Alfred's Odd Ode #385

  • Alfred Lehmberg
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 4, 2004
      Alfred's Odd Ode #385 (June 4, 2004)

      Bigotry disgusts me. It's a bane on humankind. It's at the root of all
      that's wrong; a rot that fills our minds. It presupposes honesty; it's
      ignorance extant! Bigotry insults the sense of where one's really at.
      Bigotry belies good sense, has something less than heart, and hardens ones
      insentience to its paucity of smarts.

      Bigotry's a liar, false witness will it bear, and it proves it has no
      conscience living lies without a care. Authoritarian, inflexible, and
      dogmatic when it's wrong, it has practiced, flawlessly, malfeasance all
      along. Masquerading as the measure of a way to live ones life, it weaves a
      cloth of misery and contributes to our strife.

      It keeps us from reality, obscures a ready truth, and cuts the nose off
      faces like it's found its only use. It foments a resentment, provokes a
      _just_ contempt, and fuels a detestation on its opening attempt. It dulls
      the wit, betrays the trust, and breaks the ties that bind, as is usual with
      intolerance from a less than open mind.

      Bigotry is why we fail. Bigotry? Defeat! Bigotry is where we lose.
      Bigotry? Conceit! It's a limiter of wisdom as perception is decreased.
      It's all the wrong ideas and its ethics are diseased. It's bigotry that
      turns back clocks to suit an arbitrary so just a few can profit on the
      misery of many.

      It's lack of understanding and the conflict that must bring. It's terror in
      our futures! It's an awful... loathsome thing. It prostitutes our honor.
      It increases our travail. Bigotry offends the soul like Christ's three
      nine-inch nails. Bigotry lacks all respect. Bigotry's despised. Bigotry
      is at the source of _all_ that cheats and lies!

      alienview@...

      The first thoughts expressed from our tinhorn lapdog media regarding the
      Mexican FLIR UFO sightings in March was born of sneering disrespect,
      laughing dismissal, and a reflexive bigotry refined in 100 years of social
      hijacking, corporate manipulation, and cultural conflictedness. Bigotry,
      again, went largely unchallenged.

      The bleached neo-aristocracy concocting, nurturing, and otherwise
      maintaining this bigotry looks down its nose at the rest of the world, and
      through the aforementioned corrupt media's unceasing propaganda facilitates
      the generation... of generation after generation of _new_ bigots. It's the
      American way.

      To be "black" was to get back and to be "brown" was an invitation out of
      town, or how else does one explain the very real difference between the
      United States comparatively closed _southern_ border when contrasted with
      the more open _northern_ one? And no, I don't hate America; I just think
      she's better served by reflective and thoughtful criticism than she is by
      reflexive and thoughtless adulation. Question my patriotism, please. I'll
      eat your literary face...

      The days are over when we can look around the world and see a 'superiority'
      born of what has been proffered to us by conflicted agencies, suspicious
      institutions, and appointed governments. The people south of our border
      cannot be dismissed as taco-bending siesta takers sleeping off their latest
      peasant banquet of rice, beans, and tequila -- ignorant and credulous
      savages seeing angels and UFOs... or living hand to mouth in non-awareness
      and intellectual squalor (...as is subtly suggested by our official media
      and stealthily practiced by ourselves!). We dishonor, humiliate, and
      _betray_ ourselves (in the long run), not to mention THEM... to perpetuate
      these egregious unspoken myths.

      We are talking about human beings, reader, located immediately south of a
      dry dusty border - credible persons like ourselves with their own
      prerequisites, predilections, and prerogatives ... intelligent and educated
      people, forthright and deliberate people... smart, focused, and courageous
      people. Indeed, this is exactly what was demonstrated in the recorded
      behavior of the intrepid pilots with regard to the Mexican UFO FLIR case!

      I was a professional pilot for many years, reader. I trained, and was
      trained by, the absolute best, achieved all the highest ratings available...
      like IP (instructor pilot) SIP (standardization instructor pilot) and IFE
      (instrument flight examiner). I had an 'experiential' 'PhD' in professional
      aeronautics and aviation systems management. I flew as Aircraft Commander
      in combat, served in line aviation units in supervisory positions, was the
      Senior TAC Officer at the Army's only Warrant Officer Candidate School, and
      finally ended my career as a military aviator evaluating candidate aviators
      for an aviation career track. I was the aviation _judge_, ladies and
      skeptibunkies, for many years. Verily.

      The Mexican pilots in that aircraft, from what I have seen and heard thus
      far... were top freaking drawer! They were models of courage... just being
      out there to perform their duty (!)... forgetting that they encountered
      something decidedly off the 'menu' of what they were, already, bravely
      looking for... drug-runners, something a little dodgy to begin with...

      The bravery they displayed was nothing short of exemplary! They found the
      grit, gravitas, and sizable cahones to laugh, however nervously, abruptly
      _surrounded_ by the highly strange! Still, under extreme duress and beyond
      duty's call -- they functioned. With precision, calmness, and proficiency
      they continued to do their jobs. In a position to know, I can report that
      it just doesn't _get_ any better than that. _Yea_ and verily!

      I'd like to think that _I_ would have been as brave and professional as
      these men were in the performance of their duty. I would like to think
      that I could have been as cool and practiced as they were, undeniably,
      during this entirely out of the box (...and far reaching!) affair. But... I
      don't know. I don't know.

      It remains that these Mexican pilots were, though. Indisputably, they are
      on record and laboriously translated by John Velez among others, as such.
      And, in as much as they provided no self-humiliating ammunition (...absolute
      ly zero in this writer's professional opinion...), they are just the thing
      to obviate the ignorant and _baseless_ bigotry that is entertained by those
      north of their border, and fanned by that duplicitous popular culture for
      them... about their (ongoing!) UFO sightings, courage to be interested in
      those UFOs, and then, with real guts, their reports on same.

      America? We _can_ (and better!) take the lesson!

      ¡Sur valiente hecho pozo de los amigos de la frontera! ¡Le saludo!

      Pardon my bad Spanish... Read on!

      alienview@...

      EXPLORE "AlienViewGroup" at its HostPros URL.
      http://www.alienview.net

      ...content to read, content to hear, content to see.....

      JOHN FORD RESTORATION FUND -- John will be released eventually.
      He'll need a tax free cash stake to get on his feet. Let's put
      one together for him; the bigger it is -- the more attention
      he gets. It could have been you. E-mail for detail.
      $450.00 pledged -- $300.00 collected!

      "I cleave the heavens, and soar to the infinite.
      What others see from afar, I leave far behind me."
      - Giordano Bruno, scourged by the scabrously specious scurrilous.