Sighting reports Via UFO Scotland website and my rant!

  • Dave Ledger
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 2, 1999
      Greetings listmembers,

      Here are a few sighting reports received recently via the UFO Scotland
      website. I thought that I would forward them on to the various lists
      FYI.

      Oh yes, one more thing! For the record:

      The term UFO, at least to the team at UFO Scotland, means an
      unidentified object of some kind and NOT an alien spaceship. That is
      quite a jump with many unfounded assumptions, if we are to assume that
      every unidentified craft or object spotted in our skies, is to be an
      extra-terrestrial craft from another world. If that was the case, I fear
      that the Human race would be outnumbered by all these frequent visitors
      and our skies would be full of these things everywhere. However, this is
      obviously not the case. Lets get real and honest folks!

      Here's hoping that we can all start to work together sharing our
      findings and being civil to eachother, whilst we all go about our
      various quests to uncover the truth behind this bizarre phenomena.
      Teamwork, consideration and respect for other researchers and their
      work, will achieve results through time.

      If we can all be seen by the media and various authorities in general,
      to be civil and supportive to eachother, perhaps UFOLOGY will be taken a
      little more seriously and make a little headway instead of the Status
      Quo that has been observed for the last 50 years regarding UFO research,
      the way it is portrayed to the public, the real truth and the media's
      involvement.

      It really concerns me when I read reports from other researchers who
      have been studying the ufo phenomena for the past 30,40 or even 50
      years. When I see their results and data gained during this research
      time, I can see not much more than I have found after just under three
      years of serious research into this phenomena.

      Are we going to be sitting here in 10, 20 or thirty years from now with
      exactly the same feelings and questions? I sure hope not! Not one
      group or researcher can do this or find all of the hidden answers on
      their own. We all need eachother and have to work together as a large
      and organised unit, if we want to avoid asking these same questions
      again in a few decades time.

      Treat others how you would like to be treated yourself, and stop waiting
      for the almighty Govts of the world to tell all, cause it won't happen
      anytime soon. We have to find the answers ourselves, as a large and
      united worldwide research unit and not expect the info to be given to us
      on a golden platter as we all so readily do.

      Construction and not Destruction folks!

      Well thats my rant I guess :0) Any and all feedback is welcome of
      course.

      Thanks for your time,

      >From your friend in Bonnie Scotland,

      Dave Ledger (UFO Scotland)

      Sighting reports follow below:

      Name : T W
      date: : 7/10/99
      location: : LIVERPOOL
      time : 10.50
      PM : on
      My_Sighting_Submission : UFO SIGHTING
      I JUST THOUGHT I'D HANG THE WASHING OUT, WHEN I SUDDENLY FELT SOMETHING
      WAS
      WATCHING ME, SO I TURNED AND IN THE DISTANCE THERE WAS AN OBJECT ABOUT
      500FT UP IT WAS
      NOT AN AEROPLANE I KNOW THAT BECAUSE IT WAS SOUNDLESS IT WAS KIND OF
      TRIANGLER
      SHAPE AND HAD WHITE LIGHTS BEAMING FROM THE BOTTOM I FELT QUITE SCARED I
      RAN IN TO
      TELL MY DAD BUT IT WAS GONE AS IF IT HAD NEVER BEEN THERE IT WAS FAR TO
      FAST FOR A PLANE
      THERE WAS NOTHING TO BE SEEN IN THE DISTANCE.?E-mail generated by
      MailForm Lite version 1.3.7

      Name : t
      date: : aprill 1991
      location: : tebay cumbria england
      time : 10.30
      PM : on
      My_Sighting_Submission : me my brother and two freinds seen an object in
      the sky ,it was about the size as venus a bit bigger
      and brighter,at first it moved in a straight line as a satelite would.
      one of my freinds said it was a satelite,as soon as he said this
      the object stopped and circled 3 times, then it zoom off zig zagging at
      incredible speeds,it had changed colour by this time to a
      crimson colour, then it stopped and changed to its origanal colour of
      silvery white, then it became a amber colour and started
      to decend slowly, going left then right, like a falling leaf or a bit of
      paper,at this time the object became very bright so bright it
      looked like a dot of light right in front of your eyes, one of my
      freinds became frightend and decided to return to the tent were
      we was camping. the object stayed performing impossible manouveres for
      more than 2 hours, untill my brother and freind
      returned to the tent. i kept watching then the ufo turn colour again to
      silvery white , !
      and remained stationary like a star ,i watched it for a long time and it
      did not move so i joined my freinds back in the tent. the
      weather at the time was clear with a few clouds.

      Name : R L
      date: : 27/7/99
      location: : Edinburgh
      time : 1:00
      AM : on
      My_Sighting_Submission : A bright white, blue and green light. Direction
      west
      Elevation 45 degrees. Moving left to right and then right
      to left. Duration of sighting 1min approx.

