Fw: [UFOnet] Homophobics and UFOs

  • Roger Anderton
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 2, 2003
      Hi Linette
      The article is not based on quick deductions and generalisations; there has
      been a lot of literature on this type of thinking (a.k.a point of view),
      but
      obviously it would take too long to go into all of that in one article.
      (There is a book cited Dr Clive Bromhall's study of homosexuality, The
      Eternal Child is published by Ebury Press, and there are lots of others
      along similar lines, if you care to plough through them.).

      In Evolution Theory there is the belief that the earliest dog was a
      domesticated wolf. Where the dog which we have today is basically a wolf
      that never matures out of its infancy. (Of course some people are nowadays
      trying to breed fiercer dogs, which are probably more wolf-like.).

      Man as evolving from apes, is basically an ape that never matures out of
      its
      infancy.

      Surely, you may have noticed that some men never seem to grow up? - they
      have hobbies that seem childish like playing with toy trains etc. (Other
      men
      do seem to grow up, and seem to be more aggressive - the Clint Eastwood
      types etc.)

      As to the impression that you were given that same-sex monastic
      communities
      were formed in an effort to make it easier for their members to focus on
      the
      spiritual life rather than having to deal with sexual impulses. Well--
      surely you are aware that some people give excuses for do something, while
      actually doing something else?

      The article in the newspaper was proposing that people (mainly men) who are
      of the immature type had the need to believe in God, and being immature
      they
      also had the tendency to homosexuality. When males grow up they go through a
      stage as boys of not liking girls, then as they get older they get
      interested. It may be that some men remain in the immature stage?

      Some men and boys are bookish, but they have problems with the males that
      are more sporty and frown upon bookish activities; so the bookish types
      tend
      to be the weaker types- taking to books because they are no good at sports.
      The girls tend to go after the sporty types, avoiding the nerds, and if the
      nerds want relationships then there is a tendency to do so among
      themselves.

      Yes, our society does have a preoccupation with sex, because it is source
      of entertainment.

      Anyway, the main point of the email that people squabble over "nonsense".

      The split in the C of E at the moment is - a squabble over Homophobics
      versus Homosexuals; and the difference being probably that both groups are
      homosexual but one is 'suppressed' and the other is 'open'. It seems a
      pathetic thing to be arguing about. But society is all about creating
      pathetic reasons for different groups to squabble.

      The UFO subject is split between those who believe in ETs versus those that
      do not believe; in the end the squabble is probably as pathetic as that now
      going on in the C of E. It may be that the difference between pro-UFO and
      anti-UFO factions is that the anti-UFO faction is scared of the "truth",
      secretly admit the "truth" to themselves but don't want to openly admit it.

      -Roger

      There