Houston, British Columbia

  • hbccufo
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 2 12:24 AM
      Houston, British Columbia

      Date: July 31, 2003
      Time: 11:30 p.m.
      Local Call.

      This reported sighting took place just over Houston, B.C.

      A Houston resident telephoned me today to explain what she saw out her bedroom window. The witness had jumped into bed ready for a night's sleep when something caught her attention, her bedroom window faced the northeastern portion of the sky. She saw a extremely bright white light flying at a low altitude and it shot across the sky. When she first noticed it, the light/object was traveling in a straight line, but then before she lost sight of it the object it zig zagged and disappeared. (The witness is going to give me a sketch of what the event looked like).

      No tail was observed trailing the object, no sound was heard as the witness said she had her window open due to it being very warm out. The witness said the object was approx: the size of her finger nail. Another interesting thing about this sighting was that the light/object had a number of lights running around the outside of it, and all white in color. The event lasted approx: 4 seconds.

      The sighting scared the witness enough that she had a hard time getting to sleep that night.

      Thank you to the lady who made the report.

      Brian Vike, Director
      HBCC UFO Research

      --------------

      Houston, British Columbia

      Date: July 31, 2003
      Time: approx: 11:35 p.m.
      Local Call.

      Another call came in today from two witnesses who reside just west of Houston, B.C. A husband a wife were out finishing up their farm chores when they both witnessed a bright white light moving quickly towards the northeast. They reported that the light was very low and flying over the town of Houston. I talked with the husband and he said the whole event lasted no more than a few seconds, but what caught them off guard was the fact that the light zig zagged low across the sky. He said it was the strangest thing, meaning they never witnessed anything like this due to the fact that the light moved so erratically and low in the sky. (HBCC UFO Note: I believe the two reports are certainly connected due to the explanation that was given in both reports.

      I will be talking more to both witnesses and gathering additional information on this event.

      Thank you to the folks for their report.

      Brian Vike, Director
      HBCC UFO Research
      Canadian Toll Free UFO Hotline 1 866 262 1989 - Free call.
      Editor: Canadian Communicator - Paranormal Magazine
      email: hbccufo@...
      Website: http://www3.telus.net/public/wilbur8/hbcc_ufo_research.htm

    • hbccufo
      Message 2 of 5 , Feb 5, 2004
        Houston, British Columbia

        Date: February 3, 2004
        Time: 7:06 a.m.

        This sighting took place approx: 5 kilometers west of Houston, British Columbia. The area where the sighting took place has been a very active location for numerous sightings over 2002 and 2003. The farm I visited today (February 4, 2003) sits high above the Bulkley Valley and these folks and their neighbors have a terrific view of all the surroundings.

        A witness called me on the morning of February 4, 2004 to report that she and her husband both saw something that didn't look right. The woman gets up early to get her husband and children ready for the day's work and school. As she made her way through her home at 7:06 a.m. she walked by the kitchen sink, stopped, backed up and gave a call out for her husband to come and have a look at what she was watching.

        Both stood inside their home looking out the window at a moon sized object. It's color was very bright, (a good example would be if you were sitting looking into a camp fire watching the bright colored flames shooting up). This object was "bright"! The witness only could guess as to the shape of it, but thought it was circular. She reported to me the top of the object was domed shaped for sure. (also what is very important in this story is that it was completely dark outside, the sun had not started to rise).

        The farm the family owns is very large, and there is a great deal of pasture. From the kitchen where they observed the object, there is a clump of poplar and spruce trees. Then behind that is another opening of pasture area, then another row or clump of trees. In-between these rows of trees, is where the object was seen moving about. Not in an erratic fashion at all, it just dropped down slowly and "stopped"!

        Since the orange glowing object was staying stationary at the time, the lady grabbed her video camera and started to shoot some film from the kitchen window. Because what she and her husband were watching was certainly strange looking, she thought about making a move to the outside onto the patio. She ran quickly to the front door, opened it and went outside with video camera in hand. When she looked over to the area where the object was sitting, or had been ....it had vanished. The woman ran back inside to the kitchen window again, and there it was, sitting stationary and shining very brightly. So she shot a little more footage until it just blinked out.

        After I took the call about the sighting, I asked was she going to be at home for a while, and if so, I would like to come out to have a look around. I also wanted to take a look at the footage and do the report of the sighting. The witness said it would be fine if I wanted to come up to their home right away, so I grabbed my keys and headed out.

        I was greeted by the witnesses when I arrived and she explained exactly what they saw, showed me where the object was located and where she was standing when filming. The lady then showed me into the kitchen and told me that this is where she first noticed it. She then took me outside and pointed to where the object was when she tried to capture it on film.

        I said you are kidding, because it would not have mattered from either location the lady was filming from, the object should have been visible. With winter here the popular trees had already dropped their leaves months ago. There were not many spruce trees in the area to block out such a large object. Why the witness could not see it when she went outdoors is a mystery to me, there was nothing to block out this large orange glowing object. I could see clearly through the first set of trees to the second row. So why the light disappeared has me baffled.

        We went back into the house so she could let me view the footage she shot. What I viewed was a totally blackened area, there was no light from an approaching sunrise. The object as the witness described to me was sitting exactly where she told me it was. It was a brilliant orange light and extremely large in size. Something else I found interesting was one of the larger popular trees which was in front of the light, (closest to their home and at the edge of the open field) there is what looks like a string of lights which is running down the tree. When I first looked at this part in the footage it reminded me as if one was looking at a set of Christmas lights running from the top branches downward to about half the length of the tree. The lights also spread out over a few of the larger branches as well. These streamers of light were also very bright.

        I eventually left the witnesses home and drove up the road to look around away from the site where the object had been seen. But from the vantage point I was at now, I was able to look over all the fields and the valley below. I did not see anything out of the norm. I also drove back down the road and stopped at the side of the road and looked around the area where the large object was spotted, again I saw no signs of any kind of disturbance in the snow or around and on any of the trees.

        So what the husband and wife witnessed is an unknown for now.

        I was also given a copy of the tape to have it looked at.

        Brian Vike, Director
        HBCC UFO Research
        Canadian Toll Free UFO Hotline 1 866 262 1989 - Free call.
        email: hbccufo@...
        Home phone 250 845 2189
        http://www.hbccufo.com