Mission, British Columbia

  • hbccufo
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 2, 2004
      Mission, British Columbia

      Date: February 29, 2004
      Time: 9:30 p.m.

      Location of Sighting: Northwestern sky.
      Number of witnesses: 2
      Number of objects: 1
      Shape of objects: Round

      Full Description of event/sighting: a very large, bright white object in the northwestern sky, stayed in one place for about ten minutes, then appeared to fade in brightness slowly, then it gradually moved north over the period of about 15 minutes. it then slowly disappeared from view, it was far to bright to be a star, and did not move in the fashion of any satellite that I have ever seen. I'm sure that other people must have seen it, as it was to bright and long to miss

      Additional Information Below:

      I will answer your questions in order.

      (1) The movement appeared to stay in one place for about ten minutes, then very slowly moved north until moving out leaving my view. It was a very clear night except for a low cloud line, about the altitude of the object.

      (2) the altitude , if it was in the atmosphere, was about the same as the Grouse mountain range if being viewed from Vancouver.

      (3) The color was bright white, just like a very bright star, although it was about twice to three times the size of Venus to the naked . Very big and very bright. The brightness faded slightly as if it were moving away when it appeared to be stationary.

      (4) I did see one plane fly right in line with the object, although the plane appeared to be very far away, probably a commercial line,( the blinking red light) was faint.

      (5) No trail of any kind

      (6) the second witness only viewed the object for about 5 min. but I can assure you that her interpretation would be similar as we discussed the object.

      I am very interested an fairly well informed on these matters as I have been the witness to several sightings and in occurrences throughout my life, please let me know if you find anything out. I'm sure that YVR must have noticed this object.

      Brian Vike, Director
      HBCC UFO Research

      Home - Phone 250 845 2189
      email: hbccufo@...