to leave the Earth in 2011 and arrive in 2013. This new
            mission would again include a roving robot, and a key aim would be to
            search for evidence of life. The details of the mission have yet to be
            agreed, but the intention is clear. One option being considered is a
            mission to return Martian rocks to Earth for study.

            Nexus Conference

            Nexus magazine runs an interesting mix of esoteric material, conspiracy
            theories, allegedly suppressed information, ufology and the paranormal.
            Their annual conference is due to take place from May 13 - 15 in
            Amsterdam. Speakers will include Laurence Gardner, Linda Moulton Howe,
            David Hatcher Childress, Alfred Lambremont Webre and Nexus publisher and
            editor Duncan Roads. Subjects to be covered include the Tunguska incident,
            Mary Magdalene, UFO crash retrievals, ancient Egyptian knowledge, mind
            control and out of body experiences. Check out www.nexusmagazine.com for
            details.

            Moon Dust

            Andrew smith has written a fascinating new book about the space programme,
            focusing on how the Apollo astronauts adjusted to life back on Earth. This
            is an extraordinary book about some extraordinary men. The views of Edgar
            Mitchell are interesting, and his deeply spiritual beliefs have already
            been published in his own fascinating book, The Way of the Explorer.
            Nonetheless, one is left with a sense that these extraordinary brave
            individuals have found it difficult to adjust to life back on Earth, as if
            everything that followed their brief adventure was an anti climax.
            Fascinating, tragic and a little disturbing.

            More Planet Earths

            British scientists at the Open University have published new theories
            supporting the idea that approximately half of all planetary systems could
            harbour a planet like Earth. The new theoretical models suggest that such
            planets may exist in far greater numbers than previously suggested,
            offering the tantalising prospect that extraterrestrial life could be far
            more widespread than previous estimates made by SETI scientists such as
            Frank Drake. The research has been published in Astrophysical Journal.

            New Piatkus Catalogue

            The new Piatkus book catalogue is out, detailing titles due to be
            published in the second half of 2005. Piatkus publish a wide range of
            paranormal and New Age titles, and books in the latest catalogue include
            Phenomenon by Sylvia Browne and Life Before Life, a book by Dr Jim B
            Tucker about reincarnation claims made by children. Check out
            www.piatkus.co.uk for further details.

            Nick Pope has a website, which can be accessed at www.nickpope.net

            © Knight International
            www.knight-intl.com
            Message 5 of 24 , Jun 9, 2005
              June 2005

              Weird World
              NICK POPE

              http://www.hotgossip.co.uk/June_2005/190.cntns

              Welcome to the June 2005 round up of news and views on UFOs, alien
              abductions, crop circles, ghosts, the paranormal, the unexplained, the
              weird and the wonderful.

              The Scientific Evidence For UFOs

              Details of what promises to be the most ambitious UFO conference held in
              the UK for several years have now been announced. The Scientific Evidence
              For UFOs is a one day conference being held in London on Saturday June 11,
              at the Friends Meeting House on Euston Road. Keynote speakers include Dr
              Richard Haines, Dr Vladimir Rubtsov, Dr Viktor Zhuravlev and myself. Click
              on www.wddty.co.uk/ufo_conference_info.asp for further details of this
              major UFO conference, which is latest in the series of conferences
              organised by Living The Field. Check out www.livingthefield.com for
              details of this organisation.

              Festival of Near Death Experience

              On July 29 a bizarre festival will be held in North West Spain, close to
              the border with Portugal. People who have had near death experiences come
              together to celebrate their resurrection as part of a bizarre event that
              one suspects the Catholic Church only tolerates with extreme reluctance,
              despite a nod to their patron saint of resurrection, Santa Marta De
              Ribarteme. Those who have had these experiences take part in a procession,
              carrying or lying in a coffin. The celebration is held in the town of As
              Neves in Galicia, but other towns in the region, such as Amil, have
              similar events. Search within the www.tourspain.es site for details, or
              try Google.

              Astraea Magazine

              I have just recorded a major new interview with Astraea Magazine, an
              exciting new internet magazine devoted to a wide range of esoteric
              subjects. Experts already featured include Dr Robert Lomas and Michael
              Cremo, while the subjects range from Egyptology and Black Madonnas to
              Freemasonry and UFOs. Check out www.astraeamagazine.com for more details.

              New Jack The Ripper Theory

              Author Trevor Marriott has a new theory about Jack The Ripper, which he
              has published in a new book, entitled Jack The Ripper: The 21st Century
              Investigation. Marriott suggests that the Ripper may have been a sailor,
              and draws parallels between the London attacks and killings in Nicaragua.
              He even identifies a cargo vessel on which he believes the Ripper may have
              served, and attempts to track his movements around the globe, tying them
              in to brutal murders that fit the modus operandi of the Ripper.

              Results of Alien Abduction Study

              Regular readers of this column will recall that I have featured the work
              of Professor Chris French at Goldsmiths College, University of London, who
              has recently undertaken a scientific study into the alien abduction
              phenomenon. I had a meeting with Chris and his team at the outset of the
              project, discussing methodology, helped promote the study and encouraged
              abductees I had worked with to take part. The analysis is now complete and
              Chris will be giving an overview of the study at a conference to be held
              at Liverpool Hope University College on Saturday June 4. Check out
              www.hope.ac.uk/anomalousexperience/programme.htm for details of this talk
              and other lectures in the Developing Perspectives on Anomalous Experience
              conference. Other topics covered will include séances, out of body
              experiences, hauntings and ESP. The full report on the abduction study
              will be ready shortly after Chris presents his overview on June 4. I will
              return to this in my column next month.

