Fwd = MEGA UPDATE from GUST

    Message 1 of 1 , May 1, 2003
      Originally from: Jan-Ove Sundberg <jan.sundberg@...>
      Original Subject: MEGA UPDATE from GUST
      Original Date: Thu, 01 May 2003 12:48:29 +0200

      Hi!

      This mega update consists of four lengthy features. I hope they will keep
      you occupied for a while because there wont be another update until 1 June
      if, that is, a breaking news don´t come along.

      The reason is that I´m writing my first novel, a what-would-happen-if...
      thriller set in Sweden with ingredients that shows that those we suppose
      are running a country are not, and secrets that fall into your lap are best
      disposed of unless you want to be disposed of yourself.

      I have published two books previously, both documentaries. The first one,
      PHANTOM SUBMARINES, was about foreign submarine intrusions in the Baltics
      during the Cold War and the second, THE GREAT LAKE MONSTER, about Storsie.

      If my first novel is sellable I will write another four or five, but most
      of all I would like to continue to write documentaries, because they remind
      me about my happy days as a freelance journalist, working in the field. I
      miss that.

      Updates in May:

      LAND OF THE KELPIES
      The Loch Ness Monster is not alone, only the most well-known of the
      Scottish beasts.
      Eminent Irish writer Peter Costello, whom I met at Lough Ree in June 2001,
      lists most of them in his excellent old book "In Search of Lake
      Monsters", Garnstone Press, London 1974. Costello is now working on a new
      book and GUST takes a closer look at what you can expect from a visit in
      the Scottish Highlands...

      SWEDISH LAKE MONSTERS
      The Summer of 2003 will certainly not be as the picture above, in northern
      Sweden.
      What we want to illustrate is just that the northern lake monsters like it
      as good in a cold climate as in a warm one. But Swedish lake monsters are
      not only in the north and in Lake Storsjon, they are in fact all over our
      country, so what ever part you chose to visit, you have a chance to
      either see something yourself or meet someone who has.

      THE SEA SERPENT THAT CRYPTOZOOLOGY FORGOT
      Close to 40 years ago a French photographer and explorer took pictures of
      the animal above. It has never been identified and many authors,
      researchers and cryptozoologists believe it´s a fake. But we don´t think
      so and GUST has taken a new look at old and new facts of the case...

      THE NESSIE BABY
      Among the final days of Operation Cleansweep in April-May 2001, a British
      reporter asked me if I had heard that a "sea serpent egg" had been planted
      in Lake Vattern, Southern Sweden, which would spawn a full adult monster
      in another 50 years? First I thought it had to be a News of the World
      story, because that newspaper is always making such stories up but other
      reporters confirmed it happened in Sweden.

      Best Regards,
      Jan Sundberg, Expedition Leader
      GUST