Loading ...
Sorry, an error occurred while loading the content.

UFO ROUNDUP, Volume 8 Number 24

Expand Messages
  • John Hayes
    Posted on behalf of Joseph Trainor. ========================== UFO ROUNDUP Volume 8, Number 24 July 2, 2003 Editor: Joseph Trainor E-Mail:
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 1, 2003
      Posted on behalf of Joseph Trainor.


      Volume 8, Number 24
      July 2, 2003
      Editor: Joseph Trainor

      E-Mail: <Masinaigan@...>
      Website: http://www.ufoinfo.com/roundup/


      "FBI and other law enforcement officials raided a
      Rachel (Nevada) man's rented trailer home Thursday," June
      19, 2003, "while he was out of state, searching for what
      he said were photographs and data stored in his computer
      about the classified military installation known as Area
      "'Area 51. That's what it's for,' said the man,
      Chuck Clark, when asked by telephone about the search
      warrant that he found on Friday," June 20, 2003, "on a
      table inside the trailer in the rural Lincoln County
      community 100 miles (160 kilometers) north of Las Vegas."
      "'They timed this very nicely while I was in Denver
      (Colorado) with a TV crew,' said Clark, 57, author of Area
      51 and S-4 Handbook."
      "Clark said he thinks the search warrant was
      triggered by his research into motion-detector sensors
      that are buried on public land along trails miles away
      from the restricted area around the classified
      installation near the dry lake bed of Groom Lake, 90 miles
      (144 kilometers) north of Las Vegas."
      "Clark and other Area 51 buffs think the sensors are
      linked by radio signals to an interactive alarm network
      that alerts the installation's security personnel about
      possible intruders."
      "'I dug them up, photographed them, recorded their
      GPS and put them back,' he said, referring to Global
      Positioning System coordinates."
      "'I resent the fact they put them on public land.
      All I did was document them...
      to make an issue of putting them outside of restricted
      land,' Clark said. He described himself as a semi-retired
      photographer and writer who has spent 10 years researching
      Area 51."
      "Clark said the search warrant was issued by U.S.
      Magistrate Judge Lawrence Leavitt and that the agents who
      executed it left a four-page inventory of items siezed."
      "An FBI spokesman in Las Vegas, Jim Stern, confirmed
      that a search warrant had been executed in Clark's
      residence Thursday."
      "The FBI agents were accompanied by other law
      enforcement authorities who were part of a task force, but
      Stern declined to confirm the nature of the task force."
      "There were no arrests, Stern said, noting, 'This is
      an ongoing investigation of Clark.'"
      (Editor's Comment: Ongoing investigation!? What for?
      Clark has neither been arrested, charged, indicted by a
      grand jury, nor subpoenaed as a witness.)
      "He said items were taken from Clark's residence but
      declined to give details about what prompted the
      "He also would not comment on the scope of the search

      warrant or say what was siezed."
      According to KLAS-TV in Las Vegas, Nev., "FBI agents
      have confirmed that a search warrant was served Thursday
      night on the home of a self-described military watchdog in
      the tiny town of Rachel, near the mysterious Area 51
      military base."
      KLAS-TV "learned that the action was initiated by the

      Joint Terrorism Task Force." (JTTF)
      Earlier in June, Clark had "accompanied the (KLAS-TV
      Eyewitness News) I-Team" to an entrance to Area 51 and
      "two sensors were located and base security wrote down the
      plate numbers of our vehicles. We returned five days ago
      (Tuesday, June 17, 2003) and drove to the rear entrance of
      Area 51."
      "Two days later (Thursday, June 19, 2003) FBI agents,

      working with (U.S.) Air Force Intelligence and the Joint
      Terrorism Task Force raided Clark's home and siezed
      photos, records and his computer."
      "'They're paranoid about the location, and I don't
      see why?' asked Clark."
      KLAS-TV "asked the BLM (Bureau of Land Management of
      the U.S. Department of the Interior--J.T.) if it's legal
      for the military to put security devices on public land,
      but a (BLM) spokesman couldn't answer our question." (See
      the Las Vegas Review-Journal for June 21, 2003, "Ongoing
      investigation: FBI raids home near Area 51." Also the
      KLAS-TV Eyewitness News broadcast for June 20, 2003. Many
      thanks to Loren Coleman and Robert Fischer for these news
      (Editor's Comment: No doubt about it. Due process has
      really gone down the latrine with Attorney General John
      Ashcroft at the helm.)


