Loading ...
Sorry, an error occurred while loading the content.

UFO ROUNDUP, Volume 9 Number 45

Expand Messages
  • John Hayes
    Posted on behalf of Joseph Trainor. ========================== UFO ROUNDUP Volume 9, Number 45 November 10, 2004 Editor: Joseph Trainor
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 10, 2004
    • 0 Attachment
      Posted on behalf of Joseph Trainor.


      Volume 9, Number 45
      November 10, 2004
      Editor: Joseph Trainor

      E-mail: Masinaigan@...
      Website: http://www.ufoinfo.com/roundup/


      On Thursday, October 21, 2004, at 9:10 p.m., Mirjam Schouten was driving
      her car on Highway A-2 in the Netherlands. As she was passing through the
      town of Weert, 70 kilometers (42 miles) southeast of Rotterdam, near the
      with Germany, she noticed a curious blue glow on the right side of the highway.
      "A cigar-shaped blue light with a red light on the right side suddenly
      appeared," she reported, "It was bigger than an airplane, and it flew faster
      than an airplane. It was higher than a plane and it flew in an absolute
      straight line."
      "The object crossed the sky from my right to my left, that is, from west
      to east. I was facing north, and I had it in view for a couple of minutes."
      (Email Form Report)


      On Wednesday, November 3, 2004, at 10:34 p.m., Sean K. was "driving
      west, heading home from work" in Plum, Pennsylvania (population 26,940), a
      town on
      Route 286 about 12 miles (19 kilometers) east of Pittsburgh, when he saw
      something strange approaching from the west-southwest.
      "Driving west and observing the clear sky, I also noticed two bright
      white lights close together approaching from the west. I thought they
      might be
      headlights from a plane, but the altitude was lower than a commercial flight.
      The object seemed to be heading east and slowly. I turned north and kept the
      object in my sight out my driver's side window."
      "I suddenly lost sight of the object and was looking around for it when
      I noticed it right above my car."
      "This was not right because the distance it had to travel was too great
      for any known aircraft to cover the ground the object was going before I lost
      sight of it the first time. I was then observing it through my (car's)
      sun-roof. When I went back to the road and looked up, the object was gone."
      "I reached home two minutes later and looked outside for several minutes
      but failed to find anything. The sky was pretty clear with only a few
      overcasts coming in at around 10:45 p.m. The height (altitude--J.T.) was
      three-fourths of what a commercial jetliner would be, and the object seemed
      to be
      the same speed or a little bit slower." (Email Form Report)


      On Wednesday, October 27, 2004, at 10:35 p.m., Brian Smith, a U.S.
      government employee, was out skywatching with a pair of 12X binoculars when he
      noticed two strange lights approaching "from due north."
      Brian reported, "While observing the lunar eclipse from the Courtyard
      Marriott (hotel) parking lot, off of Coliseum Drive" in Hampton, Virginia
      (population 146,437) "I had my first genuine UFO sighting. After lowering the
      binoculars I was using on the moon, I glanced directly overhead and saw two
      quasi-pinpoint objects moving in not-quite-parallel directions from north
      to south.
      The two objects were about half-a-fist-at-arm's-length apart. They covered
      the angular distance from zenith to about 30 degrees above the horizon in
      five to six seconds. The objects disappeared behind a layer of cirrus cloud
      to the south."
      "The objects were not exactly spheres of light. They had a bright white
      central pinpoint of light surrounded by a thin, faint, white halo that seemed
      to scintillate just slightly. The halos were probably half-a-pinky-finger in
      "I couldn't get my 12X binoculars up quick enought to get a focus on
      "While I was watching the two objects pass overhead, they moved closer
      to one another, and one changed course about ten degrees and veered away from
      the other one at closest approach. The objects were not traveling at the same
      speed. The one that made the quick and abrupt course change seemed like it
      was playing catch-up with the other. It was just abeam at the time it made
      sudden course change and then accelerated slightly ahead of the other," which
      "maintained a more or less steady course and speed."
      "At first I thought they might be jets from Langley Air Force Base,
      which is less than three miles (5 kilometers) away, but the objects were
      silent with no show of conventional nav (navigation--J.T.) lights. They
      looked like no polar-orbiting satellite I've ever seen--and much too fast
      to make
      abrupt direction changes for nominal trajectory."
      "I watched the area of sky into which the objects departed for quite
      some time, hoping to see them again. No luck."
      "Altitude was between 15,000 and 30,000 feet (4,500 and 9,000 meters),
      with speeds in excess of Mach 2--my estimate."
      Hampton, Va. in on Interstate Highway I-64 about 65 miles (108
      kilometers) southeast of Richmond, the state capital. (Email Form Report)


      On Wednesday, November 3, 2004, at 9 p.m., Lorne Seaton and his wife
      were relaxing in their hot tub out in the backyard of their home in London,
      Ontario, Canada when they suddenly sighted some UFOs.
      "It was an extremely clear night," Lorne reported, "My wife and I were
      watching air traffic while sitting in our hot tub. While watching some local
      air traffic, we witnessed three gleaming, spherical, highly-polished objects
      pass directly over us. At first we thought 'Plane or satellite?' or perhaps
      falling stars. But they were far too fast and in the wrong direction for
      "The objects were spherical-football-shaped in nature, opaque and
      aligned as if in a goose (V) formation. Their height appeared to be lower
      than the
      usual air traffic. They moved in a straight line but extremely fast."
      London, Ont. (population 325,646) is on Provincial Highway 2
      approximately 132 miles (211 kilometers) southwest of Toronto, Canada's
      largest city.
      (Email Form Report)


      On Thursday, November 4, 2004, at 8:45 p.m., William Vann III was
      outdoors in his hometown of Eastpointe, Michigan (population 34,077), a
      suburb 10
      miles (16 kilometers east of Detroit, when he "saw it coming from the
      "It looked like a white B-2 bomber, same kind of swept-back wings. It
      was 500 feet (50 meters) above the rooftops and traveling at an estimated 200
      to 300 miles per hour (320 to 480 kilometers per hour--J.T.) The object
      departed to the southwest. I kept it in view for several minutes." (Email


