Important Public Announcement and Final 2003 Conference Updates

  • The ARC ~ Alternate Realities Center
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 26, 2003
      Hello Everyone...

      This is just a little note with pre-cursor to a very important public
      announcement that you will receive shortly following this year's annual
      public awareness event beginning tomorrow - Friday June 27th and continuing
      through Sunday - June 29th, with our main event being Saturday June 28th...
      Our final press release concerning this year's event will follow...

      PUBLIC ANNOUNCEMENT: As of July 1, 2003 the United States UFO Information
      and Research Center is growing and expanding our horizons to encompass more
      of the world of mystery, more of the unknown, more of the sacred... We are
      becoming "The ARC ~ Alternate Realities Center"... The American UFO Journal
      will become "The ARC ~ Alternate Realities Chronicles"... Our Email address
      will be changing to Director@...... Our annual public
      awareness event will remain "The ARC ~ Alternate Realities Conference which
      will be held, tentatively (updates to follow) at the Gatlinburg Convention
      Center located in Gatlinburg, Tennessee ~ gateway to the Smoky Mountains
      National Park and the Blue Ridge Parkway... and last, but certainly not the
      least... Our website will undergo extensive remodeling over the course of
      the next several weeks and our primary domain name will changing to
      Www.AlternateRealities.orG

      If you are joining us for our Friday evening program, the location is the
      Rotary Pavilion in Elizabethton, TN beginning at 7:30 PM unless you have
      reservations for dinner... All of those with a reservation for dinner on
      Friday evening will need to be at the pavilion by 5:45 PM to be seated
      sharply at 6 PM... The location is behind Tetrick Funeral Home located at
      211 N RIVERSIDE DR, ELIZABETHTON, TN 37643... The conference hotline number
      is (423) 943-6477... If you need directions to the Rotary Pavilion, you can
      call Tetrick Funeral Home at (423) 542-2232...

      LAST MINUTE CANCELLATIONS: We have had some minor changes to our Saturday
      line-up of speakers... Those being two cancellations... Adam Sorg who was
      speaking on Spook Lights, who had to cancel due to a last minute family
      emergency... and Michael McDonnough who is involved with a never ending
      search for funding for his marvelous work... We wish these two speakers all
      the best... In their stead will be Stacey Allen McGee, with the most recent
      and astonishing developments with our investigations of the "Tennessee
      Bigfoot", who will be making a startling presentation concerning the same
      entitled "The Buffalo Mountain Bigfoot"...

      Please drive safely this weekend... We will all of you happy blessings...
      For all of you who can not make it to this year's exciting public awareness
      event, we wish you all the best, and hope that you can join us for our 10
      YEAR ANNIVERSARY EVENT, already in planning for June 2004... Here is the
      latest and final press release on this year's exciting conference event...

      The ARC ~ Alternate Realities Conference
      Elizabethton and Roan Mountain Tennessee
      Friday, Saturday, and Sunday ~ June 27th, 28th, and 29th

      The ARC 2003 ~ FOREWORD

      In the White Mountains of Arizona, November 1975, a logger disappeared for
      five days following a mysterious encounter with an object hovering above
      the tree line. His co-workers, who all passed lie detector tests given four
      times throughout their lives, watched helplessly as the object immobilized
      their friend with a blue beam of light. Leaving the scene in utter terror,
      one of them returned to the scene just minutes later only to find that
      their friend was gone!

      "Fire In The Sky: The Walton Experience" was the book that emerged from the
      mutual experience of those frightened individuals who were present at that
      strange and fateful encounter. A major motion picture entitled "Fire in The
      Sky", starring the actors James Garner, D.B. Sweeney, and Robert Patrick,
      was released in 1993 and was based upon the true story of "The Walton
      Experience".

      In June 2003, the United States UFO Information and Research Center welcomes
      Mr. Travis Walton to "The ARC ~ Alternate Realities Conference", to be held
      in Elizabethton and Roan Mountain, Tennessee, where he will share the story
      of his incredible encounter for the first time ever in Southern Appalachia.
      Walton has traveled extensively to relate this incident to the residents of
      several countries around the world, including the United States.

