The ARC News and Updates 2004 ~ Issue 2

  • The ARC ~ Alternate Realities Center
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 2, 2004
      The ARC News and Updates 2004 ~ Issue 2
      The ARC ~ Alternate Realities Center
      Www.AlternateRealities.orG

      Greetings Everyone! Light and Truth to you and yours!!!
      We have great things to share in this edition of News and Updates...

      Site Updates

      Coming Soon: We will soon have details and photographs from recent, local investigations on the site to share with the world, including the first photographs of UFOs over the Tri-Cities, Tennessee/Virginia known to exist. For those not familiar with the area, the Tri-Cities make up the metropolitan areas of Johnson City, Kingsport, and Bristol, Tennessee/Virginia. Please check the site often for the latest updates and be sure to hit the "refresh" button on your browser to make sure that you are getting the latest version of stored pages. Here's the latest details about The ARC...

      Latest News and Updates: Things are really developing for The ARC and we want to share the further defining of who we are with everyone... Please share this with as many as you can to help us better spread the word... Also, for all of you who attended our conference in 2002 and 2003 there is now a wonderful photogallery of past conferences available on our site for you to browse, located online at Www.AlternateRealities.orG

      The following information comes directly from our website that has been in continuous re-development and growth during the past several weeks...

      Organization Information and Details

      Now a proud member of the Unicoi County Chamber of Commerce, "The Alternate Realities Center" is based in Southern Appalachia near Johnson City, which is located in upper East Tennessee. "The ARC" operates out of a small town called Unicoi and hosts monthly meetings as well as an annual conference. Also known as "The ARC", the organization performs serious study, research, and investigation of the Paranormal and the Metaphysical. Our goal is to sponsor leading-edge research into the potentials and powers of human consciousness and explore phenomena that do not necessarily fit conventional scientific models, while maintaining a strong and rigorous commitment to scientific methodology and procedures with efforts to focus on the Human equation...

      "The ARC" is not a cult, single-cause institute, or political action group. However, the organization does consider the study of phenomena with unexplained origins which manifest themselves in the reality of this physical world to be of utmost importance to our further mental and spiritual development as a species in the cosmic scheme of life. Reality is not always quantifiable. Just because something can not be measured, cataloged, or photographed does not mean that it does not exist...

      Although not exactly proven, yet theorized by known science, we assume that our Universe is multidimensional by its very nature; from this we extrapolate that there could be many different 'realities'. Furthermore, the organization embraces and celebrates the individual differences of Human beings, recognizing that one individual's perception of the Universe may not be that of another's. "The ARC" sponsors public awareness events as a means by which we may acknowledge the complexity of the known Universe...

      Our primary purpose is the attempt to present data and scientific evidence that will alter the 'paradigms' of our modern society. Those who are not familiar with this term will be happy to know that a 'paradigm', in its most basic sense, is a 'mental map'. It is the way we perceive, understand, and interpret the world around us - the accepted 'truth'...

      Often, the accepted way of doing things, or the way we think about our world invokes frustration as it becomes no longer convenient, or appropriate to suit our immediate need. The desire for change often leads us to open our eyes, as well as our minds, and search beyond the accepted truth. When the act of looking 'outside the box' inspires a 'change of mind', we refer to this as a 'paradigm shift'...

      The organization most certainly encourages individual exploration of both the 'outer' as well as the 'inner' world. Our focus is to promote and maintain global awareness and open mindedness, broadening our scope of acceptance as a species to what is possible in the Universe. In support of our purpose and goals "The ARC" can best be described by the organization's decade old motto... "People helping people to find the Truth"...

      Local Meeting Information

      The ARC meets on the second Saturday of every month to explore various areas of public interest and study. Subjects of discussion usually fall "outside the box" and may include, but are not limited to: ghosts and haunted places, orbs and spook lights, UFOs, also known as unidentified flying objects as well as the occupants of these mysterious craft. In addition, we also examine the ageless mysteries of the pyramids and other ancient sites, sacred geometry, healing energies, and metaphysical teachings, values, and beliefs including psychic intuition, dream interpretation, and remote viewing. Areas of Scientific concern include, but are not limited to: Astronomy, Physics and Metaphysics, Exobiology, Cosmology, Climatology, Cryptozoology, Ecology, Radiology, Metallurgy, Psychology, and Parapsychology ~ just to name a few...