      "A UFO was filmed (videotaped--J.T.) in the city of
      Gijon, in Asturias, a province in northern Spain."
      "The sighting took place within the framework of the
      traditional celebrations of St. John's Eve on June 23,
      2003 at 11:55 a.m. According to the report in Anyos Luz:
      'A light crossed the sky, making strange movements. Was
      it a UFO? No one knows for sure, but the video recording
      shows that what occurred is beyond the normal.'"
      "According to some eyewitnesses, 'the object
      resembled a star moving in the distance. It was a large
      thing that flew away very swiftly.'"
      "The videotape shows that when the UFO passed over
      the buildings, small spherical objects can be seen. These
      have been attributed to the reflection of the UFO in glass
      windows through which the object was viewed. Another
      smaller object can be seen moving in the opposite
      direction. It has been identified as a 'stunned pigeon.'"
      Gijon is a port on the Bay of Biscay, located
      approximately 210 kilometers (126 miles) northwest of
      Madrid, the capital of Spain. (Muchas gracias a Scott
      Corrales y Guillermo Gimenez para esa historia de


      On Wednesday, June 25, 2003, at 11:20 p.m., Stuart
      Wood "spotted what I thought was a low-flying plane out of
      my living room window" in Great Missenden,
      Buckinghamshire, UK. He reported, "I soon realised that
      there was no engine noise, and that it could not be a hot-
      air balloon at that time of night."
      "It was saucer-shaped with four metallic legs hanging

      from the undercarriage that were bent in the middle,
      almost in a crouching stance, with three amber lights, one
      of which lit the leg-like structures up. It also had one
      red and one white blinking light situated on the port or
      starboard (left or right) side of the object."
      "It measured about a centimetre (0.4 inches) across.
      (I used a ruler from arm's length from where I was
      standing--S.W.) I think it was about one-half to three-
      quarters of a mile (0.8 to 1.2 kilometers) away. My
      friend also witnessed this. The object never moved; it
      just hovered. After two or three minutes of staring at
      it, it (the UFO) disappeared." (Email Form Report)


      On Monday, June 23, 2003, at 7:03 p.m., spherical
      UFOs were seen over Buenos Aires, the capital of
      According to Argentinian ufologist Ricardo E.
      D'Angelo, the brilliant luminous objects were seen over
      the urban districts of Boedo, Almagro and Chacabuco in
      Buenos Aires. Ricardo reported, "I observed an 'intense
      luminous sphere' over the district of Chacabuco. From my
      position, looking northeast, the object appeared to be 'a
      very luminous sphere, moving at a very, very low altitude
      over the city. It began to disappear as it neared the
      eastern horizon (the Rio de la Plata estuary--J.T.).
      However, it vanished in a series of degrees, gradually
      becoming more and more transparent. It was not a
      satellite, a bolide or a meteor because of its slow
      velocity, and it was last seen heading towards (the
      neighboring country of) Uruguay."
      "A few hours later," Ricardo added, "eyewitnesses in
      the Parque Chacabuco observed 'pulses of anomalous blue
      light' that 'flashed repeatedly for eight minutes before
      disappearing into the east." (Email Form Report)


      On Thursday, June 26, 2003, at 11:33 p.m., Chris R.
      and his girlfriend were on the waterfront in Evanston,
      Illinois (population 74,239) when they spotted something
      unusual in the sky.
      Chris reported, "My girlfriend and I were looking out

      over the lake (Lake Michigan--J.T.) and up in the sky when
      we saw a bright point appear in the sky. It was a dark
      amber color with no blinking lights on it. It was heading
      west also. But two minutes into watching it, it stopped
      in mid-air. Then it moved north for less than 30 seconds,
      where it stopped again and then continued to head west."
      "During the sighting, it never once blinked or made a

      sound or changed in color. We noticed that once it was
      past us, we could still see a very faded color of red on
      top of it. But we still could not make out its shape.
      There were (other) planes in the air. The object had no
      markings, blinks or colors of any kind."
      "I called O'Hare (International) Airport, and they
      said they had no aircraft in the area at the time. This
      is my second (UFO) sighting."
      Evanston, Ill. is on Sheridan Road and Asbury Avenue
      about 6 miles (10 kilometers) north of Chicago. (Email
      Form Report)


