Fwd: UFO UpDate: Revised FLIR Translation With Concise Time Codes

    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 2, 2004
      ------- Forwarded message -------

      From: John <johnvelez.aic@...>
      To: ufoupdates@...
      Date: Mon, 31 May 2004 16:46:05 -0400
      Subject: Revised FLIR Translation With Concise Time Codes

      Hello All:

      This is a revised (final) version of the Translation. It
      includes much tighter time coding for any one who may wish to
      follow along with the audio portion of the recording. I also
      made a few corrections. (ie; I changed all of the 'Smile'
      comments throughout the document.)

      Respectfully submitted for your edification.

      Regards to All,

      John Velez
      For Bruce Maccabee on behalf of Jaime Maussan,
      Santiago Yturria and myself.

      ------

      English Translation Of Audio From The Flir Video Recording
      Aboard A Mexican Air Force Merlin C26A During A UFO Incident

      Date: March 5, 2004
      Location: In air space over the City of Carmen, State of Campeche

      Translation by Santiago Yturria with assistance on final draft
      from John Velez.

      Note: Voice identification, below, does not correspond to the
      same crew members in every segment. Voices are labelled in
      order of appearance in each segment.

      -----

      PART 1:
      [The C26A is patrolling known drug smuggling flight
      paths.]

      FLIR VIDEO TIME: (Hour/Min/Sec) 12:55:09 to 12:55:29

      [Crew Conversation]

      VOICE A: Do you have the lagoon in sight?
      VOICE B: Yes it is to the right.

      VOICE A: We get to the lagoon and we'll do that.
      VOICE B: To the right?
      VOICE A: Yes.

      VOICE B: And we go back to the point, or do we move away?
      VOICE A: We move away, that is, we make a pattern more or less
      like an arc.

      VOICE B: Okay.

      FLIR VIDEO TIME: 13:16:22 to 13:16:33

      [no dialogue]

      FLIR VIDEO TIME: 16:42:44 to 16:43:30

      VOICE A: Almost to 12 of our position, distance, 2.9, speed, 75.
      VOICE B: Pan more to the left because of the sun.
      VOICE C: Yes.

      VOICE B: Pan to the left
      VOICE A: Okay I see it.

      VOICE A: The runway is here at one
      VOICE C: Where are you?
      VOICE A: Ehhh, at 12 of our position, 2.3.
      VOICE B: A runway

      Encounter with the UFOs begins:

      PART 2:
      [Unknown traffic appears. The crew begins to take
      action. They report a target to the base which is
      suspected to be a clandestine airplane.]

      16:45:33
      VOICE A: I'll tell you right away
      VOICE B: A position?
      VOICE C: A position.. 7- 4

      16:45:38
      VOICE A: At 12 of our position, I still have it there
      VOICE D: A traffic
      VOICE E: Can you get me the headquarters officer, Captain Danzon
      to let him know that we are reading a target.

      16:45:45
      VOICE A: Point Carmen 18- 4
      VOICE B: It's marking a speed of 206 and has a heading of 301

      16:52:03
      VOICE A: It's behind the clouds.
      VOICE A: What could it have been?
      VOICE B: Don't know. It went on the other side - exactly where I
      had it.

      [The FLIR operator trying to track the object through
      the clouds.]

      16:52:52
      VOICE A: Come, come.
      VOICE B: Go.

      VOICE A: Right, right.
      VOICE B: Here it goes! Here it goes!!

      16:53:00
      VOICE B: There it goes... there it goes!

      PART 3:

      [The object is clearly visible on the FLIR. The crew
      begins to wonder out loud about the unknown light.]

      16:53:03
      VOICE A: What is it Juarez? Juarez what is it?
      VOICE B: It's a point.
      VOICE C: A point. It's there.
      VOICE D: It's there directly behind us.

      16:53:10
      VOICE C: Its correct, it's now at our 7 o'clock position at
      10.5 miles distance.

      16:53:16
      VOICE C: It's course is, 2- 8- 3 with a speed of 3-3-4.
      VOICE D: More.