      Tuesday, November 2, 2004, was Election Day in the USA, a contest which
      resulted in President George W. Bush winning a second term.
      However, the previous day, Monday, November 1, 2004, the top-secret
      HAARP array in Alaska undertook a mysterious prolonged broadcast.
      Researcher Steve Wingate reported, "The HAARP transmissions started at
      about 2.25 Megaherz (MHz) and going up to at least 3.6 MHz and were being
      monitored in the (San Francisco) Bay area and also in Michigan."
      "The (HAARP) signal consisted of double-sideband suppressed carrier
      signals and appeared to be creating extremely bad propagation in the 75-meter
      band. I was talking to a guy on 3.840 MHz, and we all agreed that
      conditions were
      unusually bad."
      The ham radio monitors claimed that HAARP transmissions were "pretty
      much continuous. This was the night before the election."
      "Mind control or just another coincidence?" (Many thanks to Steve
      Wingate for this news story.)
      (Editor's Note: This is the first of three stories dealing with strange
      happenings on Election Day. For further information about HAARP, check out
      Web site...
      http://www.haarp.alaska.edu/mm/wf.html. And it gets weirder--stay tuned!)


      White River Junction, Vermont (population 2,569) is on the west bank of
      the Connecticut River, approximately 54 miles (86 kilometers) south of
      Montpelier, the state capital. It is the "UFO Capital of Vermont," with
      dating all the way back to October 1908.
      (Editor's Note: See The Complete Books of Charles Fort, Dover Publications,
      New York, N.Y., 1974, page 507.)
      On Tuesday, November 2, 2004, White River Junction became famous for
      another kind of sighting.
      A woman from Newport, Vt. "had to drive 100 or more miles south today to
      pick up a friend outside of White River Junction." When she took the exit
      leaving Interstate Highway I-91, she encountered an unusual roadblock.
      "She encountered a bunch of white vehicles," her husband reported, "A
      line at least a mile long, parked on both sides of the road and stopping
      White vans, white SUVs, with blacked-out windows. No markings. They were
      stopping traffic and asking for identification and searching vehicles."
      The men driving the vehicles were all in BDUs (battle-dress utility
      uniforms--J.T.) of the Desert Camo pattern used during the Gulf War
      "She said they all looked like Arabs and spoke broken English with a heavy
      The white vehicles were also halting northbound and southbound traffic
      on Interstate Highway I-89, which intersects with I-91 in White River Junction.
      "They were all around the town," so the Newport woman "asked her friend
      if she knew what they were doing in town, and the friend said 'they were there
      all week,'" since Saturday, October 30, 2004.
      The unmarked white vehicles looked like those used by United Nations
      (Many thanks to Wes Boutilier for this news story.)
      (Editor's Note: White River Junction is the most strategic crossroads in
      Vermont, controlling both of the state's superhighways and the bridge over the
      Connecticut River into Lebanon, New Hampshire.)


      The Genesee River valley, near Rochester, N.Y., reported dozens of black
      helicopter sightings the weekend prior to Election Day, with several reports
      coming during the early morning hours of Tuesday, November 2, 2004.
      "For days, all we heard were those helicopters flying up and down the
      river," witness Gwen D. reported. "Usually, they flew at night, but I did
      about some daytime sightings. I wonder if they're protecting the nuclear
      On Monday, November 1, 2004, at 2:45 p.m., a black helicopter, thought
      to be a UH-1 Huey, was seen by two boys flying over woods in Scottsville, N.Y.
      (population 2,128), a small town on Route 263 about 13 miles (20 kilometers)
      south of Rochester.
      The previous day, Sunday, October 31, 2004, three black helicopters,
      described as AH-64 Apaches, were sighted by a fisherman flying "at nearly
      wavetop" height from west to east across Irondequoit Bay. The choppers
      "swooped up
      and over the trees" and darted "across Empire Boulevard" (Route 404--J.T.) in
      West Webster, N.Y.(population 8,700), a suburb east of Rochester.
      Between 1 a.m. and 3:30 a.m., on Tuesday, November 2, 2004, "very loud
      helicopter noise was heard" over the Ridgemont Golf Course and Route 386 in
      South Greece, N.Y., about 15 miles (25 kilometers) west of Rochester.
      Helicopter rotor noise was also heard in Seneca Park, east of Lake
      Avenue, in Rochester itself at roughly the same time.
      Another helicopter was seen "flying at night" just before 1 a.m. the
      same day in Gates, N.Y. (population 29,275), a large suburb 10 miles (16
      kilometers) west of Rochester. (Many thanks to Gwen D. and others for
      these reports.)


      On Saturday, November 6, 2004, at 7 p.m., Sue Rosinski and her fiance
      were at her home in Steelville, Missouri (population 1,429), a small town on
      Highway 8 about 80 miles (128 kilometers) southwest of St. Louis, when they
      a UFO encounter.
      "About 7 p.m., my fiance was on the porch having a phone conversation
      when a strange amber light appeared in the southern sky. When it
      disappeared, he
      wondered what he had seen but continued his conversation," Sue reported.
      "He glanced to the west where three more of the objects suddenly
      appeared. At that point, he ran into the house to call me outside. When I
      onto the porch, I immediately saw two of the amber objects and said, 'What the
      heck is that!?' as I watched them fade out."
      "They reappeared after only a few seconds and remained visible for maybe
      five seconds before again fading out. He said the three objects he had seen
      had appeared in a triangular shape. What we saw was definitely not airplane
      lights, as they appeared to be rather close. The objects were amber, not
      "This is the second time we have witnessed strange things in the sky
      over this area. Back in August (2004), we were watching the meteor showers
      saw a strange glowing orb that at the time we thought it was a meteor bouncing
      off the atmosphere until the glow subsided and it continued on its path across
      the sky."
      (Editor's Comment: An aborted reentry?)
      "We have only been at this location since early August, and we are
      wondering if there have been some aircraft testings going on at Fort
      Leonard Wood."
      (Many thanks to Stefan Duncan of AUFON for this report.)


