Re: [UFOnet] It takes one to know one! DGW

  • Linette Sukup
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 31, 2004
      So?

      Peace.
      Linette

      ----- Original Message -----
      From: "Darren Walker" <walkerdg@...>
      To: <ufonet@yahoogroups.com>
      Sent: Friday, December 31, 2004 12:11 AM
      Subject: [UFOnet] It takes one to know one! DGW

      Hello Frits, Tom and Stu :

      The following link is the second part of a prior post called
      Manipulating the Weather for Military use:
      http://globalresearch.ca/articles/CHO409F.html

      This link is in support of the scathing submission I forwarded , which
      drew the ire of two members. I relayed it as I received it and it
      offended their religious pallets, which is ironic as religion has no
      taste. I posted several articles outlining how the structure of the
      unseen hand controlling the planet works. Here's some more! Did you know
      that the head office building of the World Bank ( the lending/indebting
      arm of the IMF ) which it shares with the BIS ( Bank of International
      Settlements - the accounting/collecting arm of the IMF ) and the world
      headquarters of Freemasonry. It is a tower with the divisions made as in
      the Mercedes logo / peace sign.
      Cheers!
      Darren

      http://www.democracynow.org/
      Tuesday, November 9th, 2004
      Confessions of an Economic Hit Man: How the U.S. Uses Globalization to
      Cheat Poor Countries Out of Trillions
      _____

      We speak with John Perkins, a former respected member of the
      international banking community. In his book Confessions of an Economic
      Hit Man he describes how as a highly paid professional, he helped the
      U.S. cheat poor countries around the globe out of trillions of dollars
      by lending them more money than they could possibly repay and then take
      over their economies. [includes rush transcript]
      _____

      John Perkins describes himself as a former economic hit man - a highly
      paid professional who cheated countries around the globe out of
      trillions of dollars.
      20 years ago Perkins began writing a book with the working title,
      "Conscience of an Economic Hit Men."
      Perkins writes, "The book was to be dedicated to the presidents of two
      countries, men who had been his clients whom I respected and thought of
      as kindred spirits - Jaime Roldós, president of Ecuador, and Omar
      Torrijos, president of Panama. Both had just died in fiery crashes.
      Their deaths were not accidental. They were assassinated because they
      opposed that fraternity of corporate, government, and banking heads
      whose goal is global empire. We Economic Hit Men failed to bring Roldós
      and Torrijos around, and the other type of hit men, the CIA-sanctioned
      jackals who were always right behind us, stepped in.
      John Perkins goes on to write: "I was persuaded to stop writing that
      book. I started it four more times during the next twenty years. On each
      occasion, my decision to begin again was influenced by current world
      events: the U.S. invasion of Panama in 1980, the first Gulf War,
      Somalia, and the rise of Osama bin Laden. However, threats or bribes
      always convinced me to stop."
      But now Perkins has finally published his story. The book is titled
      Confessions of an Economic Hit Man. John Perkins joins us now in our
      Firehouse studios.
      * John Perkins, from 1971 to 1981 he worked for the international
      consulting firm of Chas T. Main where he was a self-described "economic
      hit man." He is the author of the new book Confessions of an Economic
      Hit Man.
      _____

