FWD: [UASR] YUKON: Territory tops in spotting UFOS

    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 1, 1999
      Posted by : "Terry W. Colvin" <fortean@...>

      The Globe and Mail, 31 July 1999, p. A9

      YUKON: Territory tops in spotting UFOS: investigator

      WHITEHORSE. There are more unidentified flying objects sighted in the
      Yukon than anywhere else in Canada, says a UFO investigator. Just last
      weekend, two sightings were reported to Martin Jasek, one of two UFO
      investigators in the territory.

      "The people I interview are very sincere and they seem normal to me," Mr.
      Jasek said. "What's so nice about the Yukon is that everybody knows
      everybody, so you often get one story, and then they say, 'Oh, I know so
      and so, who saw something,' and it just keeps going and going."

      Mr. Jasek works for the federal government by day. But he has been a UFO
      investigator for about two years and has investigated about 40 sightings.
      Only recently did he see what might have been a UFO during a trip in
      Manitoba.

      "I was driving down the freeway, and this white ball came up between the
      trees," he said, calling the incident "pretty minor compared to some of
      the stories we do get." Those accounts can be found on the Internet at
      www.ufobc.org/yukon. Canadian Press

      [See also National Post, 31 July 1999, p. A8, "Yukon is Canada's
      UFO-sighting Capital."]

      --
      Terry W. Colvin, Sierra Vista, Arizona (USA) < fortean@... >
      Home Page: < http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Shadowlands/8832 >