      "As I am an airline pilot, I'm hesitant to say something about what I
      can't explain," wrote P.A., an airline transport pilot with 14 years'
      in commercial aviation. And he can't quite explain what he saw at 11 p.m. on
      Wednesday, November 3, 2004.
      The jetliner P.A. was flying was making its approach into San Francisco
      (population 776,733), one of California's largest cities. The jetliner was
      approaching the city from the east, passing just north of Stockton, when P.A.
      received instructions from the tower to descend from 35,000 to 24,000 feet
      (10,500 to 7,200 meters). And then it happened.
      "While approaching San Francisco from the east," he reported, "an
      orange dot began to glow and seemed to flash higher up (about 30
      degrees--P.A.) to
      the west of us. I thought that it was a planet. It then changed color from
      orange to white. Again, I thought a planet could be illuminated through a
      (local) atmosphere that would explain the color change."
      "It then began to move in a northeasterly direction. Once again, being
      in an airplane, it is very easy to think an object is moving, from small
      corrections the autopilot makes. I found a handful of stars to serve as a
      reference point and verified that the object was slowly moving north. It
      moved about
      30 degrees and then stopped. Then it made a slight tangent to the right
      (about a 10 degree heading change--P.A.) and continued moving for about 20
      "It stopped and turned again to the right (another 10 degrees--P.A.) and
      continued for 10 degrees, then stopped again and disappeared."
      "The whole sighting ran about two minutes or so from start to finish.
      It was difficult to judge the actual distance and speed. When I talk about
      'moving in degrees and turning,' I am talking about my (cockpit) viewpoint and
      compass degrees."
      "The (UFO's) size was very small, about the size of the stars and
      planets you see in the sky--a point of light."
      "We had initially been at 35,000 feet (10,500 meters) but had descended
      to 24,000 feet (7,200 meters) when we saw the object. We were above the
      clouds with a clear view, and there was a crescent moon behind us. The
      weather in
      San Francisco was partly cloudy skies and light rain."
      "There were two of us in the cockpit, and we both witnessed the same
      thing. We were both in awe. I have been flying for 14 years and have seen
      weather balloons, meteors, planets, strange cloud formations, aircraft in
      positions and the like. I have never witnessed something like this before."
      (Email Form Report)


      "E.T. was a no-show."
      "Little green men and Grays didn't pop in, either."
      "But that didn't keep about 100 people from turning out for Duluth's
      first Area 61 UFO Convention on Saturday," November 6, 2004, "at Lakeview
      on Scenic Highway 61. The convention's name is a reference to Area 51--a
      government facility in Nevada often associated with UFO coverups."
      (Editor's Note: Actually, the event was held on Old Highway 61, also known
      as the North Shore Scenic Drive, in Lakewood Township, just beyond the city
      limits of Duluth, Minnesota.)
      "'I have always been interested in aliens,' said Dan Gordon of Duluth,
      whose interest stems from childhood. 'I have an open mind.'"
      "Gordon stopped in to learn more, citing what he described as an aura of
      confusion and secrecy that has long surrounded the phenomenon of unidentified
      flying objects."
      "The UFO phenomenon isn't strictly about aliens, hence the term
      unidentified, explained Allen Richardson of Duluth, who organized the event
      with his
      brother, Jim."
      "Authors of the book Gonzo Science, the brothers decided it was time
      Duluth had its own convention to make a scientific analysis of the phenomenon
      locally. For more than 10 years, the brothers have been researching
      anomalies. After all, Duluth is no stranger to UFOs."
      "As early as 1916, newspapers in the Twin Ports (of Duluth, Minn. and
      Superior, Wisconsin--J.T.) reflected stories of strange sightings and
      people who
      had seen bizarre events along the (Lake Superior) North Shore, said Ben
      Marsen, who researched the newspaper archives at the Duluth Public Library
      to find
      out how the phenomenon played out here."
      "One clipping from the News-Tribune in (June) 1947 contained a disk-like
      object that resembled a frying pan that had been spotted over the West End.
      The paper later linked the unidentified object to Paul Bunyan's pancakes,
      Marsen said."
      (Editor's Note: This particular daylight disc was also seen in nearby
      Carlton, Minn. and Cloquet, Minn., 22 miles or 35 kilometers southwest of
      "In most cases, Allen Richardson said he doesn't believe aliens account
      for reported UFOs. He said it's something weirder than that."
      "One possible explanation is naturally occurring lights, known as
      earthlights, that are connected to earthquakes and correlate with seismic
      Richardson said. He said the phenomenon can alter one's state of mind and may
      even make someone feel like there is another presence close at hand.
      Earthlights alter chemicals in the brain that may make someone believe they've
      encountered other entities, he said."
      "There are different theories and you have to keep an open mind, said
      Jim Richardson, who drew parallels from today's stories of aliens to myths
      elves, fairies and a host of other historically unexplained creatures."
      "The nature of the flying object is not clear in every case, which is
      why they are unidentified, Jim Richardson said. In the Twentieth Century,
      people began to try to explain and document the sightings of celestial
      but the difficult lies in determining the reliability of the witnesses, he
      "'There were a number of UFO reports in Duluth in 1965--from an
      eight-year-old boy who reported seeing a 'buzzing red ball' to a claim that
      jets gave chase to ten unidentified objects flying in a V-formation,' Marsen
      "The newspaper story on the fighter jets could not be found in the
      library's archive, he said."
      (Editor's Note: In his book Operation Trojan Horse, researcher/author John A.
      Keel listed the incident with the ten silver daylight discs as happening in
      February 1967.)
      "Jennie Davis of Duluth brought her son to the convention because he
      believes there is life out there somewhere."
      "'It was a way of getting out of the house,' she said, 'It's
      "The Richardsons hope to make the convention an annual event." (See the
      Duluth, Minn. News-Tribune for November 7, 2004, "Area 51 meets Highway 61,"
      pages 1C and 2C.)


