Re: Aliens in the Bible and worse in verse

  • visions
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 2, 2003
      All this talk of aliens and the Bible reminds me of a post I've just read elsewhere from the pen of UFO poet laureate Alfred Lehmberg.
      I have his permission to post it.
      Cheers
      Dave Haith

      I don't believe -in- UFO's, and I'm not splitting hairs, but *something*
      haunts the skies above, and shames us -well- down here. And not just -now-,
      but way back *then* when flight was just a dream. Yes, well before the
      pyramids that began it all, it seems.

      Back before we sailed our seas we prayed to brutal gods -- gods as thick as
      errant fleas who gave their needed nod. Back before, when just a few, we
      wandered plains in bands askew, and we were *almost* innocent then, an
      uncorrupted kith and kin. Back before we wrote in books, we scratched cave
      walls with paint and soot, and we recorded saucers, flying, (scaring the
      observers spying!) -- pulsing inner lights in waves that we, then, chipped
      in stone, OK?

      Kings of fearful ancient times would see them hover there, and scurry to
      their *high* priests, their witchdoctors, and sayers. Pharos of old Egypt
      ran, and raised up armies that would stand... in fearful awe of flying craft
      that, silent (days long!) flew on past! They could, even, smell their
      odors -- alien and acrid motors! This was taken down (but hidden) by a man
      of some *religion*, but the papyrus is real and good translation's solid
      seal. I say this and -forget- the Bible -- how all its stories make it
      libel... as a record of abduction, UFO's and piqued destruction!

      Consider Alexander as he strides his *conquered* planet, as he crosses
      raging rivers to secure a grip upon it! His elephants and horses and, yes,
      most of all his men were panicked by two UFO's that -dove- upon them,
      friend. They drove them from their crossing (why?) these craft that sailed
      air; they flew like massive birds of prey that owned the sky up there!
      Described as silver shields, spitting fire to the ground, they danced and
      burned and threatened, but they did not make a sound. Squealing like Ned
      Beatty, and (yes!) scared beyond his wits, Alexander *wrote* it down, by
      God, so he'd -remember- it!

      And sober (pre-Christ) Romans were observers, then, as well. Of skies, well
      nigh, INFESTED are the tales they would tell. Spectacles of "fleets of
      ships" would course through troubled skies, they wrote it down as point of
      fact, and not as *charming* lies.

      They did HEAR terrific noises, and the sky would turn to gold! Men and
      women -trembled- like they all had gotten cold! Globes of fire fell to
      Earth and landed on the ground. Taking off they'd go straight up and flash
      their lights around! Described as brighter than the sun, these terrified
      plain folks (who'd run) to hapless priests or scared officials who'd write
      it down, and sign -initials-. Pliny wrote of burning shields that danced
      across his eye, annealed. Others wrote of missiles, then, that roared and
      soared their skies, my friend .

      The birth of Christ won't cure the air of errant flying craft. Josephus
      wrote of phantom ships, and no one thinks he's daft. Respected as a scholar,
      and revered as circumspect, he wrote of flying chariots, and of beings
      WITHIN them, yet! He wrote of -armies- of them that would course their way
      through clouds! He wrote "surrounded cities" so there really is no doubt!
      He wrote that all this happened in fullest light of day -- he wrote of
      frightened peoples who went down on knees to pray. This wasn't science
      fiction, but was well beyond his scope. He wrote it as he saw it. All agree
      that he's no dope.

      The Byzantine were not immune to unknown *flying* craft, they wrote of ships
      called brilliant, more like burning globes -- as fast. They hovered over
      cities (!), and presented beams like swords; folks looked up and cringed in
      fear for judgement of those lords! Nobles watched the pagans as the dark age
      was to end, and reddish brown in color flying saucers flew again! They
      hovered over churches, and they scared the people blind who ran in "bugged"
      confusion from their castles, if inside. They had -never- seen the like!
      They cowered in their awe. They -survived- and wrote it down. It sticks, yes
      (!), in your craw.

      And what is seminal history, but Saint Gregory of Tours who reported on one
      Alcuin, a biographer of stars. Charlemagne's assaulted by a light-fast
      glowing globe! It flickers inexplicably like a psychedelic strobe! It's so
      damned strange it spooks his horse, which rears in the attack. Charlemagne,
      in armor, is then thrown right off its back! This injures him severely; he's
      dead in four more years, and kingdoms fall to ruin as the Vikings bring
      their cheer.

