JOHN BINDERNAGEL - on The Lou Gentile Show - Fri. 3/7/2003

  • Aerielle Louise
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 7, 2003
      From Aerielle Louise
      THE LOU GENTILE SHOW
      http://www.lougentile.com/

      Join us Fri. evening - March 7, 2003
      for an interesting, informative
      discussion with:

      JOHN BINDERNAGEL
      A Wildllife Biologist searching for asquatch

      http://www.island.net/~johnb/

      Book: NORTH AMERICA'S GREAT APE: the SASQUATCH A
      wildlife biologist looks at the continent's most
      misunderstood large mammal

      Starting at 10 PM EST on the internet and
      your local AM & FM stations.

      THE LOU GENTILE SHOW
      10 PM to 1 AM Eastern Time US
      http://www.lougentile.com/index2.html
      Audio links on website

      FREE Call In during the show"
      1-800-594-9270

      FREE Archives available:
      http://www.lougentile.com/streamingarchives.html

      Check out our Guest Calendar:
      http://www.lougentile.com/calendar.html

      Use the Time Zone Converter to
      co-ordinate times:
      http://www.timezoneconverter.com/cgi-bin/tzc.tzc

      MEET JOHN BINDERNAGEL

      http://www.island.net/~johnb/

      Book: NORTH AMERICA'S GREAT APE: the SASQUATCH A
      wildlife biologist looks at the continent's most
      misunderstood large mammal

      John Bindernagel

      I am a wildlife biologist who is seriously
      studying the sasquatch (bigfoot) in North America.
      My interest in this animal began in 1963 when I
      was a third year student in wildlife management at
      the University of Guelph in Ontario, Canada. My
      field work began in 1975 when our family moved to
      British Columbia, partly in order for me to begin
      field work on this species. In 1988, my wife and I
      found several sasquatch tracks in good condition
      in the mountains not far from our home on
      Vancouver Island. Plaster casts which we made from
      these tracks provide the only tangible evidence I
      have for the existence of the sasquatch. But
      wildlife biologists regularly depend on tracks and
      other wildlife sign as evidence for the presence
      of bears, deer, wolves, and other mammals. We
      recognize that tracks constitute more reliable and
      persistent evidence of a mammal species than a
      fleeting glimpse of the animal itself. Although I
      now have no doubt regarding the existence of the
      sasquatch, this was not always the case. However
      now that I am satisfied that the sasquatch is a
      real animal, subject to study and examination like
      any other large mammal, I am much more concerned
      with addressing ecological questions such as how
      it overwinters in the colder regions of North
      America, than with dwelling on the controversy of
      whether it does or does not exist. I remain aware,
      however, that many people are not aware of the
      large volume of information that exists about this
      species and I understand why others are less ready
      than I am to treat it as a real animal. For this
      reason I began writing a book on the sasquatch in
      1996. The book is entitled:

      NORTH AMERICA'S GREAT APE: the SASQUATCH A
      wildlife biologist looks at the continent's most
      misunderstood large mammal

      It has just been published by Beachcomber Books
      and is now available from the publisher. Orders
      may be placed by mail, e-mail, or by phone through
      a toll-free order line. The price is U.S.$ 25.00
      postpaid. Payment can be made by money order, VISA
      and Mastercard.

      ISBN 0-9682887-0-7 270 pages including 9
      appendixes, 5 tables, 560 supporting endnotes, and
      a glossary. 24 pages of illustrations including 27
      photographs and 10 drawings. 5 1/2 x 8 1/2 inches,
      perfect bound.

      Beachcomber Books PO Box 3286 Courtenay, BC CANADA
      V9N 5N4 beachcom@...

      Toll Free Order Number: 1-800-487-1494

      http://www.island.net/~johnb/