[AtlantisMysteries] The 'Pull and Tug' of the Little Asteroid Toutatis??

  • TC
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 4, 2004
      Ancient Star
      http://groups.yahoo.com/group/AtlantisMysteries/

      Hi,

      I'm "supposing," since our friendly little "visitor" Toutatis has left us, things should begin calming down
      a bit, and return to fairly "normal seismic activites?"

      In the few ensuing months before this little mountain sized peanut asteroid swung close to the earth,
      earthquakes all over the Earth began to mount on a daily basis, and volcanos world wide slowly began
      erupting, more and more each passing day until finally this "close encounter" with Toutatis, the "cherry"
      on the cake. Seems all the major volcanos worldwide have since become active all at about the same
      time with a major run of earthquakes as well.

      Now that Toutatis has returned back along his merry little speedway, I would hope Earth's molten-mantle
      will subside and settle down somewhat until his next "coming" visit in 2008. We'll get another visit in 2012
      as well, and every four years thereafter. Maybe we should not live too close to major volcanoes or known
      fault-lines??

      They say this was Toutatis' closest visit??

      Kat

      Re:.......
      ... THE SKY IS ALWAYS FALLING

      As the world awaits the passing-or crashing-of planetoid Toutatls

      Toutatis Coming September 29..

      Asteroid 4179

      "Toutatis is officially listed as a Potentially Hazardous Asteroid (PHA). If
      an asteroid like Toutatis were to impact the earth, the resultant explosion
      will be equivalent to that of one million megatons of Tri-Nitro-Toluene (TNT),
      which is a well known powerful explosive agent," says Manjo Pai, General
      Secretary of Confederation of Indian Amateur Astronomers .
      http://www.hindustantimes.com/news/181_1019170,00040005.htm
      The asteroid that wiped out the dinosaurs 65 million years ago, and left a
      180-kilometre wide crater in Mexico, was about eight times as big.
      "So if Toutatis were to hit it might not actually wipe out all life on Earth,
      but it would probably destroy several continents. It would be extremely
      catastrophic," he said. from http://www.smh.com.au/articles/2004/09/24/1095961861901.html?oneclick=true