      The main event will be presented at the Roan Mountain Conference Center on
      Saturday, June 28th, and is open to everyone, however, seating is limited.
      The ARC 2003 website offers full details about conference events,
      registration and admission, travel arrangements, camping and other
      accommodations. Links provided on the conference website offer additional
      information on other interesting attractions located at scenic Roan
      Mountain State Park.

      In addition to our Key Note Speaker - Travis Walton, this year's conference
      speakers will delve into other paranormal areas, as well as the history and
      technology to UFOs. Among the topics will be the "Tennessee Bell Witch" one
      of the South's most famous hauntings. Speakers will also give eyewitness
      accounts of Bigfoot, a creature said to be living today in remote mountain
      areas of Tennessee. Conference-goers will also hear about the mysterious
      orbs of light witnessed right here in the Tennessee, Virginia, and North
      Carolina mountains.

      This year's "Master of Ceremonies" is Michael W. Combs who will introduce
      this year's exciting line-up of speakers which will include the following
      honorary guests, not necessarily in this order of appearance:

      1) Stacey Allen McGee, presenting the Founders Address, and "The Buffalo
      Mountain Bigfoot"
      2) Travis Walton, presenting "Fire in the Sky: The Walton Experience"
      3) Sherry Lee Malin, VP Field Investigations will present "The Tennessee
      Bigfoot"
      4) Pat A. Fitzhugh will discuss his book "The Tennessee Bell Witch: The Full
      Account"
      5) Jeffrey Morgan Foss on his own "Life-Long Contact Experiences with
      Extraterrestrials"
      6) Beth Rigby, will talk about and demonstrate "Global Dance; Where Yoga
      Meets Dance"
      7) Constance Clear, "Reaching For Reality: Seven Incredible True Stories of
      Alien Abduction"
      8) Earle Benezet will tell the story of "UFOs ~ Past, Present, and Future"

      The ARC 2003 ~ EVENT INFORMATION AND DETAILS

      What and When: The next public awareness gathering of the United States UFO
      Information and Research Center will be held on the last weekend of June
      from Friday evening, June 27th through Sunday afternoon, June 29th.

      Day One, Friday, June 27th: "An Evening With The Speakers", will be held at
      "Rotary Park" near the Historic Covered Bridge in Elizabethton, Tennessee.
      As a first for any of our public awareness conferences, we are proud to host
      a band from Nashville, Tennessee called the "Frantic Radio Beings" who have
      graciously offered to provide the entertainment during the Friday evening
      program. Get "Taken Away" with musical themes catering to the alien contact
      experience.

      Rotary Park, the location of our Friday evening program, is only a five
      minute drive from either of the accommodating hotels for The ARC 2003.
      Hotels for the conference include the Days Inn and the Comfort Inn of
      Elizabethton, Tennessee. All area hotels and their contact information can
      also be found on the Conference Website Index.

      Anyone may attend the "Concert at Rotary Park" beginning at 7:30 P.M., but
      dinner will be RSVP, to be served sharply at 6 P.M. Advance reservations
      are required. Dinner will be provided for a donation of $20 per person, but
      seating is limited. If you would like to eat with, meet, and greet this
      year's speakers, you must indicate this in the designated area of the
      Conference Registration Form. Immediately following the performance of the
      band, between 8:15 P.M. and 8:30 P.M., our honored speakers will present a
      brief five minute overview of their presentations scheduled for the main
      event on Saturday, June 28th.

      The sponsor of this year's ninth annual public awareness conference is the
      United States UFO Information and Research Center founded in February 1994.
      The Founder, Stacey Allen McGee, will present the annual "Welcome and
      Orientation Address" on Friday evening at 7 P.M. immediately following the
      RSVP dinner with our honored guests.

