Re: Pay Attention

  • Randy Hiatt
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 4 1:45 PM
      Also Douglas we don't seem to pay attention to our own past. I
      believe in an advanced technology/history here on earth well
      beyond our records... it seems we may have brought that all to
      an untimely end and starting over we have forgot that lesson
      because again we are at a point where our tech can destroy us.

      If were being watched it's probably been longer then a century
      and I bet they feel safer staying a bit out of reach.

      Randy

      --- In ufonet@yahoogroups.com, "Douglas E. Egolf"
      <projekt_e2001@y...> wrote:
      > cardboard cutouts, on a good day humans do not pay attention
      to what
      > is going on around them 95% of the time. We presume that
      being the
      > dominant life form on this planet there isn't much that we don't
      see
      > and control. There is also the preoccupation with sleeping
      eating and
      > breeding. A highly advanced intelligence probably recognizes
      this
      > fact after at least a century of observation and study. I'm sure
      they
      > use it too its full advantage.
    • blisskitten31
      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 6 11:22 PM
        I agree Randy. I have seen books that discuss how ancient
        Egyptians had electricity. . .and the unknown ancients placed
        Stonehenge, and monoliths like the Easter Island heads, etc. There
        are Mayan (?) hieroglyphical symbols that look like helicopters,
        planes and UFO's, etc. etc. etc. And, of course, there are the
        numerous (albeit rumored) technological achievements of Atlantis.
        And we will always have to wonder about the knowledge lost in the
        burning of the Alexandrian Library (and wonder about the secrets
        purportedly found under the paw of the Sphinx).

        I am sure technology may have harmed, and possibly destroyed, many
        cultures before us. We may not be the first, or last group of humans
        to succumb to our technology before we are compassionate,
        intelligent and WISE enough to safely maintain/use it.

        If indeed we are watched from above, it may be by odd, but
        benevolent "aliens", whom I personally believe may be under the
        control of God. Although this idea has horrified some of my
        straight-laced Christian friends (and I am a devout Christian, as
        well), I feel it could very well explain the return of
        Christ "coming down from the clouds". God is paranormal (far above
        and beyond "normal")so I believe this is a possibility, although I'd
        never call it a belief--- just an interesting hypothesis I have
        thought about. . .

        Ahhh the wonders of mysteries ;)

        Thanks for a great informational site and forum :)
        Caryn

        --- In ufonet@yahoogroups.com, "Randy Hiatt" <rhiatt@g...> wrote:
        > Also Douglas we don't seem to pay attention to our own past. I
        > believe in an advanced technology/history here on earth well
        > beyond our records... it seems we may have brought that all to
        > an untimely end and starting over we have forgot that lesson
        > because again we are at a point where our tech can destroy us.
        >
        > If were being watched it's probably been longer then a century
        > and I bet they feel safer staying a bit out of reach.
        >
        > Randy

      • Randy Hiatt
        Message 3 of 5 , Aug 7 11:23 PM
          --- In ufonet@yahoogroups.com, "blisskitten31"
          <spicy13love@y...> wrote:
          > I agree Randy. I have seen books that discuss how ancient
          > Egyptians had electricity. . .and the unknown ancients placed
          > Stonehenge, and monoliths like the Easter Island heads, etc.

          There are alot of unexplained common threads in cultures and
          their artifacts indeed. More so then can be explained in our text
          books. Even as we discover this we seem to forget to update
          those text books. Have you ever heard Joseph Campbell speak
          about myths and folk lore of all cultures? He was amazing. Bill
          Moyer (PBS) did a 5 part series with him, I have it on dvd.

          > burning of the Alexandrian Library (and wonder about the
          secrets
          > purportedly found under the paw of the Sphinx).

          Where ever it is I want a library card! Things like this is what
          compels me to keep up the search, I know there is still lots to be
          found (or in some cases divuldged).

          > If indeed we are watched from above, it may be by odd, but
          > benevolent "aliens", whom I personally believe may be under
          the
          > control of God. Although this idea has horrified some of my
          > straight-laced Christian friends (and I am a devout Christian,
          as
          > well), I feel it could very well explain the return of
          > Christ "coming down from the clouds". God is paranormal (far
          above
          > and beyond "normal")so I believe this is a possibility, although
          I'd
          > never call it a belief--- just an interesting hypothesis I have
          > thought about. . .

          I'm a beliver in god as love ... god is balance.... god is the center
          stillness between positive and negitive, compression,
          expansion, outward, inward....all things are from god and return.
          I don't perscribe to the personal god theory (devil) or organized
          religions.

          > Thanks for a great informational site and forum :)
          > Caryn

          very nice of you to say :) it's the sum of our whole!