What do I do with these pictures ?

  • bc
    Message 1 of 9 , Oct 26, 2003
      Hello sky watchers,
      You don't know me as I have never posted here before.
      And I must confess that he only reason I'm here is that I had
      not the foggiest idea where else to ask !
      I'm an amateur astronomer ( VERY amateur) and have several
      telescopes ranging from an Orion 120mm refractor to a 30cm
      Meade LX200GPS and an assortment of binoculars and imaging
      devices.
      I've seen things occasionaly that puzzle me but nothing that I had any
      reason to believe was ...........not explainable?

      Sadly due to poor health this summer, My telescopes remained inside,
      and the only observing that I did, was the occasional look with the bino's

      I have a Minolta Dimage 7i with 5,200,000 picture elements and I've been
      taking pictures all summer and have completly fallen in love with it.
      I plan to use it with my large sct as soon as I can, but in the meantime
      it occurred to me that I had not yet pointed this camera toward the night
      sky yet. Not even a test.

      So one evening I lay the camera on it's back ( In the auto exposure mode )
      It was dark with a small to medium amount of light pollution but stars were
      visible to
      my naked eyes and I pressed the shutter release. My guess is that the
      shutter stayed open
      for around three seconds. Well, I thought..." I think it's working."
      I repeated this many times. I twisted the focal length up a tad on some of
      them,
      Then figuring that was enuff for a test, I went inside, uploaded them to the
      puter, and
      didn't even get around to looking for them for quite sometime.

      I must say, that when I took the pics, I never actualy looked up at the sky.
      I was just watching the greenish lookin glow in the camera lcd panel..
      Going thro the pictures I found four in a row that made me pay attention.

      Question ?
      What do I do with these pictures ?
      They run up to about 1.44 mgs ( .jpg ) and they blow up fairly well, but not
      if
      I put them in a yahoo photo folder. ( And they NEED to be blown up )
      These are interesting images. I sent them to a college astronomy teacher and
      he's seen nothing like them. I don't believe in little green men but I DO
      believe
      that there's a lot of strangeness up there in the atmosphere at times.

      Does anyone want to have a look at them ?
      I have a slow modem and it takes me about 20-30 minutes to send each one.
      I don't have a web page yet so I can't put them there.
      If one or two of you would like me to send them to an address where you can
      view them let me know. I would love to hear opinions on what I accidently
      photographed.
      -bc..... in NH...USA
    • visions
      Message 2 of 9 , Oct 27, 2003
        Hi BC
        If you look on Google under orbs you'll find that digi cameras are susceptible to picking up insects and dust but that's usually on flash mode.
        Perhaps you could tell us exactly what you did capture on the pictures - blurs, light streaks or what?
        Regards
        Dave Haith UK
[...]

        ufonet-subscribe@yahoogroups.com

        further investigation.

      • bc
        Message 3 of 9 , Oct 27, 2003
          Hi BC
          If you look on Google under orbs you'll find that digi cameras are
          susceptible to picking up insects and dust but that's usually on flash mode.
          Perhaps you could tell us exactly what you did capture on the pictures -
          blurs, light streaks or what?
          Regards
          Dave Haith UK
          ==
          It looks like a light and it divides and becomes 3 or 4 lights.
          It stayed almost directly overhead , but performed some rather strange
          motions.
          -bc

          ...... Going thro the pictures I found four in a row that made me pay
          attention.

          > Question ?
          > What do I do with these pictures ?
          > They run up to about 1.44 mgs ( .jpg ) and they blow up fairly well, but
          not
          > if I put them in a yahoo photo folder. ( And they NEED to be blown up )
          > These are interesting images. I sent them to a college astronomy teacher
          and
          > he's seen nothing like them. I don't believe in little green men but I
          DO
          > believe that there's a lot of strangeness up there in the atmosphere at
          times.

          > Does anyone want to have a look at them ?
          > I have a slow modem and it takes me about 20-30 minutes to send each
          one.
          > I don't have a web page yet so I can't put them there.
          > If one or two of you would like me to send them to an address where you
          can
          > view them let me know. I would love to hear opinions on what I
          accidently
          > photographed.
          > -bc..... in NH...USA
        • Bruce Carleton
          Message 4 of 9 , Oct 30, 2003
            I have blown up and posted to the "Henniker" NH Folder
            the four photos combined as one. The originals are available if
            anyone is interested.
            -bc

          • visions
            Message 5 of 9 , Oct 30, 2003
              Could you please explain the Henniker NH Folder?
              Do you have a link please?
              Dave

              Message 6 of 9 , Oct 30, 2003
                Hi Dave,
                The taking of the pics is explained below.
                I was advised to blow them up, combine them, and post them.
                ......So I did.
                Just got back in from taking more pics.....
                ......Beautiful red aurora out here tonight !
                -bc
                =========
                =====
                "bc" <b_carleton@c...> wrote:
                > > Hello sky watchers, You don't know me as I have never posted here
                before. And I must confess that the only reason I'm here is that I had not
[...]

                them to the puter, and didn't even get around to looking at them for quite
[...]
                accidently photographed.
                -bc..... in NH...USA
              • visions
                Message 7 of 9 , Nov 3, 2003
                  Hi BC
                  Thanks, but that's not what I asked.
                  I know what you did because I forwarded you a letter suggesting just that.
                  I presume you've posted them on Yahoo but how do I get in there to VIEW them.
                  Is there a link for the Henniker, NH folder?

                  Message 8 of 9 , Nov 3, 2003
                    Sorry about that...I'm in the process of moving and things are kind of
                    hectic here.
                    I set the folder for public viewing......The link works for me.
                    ( Does it work for anyone else ? )
                    You get nothing when you click on "Henniker" ????

                    I've got to do a bunch of stuff that I don't want to do this morning, but
                    when I get back here from doing it, I will go have a look and see if I did
                    it properly..
                    -bc
                    ========

                    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

                    > ufonet-subscribe@yahoogroups.com

                    require
                    > further investigation.

                  • visions
                    Message 9 of 9 , Nov 3, 2003
                      Real communication problem here!
                      I can't make it any clearer - I need a link to the Yahoo files.
                      Please tell me how I get there....
                      You say the link works for you - what link?
                      Click on Henniker WHERE?
                      Please post the link.
                      Thanks
                      Dave