      On Sunday, June 22, 2003, at 7:05 p.m., thunderclouds

      over Aurora, Nebraska (population 4,225) unleashed a
      phenomenal fall of hail.
      "National Weather Service officials Monday (June 23,
      2003) investigated what may be the largest hailstone ever
      found in the United States--the result of a storm last
      weekend that produced hail that punched holes in roofs and
      left the ground pocked with one to two-inch (2.5 to 5-
      centimeter) deep craters."
      "Witnesses described the hail as looking like
      'volleyballs falling from the sky.'"
      "Hardest hit was Aurora, Neb.," a community on
      Interstate Highway I-80 approximately 112 miles (179
      kilometers) southwest of Omaha. "The largest hailstone
      there was quickly refrigerated to preserve it. Unofficial
      measurements put its diameter at 6.5 inches (16.25
      "But, because of its egglike shape, the circumference

      (the distance around the outer shell--J.T.) was reportedly
      17.3 inches (43.25 centimeters)."
      "If these measurements hold up, the stone should beat

      the previous U.S. record set" on September 3, 1970, "at
      Coffeyville, Kansas. That hailstone was 5.7 inches (14.25
      centimeters) in diameter; 17.5 inches (43.75
      "Dozens of tornadoes raked the upper Midwest on
      Tuesday," June 24, 2003. In Buffalo Lake, Minnesota
      (population 700)," located about 70 miles (112 kilometers)
      west of Minneapolis, "sirens went off many times and many
      residents recall the sky turning a soupy, eerie shade of
      "Buffalo Lake Police Chief Greg Gowan said he took
      shelter in a building on the city's main street and
      watched in horrified fascination as a giant uprooted fir
      tree performed a graceful, twirling ballet in the air high
      above him."
      "The tornado ripped the roof off the post office and
      didn't leave much intact of the city's grain elevator or
      Zion Lutheran Church."
      "Ten homes were destroyed and about 40 were seriously

      damaged, said Duane Hoeschen, regional program coordinator
      for the Minnesota Division of Homeland Security and
      Emergency Management."
      "In west-central Minnesota, where the storms seemed
      to hit hardest, the rain turned many farm fields into
      ponds. From Buffalo Lake to Dassel to rural Hutchinson,
      winds uprooted oaks and firs, or twisted their trunks
      around as if they were rubber bands."
      "About 50,000 people in outstate (rural) Minnesota
      and parts of Wisconsin, South Dakota and upper Michigan
      lost (electrical) power."
      "Pipestone County (Minnesota) Deputy Sheriff Dale
      Mathews was standing on his front porch about 7 p.m.
      Tuesday when baseball-sized hail started pounding the
      'When they hit the ground, they went thump,' he said,

      'and when they hit the house, they went bang! It was
      clinking my car. I've never seen hail that big here.'"
      "The weather weirdness hasn't been confined to the
      East. A freak summer snowstorm in Wyoming this week left
      (snow) drifts up to 18 inches (45 centimeters) on some
      mountain passes. It also chilled the start of the annual
      Rainbow Family gathering, a counter-culture campout
      expected to draw 20,000 people to northeastern Utah's
      Uintah Mountains through the Fourth of July weekend."
      (See the Chicago Tribune for June 24, 2003, "Nebraska
      hail: It looked like 'volleyballs,' section 2, page 10;
      USA Today for June 26, 2003, "Sodden East finally feels
      heat," page 4A; and the Minneapolis, Minn. Star-Tribune
      for June 26, 2003, "More rain predicted, but no more
      severe storms," page A11.)


      Cryptozoologist and paranormal researcher Loren
      Coleman has turned up new and unusual facts in the mystery
      surrounding "the Curse of The Mothman Prophecies."
      A statistically unusual number of sudden deaths have
      been linked to the opening of the 2002 film, which dealt
      with the strange events around the collapse of the Silver
      Bridge in Point Pleasant, West Virginia on December 15,
      In his latest update, Coleman noted that "Aaron
      Stephen Rebsamen, 14, unexpectedly committed suicide in
      his Fort Smith, Arkansas home. He was the beloved son of
      the well-known cryptozoology artist William Rebsamen, who
      did the cover illustration of Mothman for Coleman's book,
      Mothman and Other Curious Encounters."
      "Under a tight deadline after the publisher rejected
      earlier images from another source, Bill Rebsamen created
      the Mothman painting, overnight, in one creative
      "Witnesses such as Linda Scarberry, upon seeing the
      Rebsamen full-length, colored illustration of Mothman,
      said it is the best drawing, which most matches" the
      creature that "was first seen on November 15, 1966."
      Three days after the boy's unfortunate death, "near
      Webbers Falls (Oklahoma)," about 40 miles (64 kilometers)
      west of Fort Smith, Ark., "fourteen people died after a
      barge collided with an Interstate Highway I-40 bridge,
      sending cars, trucks and trailers into the Arkansas River
      early Sunday morning, May 26, 2002."
      The bridge collapse was eerily similar to the fall of

