Firmage Set to Launch Research Institute

  • Jeroen Kumeling
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 4, 1999
      Firmage Set to Launch Research Institute

      By Michele Rosen
      Staff Writer

      Jul 27 1999 12:01:41 ET
      Six months after shocking the Internet and business worlds, Joseph Firmage
      is about to step back into the limelight. Wednesday, he plans to launch his
      new research institute, the International Space Sciences Organization
      (ISSO).

      Firmage became a controversial figure in January, when he posted a book
      called The Truth to his web site, and then resigned as CEO of USWeb/CKS, a
      $1.6 billion Internet consulting and services firm.

      Firmage has generated so much controversy because of his belief that aliens
      have visited the Earth. But he insists his message has been distorted by
      the media. "For people who've taken the time to read my book, only about
      two pages out of 700 had anything to do with Roswell," Firmage told
      space.com in a recent interview. "It was about biology, physics, where we
      stand and what's around the corner."

      Firmage hopes the announcements he plans to make Wednesday about ISSO will
      help skeptics see his vision from a different angle. Rather than focusing
      on UFOlogy or other "fringe" subjects, ISSO will spend several million
      dollars on research into breakthrough propulsion systems, including
      electromagnetic propulsion systems and methods for "manipulating" the speed
      of light; energy generation systems, such as fuel cells and "zero point
      energy systems"; and what Firmage calls "the physical dynamics of
      consciousness," or the idea that physics and human consciousness are based
      on a single set of underlying processes.

      ISSO will spend several million dollars on internal research projects and
      grants to scientists at other organizations, Firmage said, adding that all
      the research will be scientifically accurate. "People will be satisfied
      with the intellectual rigor of what we do," he said. "The reality is the
      press has treated this so trivially. We're really doing some very important
      work."

      In fact, Firmage said, some people are already becoming more receptive to
      his efforts. "I've noticed a very positive swing in receptivity amongst
      scientists, government and Silicon Valley. I think people are mature enough
      to remember that we've been seriously advancing engineering technologies
      for only about 40,000 days now, or 100 years. I'm sure the grand march of
      science does not stop at 2000 A.D."

      Copyright �1999 space.com, inc. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.

      Met vriendelijke groeten,

      Jeroen Kumeling
      Paul Krugerstraat 6
      7551 GX Hengelo (ov)
      +31 (0)74-24 25 514
      email: jkumeling@...

      UFO-Werkgroep Nederland
      Postbus 2191
      7500 CD Enschede
      tel: +31 (0)53 4310412
      email: ufowerkgroepNL@...

      Bezoek ook eens de internetsite van UFONET:
      http://www.xs4all.nl/~ufonet of
      http://ufonet.iwarp.com

      Vergeet de zonsverduistering op 11 aug as. niet!