Vernon, British Columbia

  • hbccufo
    Message 1 of 7 , Aug 16, 2003
      Hi List

      I left at 3:30 p.m. to go fishing for a couple of hours, actually caught something. But it was so small I put it back. Anyway in the little time I was away, I received this report, and two other emails contating reports and I am just about to return a phone call to a lady who has another report for me.

      Now one would know just how hard it is to keep up.

      Vernon, British Columbia

      Date: November 1999
      Time: Afternoon

      I had just left the driveway onto Highway #6 into Vernon when I saw a sphere descend through the clouds over the valley farms. It had a soft white glow with hard white needles pushing and radiating through. In the center was revolving pink.green lights. It descended about 50m and then disappeared.

      About 2 weeks later again on the highway somewhere between Kelowna and Penticton I saw it descend through the clouds. It dropped about 50 m still oscillating and pulsing with the lights. In less than a blink it became an equilateral triangle. It wobbled a bit and then stayed suspended as if painted into the sky. It was after midnight,and it was over a building. It was dark grey, platform with the middle lights off. I only saw the bottom of the craft. It did not reflect any light. There were three small half globes in each corner, and one large center one. I had no desire to stop the car but it stayed in sight until I passed the area.

      Thank you to the witness for the report.

      Brian Vike, Director
      HBCC UFO Research
      Canadian Toll Free UFO Hotline 1 866 262 1989 - Free call.
      Editor: Canadian Communicator - Paranormal Magazine
      email: hbccufo@...
      Website: http://www3.telus.net/public/wilbur8/hbcc_ufo_research.htm

    • hbccufo
      Message 2 of 7 , Dec 1, 2003
        Vernon, British Columbia

        Date: November 30, 2003
        Time: 4:45 p.m.

        Hello Brian

        On November 30. Sunday at 4:45 p.m. I was watching a bright white light hovering low in the south west horizon. It was in the wrong place for Venus. A few minutes of observation and I knew it wasn't a plane or a helicopter. At about 4:50 it was slowly moving toward the west. It remained a bright white light. A few minutes later and I watched it descend into the trees on the hill directly south of Vernon airport. Through the binos I watched it disappear from sight, and the bottom of the light "seemed" to turn orange red as if it was shutting down.

        Then just over the lake my eye caught strobing lights moving too fast for a small plane about to land.I saw an "orb ascend quickly" towards (sort of) the north from the lake and in the binoculars it seemed to go right by a plane heading southwest.

        The plane was low (approx. 15,000 ft) with its wing lights on.The orb had pink strobing lights but was barely visible to the naked eye.The orb reminded me of the globes that appear when Ghosts are filmed. Nebulous but there.The sky was still in its final colors of sunset, though the sun was long gone.

        Wow. was I excited. take care

        Thank you to the witness for the report.

        Brian Vike, Director
        HBCC UFO Research
        Canadian Toll Free UFO Hotline 1 866 262 1989 - Free call.
        Home - Phone/Fax 1 250 845 2189
        HBCC UFO Forum Board
        http://216.147.50.102/HBCC-UFO/index.php
        email: hbccufo@...
        Website: http://www.hbccufo.com

      • hbccufo
        Message 3 of 7 , Dec 4, 2003
          Vernon, British Columbia

          Date: December 3, 2003
          Time: 4:45 p.m.

          Hi Brian

          December 3 at 4:45 p.m. the bright white light appeared over the hill south of the airport. The sky was clear after sunset. It hovered and sparkled. A red sphere flashed by going south. My neighbor came out on his balcony for a cigarette. The white light hovered. When he went in it started it's vertical decent. It went down very slowly a bit at a time until it
          disappeared in the trees, at 500 p.m.

          It is difficult to describe the light. In the binoculars it has strobing red and other colours but white is the predominant one. It is white hot like a sparkler and hard to tell size or shape. I find it hard to believe that no one else has reported this as it is predominant in the sw sky and by the airport. It went down just before a jet landed. There is a population density around the airport and surrounding hills, and again I can't be the only one who sees this.

          The behavior of the light suggests that some people at a glance would view it as a star or a one spotlight plane on approach. It makes no sudden moves, as it moves in increments. This is a wonder-full event, lasting 20 minutes, from when I start viewing it.

          Message 4 of 7 , Feb 14 2:14 PM
            Vernon, British Columbia

            The Week of February from the 8 to the 12

            The following report has been difficult to put into description. I have never seen this before and it is hard to describe something to others without comparing it to familiar things. I have very little to compare it to except science fiction and special effects that have been in popular movies.

            I live Vernon facing west. My view has a ridge of hills about 900 to 1200 ft on either side. In the centre is the airport and moving west further is a small inlet leading to Okanagan Lake. On the other side of Okanagan lake are mountains.

            The current events are taking place on the north ridge of the airport in the western direction.

            Monday

            Tonight at 8:10 pm a "star" rose vertically over the ridge. The "star" was a bright white and golden light surrounded by a bubble (aura) reflecting the inner swirling colors, of green, blue, orange and pink. This light moved vertically to about an angle of 30 degrees in the sky. It moved horizontally south to hover over the down slope of the hill.

            Inside of the bubble the "light" expanded to a large spinning ball of flame orange color. It then changed into what appeared to resemble a vehicle with two headlights, changed back to the ball and then to the vehicle. After the changes the bubble disappeared. The size of the bubble is of a pencil eraser held at arms length and the distance from me is about 7 k.