      the Silver Bridge into the icy Ohio River in December
      "The bridge crossed the McClellan-Kerr Arkansas River

      waterway in eastern Oklahoma. Seven women, seven men and
      at least 10 vehicles were pulled after one of two barges
      pulled by a tugboat struck a pillar, collapsing a 500 to
      600-foot (150 to 180-meter) section of the bridge."
      (Editor's Comment: The "seven women/seven men" theme rang
      a bell in your editor's memory. Then I remembered the
      Greek myth of Jason and the Argonauts. Every year,
      ancient Athens was required to send seven men and seven
      women to the land of Colchis (modern Crimea), to be used
      as human sacrifices.)
      "Among those lost were Andrew Clements, 35, who was
      traveling from California to Woodridge, Virginia; Jeanine
      Cawley, 48, of Lebanon, Oregon; Margaret Green, 45, of
      Stockdale, Texas; Gail Shanahan, 49, of Corpus Christi,
      Texas; Misty Johnson, 28, of Lavaca, Ark.; James Johnson,
      30, of Lavaca, Ark.; Wayne Martin, 49, of Norman, Okla.;
      Susan Martin, 49, of Norman, Okla.; Jerry Gillion, 58, of
      Spiro, Okla.; Patricia Gillion, 57, of Spiro, Okla.; David
      Mueggenborg, 52, of Okarche, Okla.; and Jeanne
      Mueggenborg, 51, also of Okarche, Okla."
      "The Johnsons' three-year-old daughter, Shea Nicole,
      was found floating approximately one-half mile (0.8
      kilometers) south of the bridge. She was one of the 14
      victims pronounced dead. The Johnsons were on their way
      to the Tulsa Zoo."
      Adjusting for time zones, the Webbers Falls bridge
      collapsed into the Arkansas River at the same time the
      "bridge destruction" climax of the film The Mothman
      Prophecies was showing on movie screens in Sydney,
      Australia. The Webbers Falls disaster took place on May
      26, 2002, the very same day The Mothman Prophecies
      premiered in Australia. (Many thanks to Loren Coleman for
      the updated Mothman information. For more, see UFO
      Roundup, volume 8, number 22 for June 18, 2003, "'Mothman
      Curse' may be haunting Hollywood," page 2.)


      "Nearly two weeks after people said they had seen the

      image of the Virgin Mary (birth name: Miriam bat-Joachim)
      on a Milton (Massachusetts) Hospital window, some of the
      faithful who have been flooding there said they have
      spotted another apparition on a hospital chimney."
      "While the majority of the crowd at Milton Hospital
      continues to focus on the window, some have turned their
      attention to the chimney. Some said they see a cross,
      while others said they see another outline of the Virgin
      "Believers said they see the image in the bright red
      brick surrounded by soot, about 5 feet (1.5 meters) from
      the top of the chimney. The chimney is more than 30 yards
      (27 meters) from the hospital window where a chemical
      deposit caused the first apparition."
      "'It's another sign...there is hope for us all, with
      all that is going on in the world,' said Soraya G. Fentas
      of Randolph (Massachusetts)."
      "A hospital spokesman did not return a phone call
      requesting comment."
      "The crowds flooding to the hospital to see the first