      RUSH TRANSCRIPT
      This transcript is available free of charge, however donations help us
      provide closed captioning for the deaf and hard of hearing on our TV
      broadcast. Thank you for your generous contribution.
      Donate -
      <https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_xclick&amount=25&business=or
      der@...&item_name=Democracy%20Now&no_shipping=1&return=http
      ://www.democracynow.org/thankyou.htm&cancel_return=http://www.democracyn
      ow.org> $25,
      <https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_xclick&amount=50&business=or
      der@...&item_name=Democracy%20Now&no_shipping=1&return=http
      ://www.democracynow.org/thankyou.htm&cancel_return=http://www.democracyn
      ow.org> $50,
      <https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_xclick&amount=100&business=o
      rder@...&item_name=Democracy%20Now&no_shipping=1&return=htt
      p://www.democracynow.org/thankyou.htm&cancel_return=http://www.democracy
      now.org> $100,
      <https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_xclick&business=order@democr
      acynow.org&item_name=Democracy%20Now&no_shipping=1&return=http://www.dem
      ocracynow.org/thankyou.htm&cancel_return=http://www.democracynow.org>
      more...
      AMY GOODMAN: John Perkins joins us now in our firehouse studio. Welcome
      to Democracy Now!
      JOHN PERKINS: Thank you, Amy. It's great to be here.
      AMY GOODMAN: It's good to have you with us. Okay, explain this term,
      "economic hit man," e.h.m., as you call it.
      JOHN PERKINS: Basically what we were trained to do and what our job is
      to do is to build up the American empire. To bring -- to create
      situations where as many resources as possible flow into this country,
      to our corporations, and our government, and in fact we've been very
      successful. We've built the largest empire in the history of the world.
      It's been done over the last 50 years since World War II with very
      little military might, actually. It's only in rare instances like Iraq
      where the military comes in as a last resort. This empire, unlike any
      other in the history of the world, has been built primarily through
      economic manipulation, through cheating, through fraud, through seducing
      people into our way of life, through the economic hit men. I was very
      much a part of that.
      AMY GOODMAN: How did you become one? Who did you work for?
      JOHN PERKINS: Well, I was initially recruited while I was in business
      school back in the late sixties by the National Security Agency, the
      nation's largest and least understood spy organization; but ultimately I
      worked for private corporations. The first real economic hit man was
      back in the early 1950's, Kermit Roosevelt, the grandson of Teddy, who
      overthrew of government of Iran, a democratically elected government,
      Mossadegh's government who was Time's magazine person of the year; and
      he was so successful at doing this without any bloodshed -- well, there
      was a little bloodshed, but no military intervention, just spending
      millions of dollars and replaced Mossadegh with the Shah of Iran. At
      that point, we understood that this idea of economic hit man was an
      extremely good one. We didn't have to worry about the threat of war with
      Russia when we did it this way. The problem with that was that Roosevelt
      was a C.I.A. agent. He was a government employee. Had he been caught, we
      would have been in a lot of trouble. It would have been very
      embarrassing. So, at that point, the decision was made to use
      organizations like the C.I.A. and the N.S.A. to recruit potential
      economic hit men like me and then send us to work for private consulting
      companies, engineering firms, construction companies, so that if we were
      caught, there would be no connection with the government.
      AMY GOODMAN: Okay. Explain the company you worked for.
      JOHN PERKINS: Well, the company I worked for was a company named Chas.
      T. Main in Boston, Massachusetts. We were about 2,000 employees, and I
      became its chief economist. I ended up having fifty people working for
      me. But my real job was deal-making. It was giving loans to other
      countries, huge loans, much bigger than they could possibly repay. One
      of the conditions of the loan-let's say a $1 billion to a country like
      Indonesia or Ecuador-and this country would then have to give ninety
      percent of that loan back to a U.S. company, or U.S. companies, to build
      the infrastructure-a Halliburton or a Bechtel. These were big ones.
      Those companies would then go in and build an electrical system or ports
      or highways, and these would basically serve just a few of the very
      wealthiest families in those countries. The poor people in those
      countries would be stuck ultimately with this amazing debt that they
      couldn't possibly repay. A country today like Ecuador owes over fifty
      percent of its national budget just to pay down its debt. And it really
      can't do it. So, we literally have them over a barrel. So, when we want
      more oil, we go to Ecuador and say, "Look, you're not able to repay your
      debts, therefore give our oil companies your Amazon rain forest, which
      are filled with oil." And today we're going in and destroying Amazonian
      rain forests, forcing Ecuador to give them to us because they've
      accumulated all this debt. So we make this big loan, most of it comes
      back to the United States, the country is left with the debt plus lots
      of interest, and they basically become our servants, our slaves. It's an
      empire. There's no two ways about it. It's a huge empire. It's been
      extremely successful.
      AMY GOODMAN: We're talking to John Perkins, author of Confessions of an
      Economic Hit Man. You say because of bribes and other reason you didn't
      write this book for a long time. What do you mean? Who tried to bribe
      you, or who -- what are the bribes you accepted?
      JOHN PERKINS: Well, I accepted a half a million dollar bribe in the
      nineties not to write the book.
      AMY GOODMAN: From?
      JOHN PERKINS: From a major construction engineering company.
      AMY GOODMAN: Which one?
      JOHN PERKINS: Legally speaking, it wasn't -- Stoner-Webster. Legally
      speaking it wasn't a bribe, it was -- I was being paid as a consultant.
      This is all very legal. But I essentially did nothing. It was a very
      understood, as I explained in Confessions of an Economic Hit Man, that
      it was -- I was -- it was understood when I accepted this money as a
      consultant to them I wouldn't have to do much work, but I mustn't write
      any books about the subject, which they were aware that I was in the
      process of writing this book, which at the time I called "Conscience of
      an Economic Hit Man." And I have to tell you, Amy, that, you know, it's
      an extraordinary story from the standpoint of -- It's almost James
      Bondish, truly, and I mean--
      AMY GOODMAN: Well that's certainly how the book reads.