              Crop Circles

              The crops are ripening in the fields, and it will not be long before the
              debate about crop circles resurfaces, as it does every summer, in England.
              I await with interest the annual reports, and suspect that they will begin
              shortly. I suspect that in my column next month, I will have some
              interesting things to report.

              UFOs on TV

              Because of the fact that I used to head the UFO Project run by the British
              Government, I am frequently approached by television and film production
              companies, asking me to give interviews, act as consultant or present
              shows dealing with this subject. I try to help out when I can, although
              the pressure of other business precludes the time I have for such media
              projects. What I can say is that there are numerous UFO related media
              projects which will be appearing on your TV screens shortly.

              Nick Pope has a website, which can be accessed at www.nickpope.net

              © Knight International
              www.knight-intl.com
              Message 6 of 24 , Jul 2, 2005
                July 2005

                Weird World
                NICK POPE

                http://www.hotgossip.co.uk/July_2005/199.cntns

                Welcome to the July 2005 round up of news and views on UFOs, alien
                abductions, crop circles, ghosts, the paranormal, the unexplained, the
                weird and the wonderful.

                Microsoft, UFOs and Aliens

                I have been asked to judge a competition being run by Microsoft. MSN
                Spaces are inviting people to submit a picture (real or fake) of a UFO or
                alien, and follow the clues to track down the location of a hidden UFO
                base. Prizes include a holiday in Florida with VIP access to the NASA
                Space Center at Cape Canaveral, a digital camcorder, MP3 players and the
                trendy new Qee toys. Check out http://www.msnspacerace.co.uk/ for details,
                or enter the phrase MSN Space Race into Google.

                Crop Circle Conference 2005

                On August 13, 14 and 15 the Wiltshire Crop Circle Study Group are putting
                on what promises to be one of the largest crop circle conferences in
                recent years. The conference will be held at Marlborough College and
                speakers include Francine Blake, Michael Glickman, John Major Jenkins and
                Jay Goldner. Helicopter flights over crop circles and sacred dances in
                formations will also be available. Email wccsg@... for further
                details.

                Glastonbury Symposium 2005

                The other big crop circle conference is the annual Glastonbury Symposium.
                This will be held on July 22, 23 and 24 in the Town Hall at Glastonbury,
                and speakers include Andy Thomas, Robin Heath, John Michell, Marcus Allen
                and Sir Laurence Gardner. Check out www.glastonburysymposium.co.uk for
                further details.

                Crop Circles and The Sun

                Top UK tabloid The Sun put a crop circle on its front page on June 10.
                Under the headline Aliens Back Our Bid, the newspaper featured a formation
                in the shape of the Olympic symbol. The Sun was behind the stunt, and
                admitted they had commissioned the making of the formation, but it was a
                timely reminder of the enduring power of crop circle imagery, and the
                extent to which this is now part of popular culture.

                The War of the Worlds

                The must see movie of the summer, The War of the Worlds, is now on general
                release here in the UK. It remains to be seen whether such a Hollywood
                blockbuster will

                Exopolitics

                Alfred Lambremont Webre has authored a book entitled Exopolitics. His
                involvement with the study of the UFO phenomenon includes work with the
                Carter Administration and the prestigious Stanford Research Institute.
                Exopolitics is a controversial part of ufology, which attempts to define
                the position of humanity in a Universe populated with other intelligent
                civilisations. Check out http://www.exopolitics.com/ for details of the
                subject, and
                http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/0973766301/qid=1119385731/sr=1-2/ref=sr_1_2/104-8721351-2327150?v=glance&s=books
                for details of the book. Alternatively, key the word Exopolitics into
                Google or Amazon. Subtitled Politics, Government, and Law in the Universe,
                this book is bound to be controversial.

                The Secret History of Lucifer

                A fascinating book by top paranormal and esoteric author Lynn Picknett
                threatens to challenge everything you thought you knew about Lucifer.
                People expecting satanic revelations will be disappointed, because it
                seems the devil has been much maligned. Lucifer, Lynn suggests, has far
                more to do with Goddess worship, pagan rituals and enlightenment than
                anything evil. The subtitle Evil Angel or the Secret of Life Itself well
                illustrates the debate at the heart of this book. Check out
                http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/078671560X/104-8721351-2327150?v=glance
                for further details of the book, or search for the title on Google. And
                stand by for fireworks when this controversial book falls into the hands
                of the fundamentalist, patriarchal Christians that Lynn so despises. A
                more comprehensive review of this extraordinary, interesting,
                well-researched and controversial book will appear next month.