      Monthly meetings begin at 6 PM and are held locally in the East Tennessee, Southwest Virginia, and Western North Carolina areas. The ARC Staff and Supporting Members, certified as paranormal investigators by virtue of the organization's field training program, help to organize the study, research, and investigation of unexplained phenomena. If you live in the local area, join us each month to gain support for personal extraordinary experiences, as well as hear and learn of startling encounters...

      Staff Interests and Background

      The ARC is sponsored by Stacey Allen McGee ~ Founder and Director. His work in the paranormal began in this region of the country in February of 1994 with the founding of The ARC's progenitor which was called the "United States UFO Information and Research Center". The name of the organization was changed to "The ARC ~ Alternate Realities Center" in July 2003 following a life-changing experience involving a vision which appeared while in an altered state of consciousness in November of 2001...

      Experiences with the unexplained began with Stacey at an early age. He intends to write and publish a new book some time within the next couple of years which will detail his life experiences and offer a dramatic look back at some of the most fantastic experiences from his recent and distant past. The book will also elaborate on some of the most fascinating case studies collected by the organization from its origins to the present, as well as what the past ten years of the group's exploration and investigation have revealed. In addition, Stacey will be one of this year's esteemed speakers at our next annual gathering entitled "The ARC ~ Alternate Realities Conference 2004"...

      As an Amateur Astronomer, Stacey frequently hosts public star parties and other events to educate people to the scientific possibilities of life elsewhere and to the size of the Universe in which we live. He also hopes, through his efforts, to broaden the minds of the global community on the tremendous scope and multidimensional nature of the Cosmos. Growing up in the Church, his favorite quote is, "The more complex the Universe around us, the greater the glory of its Creator"...

      The ARC Staff includes Michael Combs ~ Executive Vice President, Susan James ~ Vice President of Operations, and Watson Budinger ~ Executive Assistant. These three dedicated and invaluable individuals work together to support and organize local grassroots research and coordinate follow-up investigations on haunted places as well as reported contact encounters with extraterrestrial and otherworldly beings... Please visit our website at Www.AlternateRealities.orG for information on membership with The ARC...

      It's Our 10th Anniversary Event... and The Truth Is "Still" Out There...
      The ARC 2004 ~ Alternate Realities Conference

      Our 10th Year Anniversary Event will be held at the Centre at Millennium Park, a beautiful conference center located adjacent to the prestigious and luxurious, 1930's style Carnegie Hotel. Our conference facility is just across the street from East Tennessee State University. The ETSU campus is reportedly home to several resident ghosts and is located near the historic district of downtown Johnson City, Tennessee...

      The conference will begin promptly on Friday morning, September 24th with registration at 9 AM and will continue until the evening of Saturday, September 25th. There will be vendors, live music, and beautiful art displays to enjoy before, during, and after the conference. There will also be a concert by local and out-of-town bands on Friday evening, free to all conference goers. In addition, we will be offering a guided, group tour of Haunted Jonesborough - Tennessee's oldest town on Saturday evening. Additional information and details are included in this press release...

      This year's not-for-profit, two-day gathering will feature an honored cast of presenters, and as always, is being held in the interest of Humanity's continued enlightenment. The ARC 2004 includes the following talks and lectures sure to inspire and enlighten you...

      Our Two-Day Speaker Line-Up:

      Kriss Stephens, from Louisiana and The ARC 2004 Key Note Speaker: The former host of the 'Mtv' popular television series called "FEAR", Speaking on her intriguing "Investigations of Ghosts and Haunted Places", as well as her brand new book with autographed book signings. The title of her book is to be announced in May of 2004, but will deal with her many ghostly adventures...
      Leah Haley, from Middle Tennessee: Returning from our first conference event in 1994, Leah will speak on the content of her new book "Unlocking Alien Closets" with autographed book signings and a true homecoming for us all! Leah's book is reportedly in the top ten percent of sales on Amazon.com...
      Jim Hickman, from Oklahoma: To discuss his perspectives on "The Alien Abduction of Human Beings" and "A History of UFO's In The Media"...
      Donald M. Ware, LTC (USAF Retired): Donald will offer two talks entitled "UFOs and the Spiritual Hierarchy" and "Planet X: A Philosophical Perspective"...
      Jason Martell, from California: Speaking on important information from his recent books regarding "Ancient Astronauts and the Sumerian Culture" as well as "Planet X: A Scientific Perspective"...
      Chester Moore, Bigfoot Researcher: Speaking on speaking on the subject of Bigfoot, the title of his lecture "To Be Announced"...
      Stacey Allen McGee, Founder and Director of The ARC and a native of upper East Tennessee: Presenting a preview of his forthcoming book to be called "Time, Space, and Thought... Journeys In Metaphysics"...

