Terrace & Port Coquitlam, B.C. Sightings

  • hbccufo
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 31, 2003
      Terrace, British Columbia

      Date: August 31, 2003
      Time: approx: 7:00 p.m.
      Daylight Sighting

      About an hour ago I had a fellow telephone me from Terrace, British Columbia to make a report, he said they had heard me on the radio speaking about UFO sightings in the area. He and his fiancée were on their way home, which is in the Thronhill area of Terrace when they spotted a strange object hovering high in the sky.

      The couple were driving along Crumb Road and looked up just over the trees and high up underneath the clouds they saw the object. He described it as being rather flat, dark gray in color and it sat stationary for approx: one minute before it disappeared. They both saw a number of lights on it, the fellow said he thought there were 5 lights, and his fiancée thought there were 6. All the lights were white in color and the witness said they looked like the headlights on a vehicle. The witness believe the lights were running around the object but was hard to say for sure.

      His fiancée thought at first it may have been a plane, but they soon ruled that out because it sat in the same position for such a long time. "It did not move". After I asked a number of questions, the witnesses said the object would have been shaped more like a disk in shape. It was rather long, but not a lot of height to it.

      I asked the witness if he might give me some kind of idea of the size of the craft. As we know this is not an easy thing to do. The man turned to his fiancée and asked, both said they thought it may have been around one and a half thumbs wide. This was a guess at how long this object may have been. No sound was heard, mainly because the couple were in their vehicle and they may have not heard anything due to the altitude the craft was at. They also reported that the sun was not shinning off it, in other words no reflection off the object.

      The couple said after the object disappeared they drove to the airport just to have a look to see if any planes were around the area, he told me there was nothing in the air.

      Thank you to the witnesses for the report.

      Port Coquitlam, British Columbia

      Date: August 30, 2003
      Time: 11:30 p.m.

      At approximately 23:30 hours Saturday August 30, 2003. I saw in the eastern sky, looking from Port Coquitlam B.C., a very large green light streak across the sky.It traveled from north to south with a large tail. It moved very fast and appeared to start quite high and was traveling in a downward motion. If you have any info on this I would love to find out what the heck it was....

      The green light I saw appeared to be quite high as it seemed to be behind some late evening light cloud cover.

      It moved very fast,perhaps about a two second sighting. It also had a very long tail.

      I didn't think it was a flare or fireworks because it originated so high in the sky and arced towards the ground.

      Unfortunately I was alone at the time and have no verification.

      The green ball itself was quite large.

      Perhaps it was a flare of some sort, but it did not look or act like any flare I have ever seen.

      Thanks again for your quick response

      HBCC UFO: This sounds like it was a meteor.

      Thank you to the witness for the report.

      Brian Vike, Director
      HBCC UFO Research
      Canadian Toll Free UFO Hotline 1 866 262 1989 - Free call.
      Phone/Fax 1 250 845 2189
      Editor: Canadian Communicator - Paranormal Magazine
      email: hbccufo@...
      Website: http://www3.telus.net/public/wilbur8/hbcc_ufo_research.htm