      16:55:16
      VOICE A: At least we have contact with it on the FLIR and we've
      had Radar contact all the time.

      16:55:22
      VOICE B: What's its altitude - more or less, boss?
      VOICE A: I think it's at the same altitude as us.
      VOICE B: Aahh.

      16:55:35
      VOICE C: The FLIR angle is... (recto) pointing straight ahead.
      VOICE C: Exactly.
      VOICE A: It's above us
      VOICE C: That's right.
      VOICE B: Ah, that's why you couldn't see it.

      16:55:45
      VOICE D: I'm almost losing it on the Radar, it's almost off the
      screen.
      VOICE B: Aahh.
      VOICE A: .

      16:56:08
      VOICE C: It's exactly one mile from Carmen. From Carmen.
      VOICE B: How many miles?

      16:56:19
      VOICE C: One or two miles from Carmen.

      16:56:26
      VOICE D: I don't have it on the screen but the Radar is still
      marking the distance at 37 miles.

      16:56:28
      VOICE C: It's now over Carmen.

      16:56:59
      VOICE B: Well, then it's been lost.
      VOICE D: Here it comes.

      16:57:02
      VOICE C: It's passing by Carmen.
      VOICE D: It is still going.

      16:57:19
      VOICE D: What's it doing?
      VOICE C: It's turning.
      VOICE D: Is it turning right?
      VOICE C: Yes.

      16:59:36
      VOICE A: Just a light. It couldn't be distinguished
      VOICE B: It couldn't be determined if it was a plane or
      something else.

      VOICE C: It is the same one that we saw awhile ago.
      VOICE D: Yes.

      VOICE E: Paying attention, eh?

      PART 4:

      17:03:36 [Two objects appear]
      VOICE A: Let me check.

      17:03:39
      VOICE B: At 7 at the same altitude.
      VOICE C: There are some clouds, it must be seen over there.

      VOICE D: [almost stuttering] That's it but, let's see, look for
      that thing that is behind us.

      VOICE E: Look how it appears. It looks like it's in two parts.

      17:03:56
      VOICE C: It is at our 7 or 8 o'clock position.
      VOICE C: The strange thing is, that it has a point travelling in
      front position. A little point, in front of it.

      VOICE C: It's not there? There goes another one.

      17:04:08
      [More objects, in formation, appear in the FLIR. The
      operator detects them and is moving the FLIR camera
      backward to count them.]

      VOICE F: Lets' see, what do we have here?
      VOICE A: Nothing sir. Hold on, let me look.

      17:04:17
      VOICE C: Commander what's that?
      VOICE F: At what distance did you have them, Tellez?
      VOICE C: Ehh?
      VOICE A: Hey, beware, this is like...

      17:04:24
      VOICE C: [Almost shouting] There are more coming.
      There are more... they are behind. There are ten, eleven objects.
      VOICE A: There are many objects.
      VOICE F: Ehh?

      17:04:34
      VOICE C: They must be at 9 o'clock from our position now.
      VOICE F: At 9. Hold on.

      17:04:38
      VOICE A: At 9, same altitude almost, almost.
      VOICE F: Okay, hold on.
      VOICE C: Affirmative. They're going.

      17:04:42
      VOICE C: They're going.
      VOICE C: Go one..
      VOICE A: One
      VOICE C: They are going (referring to the 'Twins') with the
      others bringing up the rear... the ones that follow.

      17:05:29
      VOICE F: My God, what's that.
      VOICE B: They are (corretiendo) on the run. [nervous laughter]

      17:0532
      VOICE F: What's that? Let's see. Try to focus.
      VOICE C: It's at maximum.

      17:05:38
      VOICE F: Okay, don't let them leave you behind.
      VOICE F: Okay.
      VOICE C: Go.

      17:05:42
      VOICE F: Follow that one Tellez, don't leave it.

      17:05:46
      VOICE C: There they go, all of them, there are approximately
      ten, did you see them? Have you seen them?
      VOICE F: You follow them.

      17:06:25
      VOICE C: There they go.
      VOICE A: There they go.