      Day Two, Saturday, June 28th: The main conference event will take place at
      Roan Mountain State Park, with registration beginning at 9 A.M. at the
      Conference Center located directly across from the park amphitheater and
      right off the main road which meanders through the park. No registrations
      will be processed after 9:45 A.M. with the conference beginning sharply at
      10 A.M. that morning. The Conference Center is very well marked and easily
      spotted from the road with plenty of parking on site.

      Speaker Line-Up: The ARC 2003 Master of Ceremonies will be Michael Combs who
      will introduce this year's exciting line-up of esteemed speakers including
      Sherry Lee Malin, Adam Sorg, Michael McDonnough, Pat Fitzhugh, Constance
      Clear, Earle Benezet, Beth Rigby, and Jeffrey Morgan Foss. Our 2003 Key
      Note speaker is Travis Walton, author of the book entitled "Fire In The Sky:
      The Walton Experience", on which the movie "Fire In The Sky" was based,
      starring D.B. Sweeney and James Garner.

      Day Three, Sunday, June 29th: Again, weather permitting, festivities will
      continue on Sunday! Esteemed speaker Beth Rigby will be presenting a
      special demonstration of "Global Dance" high atop Roan Mountain at the
      beautiful and mysterious "Cloudland Park" located 6,400 feet up, beginning
      promptly at 10 A.M. This will be a wonderful way to invigorate your senses
      while enjoying the mountain environment.

      Sunday Picnic and Group Tour: everyone is invited to join us for a guided,
      group tour of the World's Highest Rhododendron Gardens, at the peak of
      their bloom this time of year. While on the tour, we will stop by a spot
      that actually could be a regular UFO landing site for something very
      unusual. Don't forget to bring your cameras for a very unique picture
      taking opportunity. Be sure to bring along a picnic lunch, not provided,
      while you enjoy the many breathtaking views from the top of Roan Mountain.
      Lunch will be from 12 P.M. to 12:45 P.M. Parking fees for Cloudland Park and
      the Rhododendron Gardens are $3 per vehicle.

      Registration Cost Summary: Admission Donations for Saturday and Sunday ~
      28th and 29th ~ are $50 per adult if postmarked before June 23rd, $20 per
      child 12 and under. Admission will be a minimum donation of $65 at the door
      on Saturday morning and one price covers all presentations. You must arrive
      by 9 AM to be admitted to the conference. Reserved seating for the evening
      of Friday, June 27th, including dinner with the speakers, is an additional
      $20 donation per person. All programs of the conference are limited to
      seating.

      Conference Videos, Shirts, and Coffee Mugs: The ARC 2003 Conference will be
      professionally video taped to preserve the essence of this memorable event.
      To reserve your limited edition copy of The ARC 2003 Video, or pickup your
      very own conference/organization T-shirts, sweatshirts, or coffee mugs
      please visit our online store ~ "The E.T. Outlet" ~ from our website main
      directory at www.USUFOCenter.com.

      For additional conference details please visit the conference website at
      Www.AlternateRealities.orG. If you have any questions, comments, or concerns
      regarding this year's conference program, please feel free to contact us by
      email at USUFOCenter@... or call (423) 943-6477. Conference
      Inquiries may also be mailed to: The ARC ~ Alternate Realities Center, Post
      Office Box 153, Unicoi, TN 37692 USA.

      Clear Skies, and Happy Skywatching!

      Stacey Allen McGee
      Founder and National Director
      The ARC ~ Alternate Realities Center
      Www.AlternateRealities.orG

      Email: Director@...
      Mailing Address: Post Office Box 153, Unicoi, TN 37692 USA
      Extraordinary Experiences & Sightings Hotline: (423) 735-0848
      Office Telephone and Meeting Information: (423) 943-6477

      Quotes: "Chance favors the prepared mind..." ~ Lewis Pasteur

      "The best scientist is open to experience and begins with romance - the idea
      that anything is possible." ~ Ray Bradbury

      "The biggest question facing humanity is not when are we going to learn, but
      rather when are we going to act according to what we already know." ~
      Author Unknown

      NOTE: The name of this organization was formerly the United States UFO
      Information and Research Center @ www.USUFOCenter.com