      "A 6.0-magnitude earthquake hit a quake-ravaged area of northern Japan
      on Wednesday," October 27, 2004, Japanese officials said.
      "No injuries or damage were immediately reported."
      "The death toll rose to 31 as elderly victims died from the effects of
      the weekend quake."
      "Aftershocks rumbled across rural Niigata Prefecture, about 256
      kilometers (160 miles) miles northwest of Tokyo, where a magnitude 6.8
      earthquake (on
      the Richter scale--J.T.) struck Saturday evening," October 23, 2004, "buckling
      roads and unleashing landslides."
      "Another 5,000 residents entered public shelters amid fears the
      aftershocks would trigger more landslides, raising the total of evacuated
      people to
      more than 103,000."
      "Thousands more camped out in tents and cars, too afraid to return home."
      Last week, "two more strong aftershocks rattled northern Japan, weeks
      after a powerful earthquake that killed 39 people," up eight from the previous
      total, "and injured thousands."
      "The earthquakes sent residents dashing under tables and caused at least
      one injury. In Tokamachi, students at the local elementary school took cover
      under their desks as debris rained from the ceiling."
      "A magnitude 5.7 earthquake jolted Hokkaido," Japan's large northern
      island, "but there were no immediate reports of injuries. This quake was
      centered 59 kilometers (37 miles) beneath the earth, near the island of
      Also, "a magnitude 5.2 aftershock struck an area still recovering from
      the October 23 (2004) quake in Niigata Prefecture."
      On Thursday, November 4, 2004, "a 71-year-old man died of a heart attack
      believed to be caused by the stress of living in an evacuation center. His
      death raised the total of earthquake dead to 39." (See the newspapers Asahi
      Shimbun for October 28, 2004 and Kyodo News for November 5, 2004. Domo
      to Angela Tarohachi, Yukiko Sugihara and Kokichi Yamada for these news


      Canadian hearings into the case of the "outcast ufologist" Ernst Zundel
      took an unexpected turn last week when the defense team obtained documents
      from the USA's Federal Bureau of Investigation clearing Zundel of any links to
      "The U.S. Federal Bureau of Investigation closed its file on Holocaust
      denier Ernst Zundel in 2001 after deciding he was not a security threat,
      documents released under the Freedom of Information (Act) laws have revealed."
      "'In view of the fact that there is no indication that the subject
      (Zundel) is, or has ever been, involved in any acts of violence, acts of
      or any other criminal activity within the United States, we recommend that
      this case be closed administratively,' an FBI agent advised on April 9, 2001."
      "The (American) agency's conclusion is in stark contrast to that of the
      Canadian Security Intelligence Service (CSIS), which believes Mr. Zundel's
      status as an inspirational guru to the extreme right renders him a danger to
      (Canadian) national security."
      "Also, unlike the FBI, which sees Mr. Zundel as nothing more than a
      Holocaust revisionist, CSIS believes him to be a white supremacist."
      Born in Germany in 1939, Ernst Christophe Friedrich Zundel, 65, "arrived
      in Canada in 1958 but was never granted citizenship. He has been in a
      Toronto jail for 18 months awaiting deportation to Germany under a rarely-used
      security certificate."
      During the 1980s, Zundel was the defendant in two sensational trials in
      Canada. He was accused of violating Canadian "hate crime laws" because his
      company, Samisdat Publishers, had printed and circulated books and pamphlets
      challenging the conventional history of the Holocaust.
      (Editor's Note: Zundel also published two books about the alleged "Antarctic
      Reich." These were Secret Nazi Polar Expeditions in 1978 and Hitler at the
      South Pole in 1979.)
      "Defense lawyers Peter Lindsay and Chih-kun Shi received the Freedom of
      Information (Act) material from Mr. Zundel's U.S. defence team two days ago
      (Wednesday, November 3, 2004)--the day after a Federal Court of Canada
      proceeding" reviewed Zundel's pending deportation edict.
      "Yesterday they forwarded the documents to the presiding judge, Mr.
      Justice Pierre Blais, in the hope he will consider them as evidence."
      "Judge Blais is expected to rule in the next few weeks on whether the
      issuance of a special security certificate against Mr. Zundel is
      Should he rule that it is, the notorious publisher of Holocaust revisionist
      material has no right of appeal."
      "Mr. Zundel's lawyers have repeatedly accused (Canada's) federal
      government of misusing special legislation aimed at terrorists to expel a
      man who has
      no criminal record, yet whose activities have made him an enduring thorn in
      their side."
      "Mr. Lindsay expressed frustration in an interview yesterday that the
      Freedom of Information (Act) material arrived too late to become part of the
      deportation proceeding. 'I would have put this in as evidence and worked upon
      it,' Mr. Lindsay said."
      "The FBI opened a file on Mr. Zundel when he moved to Tennessee with his
      wife," Ingrid Rimland-Zundel, several years ago. "He was picked up and
      deported to Canada on February 19, 2003, after missing an appointment with
      a U.S.
      immigration officer. As soon as Mr. Zundel was deported to Canada, he was
      jailed and the deportation process began."
      "The April 9, 2001 report noted that the FBI's source did not believe
      Mr. Zundel had direct connections to white supremacists." (See the Globe &
      of Toronto for November 5, 2004, "Zundel not a threat, FBI ruled." Many
      thanks to Ingrid Rimland-Zundel for this newspaper article.)
      (Editor's Comment: Ever since the original trials twenty years ago, I've
      seen the Zundel case as primarily a free speech issue. If Zundel can be
      for denying the Holocaust or for playing tiddlywinks with Savitri Devi or for
      disrespect to the Talmud or whatever other bullshit charge his enemies choose
      to throw at him, could not ufologists and Forteans be jailed for their
      unorthodox views? Think about it.)