      The Conference Facility: The Centre at Millennium Park is a brand new, state-of-the-art conference and convention facility featuring the latest comforts and convenience for both conference goers and honored guests. The conference center is located behind and adjacent to the Carnegie Hotel at 2001 Millennium Place in Johnson City, Tennessee. A fully enclosed and air-conditioned walk-way connects the two buildings and provides protection from the elements. The auditorium is very impressive with the latest technology at each individual's fingertips. The auditorium features extreme comfort with tiered, theater style seating and eight hour, ergonomic chairs. In addition, there are outlets for connecting a laptop computer at each seat and the facility is fully accessible for those with special needs...

      Live Music for The ARC 2004: Still to be confirmed, unique to this year's event, and hopefully to become an annual tradition we have invited the ambient electronic musical talents of "The Amaranth Signal" to 'set the tone' for this special anniversary event. This musical group's name comes from the mythical flower "Amaranth", which is said to bloom forever. Amaranth was also a staple in the diet of pre-Columbian Aztecs, who believed it had supernatural powers and incorporated it into their religious ceremonies...

      Besides having chosen the pre-Columbian name for the project, the three East Tennessee musicians represent the very cutting edge of today's music. They are well connected with musicians in different parts of the world, but at the same time have never lost the connection to their immediate environment, to the valleys and hills, and to the simple but profound music of Appalachia"...

      Space Art Display and Exhibition: Another first for this year's annual event will be an exhibition of "Limited Edition Space Art Prints", graciously provided to us from the private collection of Mike Chesman ~ Director of Bays Mountain Park's Planetarium located in Kingsport, Tennessee. Conference goers will be able to browse beautifully unique and inspirational "space-art" prints which will also be available for purchase. The artists represented in the exhibit will be Armand Cabrera, Michael Carroll, Dennis Davidson, Don Davis, Dan Durda, Bob Eggleton, Dr. William K. Hartmann, Kim Poor, and Joe Tucciarone...

      Our Supporting Local Vendors: We are privileged to have with us some exciting first time additions in the way of vendors for this year's special anniversary event. Vendors for this year's conference will include "Atlantis", "The Jade Tree", and a wonderful T-Shirt outlet called "Mojo International". All are from Johnson City and will be present to offer unique clothing as well as hard to find items for mental and spiritual growth and healing...

      Live Concert On Friday Evening: Returning from The ARC 2003, back by popular demand and exhibiting a fresh new look and sound, is the band "Frantic Radio Beings". The band, who has become extremely popular in the Nashville, Tennessee area, will play live at "The Casbah" on Friday evening, September 24th, beginning at 8 PM. In addition, "FRB" will be accompanied by another locally well-known band originating in the Tri-Cities whose name will be announced on our website soon...

      The Casbah is located just a short distance from the Centre at Millennium Park conference center at 807 West Walnut Street in Johnson City, Tennessee. The phone number is (423) 928-0808. Although transportation is not provided, directions and options for getting to the concert will be presented at the conference on Friday morning. Pizza and a variety of beverages will be available to purchase on location at the site. All registered conference ticket holders will receive free admission to the concert. More information about FRB can be found on our website at Www.AlternateRealities.orG

      The Legends, Whispers, and Mysteries Tour: Join us for a "ghost walk" through the streets of Jonesborough, Tennessee - the state's oldest town! You and your guide will embark on a journey into history on Saturday evening, September 25th, to share the legends, stories and unusual happenings of Jonesborough's past and present on this 'ghostly' tour. Some have called this a ghost walk... others a sharing of mysteries tour. You'll just have to decide for yourself. It is exciting and titillating, but most importantly, it is just good old-fashioned fun...

