Re:Reply....Tables of operational military satellites

  • wsmith51@aol.com
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 8, 2005
      In a message dated 1/8/2005 3:20:13 PM Central Standard Time,
      ufo-net@... writes:

      The Tables of Operational Military Satellites, prepared by John
      Pike and Ted Molczan based on published data and personal
      observation, are posted here:

      < http://tinyurl.com/4pbgp >

      I noticed that some of the communication sats. have the common name
      beginning with the letters UFO.........

      What does the initials UFO stand for, please?

      Sandy

    • uforaport@wp.pl
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 8, 2005

        > What does the initials UFO stand for, please?

        UHF Follow-On (UFO) Satellites

        http://www.google.pl/search?hl=pl&q=ufo+satellites&lr=
        Message 3 of 4 , Jan 13, 2005
          On Sat, 8 Jan 2005 18:20:44 EST, <wsmith51@...> wrote:

          > I noticed that some of the communication sats. have the common name
          > beginning with the letters UFO.........
          > What does the initials UFO stand for, please?
          > Sandy

          Hello Sandy,

          Sorry for my late reply...

          UFO satellites are UHF Follow-On satellites, "a new generation of U.S.
          Navy ultra-high frequency communications satellites in geostationary
          orbits..."
          (quoted from David Darling's Complete Book of Spaceflight.)

          More info at the FAS website:

          http://www.fas.org/spp/military/program/nssrm/initiatives/ufo.htm

          Cheers,
          Frits
        • wsmith51@aol.com
          Message 4 of 4 , Jan 13, 2005
            In a message dated 1/13/2005 11:27:36 AM Central Standard Time,
            ufo-net@... writes:

            More info at the FAS website:

            http://www.fas.org/spp/military/program/nssrm/initiatives/ufo.htm

            Cheers,