                Alien Abduction Study

                As mentioned in my column last month, the scientific study into the alien
                abduction phenomenon carried out by Professor Chris French at Goldsmiths
                College, University of London, has now been completed. I had a meeting
                with Chris and his team at the outset of the project, discussing
                methodology. I also helped promote the study and encouraged abductees I
                had worked with to take part. The analysis is now complete and Chris gave
                an overview of the study at a conference held at Liverpool Hope University
                College on Saturday June 4. Check out
                http://www.hope.ac.uk/anomalousexperience/programme.htm for details of
                this talk. The full report on the abduction study will be ready shortly.
                Chris forwarded me a copy of his paper, but asked me not to post it for
                now, as this might cause problems with subsequent publication in
                scientific journals. He did, however, say that I could post a summary of
                the paper. I am wary of this, as I am not a scientist, but I think I can
                safely say the following. The study involved 19 abductees (8 male, 11
                female) and a control group matched by age and gender. The study looked
                for postulated psychological differences between the two groups, for
                differences in susceptibility to false memories and for differences in ESP
                and PK abilities. Significant differences were found in areas such as
                tendency to hallucinate, absorption and dissociative tendencies. The
                results were less clear on fantasy-proneness, while no significant
                differences were found on susceptibility to false memory. Greater
                incidence of sleep paralysis was found among the abductees, though it was
                acknowledged that this might be a symptom of, and not an explanation for,
                alien abduction. The tests on paranormal abilities did not appear to show
                any significant differences, though there was one apparent difference on
                the clairvoyance test, which I am attempting to clarify. Once the paper
                has been published in scientific journals, I will feature a more detailed
                analysis in this column.

                Nick Pope has a website, which can be accessed at www.nickpope.net

                © Knight International
                www.knight-intl.com
                Message 7 of 24 , Aug 7, 2005
                  August 2005

                  Weird World
                  NICK POPE

                  http://www.hotgossip.co.uk/August_2005/208.cntns

                  Welcome to the August 2005 round up of news and views on UFOs, alien
                  abductions, crop circles, ghosts, the paranormal, the unexplained, the
                  weird and the wonderful.

                  MSN Space Race

                  There is still time to enter the UFO competition being run by Microsoft.
                  Have you got a photograph of a UFO? Have you managed to take a picture of
                  an alien? If not, do you think you could fake one good enough to fool the
                  experts? And can you follow the clues to track down the location of a
                  hidden UFO base? I have been asked to judge this competition, as has
                  former Ministry of Defence scientist Peter Varnish. The prizes include a
                  holiday in Florida with VIP access to the NASA Space Center at Cape
                  Canaveral, a digital camcorder, MP3 players and lots of trendy new Qee
                  toys. Check out http://www.msnspacerace.co.uk/ for details, or enter the
                  phrase MSN Space Race into Google. The venture has been widely reported in
                  the national media, but please, do not believe some of the bizarre
                  conspiracy theories circulating on the internet. This is not a ruse on the
                  part of British intelligence to gather information about ufologists, or to
                  amass a collection of UFO photographs previously outside our control. It
                  is a fun competition for UFO witnesses or people with an interest in the
                  subject.

                  War Of The Worlds

                  If you only see one movie this summer, make sure you see this sensational
                  sci-fi blockbuster. Spielberg is back to his best, Cruise is superb and
                  the special effects are ... out of this world. I gave a brief interview
                  about the possibility of a real war of the worlds a sci-fi supplement that
                  appears in the current issue of the film magazine Empire. But please, with
                  all movies like this, see it on the big screen at the cinema. Enjoy!

                  Beagle 2 Inquest

                  The chances of Beagle 2 succeeding on Mars were a million to one, but
                  still ... sorry. Joking aside, the powerful Public Accounts Committee have
                  published a critical report into the much publicised failure of the Beagle
                  2 mission, citing poor risk management, last minute technical changes,
                  over ambitious timescales and funding uncertainties as reasons for the
                  failure.

                  Conspiracies

                  I hope regular readers of this column have caught the new series of
                  Conspiracies. Broadcast on Sky One on Sunday evenings at 9pm, the second
                  series of this show has delved into some intriguing areas, including Waco
                  and the Lockerbie bomb. One of the programmes in the second series will
                  relate to UFOs, so watch this space.

                  Haunted Homes

                  Do you have a ghost in your house? If you do, a new TV series wants to
                  hear from you. If you believe you are living with a paranormal presence
                  and want it investigated, email gemmachapman@... and give
                  the details. A psychic and other paranormal experts are involved with the
                  Haunted Homes TV show, which is a new series being developed for ITV.

                  Crop Circle Conference 2005

                  On August 13, 14 and 15 the Wiltshire Crop Circle Study Group are putting
                  on what promises to be one of the largest crop circle conferences in
                  recent years. The conference will be held at Marlborough College and
                  speakers include Francine Blake, Michael Glickman, John Major Jenkins and
                  Jay Goldner. Helicopter flights over crop circles and sacred dances in
                  formations will also be available. Email wccsg@... for further
                  details.

                  North Wales

                  A new website has been set up concentrating on UFO sightings in North
                  Wales. The area has seen a number of fascinating UFO sightings over the
                  years, and the website covers an interesting mix of UFO and abduction
                  related material, including information on some famous Welsh cases such as
                  the Berwyn Mountain crash, the Broadhaven Triangle, strange activity on
                  Denbigh Moor and the UFO sightings at Great Orme, one of the top ten UFO
                  hotspots in the UK. Check out www.nwalesufos.com for details of this new
                  but fast growing website.