      17:06:28
      VOICE A: Three, four, five. six... Are there six?

      17:06:33
      VOICE F: Below or above? Above? Where.
      VOICE C: In the middle, there they go, at the same altitude.

      17:06:35
      VOICE A: There they go look, one, two, three, four, five, six,
      seven... no, there are eight.

      17:06:43
      VOICE F: This is terrible...
      VOICE C. They are going to be seen better - there.
      VOICE C: And they're going at a speed that...

      17:06:52
      VOICE C: One, two, three, four, five, six, seven, I have eight
      on the screen.

      17:06:55
      VOICE F: Follow them, don't lose them!

      17:07:00
      VOICE A: Are they at the same altitude, Tellez?
      VOICE C: Affirmative. Above.

      17:07:07
      VOICE C: Eight, nine, ten, eleven, counting all the ones in the
      back.
      VOICE C: Two, four, six, eight, ten, eleven.

      17:07:16
      VOICE F: [Apparently talking to the base]
      Listen we don't know what are we seeing, they are
      luminous objects that are flying at the same altitude
      as us. We do not know what their distance is.

      17:07:25
      VOICE B: At what position do you have it, Tellez?
      VOICE C: At 8.
      VOICE F: At 8 or 9.

      17:07:30
      VOICE B: At 9. I don't think the Radar may read it, we have a
      blind angle there, Sir.
      VOICE F: At 8 or 9?
      VOICE B: Yes.

      17:07:37
      VOICE B. We have 20 degrees of blind angle there.
      VOICE F: But you were seeing them?

      17:07:42
      VOICE B: Yes, but it's strange, now I have nothing.

      17:14:59 [One huge object is seen on the FLIR screen.]
      VOICE A: [nervous giggle] Why are they following us? Maintain that.
      VOICE B: They are at 12 he said.

      17:15:05
      VOICE C: No. They are at 1.
      VOICE A: Well that's one, but we have another at 9.

      17:05:08
      VOICE D: We have one at 9.
      VOICE B: Ah I have one here, let me check the one at 9.

      17:15:12
      VOICE D: And ahead there are another two.
      VOICE A: And they're the same ones, eh?
      VOICE D: We have them ahead - in the middle -and at 8
      VOICE B: [Laughing] Ahh, fuck...

      17:15:22
      VOICE A: [Laughing] Fasten your seat belts!
      VOICE D: Let's see...
      VOICE B: [nervous laughter] Don't be frightened.

      17:15:26
      VOICE D: If you could check through the window, we have one
      going along at approximately 1. The rest are still going
      along at our 9.

      17:15:33
      VOICE A. Does that means we are surrounded?
      VOICE D: Well... I don't know.
      VOICE B: At what distance.
      VOICE D: The radar just indicates the point.

      17:15:40 [in a loud voice, as if making an announcement]
      VOICE A: Boys, today is your lucky day!! [crew chuckles]
      VOICE B: At what distance.
      VOICE A. And that one is getting near to the other one.
      VOICE D: Do you mark the distance?

      17:15:49
      VOICE B: Okay, the one that we have at 1 from our position, I have
      it at 19 miles, at 1 o'clock from our position, going
      at 52 knots.

      17:15:59
      VOICE D: The one that you have at 1, I have one at 9 and the one
      that goes ahead of the one at 9. Approximately at 9,
      but going along in front are two luminous points.
      VOICE B: At what position, Tellez?
      VOICE D: At 9 of our position.
      VOICE B: At 9? Hold on, let me check...

      17:16:33 [An object is seen on the screen near the airplane's
      left propeller.]

      17:16:35
      VOICE A: It's going along at our altitude - couldn't be.
      VOICE B: The one that you have, what's it's position?
      VOICE C: Which one? The one below the cloud? That one?
      VOICE A: Yes.
      VOICE C: Okay.
      VOICE A: Roger.
      VOICE B: That one you have there, what's it's position?

      17:16:44
      VOICE A: I have it at 9.

