The Australian: Flashing lights hover over Darwin [ 06dec04 ]

    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 7, 2004
      Flashing lights hover over Darwin

      http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au/common/story_page/0,5744,11599504%255E421,00.html

      06dec04

      EVEN the sceptics are questioning the origins of a strange light that
      hovered over Darwin on Saturday night.

      Several readers phoned the Northern Territory News late on Saturday night
      to describe the unidentified flying object that captured their attention.

      But neither the RAAF or the airport were able to shed any light on the
      flashing green, blue and red lights witnesses saw.

      Laboratory technician Julie Lynn was relaxing on the balcony with husband
      Nigel at their Leanyer home when they noticed the UFO about 8.30pm.

      A self-described sceptic, Mrs Lynn believes there is a perfectly
      reasonable explanation for why the UFO hovered above Darwin - she just has
      no idea what it could be.

      "It was fascinating to watch," she said.

      "I was quite looking forward to curling up on the couch and watching a
      movie but it had our attention until we went to bed after midnight.

      "It hovered in the one place for at least two hours but had moved
      significantly when we checked on it again before we went to bed.

      "I can't believe there are UFOs or little green men out there - there must
      be an obvious explanation.

      "And we weren't drinking so it wasn't something we imagined."

      The UFO was described as being shaped like three connected ball-shaped
      spheres that flashed blue, green and red from as many as six different
      light sources.

      It first appeared in a south-easterly direction and was moving northeast.

      Department of Defence spokeswoman Kelly Cooper said the UFO was definitely
      not a secret military aircraft or RAAF-related.

      The airport also denied the UFO could have been a plane waiting to land in
      Darwin.

      © The Australian