                  Nick Pope has a website, which can be accessed at www.nickpope.net

                  © Knight International
                  www.knight-intl.com
                  Message 8 of 24 , Sep 5, 2005
                    September 2005

                    Weird World
                    NICK POPE

                    Welcome to the September 2005 round up of news and views on UFOs, alien
                    abductions, crop circles, ghosts, the paranormal, the unexplained, the
                    weird and the wonderful.

                    Metro - 60 Second Interview

                    On 10 August I appeared in Metro, the popular free newspaper read by most
                    London commuters. I was featured in their regular 60 Second Interview
                    slot, and used the opportunity to tell people about my time on the
                    Ministry of Defence UFO Project. I was also pictured on the front cover,
                    which I had not expected. This is a tremendously high-profile feature -
                    other recent interviewees include Norman Cook and Sandra Bullock - so was
                    a wonderful opportunity to promote ufology and the paranormal more
                    generally. Click on http://www.metro.co.uk/metro/interviews/
                    interview.html%3Fin_page_id=8&in_interview_id=1144 to see the interview in
                    its entirety.

                    Forbidden Knowledge

                    One of the biggest esoteric conferences ever held in the UK will be held
                    on Saturday 1 July 2006. Speakers include Alan Alford, Andrew Collins,
                    Michael Cremo, Paul Devereux, Philip Gardiner, Lionel Fanthorpe, Gary
                    Osborn, Karen Ralls and myself. The conference will be held at Kings Hall
                    in Stoke on Trent and is already attracting massive interest from all
                    those interested in forbidden knowledge, Earth mysteries, the paranormal,
                    mysticism, ancient mysteries and other esoteric subjects. On a related
                    subject, a new book by Philip Gardiner and Gary Osborn, entitled The
                    Serpent Grail, will be published on 15 September by Watkins Publishing.
                    Click on the official Philip Gardiner website at
                    http://www.philipgardiner.net for more details on the book and on
                    http://www.phil.fah-designs.com/forbiddenknews1.pdf for details of the
                    conference.

                    QuestCon05

                    For those of you who are unable to wait to 2006 for a big conference on
                    various esoteric subjects, check out QuestCon05. Organised by Andrew
                    Collins, the event will be held in London on Saturday 5 November. Speakers
                    include Andrew Collins, Graham Phillips, Colin Wilson, Philip Gardiner and
                    Gary Osborn. Click on http://www.andrewcollins.com/page/
                    conference/conferencenews.htm for more details of what promises to be an
                    informative and intriguing conference.

                    Curried Meatballs and Alien Abduction

                    The Ministry of Defence has run a news feature on some of the Freedom of
                    Information requests it has received since the Act came fully into force
                    on 1 January this year. A light-hearted news feature entitled Curried
                    Meatballs and Alien Abductions appeared recently on the MOD website,
                    highlighting the wide range of requests that the MOD has received. Many
                    requests have related to information on UFOs and alien abductions, and the
                    MOD news feature picks out a couple. Click on http://news.mod.uk/
                    news_headline_story2.asp?newsItem_id=3474 for details of the story.

                    Ufology is Dead - Again

                    Another local UFO group ran short of sightings, prompting media
                    speculation that ufology is dead. Several national newspapers ran articles
                    on this and I was quoted in The Guardian, commenting on the story. I
                    subsequently discussed this on BBC Radio Scotland and pointed out that
                    stories like this were often the making of the UFO group concerned, as
                    they get publicity which prompts people to send them the very UFO reports
                    they complain are not forthcoming.

                    MSN Space Race

                    The UFO competition run by Microsoft has now closed. Entrants were asked
                    to send in photographs of UFOs or aliens, real or fake, and to follow a
                    series of clues to guess the location of a secret base where UFOs were
                    being kept. The prizes included a holiday in Florida with VIP access to
                    the NASA Space Center at Cape Canaveral, a digital camcorder, MP3 players
                    and lots of trendy Qee key rings. I was asked to judge this competition,
                    along with former Ministry of Defence scientist Peter Varnish. There was a
                    fair bit of coverage of this competition in the media, but provoked quite
                    a negative reaction on various discussion groups and blogs. The apparent
                    coming together of Microsoft, NASA and the MOD in a UFO-related venture
                    made many conspiracy theorists suspicious. There were rumours that the
                    competition was aimed at gathering information about ufologists, or
                    amassing a collection of genuine UFO photographs that had not previously
                    been seen by officialdom. There were accusations that the whole
                    competition was a disinformation project aimed at undermining ufology by
                    blurring the line between fact and fiction, and some people even went so
                    far as to encourage people to complain to Microsoft. In fact, the whole
                    thing was a fun idea, and when we came to the judging, Peter and I
                    assessed the entries not just for realism but for creativity, originality
                    and humour. Check out the MSN Space Race website at
                    http://www.msnspacerace.co.uk/ for a look at the winning entries and the
                    runners-up.

                    Crop Circle Formations of 2005

                    There may not have been much in the newspapers, but the crop circle
                    phenomenon is still very much with us. The summer of 2005 has seen some
                    beautiful formations appearing in the fields of England. Whether you
                    believe crop circles are made by people, Earth energies or
                    extraterrestrials, they are undeniably fascinating. Click on
                    http://www.cropcircleconnector.com/2005/2005.html or
                    http://www.temporarytemples.co.uk/2005/ for details of 2005 formations.