      "The discovery of a 2,300-year-old solid-gold Thracian mask in Bulgaria
      appears to disprove long-held believes about an ancient civilization."
      "The one-and-a-half pound mask, discovered in a royal burial tomb,
      discounts depictions in Greek history of the Thracians as 'barbarian
      says Archaeology magazine's Kristin Romey."
      "Bulgarian archaeologist Georgi Kitov discovered the mask and 70 other
      artifacts in August (2004) in a tomb dubbed 'the Valley of the Thracian
      "The mask is believed to have been used in ceremonies by Seutus III, a
      Thracian king from the late Fourth Century B.C. After a leader drank wine
      a golden chalice bearing his likeness, he wore the mask as an expression of
      power. A bronze head and a gold ring with an athletic image also were
      found at
      the site." (See USA Today for November 4, 2004, "Mask gives clue about
      ancient Thracians," page 6D.)


      Fortean researcher Loren Coleman reports that Sister Lucia Abbobora dos
      Santos, 96, the last survivor of the "three child seers of Fatima," was rushed
      to a hospital in Coimbra, Portugal on Saturday, October 30, 2004.
      Lucia was born on March 28, 1908, in Aljustrel, a small village near
      Fatima and Ourem in Portugal's Serra da Aire mountains. Beginning in the
      of 1915, Lucia experienced several strange apparitions in the mountain valley
      of Cova da Iria, a few kilometers from Aljustrel. These culminated in an
      apparition of the Virgin Mary on May 13, 1917 to Lucia and her two cousins,
      Francisco Marto and Jacinta Marto.
      Francisco and Jacinta died in the influenza epidemic that swept Europe
      at the end of World War I. Lucia became a nun when she grew up and
      other religious visions at Tuy and Pontevedra in northeastern Spain in the
      1920s and the 1930s. She is a close personal friend of Pope John Paul II and
      has met with the Polish-born pontiff during his visits to Portugal.
      UFO Roundup regrets to report that Mary Lou Jones-Drown, our
      correspondent in the USA's southern New England states, entered the
      hospital on Tuesday,
      November 2, 2004, for an emergency operation. She was in the Intensive Care
      Unit for a couple of days but is now in a regular room.
      Readers wishing to send Mary Lou a get-well card can mail it to this

      Mary Lou Jones-Drown
      Meadowrock Farm
      97 County Street
      Rehoboth, Mass.
      USA 02769


      "A full list of suspected wartime traitors, including the Duke of
      Bedford, Sir Oswald Mosley and many other members of the British upper
      classes who
      would've been arrested in the event of a German invasion" during 1940 "has
      released for the first time by the (UK's) National Archives."
      "The 'Suspect List,' which fills hundreds of pages of dog-eared papers
      kept in thick files, was one of the most closely guarded of wartime (World War
      II) secrets and even now, 60 years to the day after it was finally closed, it
      is still shrouded in mystery."
      "In the list of 400 people drawn up by MI5 and Special Branch, coal
      miners and hairdressers rub shoulders with dukes and retired admirals,
      while bank
      managers are collected together with doctors, dentists and ladies of leisure.
      At least five people on the list are named in MI5 reports as associates of
      Anna Wolkoff, a dress designer and leading figure in British fascism, who
      was a
      close friend of the Duchess of Windsor."
      "The Duke (formerly King Edward VIII--J.T.), who had abdicated in 1936
      to marry the then-Mrs. Wallis Simpson (no relation to Jessica and
      Ashlee--J.T.)" came under suspicion by "the British government in the
      immediate pre-war
      years by cultivating contacts with Hitler and his regime."
      "In a number of cases, the Suspect List quotes leading British fascists
      with expressing the hope that a victorious Nazi invasion would place the Duke
      back on the throne."
      "One example is Admiral Sir Barry Domville, a former head of (UK) Naval
      Intelligence. At the invitation of (Reichsfuehrer-SS Heinrich) Himmler, the
      file says he attended the 1937 Nuremberg rally and was given a tour of the
      Dachau concentration camp."
      "Domville, who was a founder of the fascist organisation The Link, was
      to be picked up from his home in Hampshire at the first sign of invasion."
      (See The Daily Telegraph for October 12, 2004, "Nobles and admirals on
      (Editor's Note: Sir Oswald Mosley, nickname "Tom," founded the British Union
      of Fascists in the 1930s. Hitler was the best man at Tom's wedding to Diana
      Mitford Guinness in Berlin on October 6, 1936. And if you get the feeling
      that a feature story is coming on...hey, you're psychic!)

      From the UFO Files...

