Mysterious Lights Puzzle Residents

  • hbccufo
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 6, 2004
      Mysterious Lights Puzzle Residents

      by Paul Strickland

      Prince George Citizen Newspaper
      Friday, February 6, 2004

      A resident near First and Tabor is wondering if anyone else in the city saw two large objects in the sky Saturday.

      Andrea Lanoue and four of her friends were looking north in the direction of Foothills Boulevard around 10:00 p.m. when they observed the bright objects about a kilometer high. One was over the other. "They just hovered there," she said. "They didn't move for the longest time."

      The bright objects didn't move for five to 10 minutes, and Lanoue called more friends to look. "Then they started moving slightly apart, one slower that the other -- really slow. The top one moved out a bit a disappeared into the clouds. The other moved out a lot more slowly and soon faded off."

      Lanoue said the objects were at least as bright as the landing lights for a large aircraft, but she did not hear any airplane, jet or helicopter. A meteor would flash by in just a few seconds, she said. A satellite would not present such a large image and by 10:00 p.m., satellites are completely behind the earth's shadow and do not reflect any more. A local astronomer, who said he had not seen the phenomena, said Venus, which is fairly bright right now, would have set by 9:00 p.m. on Saturday.

      Thank you to the Prince George Citizen Newspaper.

      Also the newspaper called me today and done an in-depth interview for an upcoming story in the paper. So hopefully this might bring others who are seeing lights/objects around the Prince George area out to talk about what they saw. Also I was happy today as I picked up another weekly radio show.

      Take care

      Brian Vike, Director
      HBCC UFO Research
      Canadian Toll Free UFO Hotline 1 866 262 1989 - Free call.
      Home - Phone/Fax 1 250 845 2189
      email: hbccufo@...
      Website: http://www.hbccufo.com