                    Nick Pope has a website, which can be accessed at www.nickpope.net

                    © Knight International
                    www.knight-intl.com
                    Message 9 of 24 , Oct 4, 2005
                      October 2005

                      Weird World
                      NICK POPE

                      http://www.hotgossip.co.uk/October_2005/226.cntns

                      Welcome to the October 2005 round up of news and views on UFOs, alien
                      abductions, crop circles, ghosts, the paranormal, the unexplained, the
                      weird and the wonderful.

                      The Science of Aliens

                      The Science Museum is not the sort of place you would normally expect to
                      find an exhibition and debate about UFOs, and yet that is exactly what is
                      happening. The Science Museum is running a major new exhibition called The
                      Science of Aliens, looking at UFOs, alien abductions and the most profound
                      question of the modern era - are we alone in the Universe? To complement
                      the exhibition, the Science Museum is running three debates at their new
                      Dana Centre site. I shall be taking part in one of these. Tickets are free
                      but must be pre-booked. Check out http://www.sciencemuseum.org.uk/aliens/
                      for details of the exhibition http://www.danacentre.org.uk/ for details of
                      the Dana Centre or http://www.sciencemuseum.org.uk/corporate_commercial/
                      press/ShowPressRelease.asp?Show=336 for information about the debates.

                      Astraea Magazine & Web Radio

                      An absolutely fascinating series of interviews on a wide range of
                      paranormal, mysterious and esoteric subjects can be accessed via Astraea
                      Magazine & Web Radio. Subjects covered range from Freemasonry to Jack the
                      Ripper, while I give one of the most wide-ranging interviews I have given
                      in recent years on the Ministry of Defence UFO Project. Check out
                      http://www.astraeamagazine.com/radio.php for details of the interviews and
                      http://www.astraeamagazine.com/ for details of the magazine.

                      Heavenly Lights: The Apparitions of Fatima and the UFO Phenomenon

                      A controversial new book (or rather, an English language translation of a
                      classic Portuguese book) suggests that the mysterious Fatima incident in
                      1917 may have involved UFOs and not a manifestation of the Blessed Virgin
                      Mary, as some believe. Heavenly Lights: The Apparitions of Fatima and the
                      UFO Phenomenon is written by Portuguese academics Joaquim Fernandes and
                      Fina d' Armada, and has a foreword by Jacques Vallee. Intriguing and
                      provocative. Check out www.eccenova.com and follow the links to the media
                      kit for more details, or check out the usual online book sites.

                      The Serpent Grail

                      A fascinating new book by Philip Gardiner and Gary Osborn, entitled The
                      Serpent Grail, was published on 15 September by Watkins Publishing and is
                      generating a lot of excitement among those with an interest in forbidden
                      knowledge and ancient mysteries. The book looks at stories of the Holy
                      Grail, the Philosopher's Stone and the Elixir of Life, and links these
                      concepts with shamanism and enlightenment. Running through all this and
                      providing, the authors believe, the key to unlocking numerous mysteries,
                      is serpent mythology. This is a well-researched, well-written and
                      thought-provoking book. Click on the official Philip Gardiner website at
                      http://www.philipgardiner.net/ for more details, or check out the usual
                      online book sites.

                      QuestCon05

                      Still on the subject of esoteric knowledge, there are still some tickets
                      left for QuestCon05. Organised by Andrew Collins, the event will be held
                      in London on Saturday 5 November. Speakers include Andrew Collins, Graham
                      Phillips, Colin Wilson, Jeremy Narby, Philip Gardiner and Gary Osborn.
                      Click on http://www.andrewcollins.com/page/
                      conference/conferencenews.htm for more details of what promises to be an
                      informative and intriguing conference.

                      An American Demonology

                      Coming soon, from the self-styled bad man of ufology, possibly one of the
                      most important UFO books to have hit the bookshelves for some time. An
                      American Demonology is a biography of Captain Edward Ruppelt, a United
                      States Air Force officer who ran Project Blue Book, the US Government UFO
                      Project. Ruppelt went on to write The Report on Unidentified Flying
                      Objects, arguably the most important UFO book ever written. Bennett delves
                      into the work and the mindset of this extraordinary character, and in
                      doing so says much about UFOs, ufology, and America in the Fifties. Jerome
                      Clark wrote the foreword and I wrote the introduction. Bennett is an
                      experienced biographer whose previous subjects have been Charles Fort and
                      George Adamski. More on An American Demonology soon.

                      Nick Pope has a website, which can be accessed at www.nickpope.net

                      © Knight International
                      www.knight-intl.com
                      Message 10 of 24 , Nov 4, 2005
                        November 2005

                        Weird World
                        NICK POPE

                        http://www.hotgossip.co.uk/November_2005/235.cntns

                        Welcome to the November 2005 round up of news and views on UFOs, alien
                        abductions, crop circles, ghosts, the paranormal, the unexplained, the
                        weird and the wonderful.

                        Italian UFO Conference

                        I have recently returned from Italy where I spoke at a UFO conference held
                        at the University of Calabria. Organised by highly respected Italian
                        ufologist Roberto Pinotti, the conference was an interesting mix of SETI,
                        ufology and exopolitics. Accordingly, speakers ranged from Alexander
                        Zaitsev and Claudio Maccone through to Monsignor Corrado Balducci and
                        Michael Salla. For me, it was a nice opportunity to catch up with old
                        friends such as Budd Hopkins and Roger Leir, among others.