      1935: THE VALKYRIE

      If you read this story in a Harlequin Romance, you probably wouldn't
      believe it. But, like the saga of Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid, most of
      this story is true. It's just that whatever happened after November 8,
      1939 is
      shrouded in mystery.
      Her name was Unity, and she was born August 8, 1914, about a week after
      her future boyfriend, one in a cheering throng of Germans, had his photograph
      taken at the Odeonplatz in Munich. She was the fifth child of David
      Freeman-Mitford, later Lord Redesdale, and Sydney Bowles, the daughter of a
      (Editor's Comment: I've seen the 1904 photo of Lady Redesdale, in her white
      straw skimmer and middy blouse, and she bears an uncanny resemblance to
      actress Lindsay Lohan.)
      The Mitfords were stumped for a middle name, and then Bertie Redesdale,
      David's father, came up with one. "As a war baby, her second name," Valkyrie,
      "after the warrior maidens of 'The Ring,' was a tribute to her grandfather
      Redesdale's passion for Wagner." Indeed, Bertie's closest friend was none
      than Houston Stewart Chamberlain, Wagner's son-in-law and the Nineteenth
      Century apostle of "Aryan supremacy."
      So Unity Valkyrie became one of the Mitford Girls, the younger sister of
      Nancy, a famous British author, and Diana, who came damned close to becoming
      the first woman since Mary, Queen of Scots, to "shake hands with Jack Ketch at
      the Tower." By all accounts, it was a pretty boisterous family, with the
      girls referring to their parents as "Muv and Farve" and shrieking in unison
      whenever they felt amused. It was definitely a laugh a minute at Asthall
      Oxfordshire during the 1920s.
      At age 18, Unity had her coming-out party with her cousin, Robin Farrar,
      on July 7, 1932 at Cheyne Walk, London, the home of her sister Diana, now
      married to millionaire brewer Bryan Guinness. It was the social event of the
      season, for, as Diana's biographer, Anne de Courcy, writes, "The beauties were
      there in force: Lady Weymouth in black and white cotton, Lady Jersey in pale
      blue with a blue feather boa, Lady Lavery in white, Penelope Dudley Ward in
      blue and silver lame; Unity in white satin with a black velvet sash. Winston
      and Clementine Churchill brought their daughter, Diana, and Augustus John
      arrived with one of his daughters, Poppet. All three Curzon daughters were
      there"...Irene, Cynthia and Alexandra.
      Diana Churchill was Unity's second cousin. Her grandmother, Lady
      Blanche Hozier, was the sister of Grandmother Redesdale. Unity
      occasionally visited
      Chartwell, the Churchill estate, but not as often as her older siblings,
      Diana and Tom, who were the regular playmates of Winston's kids, Diana and
      Randolph Churchill--a fact which may or may not have something to do with what
      happened to Unity after 1939.
      In September 1933, while on tour in Munich, 19-year-old Unity dropped in
      on the annual rally of the Nazionalsozialistiche Deutsches Arbeiterspartie
      (NSDAP or Nazi Party--J.T.) She "had found the first Nazi Party Congress so
      exciting that" she was determined to return and "bombarded her parents with
      requests to go back."
      "Accordingly in May 1934, she was installed by Sydney in the house of a
      respectable elderly (German) baroness who made ends meet by taking in young
      foreign girls of good family."
      "Unity soon had a circle of friends. As well as the other English girls
      staying with the baroness, she met young Germans through Putzi (Ernst)
      Hanfstaengl's sister Erna. She also met a young artist, Derek Hill." Unity's
      younger sister, "Pam, who had known Derek when he was a schoolboy, had told
      him to
      look up Unity, and the two of them often went sightseeing or walking in the
      mountains together."
      Derek knew that Adolf Hitler, now the head of state, made a habit of
      stopping at tea rooms in Munich whenever he drove from his retreat at
      Berchtesgaden back to Berlin. So, on June 11, 1934, Derek brought his
      mother and his
      aunt, both from Scotland, to the Carlton Teeraum. While they were having
      "cuppa," in walked "Hitler, followed by (Dr. Joseph) Goebbels, (Rudolf) Hess
      and various henchmen."
      Excusing himself, Derek went to the cashier's desk and used the
      telephone to ring the baroness's house. "Guess who's here?" he said, "The
      here--if you want to look at him, you'd better come quick."
      Unity "rushed out, jumped into a taxi and arrived in a state of
      breathless excitement. She was trembling so much as she stared at Hitler
      that she was
      unable to drink her chocolate and had to hand her cup to Derek. Later he was
      to recall a more bizarre manifestation of Hitler's extraordinary charisma:
      his mother and aunt, strongminded, apolitical Scotswomen, were so affected by
      this sight of the Fuehrer that they gave the Nazi salute as he left the
      When Unity left the Teeraum, she now had only one goal in life--to meet
      "this man that everybody's talking about." She enrolled at the University of
      Munich, joined the NSDAP and, in effect, became "Hitler's groupie," attending
      every Nazi event he was bound to be at.
      Hitler's remarkable appeal to women of all ages is a hard thing to
      describe. There was nothing significantly sexy about the man. "Except for
      obsessive neatness and peculiarly white, well-shaped hands, he was
      to the point of ordinariness--a man of about five feet, nine inches (1.7
      meters), with a clear skin, fine dark hair and gold-filled teeth. When not in
      uniform, his clothes, said Randolph Churchill, 'had all the unpretentious
      respectability of the German or Austrian middle class'--grey or dark blue
      suits, not
      very well cut, worn with soft-collared white shirts and, instead of an
      a mackintosh. 'Oh, he's so sweet in his dear little old mackintosh,'
      (Unity's sister) Diana would coo."
      "His most striking feature was his eyes, of a greyish blue so dark that
      contemporary observers often mistook them for brown, dull and opaque when in
      repose, piercing and vivid when he was speaking to a crowd or an individual."
      And yet, women treated him like he was Elvis.
      "Some would turn up at Berchtesgaden almost naked under their coats to
      offer him their virginity; others would try to throw themselves under his car
      in the hope of being first injured and then comforted by the man they regarded
      as part prophet and part Leader."
      Friedel from Hatmannsdorf wrote, "Herr Fuehrer, Adolf Hitler, a Saxon
      woman would like to bear your child."
