Loading ...
Sorry, an error occurred while loading the content.

UFO ROUNDUP, Volume 8 Number 10

Expand Messages
  • John Hayes
    Posted on behalf of Joseph Trainor. ========================== UFO ROUNDUP Volume 8, Number 10 March 5, 2003 Editor: Joseph Trainor
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 4, 2003
      Posted on behalf of Joseph Trainor.


      Volume 8, Number 10
      March 5, 2003
      Editor: Joseph Trainor



      Northern Argentina was in turmoil last week as
      reports poured in about a tall, Bigfoot-like creature
      sighted near Rosario de la Frontera, a small city 150
      kilometers (90 miles) south of Salta, the provincial
      "Three residents of the barrio Juan Domingo Peron
      (neighborhood) claimed having seen the strange, 2-meter (6
      feet, 6 inches) tall biped whose existence has kept all
      residents of Rosario de la Frontera on edge after
      terrifying and detailed accounts by people who claim
      having been attacked by the strange beast."
      "The new reports were from Demetrio Villalba, 43;
      Eleuteria del Carmen Alvarez, 72, and Nerida del Valle
      Marearena, 53, who, in spite of living in different parts
      of the residential subdivision and not knowing each other,
      made almost identical descriptions of the creature they
      had seen at around the same time on the morning of January
      13 (2003)."
      "The initial reports on the animal, described as a
      fierce plantigrade of large size and humanoid mien, were
      reported by rancher Rogelio Martinez some two years ago
      (2001), who has since then made numerous reports about the
      beast devouring his (ranch) animals on a recurrent basis."
      "Reports on sightings and traumatic encounters with
      the animal intensified in recent days, according to
      reports by El Tribuno in its two previous issues."
      "Pedro Villalba, who resides at Soldado Madrid
      (Street) 245 in the barrio Peron, said that 'in the early
      hours of January 13, alarmed by the barking and howling of
      the dogs, I looked out the window and saw it. It was an
      enormous hairy animal. I couldn't believe it. It was
      walking on two legs and waddled from one side to another,
      waving its arms, which ended in thick, curved claws. The
      dogs growled, barked and howled but did not dare attack
      it. It suddenly broke into a run and became lost in the
      "Eleuteria del Carmen Alvarez and Nerida del Valle
      Marearena, mother and daughter, offered an analagous
      account: 'The time was approximately 3 in the morning.
      Our dog howled desperately, squirming around, and was
      peeing herself out of sheer fright. We went outside to
      see what was happening, and we saw it. It was horrible.
      Enormous with clawed hands and covered in hair from head
      to toe. We were almost paralyzed with fright when we saw
      it because, at a given moment, it turned its head toward
      the window we were looking through. However, it kept on
      walking, turned at the next block towards the east and we
      didn't see it again, although we could hear dogs howling
      throughout the neighborhood--they had gone crazy. If we
      didn't mention this before, it was out of a sense of shame
      (and not wanting to be) dismissed as lunatics. But now
      that the story has come out and other people have seen the
      same thing we did, we've decided to tell of our own
      experience to see if our accounts can assist in solving
      this enigma.'"
      "Patricio Saldano, custodian of the municipal garbage