      Name : Michael James Martinez
      date: : 8/1/1999
      location: : Bethlehem PA
      time : Around 7:30/8:00
      PM : on
      My_Sighting_Submission : It was around 7:30/8:00, and I was swimming in
      my aunts
      pool and I got out becuase the water was getting cold
      and I decided to sit on the deck of the pool to dry off.
      I was just sitting there for about five miniuts and I saw
      this red flash of light about two hundred feet away. I
      did not here any sound of what a plane would make and
      just like a bat out of hell, a red orbed shaped object
      appeared out of no where. It was about three hundred feet
      off the ground and it just hovered and bobbed around,and
      just as fast as it apered it disappeared. As astonished
      as I was I was about to run in the house when I saw a jet
      go past and past the jet was a bright flash and I saw
      someting shoot off like a bullet. So I suppose I saw two
      unidentified flying objects.

      Name : Aaron Crossley
      date: : 6/6/99
      location: : Madison, AL, USA
      time : 12:05 am Central Time
      AM : on
      My_Sighting_Submission : Let me start of by saying that I am quite the
      UFO enthusiast and have
      been facsinated with anything UFO related since I was a little kid. I
      got a call at about
      12:05am from my friend jessica, who was over at her boyfriend David's
      house with several of my
      other friends. They told me that her, and everyone at the house at the
      time had been out
      watching UFOs for a few minutes now. I was ecstatic and went to go wake
      my parents. I got my
      dad up and outside to come search the sky. We spotted in the
      south-eastern sky a stobing
      light. It seemed to be high altitude, although admitadly i'm not too
      good at judging altitude.
      I've seen planes strobe lights and this was different. This very bright,
      and not moving. It
      started to strobe at a faster and faster pace until it would flash once
      very brightly (Enough
      to light up a good bit of the sky), dissapear, and then to my amazement
      re-appear in another
      part of the sky with another big flash, After the big flash it beg!
      an slowing its bright white blinking to the rate it was at before. At
      this point I decided I
      had to go get my mom, as my dad didnt want me to wake her up the first
      time. When her and I
      got back downstairs I walked out of my garage just in time to see it
      dissapear with another
      white flash and reapear with another white flash. At one point the first
      one flashed bright
      once, another one showed up, and flew near the first at a high rate of
      speed, pulling off a
      sharp turn torwards it. The second one was reddish, but still flashed
      white sometimes. It was
      the most incredible thing I have ever seen. After a good half hour of
      putting on what seemed
      to be some kind of show they started moving south in dissapearing,
      re-apearing zig zag
      patterns, until they got too far to see. I wish i had some kind of video
      camera, as I would
      love to watch it over and over again. It was amazing, and yet kind of
      creepy at the same time.
      I have several witnesses, and my friend John says he saw police off!
      icers and civilian spectators looking up into the sky in a convienence
      store parking lots on
      his way home. I have not yet called the Madison Police Department to
      confirm this. I did
      however call the air traffic control tower at huntsville international
      airport and asked them
      if they had any sightings or blips and they just told me that air
      traffic control doesnt track
      anything that they arent expecting. I kindly asked him to ask someone
      who was there the night
      it happened, but the guy there didnt see anything. I guess they dont
      look at the radar screen
      unless a planes coming in. Have you guys gotten any sightings like this?
      Can you refer me to
      some video clips that contain a similar sighting? Do you get many
      sightings like this? Mail me
      anytime, and I dont care about anonymity. If you wish to speak to any of
      the other witnesses
      via phone E-mail me. I watched the news the next day and apparantly the
      media didnt get wind
      of it, so I really want this one to get out. Thank you for!
      your time.

      Subject:
      ufo sighting
      Date:
      Tue, 27 Jul 1999 13:47:22 -0500
      From:
      Richard Powell <dibblee@...>
      To:
      UFOSCOT@...

      on or about 090152 i sighted a ufo in greensboro,n.c. i observed a huge
      saucer shaped object hovering between two houses. i was 15 years old at
      the time and was riding my bike and only caught a glimpse of this object
      because my momentum carried me to a point where on of the houses blocked
      my vision.i immediately slammed on the brakes to the bike and returned
      to the location of my sighting only to view a rapidly dissapearing speck
      in the sky. in my best judgement, this all happened in about 10 seconds.
      there were no sounds. because i did not want people to think i was
      crazy, i told noone about this incident at that time. richard m.
      powell, b,ham ala
      If you see someone without a smile......give them one of yours :)
      Posted by: Dave Ledger (mailto:UFOSCOT@...)
      VISIT "UFO SCOTLAND" AT:
      <A HREF="http://wkweb5.cableinet.co.uk/dledger/">UFO Scotland.</A>
      ICQ pager http://wwp.mirabilis.com/4851425
      THE TRUTH IS JUST AROUND THE CORNER!..................BUT HOW FAR?
      "The sands of time are trickling away from our dear mother Earth
      and yet we continue to fight amongst ourselves and destroy our
      natural enviroment,leaving all the mess for our children and their
      children's children to inherit when we're gone."