                        Threshold

                        Threshold is an exciting new sci-fi show that is getting a lot of people
                        talking. The lead character is a worst-case scenario planner, paid to
                        think the unthinkable. When an unidentified object enters the atmosphere
                        and encounters a trawler, she puts together a mixed team of experts and
                        investigates. With the crew either dead or missing, and with strange
                        events occurring on the mainland, time is running out. Watch out for more
                        about this exciting new series, already running on CBS in America, and
                        airing on Sky One in the UK, from November.

                        The Real 4400

                        The 4400 is another UFO-related sci-fi series still running and still
                        attracting a lot of interest and comment, with its story of 4400 abductees
                        who are returned to Earth with strange powers. The Real 4400 is a
                        documentary I was involved in, focusing on the alien abduction mystery. It
                        aired on Sky One on October 19, but is being repeated. The 4400 itself
                        continues to run on the USA network in America and on Sky One in the UK.

                        The Science of Aliens

                        A new exhibition called The Science of Aliens has recently opened at the
                        Science Museum. The exhibition covers a wide range of areas, including
                        SETI and speculation as the what alien life might be like, but includes
                        some material about UFOs and alien abductions. Check out
                        http://www.sciencemuseum.org.uk/aliens/ for details of the exhibition. I
                        took part in a debate organised as part of this event and am doing some
                        other work to help promote the exhibition. This is a welcome opportunity to

                        Nick Pope Interview Online

                        I gave one of the most extensive and wide-ranging interviews I have given
                        in recent years on the Ministry of Defence UFO Project to Astraea Magazine
                        & Web Radio. This forms part of a growing archive of interviews on a wide
                        range of paranormal, mysterious and esoteric subjects, ranging from UFOs
                        and Freemasonry through to Jack the Ripper. Check out
                        http://www.astraeamagazine.com/radio.php for details of the interviews and
                        http://www.astraeamagazine.com/ for details of the magazine.

                        Laughlin UFO Conference

                        The 15th Annual International UFO Congress will be held in Laughlin,
                        Nevada, from February 26 - March 4, 2006. This really is the biggest UFO
                        conference in the world, and speakers include Jim Marrs, Dolores Cannon,
                        William Hamilton, Donald Ware and many more besides. Check out
                        www.ufocongress.com for the details.

                        UFO Conference in Hawaii

                        One of the most beautiful and exotic locations in the world will play host
                        to a UFO conference next year. Organised by Michael Salla, the event will
                        focus on exopolitics and will feature speakers such as Alfred Webre, Paola
                        Harris and Salla himself. The conference lasts from June 9 - 11, 2006.
                        Check out www.exopoliticsinstitute.org for the details.

                        Nick Pope has a website, which can be accessed at www.nickpope.net

                        © Knight International
                        www.knight-intl.com
                        Message 11 of 24 , Dec 2, 2005
                          December 2005 - January 2006

                          Weird World
                          NICK POPE

                          http://www.hotgossip.co.uk/December_2005_-_January_2006/243.cntns

                          Welcome to the joint December 2005 and January 2006 round up of news and
                          views on UFOs, alien abductions, crop circles, ghosts, the paranormal, the
                          unexplained, the weird and the wonderful.

                          Rendlesham Forest UFO Incident - 25th Anniversary

                          Christmas and the New Year sees the 25th anniversary of the Rendlesham
                          Forest UFO incident and the subsequent official investigation. This is the
                          most compelling UFO encounter ever to have taken place in Britain and has
                          generated a massive amount of interest not just from UFO researchers but
                          from the media and the public. There are several books on the incident,
                          the best known of which is You Can't Tell The People, authored by Hot
                          Gossip Editor in Chief Georgina Bruni. The title reflects a conversation
                          Georgina had with former PM Baroness Thatcher at a charity function in
                          1997, when they were discussing UFOs. Baroness Thatcher said "you can't
                          tell the people" in response to a question Georgina posed about UFOs, but
                          refused to elaborate on her cryptic remark. Various events are planned to
                          mark the 25th anniversary, including a vigil and skywatch at RAF
                          Bentwaters, a commemorative event organised by the Forestry Commission,
                          and various media features.

                          Daily Express Rendlesham Article

                          On Saturday November 19 the Daily Express carried a major, double page
                          feature on the Rendlesham Forest incident. I was pleased about this, not
                          least because I wrote it. The paper had commissioned the 2000 word article
                          from me the week before and was therefore the first newspaper to run the
                          story in the run up to the anniversary. UFO researchers often complain
                          that the media misrepresent ufology or take their comments out of context.
                          Obtaining a commission gets around these problems and the only changes to
                          my article were minor editorial ones. I am pleased to have been able to
                          play a part in kick starting the media interest in the anniversary. The
                          article has generated much wider interest and Georgina Bruni and I have
                          already conducted a live interview on BBC Radio Suffolk. December and
                          January will see further media features on this intriguing case.