      apparition caused hospital officials to request (that)
      visitors come only from 5:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. Hospital
      officials have decided to cover the window with a tarp
      (tarpaulin cloth) the rest of the time. It is not known
      if they will cover the chimney."
      "'It's a miracle because it brought everyone here
      together," said Tanya Velez of Hyde Park," a suburb of
      Boston, Mass. "'It's very emotional to see everyone here
      praying and searching for something to believe in.'"
      "The words spoken most among the 200 or so people at
      the hospital were faith, prayer, peace."
      "Connie Buckley of West Roxbury, Mass.," another
      Boston suburb, said she saw two crosses on the hospital
      "'They're very pronounced,' he said, 'I believe it's
      letting everyone know that God is aware and present, along
      with the Virgin Mary.'"
      "One believer said she saw the Virgin Mary sitting
      down. Another said she saw the Virgin Mary holding the
      baby Jesus on one side of the chimney and her back (was
      displayed) on the other side."
      "The likeness of the Virgin Mary in a window at
      Milton Hospital is likely the product of a chemical
      deposit, the Archdiocese of Boston said. Since the image
      took shape three weeks ago, more than 40,000 people have
      thronged to the hospital to see it."
      Milton, Mass. (population 26,062) is located on Route

      28 approximately 15 miles (25 kilometers) south of Boston.
      (See the Boston Globe for June 24, 2003, "Some say they're
      seeing second image at hospital," page B2. Also USA Today
      for June 30, 2003, "Across the USA: Massachusetts," page
      7A. Many thanks to Robert Fischer for the Boston
      newspaper article.)


      "In their strongest statement yet on the (space
      shuttle) Columbia disaster, investigators said Tuesday
      (June 24, 2003) that flyaway foam from the fuel tank was
      'the most probable cause' of the wing damage that brought
      down the space shuttle almost five months ago."
      "'We've been trying to line up all the Swiss cheese
      holes,' said Roger Tetreault, a member of the Columbia
      Accident Investigation Board. 'I think those holes have
      lined up pretty good.'"
      "Tetreault said he thinks the deadly breach was
      partway down the leading edge of the Columbia's wing, at
      or near carbon panel No. 8."
      "Both the engineering analysis and the shuttle
      wreckage pinpoint that location, he said. That is the
      spot--or close to it--where a one-and-a-half pound chunk
      of foam insulation from the external fuel tank struck
      during liftoff back in January."
      "The Feb. 1 (2003) disaster killed all seven
      astronauts aboard."
      "The board's final report is expected by the end of
      "The board's chairman, retired Navy Adm. Harold
      Gehman Jr. expects to release an interim recommendation to
      NASA soon, possibly as early as this week, that will
      emphasize the need for caution to avoid damage to the
      wings' thermal protection shielding on every flight and to
      repair problems in orbit." (See the Chicago Tribune for
      June 25, 2003, "Shuttle investigators blame foam in
      disaster," page 5.)

      From the UFO Files...

      1942: THE HUNT FOR THE

      Most people think knightly quests in search of the
      Holy Grail were a phenomenon of the Middle Ages. Yet one
      such quest took place right in the middle of World War II.
      This Grail hunt ravaged the Crimea, but the story
      actually begins in the Pyrenees, in a small town called
      Ussat-les-Bains, a hundred years ago. Here two French
      occultists, Antonin Gadal and Rene Nelli, began
      researching Cathar legends and became convinced that the
      Cathars once had possession of the Holy Grail.
      (Editor's Note: The Cathars were a religious sect that
      flourished in Europe from about 800 A.D. to the fall of
      their stronghold, Montsegur, in southern France in 1244
      during the so-called Albigensian Crusade.)
      Gadal and Nelli formed a society called Les Amis de
      Montsegur et le Graal (French for The Friends of Montsegur
      and the Grail). A few years later, Gadal opened "a
      private Cathar museum at the small town of Ussat-les-Bains
      in the Pyrenees with an alleged Cathar connection. He
      also had an extensive library on the subject of the
      Cathars and the Grail...The society--as its name implies--
      believed that a connection existed between the Cathar
      movement and the Grail Romances" of the medieval
      In 1906, French author Josephin Peladan wrote a best-
      selling book on the subject, Le Secret des Troubadours.
      Ussat-les-Bains became a kind of "Roswell of the Cathars."
      Among the occultists who made the pilgrimage there was a
      young German named Otto Rahn.
      Rahn arrived in 1931 and made friends with Gadal.
      While working part-time at a local hotel, Rahn frequented
      Gadal's museum and took voluminous notes on the Holy
      Grail. But when the worldwide Depression worsened in
      1932, Rahn lost his job and drifted back home to Germany.
      During a fruitless search for work in the Fatherland,