            This happened in the time it takes to blink three times. The two large headlights had one green flashing light on one side and two flashing red lights on the other suggesting a shape of a vehicle. I do not get enough time to get a shape of the body but it does not reflect any light as does the body of an airplane. The vehicle hovered then the headlights turned away from me and headed south slower than an airplane can fly at landing.

            Wednesday

            Tonight at 6:30 pm in the same area as the other sighting a large cloud lit up like a patio lantern with white light. The two lights appeared coming out of the cloud near the top of the cloud. The headlights moved slowly over the same area as the other and then the lights were switched off. The lights were switched on and the vehicle turned south. As I watched the flashing red lights head south, the flashers were switched off.

            Thursday

            Tonight at 6:30 pm, two headlights crested the hill. Tonight it was different as the "vehicle" seemed to be outlined in a webbing of strung golden yellow lights reminding me of Christmas lights. There was still no detail of the vehicle but it was covered in this netting effect. It rose to about 40 degrees in the sky, moved south into the valley and stopped. The golden glow dimmed and three large circular lights in triangular formation came on underneath the vehicle. I watched it slowly
            head south and could see it until it dissappeared over the top of the hill and highway 97 to Kelowna. It was followed by alot of flashing red and green lights,suggesting something huge or several of the smaller ones described above.

            Thank you to the witness for the report.

            Brian Vike, Director
            HBCC UFO Research
            Canadian Toll Free UFO Hotline 1 866 262 1989 - Free call.
            Home - Phone 1 250 845 2189

            Message 5 of 7 , Apr 12, 2004
              Vernon, British Columbia

              Date: April 11 2004
              Time: 7:50 p.m.

              Western horizon
              Sky was clear, sunset colors in clouds pink to greying.
              Distance is approx 30 + miles
              Size in the binos approx one half to three quarters inch.

              I have been watching planes and the contrails they leave in the sky for about two months since I have read about them in some reports. The one that catches my interest I can describe as one circular telescoping puffy cloud leaving two wide apart thin streams twisting like dental floss before they disappear. I made a report about the cloud fist that opened podlike and an elliptical disc circle the area. The cloud was tube like and elongated to the opening pod. Before the pod opened there was an intense whiter color.

              I saw last night about 15 degrees above the western horizon a puff of smoke with the two wide apart contrails following, descend at about 40 degree angle. In the binos I saw the contrails turn black, and the puffy tube cloud turning burgundy red with the head of the cloud a little intenser color. As it descended by a thin cloud I could see no plane in front of the
              "smoke "or contrails.

              The whole burgundy red cloud stopped, elongated "wormlike" with the head flattening out disc shape. It began to descend a little more,straightened horizontally, and the whole thing disappeared.

              Thank you to the witness for the report.

              Brian Vike, Director
              HBCC UFO Research

              Home - Phone 250 845 2189

              Message 6 of 7 , May 19, 2004
                Vernon, British Columbia

                Date: May 17, 2004
                Time: 10:00 p.m.

                Hi Brian
                Monday May 17 night at 10 pm I saw a globe "star" about the brightness of Jupiter and similar in size fly over Vernon from the west to the east. I could not tell exactly how high it was but it appeared to be as high as the jets are maybe 20,000 ft. I had also noticed "satelites" gold in color flying south to north but disappearing at a place in a constellation following Leo and Jupiter in the sky and I could not track them further.

                Tuesday night I was on my balcony from 11 pm until 3:30 am. I noticed the same satellites. One followed the other by five minutes heading north. Then one went back on the same direction heading south or the opposite direction from where they had been. They seemed to appear from where they disappeared in the sky. They move at the similar speed to a satelite. They are gold in color.

                The next event was a globe flying over Vernon the same as the night before from the west. It turned orange and disappeared high over my building. I saw another globe from the same place in the west heading toward the north. My eye was then turned to a bright flaring of super white light high in the sky and this gold globe headed north. My eye caught another flare high in the wnw sky but this one flickered then flared and strobed white light as it headed in a north direction. Another one flared in the nw sky and flew in the direction of the other strobing one.

                At about 3 am I noticed two satelites on the same trajectory as first sighted. They were close together seemed to slow down and one proceeded south while the other one headed east. The last sighting was at 3:30am when a white gold globe flared high directly over head in the sky turned orange and vanished.

                Brian Vike, Director
                HBCC UFO Research

                Home - Phone 250 845 2189
                email: hbccufo@...
                Website: http://www.hbccufo.com
                Redirect: http://www.brianvike.com
                Redirect: http://www.hbccuforesearch.com

              • hbccufo
                Message 7 of 7 , Jun 7, 2004
                  Vernon, British Columbia

                  Date: June 5, 2004
                  Time: Varies

                  Hello Brian

                  Saturday night between the hours of 10:30 pm and 12:30 a.m. in west Vernon low clouds, foggy and scattered heavy clouds
                  10:30 pm under 8000 ft just over my building a halogen white flare appeared, pulsed once and vanished.The first flash was so bright it appeared to lighten my close surroundings. 11:15( approx.) low in the north west sky a few miles away another halogen white globe flared. was visible for a few seconds,dimmed, then vanished. 12:10 am (approx.) about 8000 feet over the airport a white light became visible in the cloud as it descended to just under the cloud. It was close enough to say the size the light made was bigger than the small planes that fly here. It brightened, then dimmed back to a light the brightness of
                  Jupiter, started to ascend back into the cloud then vanished. The two were flying very slowly, floating with direction.
                  Through the scattered clouds I could see the golden globes heading both north and south at different times.