Pay Attention

  • Douglas E. Egolf
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 3, 2003
      cardboard cutouts, on a good day humans do not pay attention to what
      is going on around them 95% of the time. We presume that being the
      dominant life form on this planet there isn't much that we don't see
      and control. There is also the preoccupation with sleeping eating and
      breeding. A highly advanced intelligence probably recognizes this
      fact after at least a century of observation and study. I'm sure they
      use it too its full advantage.
    • Dianne Dunaway
      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 3, 2003
        Preoccupation with survival(food) is instinctual, of course. As such, even
        if we as a species could eliminate it, we actually shouldn't. Post
        cataclysm, this "obsession" will keep the species going. Sleep, too, is
        pregnant with unknown benefits (inventors getting their aha! ideas, etc and
        precognitive dreams/visions, etc.
        Yes, you are correct, that our problem is our collective myopia/self
        absorption/tendency to contemplate our navels, probably deriving from our
        species' instinct to burrow/hole up as a climatic hibernation/estavation
        (sp?) response and/or to escape from Sabretooths and Direwolves, etc).
        It is important to be aware/ honest about our tendencies, not to eliminate
        them necessarily but to also develop new behaviors and skills alongside them
        which will help us to grow as a species into the galactic people we ideally
        can become.
        I'd like to start with teaching serious Astronomy/Astrophysics alongside the
        three Rs in elementary school (rather than folk dancing, etc). Look outward
        more and towards the future more. Not to deny our tribal/ethnic "roots" but
        to explore more the new growth/branches that will lead us up into the sky,
        light and stars.
        :)

        >From: "Douglas E. Egolf" <projekt_e2001@...>
        >To: ufonet@yahoogroups.com
        >Subject: [UFOnet] Pay Attention
        >Date: Sun, 03 Aug 2003 10:31:21 -0000

        >cardboard cutouts, on a good day humans do not pay attention to what
        >is going on around them 95% of the time. We presume that being the
        >dominant life form on this planet there isn't much that we don't see
        >and control. There is also the preoccupation with sleeping eating and
        >breeding. A highly advanced intelligence probably recognizes this
        >fact after at least a century of observation and study. I'm sure they
        >use it too its full advantage.

      • Randy Hiatt
        Message 3 of 5 , Aug 4, 2003
          Also Douglas we don't seem to pay attention to our own past. I
          believe in an advanced technology/history here on earth well
          beyond our records... it seems we may have brought that all to
          an untimely end and starting over we have forgot that lesson
          because again we are at a point where our tech can destroy us.

          If were being watched it's probably been longer then a century
          and I bet they feel safer staying a bit out of reach.

          Randy

          --- In ufonet@yahoogroups.com, "Douglas E. Egolf"
          <projekt_e2001@y...> wrote:
          > cardboard cutouts, on a good day humans do not pay attention
          to what
          > is going on around them 95% of the time. We presume that
          being the
          > dominant life form on this planet there isn't much that we don't
          see
          > and control. There is also the preoccupation with sleeping
          eating and
          > breeding. A highly advanced intelligence probably recognizes
          this
          > fact after at least a century of observation and study. I'm sure
          they
          > use it too its full advantage.
        • blisskitten31
          Message 4 of 5 , Aug 6, 2003
            I agree Randy. I have seen books that discuss how ancient
            Egyptians had electricity. . .and the unknown ancients placed
            Stonehenge, and monoliths like the Easter Island heads, etc. There
            are Mayan (?) hieroglyphical symbols that look like helicopters,
            planes and UFO's, etc. etc. etc. And, of course, there are the
            numerous (albeit rumored) technological achievements of Atlantis.
            And we will always have to wonder about the knowledge lost in the
            burning of the Alexandrian Library (and wonder about the secrets
            purportedly found under the paw of the Sphinx).

            I am sure technology may have harmed, and possibly destroyed, many
            cultures before us. We may not be the first, or last group of humans
            to succumb to our technology before we are compassionate,
            intelligent and WISE enough to safely maintain/use it.

            If indeed we are watched from above, it may be by odd, but
            benevolent "aliens", whom I personally believe may be under the
            control of God. Although this idea has horrified some of my
            straight-laced Christian friends (and I am a devout Christian, as
            well), I feel it could very well explain the return of
            Christ "coming down from the clouds". God is paranormal (far above
            and beyond "normal")so I believe this is a possibility, although I'd
            never call it a belief--- just an interesting hypothesis I have
            thought about. . .

            Ahhh the wonders of mysteries ;)

            Thanks for a great informational site and forum :)
            Caryn

            --- In ufonet@yahoogroups.com, "Randy Hiatt" <rhiatt@g...> wrote:
            > Also Douglas we don't seem to pay attention to our own past. I
            > believe in an advanced technology/history here on earth well
            > beyond our records... it seems we may have brought that all to
            > an untimely end and starting over we have forgot that lesson
            > because again we are at a point where our tech can destroy us.
            >
            > If were being watched it's probably been longer then a century
            > and I bet they feel safer staying a bit out of reach.
            >
            > Randy

          • Randy Hiatt
            Message 5 of 5 , Aug 7, 2003
              --- In ufonet@yahoogroups.com, "blisskitten31"
              <spicy13love@y...> wrote:
              > I agree Randy. I have seen books that discuss how ancient
              > Egyptians had electricity. . .and the unknown ancients placed
              > Stonehenge, and monoliths like the Easter Island heads, etc.

              There are alot of unexplained common threads in cultures and
              their artifacts indeed. More so then can be explained in our text
              books. Even as we discover this we seem to forget to update
              those text books. Have you ever heard Joseph Campbell speak
              about myths and folk lore of all cultures? He was amazing. Bill
              Moyer (PBS) did a 5 part series with him, I have it on dvd.

              > burning of the Alexandrian Library (and wonder about the
              secrets
              > purportedly found under the paw of the Sphinx).

              Where ever it is I want a library card! Things like this is what
              compels me to keep up the search, I know there is still lots to be
              found (or in some cases divuldged).

              > If indeed we are watched from above, it may be by odd, but
              > benevolent "aliens", whom I personally believe may be under
              the
              > control of God. Although this idea has horrified some of my
              > straight-laced Christian friends (and I am a devout Christian,
              as
              > well), I feel it could very well explain the return of
              > Christ "coming down from the clouds". God is paranormal (far
              above
              > and beyond "normal")so I believe this is a possibility, although
              I'd
              > never call it a belief--- just an interesting hypothesis I have
              > thought about. . .

              I'm a beliver in god as love ... god is balance.... god is the center
              stillness between positive and negitive, compression,
              expansion, outward, inward....all things are from god and return.
              I don't perscribe to the personal god theory (devil) or organized
              religions.

              > Thanks for a great informational site and forum :)
              > Caryn

              very nice of you to say :) it's the sum of our whole!