      Rahn wrote a book of his own, Kreuzzug gegen den Graal
      (German for Crusade Against the Grail --J.T.) It was as
      big a hit as the Peladan book a quarter-century earlier.
      Gadal's friend, Rene Nelli, translated Rahn's book into
      French, and Croisade contre le Graal soon found a global
      Unfortunately for Rahn, his book caught the eye of a
      fellow German with a pronounced interest in the occult.
      This was Heinrich Himmler, the Reichsfuhrer-SS and Adolf
      Hitler's confidant and secret police chief. Himmler
      "personally invited the author (Rahn) to meet him at his
      Prinz Albrechtstrasse headquarters in Berlin. There he
      offered Rahn a commission in the SS and virtually
      unlimited resources for which Himmler expected Rahn to
      continue his research into the Grail legends, the Cathars
      and related subjects of Aryan interest."
      Weeks later, a liberal friend was horrified when he
      saw Rahn in the black garb of an SS Sturmbannfuhrer.
      "Otto! What are you doing in that uniform!?"
      "My dear fellow," Rahn replied, a bit sheepish, "A
      man has to eat. Himmler himself offered me this job.
      What was I supposed to do--turn him down?"
      So Rahn continued his Holy Grail research and in 1935

      became one of the founders of the SS-Ahnenerbe (German
      acronym for Ancestral Heritage and Research Teaching
      The SS-Ahnenerbe turned up persistent rumors that the

      Holy Grail had been hidden by the Cathars after the fall
      of Montsegur. Trouble was, it was rumored to be in a
      number of different locations throughout Europe--including
      the Crimea.
      One who took a keen interest in the Grail was a
      rising SS man named Otto Ohlendorf.
      Ohlendorf was born February 4, 1907 in Hoheneggelsen
      bei Hildesheim, near Hannover. While a university
      student, he became an enthusiastic partisan of Theosophy
      and devoured many occult books, such as Der Stammbaum der
      Menschen by Annie Besant, Der Weltenschauung der
      Rosenkreuzer oder Mysteriches Christentum by Max Heindel
      and everything by the prolific Dr. Franz Hartmann,
      especially Was ist Theosophie? and Die weisse und schwarze
      (Editor's Note: Dr. Hartmann has a surprising connection
      with the USA's "Old West" and two of its most notorious
      outlaws, Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid. Don't miss
      this feature story when it appears in UFO Roundup.)
      In 1925, while still a student, Ohlendorf joined the
      Nazionalsozialische Deutschesarbeiterspartei (NSDAP,
      better known as the Nazi Party--J.T.). He joined the SS
      in 1926 and, after obtaining his law degree, went to work
      at the Institute for World Economics in Kiel.
      He rose rapidly in the SS during the 1930s, joining
      the SS- Sicherheitdienst (German for SS Security Service--
      J.T.) in May 1936 with the rank of Sturmbannfuhrer. With
      the outbreak of war in September 1939, "he became chief of
      the SD-Inland (Interior--J.T.) section in the
      Reichssicherheitshauptamt (German for Empire Main Security
      Office or RSHA--J.T.) with the rank of Standartenfuhrer."
      Although never a formal member of the SS-Ahnenerbe,
      and never that chummy with Himmler, Ohlendorf retained his
      interest in Theosophy. His SS comrades had a nickname for
      him--Der Graalritter (The Grail Knight).
      When Hitler invaded the Soviet Union in June 1941,
      Himmler named Ohlendorf the field commander of
      Einsatzgruppe D. "Since the German leadership expected
      the war in Russia to last only a few months, the
      Einsatzgruppen received orders to slaughter the Jews as
      quickly as possible. This would give the appearance that
      the war had produced the killings, not that the killers
      had perpetrated such a policy purposely."
      At the briefing, Himmler gave Ohlendorf a mission
      with three objectives.
      (1) Since Jews supposedly "formed the intellectual
      reservoir of Bolshevism in the East," Ohlendorf's
      Einsatzgruppe was to kill them on sight.
      (2) Take the Crimea away from Stalin's Soviet Union
      and turn it into "the Riviera of the Reich."
      (3) Capture the Holy Grail and remove it from its
      Cathar hideaway in the Crimea.
      (Editor's Comment: It is unclear exactly why Himmler
      wanted the Grail. It's possible that Himmler, a great
      believer in Hindu world-ages, intended to use the Grail in
      a grand magickal working at Wewelsburg that would have
      brought about the end of the Kali Yuga.)
      On December 13, 1941, Ohlendorf struck hard at
      Simferopol, the largest city in the Crimea. "In an Aktion
      (pogrom--J.T.) that lasted three days, 14,300 Jews from
      Simferopol were murdered by the SS."
      (Editor's Note: Simferopol was the site of an earlier
      massacre on October 18, 1905, carried out by the Soyuz
      Russkevo Narodnya, (Union of the Russian People) better
      known as the Black Hundreds, a home-grown Russian Nazi
      party that flourished during the early 1900s.)
      As German forces advanced through the peninsula, the
      SS raided synagogues like the Karaim Kenass and ancient
      sites like the Keremchik fortress and the Kebir Djami
      mosque in Simferopol, the palace of Princess Dzhanike-
      Hanym in Bakhchisarai and the caves of Chufut-Kaleh.
      Next it was the turn of the Masonic lodges. "It was
      (Nazi visionary Alfred) Rosenberg who ordered that
      Freemason temples" in the Crimea "be looted by Einsatz
      commandos and their contents shipped back to him in
      Berlin, an order cheerfully carried out by Franz Six and
      Otto Ohlendorf."
      No lodges were spared as Ohlendorf marched down the
      coast--Alushta, Gurzuf, Massandra, Yalta, Livadiya,
      Kurpaty, Gaspra--the SS sacked them all.
      By the time the Crimean campaign ended in July 1942,
      Ohlendorf "had directed the murders of some 90,000
      civilians." Of them, 50,000 were Karaite Jews, a
      community that had lived on the peninsula since 300 B.C.
      But the Holy Grail was not found.
      For his service in the Crimea, Hitler awarded
      Ohlendorf the Military Service Cross (a.k.a. the Iron
      Cross--J.T.), Class 1 with swords. Ohlendorf was
      appointed to a high-ranking position in the SS and
      remained at Himmler's side until the war ended in 1945.
      Tried for war crimes by the Nuremberg Military
      Tribunal, Ohlendorf was found guilty and condemned to
      death. He spent the last few years of his life as one of
      the "red jackets" (Death Row prisoners--J.T.) at the
      Landsberg am Lech prison.
      Although the Grail had eluded him, Ohlendorf remained