      Margarete from Koenigsberg, who was the same age as Unity's mother--and
      certainly old enough to know better--wrote, "I'm having a front door key and a
      key to my room made for you, Adolf. In the next letter, you'll get the first
      one, and in the letter after that you'll get the room key. I'm certain I can
      trust you to be discreet."
      Unity learned that, when in Munich, Hitler often had lunch "at the
      Osteria Bavaria, an artists' cafe full of drawings and watercolours that
      himself a watercolourist, loved. He would usually arrive at about 2:30
      p.m. and
      often later," accompanied his constant companions, photographer Heinrich
      Hoffman, his secretary Martin Bormann, Reich press chief Otto Dietrich and the
      Nazi gauleiter of Munich, Alfred Wagner. They always "made straight for their
      regular table, in a corner of the room shielded by a low partition."
      Hitler, 46, was a creature of routine. After spending five minutes
      looking at the menu, he ordered the same thing every day--a dish of meatless
      ravioli, with either mineral water or herbal tea on the side. "In a
      coffee-drinking culture, he was a vegetarian, subsisting largely on pasta,
      eggs, salad and fruit."
      (Editor's Comment: To me, this seems conclusive evidence that Hitler was a
      member of Jorge Lanz von Liebenfels' Order of the New Templars between 1910
      the outbreak of World War I four years later.)
      Unity, 20, "was impossible to overlook. A tall, striking, well-dressed
      blonde, her scarlet mouth and silkily powdered complexion contrasted vividly
      with the scrubbed faces of the women around her as she sat at her corner
      her huge blue eyes fixed on the Feuhrer. It was not long before he asked one
      of the waitresses who she was, but, to Unity's annoyance, the (1934)
      Christmas holidays intervened."
      The meeting Unity longed for finally happened on Saturday, February 5,
      1935. Hitler arrived at 3 p.m. with Bormann and the usual gang. Ten minutes
      later, the maitre d' sidled up to Unity's chair and whispered, "The Fuehrer
      would like to speak to you."
      Hitler and Unity hit it right off. Hitler's favorite piece of music was
      Wagner's Die Meistersinger, which was also the favorite of Unity's
      Grandfather Redesdale. Also she was a big fan of Cavalcade, which was
      Hitler's favorite
      film after King Kong.
      Their hour together seemed like a minute or two. In her diary, Unity wrote,
      "I am so happy I wouldn't mind dying."
      So began "an affair to remember," or maybe the one Churchill wanted to
      Here he was with an outside shot at Number 10 Downing, especially if
      l'affaire Simpson blew up in Baldwin's face, and where is Clemmie's niece,
      Valkyrie Mitford? Why, she's in Munich, fooling around with Adolf Hitler.
      But what about Eva Braun, Hitler's mistress since 1932? Was she aware
      of his interest in the British girl? You betcha. In her diary of May 10,
      1935, Eva wrote, "She is known as die Walkure (Translated: The
      Valkyrie--J.T.) and
      looks the part. Including her legs..."
      "I shall wait until 3 June, in other words a quarter of a year since our
      last meeting, and then demand an explanation. Let nobody say I'm not
      "The weather is magnificent and I, the mistress of the greatest man in
      Germany and the whole world, I sit here waiting while the sun mocks me through
      the windowpanes."
      Ostensibly a "student," Unity continued her work for the NSDAP and even
      spoke at a Nazi rally in Hesselberg. She became friends with Julius
      Streicher, another of Hitler's "old Party comrades" and publisher of the
      newspaper Der Sturmer. Streicher took it open himself to "educate" Unity "in
      all matters pertaining to the Jewish Question."
      Like Eva Braun, Unity was enveloped in a shroud of secrecy by the SS,
      her existence unknown to the German people. Throughout the second half of the
      1930s, she lived in Munich and had only sporadic contacts with her family.
      These were mainly with Diana, now married to Tom Mosley and struggling with
      declining fortunes of the British Union of Fascists, and with younger sister
      Jessica, who scandalized UK society in 1937 by running off to Spain with her
      second cousin, Esmond Romilly.
      UK and Germany came to the brink of war in 1938 over the Czechoslovakia
      crisis. The last-minute Munich accord, engineered by Prime Minister Neville
      Chamberlain, averted war that year, but relations between the two countries
      deteriorated swiftly. Hitler refused to back off from his pledge to bring all
      the Germans of eastern Europe under the rule of the Third Reich.
      Lady Redesdale was very much concerned about Unity, who resisted all
      suggestions that she return home. Joseph Kennedy Jr., son of the USA's
      ambassador to UK (and older brother of President John F. Kennedy--J.T.)
      visited Unity
      in Munich in early 1939. Writing to his mother in Hyannisport, Mass., Joe
      Junior commented, "She (Unity) believes Hitler to be more than a
      genius...He can
      make no mistake and has made none. She has been afraid to go to England
      for fear there would be a war and she would be caught there."
      Finally, Diana made a last-ditch effort to persuade Unity to leave.
      Flying to Munich on July 31, 1939, she joined Unity as Hitler's guest at the
      Bayreuth music festival. On August 1, 1939, they went to see the
      Afterward, Diana wrote, "Never had the glorious music seemed to me so
      doom-laden. I knew well what Unity, sitting beside me, was thinking. Next
      (August 2, 1939) I left for England with death in my heart."
      A month later, on September 4, 1939, Unity wrote to Diana and several
      friends; then "she took the small Walther pistol Hitler had given her from its
      drawer in her writing table and drove to see the Munich Gauleiter, Alfred
      Wagner, to ask him if she would be interned. Reassured that she would not
      be, she
      requested him, 'if anything happened,' to see that she was buried in Munich
      with her photograph of Hitler and her party badge, both of which she handed
      for safekeeping."
      "After a few last errands, she walked to the Englischer Garten, a small
      park near the river Iser, sat down on a bench, took her pistol out of her
      handbag, took a trial shot at the ground and then put the muzzle to her right
      temple and pulled the trigger. She fell unconscious, but she had not
      succeeded in
      killing herself."
      (Editor's Note: This made Unity the third woman, after Angela Rabaul and Eva
      Braun, to attempt suicide because of her relationship with Hitler.)
