Mars image show a Blue Skys?

  • praufo@aol.com
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 11, 2004
      List,

      There is something wrong with the images from
      NASA. Without going into deep conspiracy theories
      again, its baffling how a high resolution camera
      produceds only a limited colour palette?

      For example the unique colours for these main images:

      [1]. PIA04995 = 28623 colours (16,000,000)

      Image is very large so one would expect more at least 200,000.
      3498x3851 pixels, 100 pix/inch, pixel depth 24 and the colour
      palette 16 million.

      http://marsrovers.nasa.gov/gallery/press/spirit/20040106a/PIA04995.jpg

      [2]. PIA05155 = 84822 colours (16,000,000)

      Image is very large so one would expect more at least 200,000.
      3069x2431 pixels, 96 pix/inch, pixel depth 24 and the colour
      palette 16 million.

      I realise that the light is filtered by the dust in the
      atmosphere but the colour palette should be richer!

      And then you have this?

      [3]. NASA show Mars with a "Blue Sky"?

      At the news conference at Jet Propulsion Laboratory in Pasadena, Calif.,
      Saturday, Jan. 10, 2004, the NASA team put this image up.

      http://apnews.myway.com/image/20040110/MARS_ROVER.sff_RS103_20040110150347.htm

      Now I don't know if this was a reproduction from the Net
      that NASA has used to illustrate a point. I can not see any
      explanation for the image being up, but AAP and others news
      services report this images as a "New'!

      "A recent panoramic image of the martian surface made
      by Spirit's cameras is projected at rear.
      (AP Photo/Reed Saxon)"

      So what's going on now at NASA?

      John W. Auchettl

      Phenomena Research Australia [PRA]
      P.O. Box 523, Mulgrave, Victoria, Australia, 3170
      Australian & Asia UFO
      1961-2004 - 43 YEARS OF RESEARCH SERVICE

    • uforaport@wp.pl
      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 11, 2004
        I read somwhere that they have problem with camera becouce no one know that
        radiation probably infrared will be this high that it will heave reaction
        with camera .

        I read today that rover have one extra day beofore he will drive and we will
        have more colour pistures .

        I know that is some dust in air in this moment on mars so it could changed
        colour of the sky .

        remember that mars have not oxygen in air so sky is not blue .
      • Michael Smith
        Message 3 of 5 , Jan 12, 2004
          Interesting John, have you seen the Alternative 3 Video????
          Mike Smith - also down under :)

          Message 4 of 5 , Jan 13, 2004
            Hi Mike,

            The "Alternative 3 Video", no I don't have anything on this video.

            Are they a NEXUS product or do you have a synopsis or a link to their
            location?

            Best Regards,

            John
            ========================
            >From: "Michael Smith" <smitty265@o...>
            >Date: Tue Jan 13, 2004 2:02 am
            >Subject: Re: [UFOnet] Mars image show a Blue Skys?

            >Interesting John, have you seen the Alternative 3 Video????
            >Mike Smith - also down under :)

          • Michael Smith
            Message 5 of 5 , Jan 16, 2004
              Go look at this: http://www.thule.org/alt3.html
              That will answer lots of questions....

              Mike Smith - Melbourne, Down Under!
              The "Alternative 3 Video", no I don't have anything on this video.

              Are they a NEXUS product or do you have a synopsis or a link to their
              location?

              Best Regards,

              John
              >From: "Michael Smith" <smitty265@o...>
              >Date: Tue Jan 13, 2004 2:02 am
              >Subject: Re: [UFOnet] Mars image show a Blue Skys?

              >Interesting John, have you seen the Alternative 3 Video????
              >Mike Smith - also down under :)

              ufonet-subscribe@yahoogroups.com

              further investigation.

              Yahoo! Groups Sponsor