      convinced that some day the priceless artifact would be
      found. On the eve of his execution, he told the Allied
      prosecutor Benjamin Ferencz: "The Grail will rise again.
      The Jews in America will suffer for what you have done to
      On June 7, 1951, Ohlendorf and three other
      Einsatzgruppen leaders were hanged at Landsberg. The Holy
      Grail remains hidden. (See the books Unholy Alliance by
      Peter Levenda, Continuum International Publishing Group,
      London, 2003, pages 114, 115, 210 and 211; Hitler's Shadow
      War by Donald M. McKale, Cooper Square Press, New York,
      N.Y., page 198; Masters of Death by Richard Rhodes, Alfred
      A. Knopf Inc., New York, N.Y., 2002, pages 274 and 275;
      The Encyclopedia of the Third Reich, volume 2, Macmillan
      Publishing Co., New York, N.Y., 1991, page 665; and
      Encyclopedia of the Holocaust, volume 2, Macmillan
      Publishing Co., New York, N.Y., 1990, page 1084.)

      That's it for this week. Join us next time for more
      UFO, Fortean and paranormal news from around the planet
      Earth, brought to you by "the paper that goes home--UFO
      Roundup." See you in seven days.

      UFO ROUNDUP: Copyright 2003 by Masinaigan Productions, all
      rights reserved. Readers may use news items from UFO
      Roundup on their Web sites or in news groups provided that
      they credit the newsletter and its editor by name and list
      the date of issue in which the item first appeared.

      E-Mail Reports to: Joseph Trainor <Masinaigan@...>
      or use the Sighting Report Form at:


      Website comments: John Hayes <webmaster@...>

      UFOINFO: http://www.ufoinfo.com

      Official Archives of UFO Roundup, AUFORN Australian
      UFO Reports and Experiences, UFO + PSI Magazine, plus
      archives of Filer's Files, Oz Files, UFO News UK and
      UFO Sightings Italia.
      UFO Roundup is only sent to subscribers.
      If you wish to unsubscribe or feel you have received
      the bulletin in error, please write to:


      With the subject: Unsubscribe UFO Roundup.
    Your message has been successfully submitted and would be delivered to recipients shortly.