      Unknown to Unity, however, Himmler and Wagner had assigned two Gestapo
      agents to keep her under surveillance. Hearing the first shot, they rushed
      towards the park bench. Their quick response undoubtedly saved Unity's life.
      Unity "was put in a private room at the Chirurgische
      Universitats-Klinik, paid by Hitler. The bullet, it was discovered by the
      doctor who examined
      her the next day, had lodged in the back of her skull and was impossible to
      extract." Upon hearing the news, Hitler dispatched his personal physician,
      Theodore Morell, to Munich and visited the clinic himself a couple of days
      The next two months of Unity's life are a complete mystery. Apparently,
      she remained a patient at the clinic. Then, on November 8, 1939, the day
      before the NSDAP's "Day of the Martyrs" (commemorating the "Beer Hall
      Putsch" of
      November 9, 1923--J.T.), Hitler "went to see Unity and asked her if she wanted
      to stay in Germany or go back to England. 'England,' she replied. Her
      belongings in Germany were put into storage at Hitler's expense, and she was
      dispatched to a nursing home in Switzerland by train, in a reserved
      carriage paid by
      In December, Lady Redesdale and her youngest daughter, Deborah, arrived
      in Berne to bring Unity home.
      Flash forward six years to August 17, 1945. In the sparkling waters off
      Mar del Plata, Argentina, a submarine's prow breaks the surface. Up comes
      the U-977, commanded by Capt. Heinz Schaeffer. She sits dead in the water
      the Argentinian cruiser Belgrano comes alongside. Then Schaeffer is piped
      aboard the Belgrano and surrenders his boat and crew.
      During the debriefing, the Argentinian commodore told Schaeffer,
      "Captain, I must tell you that your boat is suspected of having sunk the
      steamship Bahia a few days ago. It is also suspected that you had Adolf
      Eva Braun and Martin Bormann on board and put them ashore on the southern
      part of our continent."
      Schaeffer was stunned. But it was no joke, as he himself learned when
      he was flown to Washington D.C. and held prisoner for months "as though I were
      a major political figure of the Third Reich." For the rest of his life, he
      vigorously denied being part of a "ghost convoy" that had carried Hitler to
      South America.
      However, Schaeffer made some inquiries of his own into the matter. When
      Ladislas Szabo's book, Hitler Esta Vivo (Translated: Hitler Is Alive--J.T.)
      was published in 1947, Schaeffer asked a friend in Buenos Aires to mail him a
      In the book, he found some mysterious items, "pictures of Hitler and Eva
      Braun and a girl in charge of two boys, who 'looked very like Hitler.'"
      We know that Eva Braun never had children. But what about Unity
      Valkyrie Mitford?
      The only person outside of Hitler's inner circle to see Unity was her
      sister Diana, on August 1, 1939, about a week before Unity's 25th
      birthday. At
      the time, Unity was living in a plush apartment in Munich, "found with
      Hitler's help--it had belonged to a Jewish couple who had 'decided to leave.'"
      Then there's the two Gestapo watchdogs (bodyguards?), the paid-for trip
      to Bayreuth, Hitler's rushing Dr. Morell to her bedside, Hitler paying for a
      private room at the clinic, the private railroad car to Berne, the long-term
      storage of Unity's belongings, the stay at the Swiss nursing home, and the
      personal visit on November 8, 1939. All of this suggests that Unity was
      more to
      Hitler than just another girl friend.
      Was she the mother of Hitler's children?
      Let's assume that Unity gave birth the day before Hitler's
      arrival--November 7, 1939. That means she would've missed her first period
      in March and
      the second in April, well after she spoke to Joe Kennedy Jr. By June, she
      have known for certain that she was pregnant. Which meant a big surprise for
      Diana when she came through Unity's Munich flat doorway the evening of July
      31, 1939.
      "Hello--it's me." And, seeing her sister with her stomach sticking out,
      Diana slaps her forehead and yowls, "Omigawd! Farve's going to shoot you!
      To say nothing of Aunt Clemmie!"
      Of course, that is only speculation. What is known for certain is that,
      after her failed suicide attempt, Unity was confined in the clinic under
      tight security for two months. And then Hitler made an unusual personal
      giving her the option of remaining in Germany or returning home.
      And that Captain Schaeffer saw a photograph of two six-year-old boys
      with their nanny, whom Szabo claimed were Hitler's children.
      As for "the Valkyrie," she retired to Inch Kenneth, her family's island
      off the coast of Scotland. Here her health steadily deteriorated, and she
      died on May 29, 1948, "the cause of death given as meningitis stemming from
      bullet wound she had inflicted on herself almost nine years earlier."
      If "the Hitler twins" do exist, then they just celebrated their 65th
      birthday. As to where they are now--Argentina, Antarctica or Aldebaran--your
      guess is as good as mine. (See the books Diana Mosley: Mitford Beauty,
      Fascist, Hitler's Angel by Anne de Courcy, Chatto & Windus, Random House,
      London, 2003, pages 7, 89, 90, 134, 135, 136, 148, 149, 204, 205, 295 and
      296; and
      U-Boat 977 by Heinz Schaeffer, W.W. Norton & Co., New York, N.Y., 1952, pages
      1,2,3,4, 145, 146, 147 and 148.)

      Well, that's it for this week. Join us in seven days for more UFO,
      Fortean and paranormal news from around the planet Earth, brought to you by
      paper that goes home--UFO Roundup." See you next time.

      UFO ROUNDUP: Copyright 2004 by Masinaigan Productions, all rights reserved.
      Readers may post news items from UFO Roundup on their Web sites or in news
      groups provided that they credit the newsletter and its editor by name and
      the date of issue in which the item first appeared.

      E-Mail Reports to: Joseph Trainor <Masinaigan@...>
      or use the Sighting Report Form at:


      Website comments: John Hayes <webmaster@...>

      UFOINFO: http://www.ufoinfo.com

      Official Archives for UFO Roundup, AUFORN Australian
      UFO Reports and Experiences, UFO + PSI Magazine
      plus archives of Humanoid Sighting Reports (Albert
      Rosales), Filer's Files, Oz Files, UFO News UK.
      UFO Roundup is only sent to subscribers.
      If you wish to unsubscribe or feel you have received
      the bulletin in error, please write to:


      With the subject: Unsubscribe UFO Roundup.
    Your message has been successfully submitted and would be delivered to recipients shortly.