      The Japanese saw their fair share and they will not be excluded. Yoritsumi
      saw his "flying lights" and here will be included. Yoritsumi was a general
      with his army in the field, and he saw them loop their circles in the sky
      like hurled shields. They swung all night to morning light and then some
      hours still, so he, then, asked his *wise* men who would shuck -their- jive
      and shill, "Be unconcerned, most gracious lord. Let smiles adjourn your
      frown -- it's a typhoon, heaving mightily, to blow the stars around"!

      This takes us from -- "way back" BC . . . to about the thirteenth century.
      There's more to say another day -- eight hundred years of saucers -- hey!
      Forgetting tablets Sitchin translates, UFO's remain debated. History's a
      smoking gun that people did -not- write for *fun*. It was, then, too damned
      expensive; they only wrote what common sense was. Written in the words
      they -had- in concepts they could understand, they wrote that we are -not-
      alone, and wrote that down in ink and stone!

      No. I don't believe in UFO's. I -believe- UFO's. The difference is NOT that
      subtle. And what is there not to believe. Seriously -- it crawls -all- over
      the written record, and yet collectively we continue to laugh
      inappropriately up our damp sleeves.

      Why? We can't let it disturb our future plans? Rofl!

      And, what is it but our belief in a phony-baloney, and likely unjust,
      *future* (awarded to us if we stay our *profitable* but world sodomizing
      course) that allows the shimmering scales of a court jester ufology to be
      glued to our hapless eyes in the first place? Yeah! That's right! Phony --
      baloney!

      The conservative establishment smirks and continues to celebrate a
      conservatism that is born out of the *satisfactions* it has discovered in
      having *things* remain -just- as they ARE!!! Further -- it is an
      establishment that recently finds itself needing to demonstrate some
      reinvention as a *compassionate* party, proof of it's sociopathy! That
      future that we hope for (and that they promise) is a red herring (for a
      carrot) on the end of their long stick. And even IT evaporates (as a red
      herring is wont to do) the moment they feel they HAVE to have another
      platinum fixture on the downstairs bidet of their autumn home. In a
      contrived and manipulated denouement that too few are availing themselves
      of -- these few are very comfortable indeed. We are embroiled in a gigantic
      and pyramidal ponsi-scheme for a sociopathic minority. This corrosive
      minority believes that they will be able to insulate themselves from the
      very worst, FORGETTING they are in a position to help elevate the whole to
      truly -cosmic- levels!!!

      Free power, as example, has such a *problem* being excepted NOT because
      there is nothing to it. Rather, a huge amount of old (and new) money feels
      it has a lot *invested* in the early, fossil, twentieth century concepts
      presently employed. Energy problems in this country could be eliminated with
      an -incentive- to generate power and supply it to a grid, presently,
      enslaving us, but I digress.

      This group (of the, ah, uh -- ... conservatively minded?) is the same bunch
      that fills the trough for our news media and mainstream science impetus. It
      is also the major proponent of a campaign to keep ufology in the
      under-funded-court-jester status it presently occupies. UFOs suggest
      change -- this is a change, though, that may not be compatible with the
      present ease of luxury and control now enjoyed by selected persons presently
      disrespecting -your- individuality and quality of life. How much
      control -do- you have?

      No, we hang by threads. At the complete whim of the arbitrary, we are song
      and danced by a cloying appeal to contrived tradition and convenient
      ceremony. The traditions of an off-base Aristotle, these ceremonies of
      elitist convenience... do nothing but beg the inevitable question, a
      question largely unanswered but for a smirking retort of reflex duplicity
      that maintains a status quo leading to an increasingly exclusionary and
      suicidal dead end for all the rest of us!

      Somebody knows.

      UFO's are, by definition, change, and point to worlds with much more breadth
      and scope -- potential and expansiveness. It gets no easier to maintain a
      fa├žade of normalcy for the smirking denial of these few... so fearlessly (!)
      ask your own questions though the answers (or the suggestions of answers)
      offend you, shock you, or shame you. There is joy beyond the shame,
      satisfaction beyond the shock, and fellowship beyond the offense.

      And it's real.
      Alfred Lehmberg
      Lehmberg@...