      dump" in Rosario de la Frontera "and his family had quite
      a fright on (Sunday) February 23 (2003) at 10 p.m.
      Alerted by the howling of his hounds, who ran frantically
      from one side to the other in the vicinity of a pig pen,
      lighting a flashlight (torch in UK--J.T.), he went out to
      "'I couldn't believe it, Less than 10 meters (33
      feet) away was the strange hairy animal that people have
      reported, standing on two legs. It was like an enormous
      monkey. It made no noise. It just looked at me fixedly
      with its red eyes and every so often moved its powerful
      arms to frighten my dogs, who were harassing it but not
      attacking,'" Saldano said.
      (Editor's Note: Saldano's description of 'an enormous
      monkey' suggests that the creature might be a Mapinguary,
      or South American Bigfoot, which is usually seen in the
      jungles of Brazil and Bolivia. This mapinguary must have
      wandered south out of the pantanal into the rain forest of
      northern Argentina.)
      "'The beast, belonging to a species I had never seen
      in books, had (finger) nails as long as daggers, which
      shined in the light,' he said."
      "Patricio is 62 years old and has been in charge of
      the municipal dump for 15 years. He lives there with his
      wife, three male children, an 8-year-old daughter and a 4-
      year-old granddaughter."
      "When the encounter occurred, he was in the company
      of his wife and the girls. 'I didn't believe the story
      everyone's talking about,' he stated, referring to
      eyewitness claims about being attacked in Arroyo Salado, 6
      kilometers (4 miles) east of" Rosario's main plaza.
      "'But some days ago, a man came around these parts
      (Juan Carlos Rivas--J.T.) to ask if I had seen a colt he'd
      lost. Later I found out that it was discovered
      hereabouts, dead and devoured. That's why, when the dogs
      barked, I thought about the pigs. And it dawned on me
      that it could be an old puma (cougar or mountain lion in
      the USA--J.T.). But there it was: quiet and looking at me
      intently. Suddenly, it turned on a heel and began to walk
      "'It was an animal, but it walked like a man.'
      Saldano said that his wife and two girls were able to see
      the creature from a distance. 'I've told them not to go
      out at night or wander away from the house.'" (See the
      newspaper El Tribuno of Salta, Argentina for February 22,
      2003, "New eyewitness accounts of strange bipedal animal,"
      and for February 28, 2003, "Strange hairy biped terrorizes
      family." Muchas gracias a Scott Corrales y Cristian
      Hernan Quintero para eses articulos de diario.)
      (Editor's Comment: And welcome to Creatures on the Loose
      Week here at UFO Roundup. The weird critters were having
      a field day last week, so read on...)


      "Some 20 rabbits were found dead yesterday (Saturday,

      February 22, 2003) in some cages of the barrio Ollas of
      Santa Isabel," near Ponce, Puerto Rico.
      "Residents accused the Chupacabras of perpetrating
      the brutal slayings."
      "The incident allegedly occurred in the early hours
      of the morning in the backyard of the house owned by
      William Maldonado Sanchez. There were several rabbit
      cages at the site, but the only cages attacked were the
      ones containing female specimens."
      "Maldonado's neighbors claim having heard noises
      coming from the backyard at around 1 a.m. but didn't
      notice anything strange. Maldonado did not blame the
      Chupacabras for the events--he said that something strange
      had happened in the backyard; only four of the rabbits
      showed signs of violence; one of the four had a wound on
      the neck; another two had abdominal injuries; and another
      had scratches on its paw. Some of the rabbits were found
      dead in the cages; others on the ground near the entrance
      of the house. The male rabbits were spared, he says,
      because their cage was stronger."
      "Maldonado Sanchez, who phoned the police to report
      the incident, explained that he had female rabbits for
      purposes of raising the animals commercially...It was
      reported yesterday that a (foot) print with three
      prominent indentations was found under one of his cages."
      On Friday, February 21, 2003, "Channel 4 (TV)
      reported animal mutilations in La Cuchilla de Candelero
      Debaso in Humacao," a port city on the eastern shore of
      Puerto Rico.
      "The television report states that an unknown animal
      killed all of the pigs in their pens and ripped apart 9
      male rabbits, leaving one female alone. It was also noted
      that a duck survived the assault."
      "Eyewitnesses were only able to see a shadowy form
      that ran away. At the scene of that incident, it was
      possible to recover a plaster cast of a feline paw print.
      The print is in the custody of the (Puerto Rican)
      Department of Natural Resources. The (Channel 4) video
      documentary also shows scratches on the pens' wooden parts
      which were apparently made by the animal in question."
      "The Channel 4 report was prepared by Epron Arroyo
      and photojournalist Humberto Mercado Nazario. (The reader
      must be aware that there are no predatory feline species
      native to Puerto Rico--S.C.)"
      "Another incident took place during the early hours
      of (Monday) February 17 (2003) in a neighborhood in the
      city of Anasco on Puerto Rico's western coast. In this
      event, 26 rabbits were mutilated, presenting different
      injuries. Some of them were torn apart."
      "An elderly man reported hearing shrill squeals and
      the sensation that a humanoid form was leaping over the
      rooftops. Another witness reported not hearing any
      sounds, but that his dogs were nervous and frightened to
      such an extent that they hid under the bed." (See the
      Puerto Rican newspaper El Nuevo Dia for February 23, 2003,
      "Intriguing death of 20 rabbits." Muchas gracias a Scott
      Corrales, Dr. Jose I. Gomez, Lucy Guzman y Orlando Pla
      para eses informes.)