      The stories will be a little different on each tour because the oldest town in Tennessee has far too many stories to share on just one dark evening. "Legends, Whispers and Mysteries" is a tasteful blend of stories and legends handed down from family to family and hearth to hearth. Make your reservations early and experience this spine tingling evening. The tour will depart from the Jonesborough Visitors Center located at 117 Boone Street in Jonesborough, Tennessee. Their number is (423) 753-1010. Following tour check-in beginning at 7:00 PM, we will embark on our tour promptly at 7:30 PM...

      Historic Jonesborough is just a few miles drive from the conference facility and all area hotels listed on the accommodations page of our site. Once again, transportation is not provided to this part of the event, but everyone is welcome to carpool and caravan down together from the conference center. Tickets for this group activity are only $12 per person and are not included in general conference admission. Should you have any questions about this part of our program, you may contact the tour owner and operator, Linda Polland, at Positive Solutions Tours by calling (423) 753-9882...

      PLEASE NOTE: If you intend to participate in the tour you must notify us in advance and in writing of your intentions either via email, or included with your conference registration, so that we will know how many we need to be prepared for... please email us with your interest in this part of our program at Director@......

      Travel and Accommodation Arrangements: We know how hard travel can be when you're planning a trip to a destination with limited knowledge of the restaurants, hotels, and transportation options available. That's why we have prepared a detailed listing and description of travel and tourism information for the Johnson City, Tennessee area. Visit our website at Www.AlternateRealities.orG to get up-to-date information on accommodations, campgrounds, airports, and a map to the conference center, as well as other tidbits for use in planning your trip...

      Advance Registration and Discounts: Seating is limited and advance registration is strongly recommended for this year's event. There is a FIFTY PERCENT ~ 50% ~ DISCOUNT on all registrations received before May 1, 2004. Additional discounts apply for students with their school identification card. For full details on registration, please visit our website at Www.AlternateRealities.orG

      Printable Flyers and Registration Form: If you would like to help spread the word about The ARC 2004 in your local community you may obtain printable forms and flyers from our website at Www.AlternateRealities.orG to copy and post in appropriate locations around town. Your support of this important cause would also be most gratefully appreciated and will help ensure that we may continue these events making the next ten years even more inspirational and educational than those of the past...

      Ticket Outlets and Area Vendors: If you would prefer to purchase your tickets from local vendors, tickets for admission to The ARC 2004 are now on sale at all of the following locations...

      Atlantis, Downtown Johnson City, 242 E Main St, Johnson City, TN 37604, Phone: (423) 926-8884
      The Jade Tree, The Roan Centre, 1805 N Roan St, Johnson City, TN 37601, Phone: (423) 926-4800
      Mojo International, The Mall at Johnson City, 2011 N Roan St, Johnson City, TN 37601, Phone: (423) 283-9455
      Museum Warehouse, Downtown Jonesborough, 111 E Main St, Jonesborough, TN 37659, Phone: (423) 753-8177
      Positive Solutions Tours, Downtown Jonesborough, 119-B E Main St, Jonesborough, TN 37659, Phone: (423) 753-9882

      Past Conference Feedback and Photos: We are proud of our achievements reaching back through the years to our first conference in 1994, but don't take our word for it. Visit our website at Www.AlternateRealities.orG to read some of the most recent feedback with regard to The ARC 2003. While you're there, browse through photos taken at some of our conference events from years past...

      In Loving Memory... During the course of this year's event we will offer a tribute to Constance Clear who spoke at our last conference in June of 2003. Constance died in a motorcycle accident late last year. Although she will be sorely missed by all who knew and loved her, she will abide forever in our thoughts and memories so long as we do not forget her gentleness, kindness, and depth of spirit. Constance was fiercely devoted to helping others find truth, knowledge, support, and greater understanding in the many areas of her personal experience and interest where such gifts are seldom, if ever, offered...

      If you have any questions regarding registration, or The ARC 2004, please feel free to contact us with your comments and suggestions at Director@... and Conference Information Hotline is: (423) 943-6477

      Stacey Allen McGee
      Founder and Director
      The ARC ~ Alternate Realities Center
      Www.AlternateRealities.orG

      Email: Director@...
      Mailing Address: PO Box 153, Unicoi, TN 37692 USA
      Extraordinary Experiences & Sightings Hotline: 423-735-0848
      Office Telephone and Meeting Information: 423-943-6477

      "What concerns me is not the way things are, but rather the way people think things are." -- Epictetus 55-135

      "The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the
      source of all true art and science." -- Albert Einstein