      JOHN PERKINS: Yeah, and it was, you know? And when the National Security
      Agency recruited me, they put me through a day of lie detector tests.
      They found out all my weaknesses and immediately seduced me. They used
      the strongest drugs in our culture, sex, power and money, to win me
      over. I come from a very old New England family, Calvinist, steeped in
      amazingly strong moral values. I think I, you know, I'm a good person
      overall, and I think my story really shows how this system and these
      powerful drugs of sex, money and power can seduce people, because I
      certainly was seduced. And if I hadn't lived this life as an economic
      hit man, I think I'd have a hard time believing that anybody does these
      things. And that's why I wrote the book, because our country really
      needs to understand, if people in this nation understood what our
      foreign policy is really about, what foreign aid is about, how our
      corporations work, where our tax money goes, I know we will demand
      change.
      AMY GOODMAN: We're talking to John Perkins. In your book, you talk about
      how you helped to implement a secret scheme that funneled billions of
      dollars of Saudi Arabian petrol dollars back into the U.S. economy, and
      that further cemented the intimate relationship between the House of
      Saud and successive U.S. administrations. Explain.
      JOHN PERKINS: Yes, it was a fascinating time. I remember well, you're
      probably too young to remember, but I remember well in the early
      seventies how OPEC exercised this power it had, and cut back on oil
      supplies. We had cars lined up at gas stations. The country was afraid
      that it was facing another 1929-type of crash-depression; and this was
      unacceptable. So, they -- the Treasury Department hired me and a few
      other economic hit men. We went to Saudi Arabia. We --
      AMY GOODMAN: You're actually called economic hit men --e.h.m.'s?
      JOHN PERKINS: Yeah, it was a tongue-in-cheek term that we called
      ourselves. Officially, I was a chief economist. We called ourselves
      e.h.m.'s. It was tongue-in-cheek. It was like, nobody will believe us if
      we say this, you know? And, so, we went to Saudi Arabia in the early
      seventies. We knew Saudi Arabia was the key to dropping our dependency,
      or to controlling the situation. And we worked out this deal whereby the
      Royal House of Saud agreed to send most of their petro-dollars back to
      the United States and invest them in U.S. government securities. The
      Treasury Department would use the interest from these securities to hire
      U.S. companies to build Saudi Arabia-new cities, new
      infrastructure-which we've done. And the House of Saud would agree to
      maintain the price of oil within acceptable limits to us, which they've
      done all of these years, and we would agree to keep the House of Saud in
      power as long as they did this, which we've done, which is one of the
      reasons we went to war with Iraq in the first place. And in Iraq we
      tried to implement the same policy that was so successful in Saudi
      Arabia, but Saddam Hussein didn't buy. When the economic hit men fail in
      this scenario, the next step is what we call the jackals. Jackals are
      C.I.A.-sanctioned people that come in and try to foment a coup or
      revolution. If that doesn't work, they perform assassinations. or try
      to. In the case of Iraq, they weren't able to get through to Saddam
      Hussein. He had -- His bodyguards were too good. He had doubles. They
      couldn't get through to him. So the third line of defense, if the
      economic hit men and the jackals fail, the next line of defense is our
      young men and women, who are sent in to die and kill, which is what
      we've obviously done in Iraq.
      AMY GOODMAN: Can you explain how Torrijos died?
      JOHN PERKINS: Omar Torrijos, the President of Panama. Omar Torrijos had
      signed the Canal Treaty with Carter much -- and, you know, it passed our
      congress by only one vote. It was a highly contended issue. And Torrijos
      then also went ahead and negotiated with the Japanese to build a
      sea-level canal. The Japanese wanted to finance and construct a
      sea-level canal in Panama. Torrijos talked to them about this which very
      much upset Bechtel Corporation, whose president was George Schultz and
      senior council was Casper Weinberger. When Carter was thrown out (and
      that's an interesting story-how that actually happened), when he lost
      the election, and Reagan came in and Schultz came in as Secretary of
      State from Bechtel, and Weinberger came from Bechtel to be Secretary of
      Defense, they were extremely angry at Torrijos -- tried to get him to
      renegotiate the Canal Treaty and not to talk to the Japanese. He
      adamantly refused. He was a very principled man. He had his problem, but
      he was a very principled man. He was an amazing man, Torrijos. And so,
      he died in a fiery airplane crash, which was connected to a tape
      recorder with explosives in it, which -- I was there. I had been working
      with him. I knew that we economic hit men had failed. I knew the jackals
      were closing in on him, and the next thing, his plane exploded with a
      tape recorder with a bomb in it. There's no question in my mind that it
      was C.I.A. sanctioned, and most -- many Latin American investigators
      have come to the same conclusion. Of course, we never heard about that
      in our country.
      AMY GOODMAN: So, where -- when did your change your heart happen?
      JOHN PERKINS: I felt guilty throughout the whole time, but I was
      seduced. The power of these drugs, sex, power, and money, was extremely
      strong for me. And, of course, I was doing things I was being patted on
      the back for. I was chief economist. I was doing things that Robert
      McNamara liked and so on.
      AMY GOODMAN: How closely did you work with the World Bank?
      JOHN PERKINS: Very, very closely with the World Bank. The World Bank
      provides most of the money that's used by economic hit men, it and the
      I.M.F. But when 9/11 struck, I had a change of heart. I knew the story
      had to be told because what happened at 9/11 is a direct result of what
      the economic hit men are doing. And the only way that we're going to
      feel secure in this country again and that we're going to feel good
      about ourselves is if we use these systems we've put into place to
      create positive change around the world. I really believe we can do
      that. I believe the World Bank and other institutions can be turned
      around and do what they were originally intended to do, which is help
      reconstruct devastated parts of the world. Help -- genuinely help poor
      people. There are twenty-four thousand people starving to death every
      day. We can change that.
      AMY GOODMAN: John Perkins, I want to thank you very much for being with
      us. John Perkins' book is called, Confessions of an Economic Hit Man.

      ufonet-subscribe@yahoogroups.com

      further investigation.

      Yahoo! Groups Links