Sighting Reports From HBCC UFO

  • hbccufo
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 1, 2003
      Terrace, British Columbia

      Date: September 30, 2003
      Time: 8:52 p.m.
      email report.

      A very low flying disk with a very high speed roughly estimated 40-60 meters high. The round object was of a dim white light and disappeared, I was facing west, +- 30 degrees to the north from my position. It was visible for a count of 4 seconds only.

      Thank you to the witness for the report. ( Also under investigation since a saucer shaped craft was just reported).

      Brian Vike, Director
      HBCC UFO Research.

      ------------

      Burnaby, British Columbia

      Date: September 28, 2003
      Time: approx: 8:00 p.m.
      email report.

      Hi,

      I wish to know if you had any reports of a sighting which I believe it to be 3 nights ago (Sunday. p.m.) at approx: 8 p.m. I saw a light too low for satellite and the object was heading west to east. No noise, and it was a very calm night. The object moved erratically, fast then slow and wobbly. It only had one bright light. Helicopters would have made some noise and aircraft would/should have nav lights. The motion didn't seem to jive as an aircraft. This was in the South Bby area.
      Any one else see this??
      Thanks,

      A little more information:

      Hello Brian,

      The light was just like a satellite traveling through the sky and could not make out any object, too low for a satellite. Looking at the size of mars that night almost looked closer! We viewed it for a minute...60 sec literally. I thought the object just disappeared but cannot confirm. Perhaps it was the light that disappeared, which is all I saw. I called transport Canada and they had not received anything. I know it was not a plane or chopper. The light was relatively clear and wind was very calm that night.

      Thanks for the other feedback.
      Regards,

      Thank you to the witness for the report.

      Brian Vike, Director
      HBCC UFO Research.

      -----------
      Airdrie, Alberta

      Date: September 26, 2003
      Time: 8:33 p.m.
      email report.

      Hi,
      I noticed an article in the Airdrie Echo the other day, and wondered if you had an explanation for something my daughter and I saw on Friday night (Sept 26) at 8:33 pm.

      We were looking to the west of the big dipper, and saw what looked like an exceptionally bright star (brighter than anything I have seen before) . We were trying to figure out if it was a planet or something, and it just dimmed out to nothing in a matter of about 10 seconds or less. It didn't move at all, just dimmed to a faint point, then we couldn't see it anymore.

      It didn't move across the sky like a 'shooting star' , but did fade out in probably the same amount of time.

      Any suggestions?

      More information:

      Hi, Thanks for your response.
      No, there were no clouds in the sky, and it stayed in exactly the same spot, but just dimmed as we were watching it. We had just looked up at the same time and both noticed it when it was really bright, and both just watched it as it got dimmer and disappeared, as it was so strange that it was doing that. Like I say , it was gone completely in about 5 or 10 seconds. I know the time was 8:33, as I just got a call on my cell phone, as I was looking up.

      We were facing north, and it was just west of the big dipper. It looked to be about the same distance away from the dipper, as the stars appear in that constellation. (if that makes any sense to you )

      We are close to the flight path for Calgary airport, but as I say, it didn't move, and there was no sound. We've watched lots of satellites and seen the space station, but it wasn't like that.

      Thank you to the witness for the report.

      Brian Vike, Director
      HBCC UFO Research.

      ----------
      Yarrow, British Columbia

      Date: Early August 2003
      Time: Midnight
      email report.

      Hello,

      I am writing to you in regard to the light beam you report on your site. I would like to add the following. In early August ( It was sometime after the east coast blackout and prior to the Mars approach of August 27) my wife and I were parked beside the Vedder River at Yarrow BC to observe Mars. The following occurred: At approximately midnight to the northeast we observed a very bright aurora. It was the brightest display I have ever observed this far south and the following day the news reported it had been seen as far south as California.

      Between midnight and one am we noticed a band of light as you describe. It stretched from the northern horizon (Sumas Mountain) to the southern horizon (Vedder Mountain). It was about the width of a finger held at arms length and was self luminous. We watched it for some time until it dissipated. That night the moon was either full or nearly so. Although we did not use them to observe the light beam we had with us an 8" refractor, 7x50 binoculars and a Cannon digital camera.

      I am an experienced amateur astronomer and private pilot having sent many hours observing both the day and night sky over the years. I have never seen anything like this previously.

      Sincerely,

      Thank you to the witness for the report.

      Brian Vike, Director
      HBCC UFO Research.

      Brian Vike, Director
      HBCC UFO Research
      Canadian Toll Free UFO Hotline 1 866 262 1989 - Free call.
      Home - Phone/Fax 1 250 845 2189
      HBCC UFO Forum Board
      http://216.147.50.102/HBCC-UFO/index.php
      email: hbccufo@...