                          The Material World

                          The prestigious BBC Radio 4 science programme The Material World recently
                          ran a feature on the alien abduction phenomenon, with Professor Chris
                          French and I debating the subject with presenter Quentin Cooper. Needless
                          to say, it is a major coup to get the subject discussed on such a
                          mainstream programme. Click on http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio4/
                          science/thematerialworld_20051103.shtml to listen to the show.

                          California Lecture Tour

                          I have just returned from a brief lecture tour in California, where I gave
                          talks in Los Angeles, Orange County and San Diego. I had a hectic schedule
                          but very much welcomed the chance to promote British ufology to American
                          audiences, meet some old friends and meet some new ones. Click on
                          www.mufonla.com/videoorder.htm for details of how to order the 2 hour DVD
                          of my lecture, which was entitled The Real X-Files: The Inside Story of
                          the British Government's UFO Project.

                          Sopranos

                          I do not normally do restaurant reviews, and this is more by way of a
                          thank you. During my recent lecture tour in California I arrived quite
                          late at my hotel in Costa Mesa. I looked around the neighbourhood, but
                          there was only one restaurant within walking distance. I went in and
                          ordered a beer. It had been a long day and I was still recovering from my
                          ten hour flight to Los Angeles. Unfortunately, the kitchen had closed and
                          the staff were clearing up. I was resigning myself to the situation when
                          the manager realised that I had been travelling all day and had come from
                          the UK. Five minutes later, a delicious and piping hot plate of spaghetti
                          and meatballs appeared, while the manager stayed on after hours, until I
                          finished. So thank you Sopranos, for your great food and hospitality.
                          Check www.sopranoseatery.com for details. As I arrived, two regulars were
                          leaving. They said the food was fantastic and I should eat there again. I
                          am only sorry that, because of my schedule, I never got the chance.

                          Threshold

                          Threshold is an exciting new science fiction show that is getting a lot of
                          people talking. It is running on CBS in America and on Sky One in the UK.
                          The lead character is Molly Caffrey, a worst-case scenario planner, paid
                          to think the unthinkable. When an unidentified object enters the
                          atmosphere and encounters a trawler, the woman who wrote the contingency
                          plan is tasked by the US Government with running the operation to deal
                          with the situation. She puts together a mixed team of experts and
                          investigates. With the trawler crew either dead or missing and with
                          strange events occurring on the mainland, time is running out. The media
                          in the UK have drawn parallels between Molly Caffrey and me and I have
                          given a number of interviews based around the question, what would we do
                          if aliens really invaded? The media wanted to know about the real
                          worst-case scenario planner thought of the series, and what my plan was. I
                          helped in so far as I could, though I was reluctant to go into too many
                          details.

                          The Science of Aliens

                          A new exhibition called The Science of Aliens has recently opened at the
                          Science Museum. The exhibition covers a wide range of areas, including
                          SETI and speculation as the what alien life might be like, but includes
                          some material about UFOs and alien abductions. Check out
                          http://www.sciencemuseum.org.uk/aliens/ for details of the exhibition. I
                          took part in a debate organised as part of this event and am doing some
                          other work to help promote the exhibition.

                          An American Demonology

                          Now published and written by the self-styled bad man of ufology comes
                          possibly one of the most important UFO books to have hit the bookshelves
                          for some time. An American Demonology is a biography of Captain Edward
                          Ruppelt, a United States Air Force officer who ran Project Blue Book, the
                          US Government UFO Project. Ruppelt went on to write The Report on
                          Unidentified Flying Objects, arguably the most important UFO book ever
                          written. Bennett delves into the work and the mindset of this
                          extraordinary character and in doing so says much about UFOs, ufology and
                          America in the Fifties. Jerome Clark wrote the foreword and I wrote the
                          introduction. Bennett is an experienced biographer whose previous subjects
                          have been Charles Fort and George Adamski. Check out Amazon and all the
                          other usual book sites for details of how to order.

                          Crop Circle Sale

                          Crop circle researcher Colin Andrews is selling his extensive database and
                          archive, covering 22 years of research into the crop circle mystery. The
                          collection is up for sale on eBay. This has itself generated much debate
                          among crop circle researchers and ufologists, and an article in the
                          Western Daily Press, to which Colin Andrews took great exception. Check
                          out www.cropcircleinfo.com for details of the auction.

                          Seasons Greetings

                          Finally, I would like to wish all my readers a Merry Christmas and a Happy
                          New Year. In particular, my thoughts are with the brave men and women
                          currently serving with British, American and other allied Forces in Iraq,
                          Afghanistan and other overseas locations. You may be far from home, but
                          you are still in our thoughts. Stay safe.

                          © Knight International
                          www.knight-intl.com
                          Message 12 of 24 , Feb 13, 2006
                            February 2006

                            Weird World
                            NICK POPE

                            http://www.hotgossip.co.uk/February_2006/252.cntns

                            Welcome to the February 2006 round up of news and views on UFOs, alien
                            abductions, crop circles, ghosts, the paranormal, the unexplained, the
                            weird and the wonderful.

