Montreal, Quebec Reports, 1973 to 1986

  • hbccufo
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 1, 2004
      Montreal, Quebec Reports, 1973 to 1986

      First case:

      Montreal, 1973. I was with my mother. It was nightime and the sky was perfectly clear. We were walking on Viau Street, near the Jean-Talon intersection. Viau Street is north/north-west bound.

      Looking up, we saw a disk from which emanated an intense bright orange light, comparable to the tip of a lighted cigarette when someone puffs on it. The size was about the same as the moon et the edges were clearly defined. It was flying much faster than the commercial aircrafts that usually fly over this sector. Its trajectory was pretty much along the Viau Street. It blinked 3 times then it disappeared, perfectly silent.

      At the time I thought it was the Kohoutek (sp?) comet but I was only 11 at the time. Back then the media talked a lot about this comet passing near Earth. Of course I know now that comets aren't bright orange, they don't blink and they don't fly through the entire sky in 3 seconds. And comets have a long tail.

      Second case:

      1985 or 1986, in the Laurentides Mountains, north of Montreal. It was night time and I was taking a walk with 3 or 4 friends. We were spending the week-end at a friend's cottage. As I turned to the right I saw a bright orange disk between the trees, again as bright as a lighted cigarette. The edges were not well defined and it was not emanating light like a star, not points of light. Maybe like a crumpled paper ball, round but not smooth.

      It followed the horizon line slowly enough and there was a long and thick trail behind, also bright orange. I lost it behind the trees after about 3 seconds. Unfortunately my friends didn't see it. The most bizarre thing is that we just had a conversation about UFO's. Strange coincidence.

      Thank you.

      Thank you to the witness for the reports.

      Brian Vike, Director
      HBCC UFO Research
      Home - Phone 250 845 2189
      email: hbccufo@...