      17:16:48 [Jovenes...]
      VOICE D: Boys...
      VOICE B: We are not alone. [nervous giggle]

      17:16:52
      VOICE D: Yes, we are not alone, right. It's true. How strange
      this is, they are surrounding us.

      17:16:55
      VOICE A: Hey the one that you have at 1?
      VOICE B: At 1 I have it at 14.8 miles at 1 heading 99 with a group speed
      of 52.
      VOICE A: Ah, that's the... he is following one and I'm following
      the other one.
      VOICE D: Okay
      VOICE A: I mean the other one(s).

      17:17:31
      VOICE D: What is this?
      VOICE E: Couldn't be a fucking plane - it's stopped there!
      VOICE D: Ehh?
      VOICE A: Do you have it in sight?
      VOICE B: It looks so? lets get near.

      17:17:39 [Esta parado]
      VOICE E: It's stopped there!
      VOICE B: It's stopped?
      VOICE D: No but the one that we have at 9...
      VOICE E: It's in the clouds.

      17:17:49
      VOICE D: The one that we have at 9 is following us, is in
      formation with us, is in formation... at 9.
      VOICE A: The one that you have at 1 where do you have it,
      Generation?
      VOICE B: Hold on "Gene" I have it at... at 1.

      17:18:15 [Hay uno que nos esta asercando]
      VOICE A: There is one that is getting near to us.
      VOICE B: At 1 of our position at 10 miles distance and speed of
      52.

      17:26:30 [The FLIR is focusing an object that presents a pulsating
      shape and a luminous form.]

      [The pilot is apparently reporting this object to the
      base.]

      17:26:34
      VOICE A: The Radar has them. The FLIR has them. We are seeing on
      the FLIR a luminous object, it has an opposite course
      to us but it doesn't leave us, it's two miles behind us.

      VOICE A: It does not move apart from us, no, it doesn't move
      apart from us.

      17:26:53
      VOICE A: Correct, who knows what it is.
      VOICE A: Is it still with us, Marin?
      VOICE B: Yes I still have it here.

      17:27:11
      VOICE A: Now it lost a bit of quality, I have a quality of 5.
      VOICE B: Again look it looks...

      VOICE A: The one that we had at 1 is lost now.
      VOICE B: Okay.
      VOICE A: It just left the Radar.

      17:27:58 VOICE B: How weird is all this.

      ---------- END -------------------------------------------------

      \_______________________________________________/

      UFO UpDates - Toronto - ufoupdates@...
      A UFO & Related Phenomena E-Mail List operated by
      Errol Bruce-Knapp

      UFO UpDates Archives are available at
      The Virtually Strange Network:

      http://www.virtuallystrange.net/ufo/updates/

      To unsubscribe send a message to this address with
      'Unsubscribe' in the Subject: line

      Sign the International Petition for UFO Information Disclosure

      http://www.virtuallystrange.net/petition

      Listen to 'Strange Days... Indeed'
      Saturday night at 21:00 Eastern on
      NewsTalk 1010 CFRB - Toronto http://www.cfrb.com
      Montreal's NewsTalk Leader CJAD 800 http://www.cjad.com

      http://www.virtuallystrange.net/ufo/sdi/program/

      MUFON Ontario
      http://www.virtuallystrange.net/ufo/mufonontario/mufonindex.html
    • Cap. P.A. Alejandro Franz
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 1, 2004
        > This is a revised (final) version of the Translation. It
        > includes much tighter time coding for any one who may wish to
        > follow along with the audio portion of the recording. I also
        > made a few corrections. (ie; I changed all of the 'Smile'
        > comments throughout the document.)
        >
        > Respectfully submitted for your edification.

        Hello Frits Westra,

        Please visit my investigation page:

        http://www.alcione.org/FRAUDES/FAM/CAMPECHE/

        Regards,

        Capt. ALejandro Franz
        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 5, 2004
          Dear Capt. Franz,

          Thank you for joining UFOnet.

          I have been following your thorough research on this case from the
          beginning. I'm most impressed by your findings.

          Thank you for your good work.

          Best Regards,

          Frits Westra
          UFO Working Group Netherlands