                            The Rendlesham Forest UFO Case

                            There was extensive media coverage of the 25th anniversary of the
                            Rendlesham Forest UFO incident, which occurred over the Christmas period
                            in 1980. This is the most compelling UFO encounter ever to have taken
                            place in Britain and has generated a massive amount of interest not just
                            from UFO researchers but from the media and the public. There are several
                            books on the incident, the best known of which is You Can't Tell The
                            People, authored by Hot Gossip Editor in Chief Georgina Bruni. The 25th
                            anniversary media coverage included a two page article that I was
                            commissioned to write for the Daily Express, a major feature in The Sun,
                            national radio features on BBC Radio Five Live and Talk Sport, and a whole
                            host of other regional newspaper and radio coverage. I also did an outside
                            broadcast live from the forest for the new Channel 4 breakfast show,
                            Morning Glory.

                            Left At East Gate

                            The other well known book on the Rendlesham Forest UFO incident is Left at
                            East Gate, co-authored by Larry Warren and Peter Robbins. This book has
                            recently been updated and republished by Cosimo-on-Demand. Order through
                            Amazon or all the other usual sites for books, making sure that you get
                            hold of the new, updated version. Peter Robbins spent much of December in
                            the UK and gave a number of lectures about the Rendlesham Forest incident
                            to UFO groups around the country, and spent the 25th anniversary itself in
                            the forest with Larry Warren and die-hard UFO enthusiasts who braved
                            sub-zero temperatures to mark the event.

                            Kittie Klaw

                            I recently met up with one of the most extraordinary paranormal
                            investigators in the UK, the multi-talented Kittie Klaw. As well as being
                            an expert on all matters paranormal and psychic, Kittie is involved in a
                            wide range of dancing, acting and modelling. One of her ventures is the
                            Ministry of Burlesque, currently launching Battle of Burlesque - a sort of
                            Search for a Star for the world of glamorous cabaret performers. Check out
                            www.ministryofburlesque.com for the details of this series of events and
                            check out www.kittieklaw.com for more information about this
                            extraordinarily talented performer. Kittie and I decided that a little
                            collaboration would be in order, on various projects, so watch this space.
                            Ministry of Defence meets Ministry of Burlesque. Interesting.

                            Britain's Roswell

                            OK, this is yet another story about the Rendlesham Forest UFO incident,
                            but I make no apologies, because this has been a massive story here in the
                            UK over recent weeks. There are numerous documentaries on the subject,
                            including the Sci-Fi Channel show UFO Invasion at Rendlesham. Now The
                            History Channel have a new show on the incident, featuring Charles Halt,
                            James Penniston, John Burroughs, Georgina Bruni, Peter Robbins, Larry
                            Warren and myself, among others. The documentary was shown first last
                            month, but has been repeated several times. Check your TV schedules for
                            details.

                            Dana Centre

                            The Dana Centre at the Science Museum are holding another event that will
                            cover UFOs and aliens. Taking place from 6pm through to 11pm on Friday 17
                            February, the event is free, but booking is essential. The Dana Centre is
                            all about making science fun and making people think about contemporary
                            scientific issues. This is the third of these Science Museum events in
                            which I have participated and I welcome the fact that they are prepared
                            increasingly to look at featuring discussions, debates and events on alien
                            life, UFOs and abductions. It is a welcome sign that such subjects are
                            becoming more mainstream. At the last such event, the TV cameras turned up
                            and I appeared live on London Tonight, so watch this space. Check out
                            www.danacentre.org.uk for details out the event and www.danacentre.org.uk
                            for details of the Dana Centre and some of their other events.

                            The World's Strangest UFO Stories

                            A new series looking at UFOs has started on the Discovery Channel here in
                            the UK. The World's Strangest UFO Stories started on 15 January and will
                            run for several weeks on Sunday evenings, at 10pm, examining various weird
                            and wonderful UFO incidents. Stories featured include the incredible
                            claims of jazz singer Pamela Stonebrook, who says that she has had sex
                            with a six foot tall reptilian extraterrestrial. Check TV listings for the
                            Discovery Channel series, and www.intergalacticdiva.com for information
                            about Pamela Stonebrook.

                            Off The Page

                            I recently recorded an edition of the prestigious BBC Radio 4 show, Off
                            The Page, where I debated the question 'Are We Alone?'. The programme airs
                            on Friday nights at 11pm and my show will probably be played on Friday 3
                            February. Yet another example of discussions about UFOs getting an
                            increasingly mainstream and Establishment audience.

                            Invasion

                            Mainstream television interest in all things alien continues with Channel
                            4 showing the new US cult sci-fi series Invasion. The series begins with a
                            hurricane in Florida, strange lights in the sky, and the mysterious
                            involvement of the United States Air Force. As the series unfolds,
                            weirdness and paranoia increase, as the small community of Homestead
                            struggles to rebuild itself. But is Homestead the only place in danger, or
                            is the entire human race in peril?

                            Phenomena Magazine

                            For anyone with an interest in UFOs, the unexplained, the paranormal, the
                            mysterious and the esoteric, Phenomena Magazine is well worth your time.
                            Updated daily by the prolific editor Robin Crookshank-Hilton, the site is
                            packed full of interesting news stories, in depth features and interviews.
                            Check http://phenomena.cinescape.com for the magazine, and
                            http://phenomena.cinescape.com/0/Editorial.asp (or search for my name once
                            in the site) for probably the lengthiest interview I have given in recent
                            years.

                            Nick Pope has a website, which can be accessed at www.nickpope.net

                            © Knight International
                            www.knight-intl.com