Re: [UFOnet] Re:Reply....Tables of operational military satellites

  • uforaport@wp.pl
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 8, 2005

      > What does the initials UFO stand for, please?

      UHF Follow-On (UFO) Satellites

      http://www.google.pl/search?hl=pl&q=ufo+satellites&lr=
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 13, 2005
        On Sat, 8 Jan 2005 18:20:44 EST, <wsmith51@...> wrote:

        > I noticed that some of the communication sats. have the common name
        > beginning with the letters UFO.........
        > What does the initials UFO stand for, please?
        > Sandy

        Hello Sandy,

        Sorry for my late reply...

        UFO satellites are UHF Follow-On satellites, "a new generation of U.S.
        Navy ultra-high frequency communications satellites in geostationary
        orbits..."
        (quoted from David Darling's Complete Book of Spaceflight.)

        More info at the FAS website:

        http://www.fas.org/spp/military/program/nssrm/initiatives/ufo.htm

        Cheers,
        Frits
      • wsmith51@aol.com
        Message 3 of 4 , Jan 13, 2005
          In a message dated 1/13/2005 11:27:36 AM Central Standard Time,
          ufo-net@... writes:

          More info at the FAS website:

          http://www.fas.org/spp/military/program/nssrm/initiatives/ufo.htm

          Cheers,