STS 82 ....the mystery deepens

  • John Locker
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 2, 2004
      Back in February 1997 a strange conversation took place between STS82
      shuttle crew members.

      You will find many references to the incident on the internet , including
      sound files , purportedly recalling the actual event.
      All of those sound bites come from one source , the video I recorded on that
      February morning.

      The only sound and video files released by me were carefully edited so that
      I could track them back to my master recording...so it is easy to identify
      their origin.

      Now , more than seven years later , a further investigation has been carried
      out by a respected researcher who had access to NASA Files and archives.
      The intention was to try and find NASA's own version of the recording , and
      perhaps solve the mystery once and for all.

      However , our hopes were dashed , when we found that there are no records on
      file covering the short period around 0630 gmt that morning.There are gaps
      in all recordings , and no NASA TV archive footage available.

      As a result , it would seem that my video , recorded live from a satellite
      news transmission into Europe , is the only copy in existance.

      All possinble explanations have been considered , but nothing can explain
      what was said by the crew members or the way in which they said it.

      I would now like to place a copy of the full , unedited video , running time
      12 minutes ,and total size about 2.5mb , on an appropriate web site , for
      all to see. This will be the first time it has been released in full
      un-edited format .

      Please contact me direct if you would like to host the video.

      Many thanks,

      John
    • orbman@mchsi.com
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 2, 2004
        contact me I will put it up on Think-aboutit.com
        Message 3 of 3 , Sep 3, 2004
          On Thu, 02 Sep 2004 16:11:59 +0000, <orbman@...> wrote:

          > contact me I will put it up on Think-aboutit.com

          Hello Orbman,

          You should contact John Locker directly at his address
          <john@...>

          Best Regards,

          Frits