OT - Request for Info!

  • Tim Edwards
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 6, 2003
      This is sort-of off topic but I thought this forum would be the best
      place to receive reviews, comments, and/or opinions of the following
      texts I just acquired.

      Witnessed - The True Story of the Brooklyn Bridge UFO Abductions
      by Bud Hopkins
      c. 1996 (Pocket Books: Mass Market Paperback)

      and

      We Are Not Alone - The Search for Intelligent Life on Other Worlds (New
      Revised Edition)
      by Walter Sullivan
      C. 1964-66 (Hardcover: McGraw Hill)

      I would appreciate any comments on these two, which could assist in
      rating their 'importance and/or relevance' for future reading (I
      already have a substantial list waiting to be read, and as it says
      below...seems there's 'so little time' for everything anymore!).

      --
      *So much to learn and so little time!*

      DreamScape
      http://tedwards.topcities.com/dreamscape.htm

    • visions
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 6, 2003
        All I can say Tim is that I found Witnessed rivetting!
        It reads like a James Bond novel and the only thing which stops me believing it is one, is that I have a certain respect for Budd Hopkins.
        Read this one first and let us know what you think.
        Dave Haith
[...]

        ufonet-subscribe@yahoogroups.com

        further investigation.

      • bethjoy20@aol.com
        Message 3 of 4 , Apr 6, 2003
          I agree - "Witnessed" was a great read.

          In a message dated 4/6/2003 5:34:23 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
          visions@... writes:

          > All I can say Tim is that I found Witnessed rivetting!
          > It reads like a James Bond novel

        • Roger Anderton
          Message 4 of 4 , Apr 6, 2003
            > We Are Not Alone - The Search for Intelligent Life on Other Worlds (New
            > Revised Edition)
            > by Walter Sullivan
            > C. 1964-66 (Hardcover: McGraw Hill)

            I haven't read this book, but this type of book is usually irrelevant,
            because :

            (1) they do not start from Tesla, and usually don't mention him.
            (2) they don't mention the Theory that existed between Newton's era and
            Einstein's era.

            -Roger