      The weird black-panther-like creature sometimes known

      as the Outback Terror made a surprise appearance last week
      in Lithgow, New South Wales, Australia. Lithgow has a long
      history of such sightings.
      "Just when you thought that Lithgow's mysterious
      'black panther' had departed when the October (2002)
      bushfires ripped through his familiar terrain, then think
      again. Old Blackie is back!"
      "The latest sighting, the first in more than six
      months, left a young woman badly shaken by her
      "The Lithgow woman was one of a group of animal
      welfare volunteers who have been seeking to retrieve a
      batch of kittens they heard had been dumped on the
      hillside behind Morts Estate," a local subdivision.
      "The trio had commented during the week on the number

      of unusually large paw prints they had encountered along
      Farmers Creek."
      "Just on dusk on Saturday night (February 22, 2003)
      one member of the group went to inspect cat traps along
      the railway line that lead to the State Mine Museum when
      she had what she described as the most frightening
      experience of her life."
      "The woman said it was about 8:20 p.m. when she heard

      a loud scuffling noise in the bushes nearby which she
      thought was a wild pig."
      "It was then that she saw 'a very large cat-like
      animal' that she said was 'definitely not a dog.'"
      "She had a good view of the animal before it moved
      away, covering more than 10 metres (33 feet) in just two
      "'It was leaping, not running like a dog,' she said."
      (Editor's Comment: Rex Gilroy and other Australian
      paranormal researchers believe that the Outback Terror is
      an unknown species of marsupial predator, which evolved
      over millions of years within Australia's marsupial-
      dominated ecosystem.)
      "Leaping" rather than running suggests that it might be a
      marsupial rather than a feline and similar to the
      kangaroo, which is also a marsupial.)
      "The woman, who did not wish to be identified
      'because people think you're mad when you report these
      things,' ran in a terrified state to a nearby house for
      "She later reported the sighting to Lithgow police."
      "The woman was still visibly shaken when she spoke to

      the Mercury the next morning."
      "'There's no way I'll be going back on that
      mountain,' she said."
      "She and her two companions indicated the large paw
      prints in the sand beside the creek, but they (the prints)
      had been affected by the overnight rain."
      "The paw prints did not show any claw marks and were
      bigger than those left by a large Rottweiler (dog) owned
      by one of the group."
      "The Lithgow Panther gained national publicity some
      18 months ago when residents filmed a very large cat-like
      animal around the mountain close to a block of town houses
      on Mort Street."
      "Experts who examined the film were unable to
      identify the animal with any degree of certainty."
      "Since then, there have been other unexplained
      sightings in the general area, further around the mountain
      at the Vale of Clwydd and at Clarence, N.S.W. The last
      reported sighting was by a woman and her son near the Mort
      Street town houses in July (2002) last year."
      Lithgow, N.S.W. is about 200 kilometers (120 miles)
      west of Sydney. (See the Lithgow, N.S.W. Mercury for
      February 25, 2003, "'That cat' still creates stir." Many
      thanks to Loren Coleman for forwarding this newspaper


      "Investigators have found a heat-resistant tile from
      the shuttle Columbia that was gouged by intense heat and
      speckled with an orange substance that NASA has never seen
      "'I am told this is not typical of a re-entry tile,'
      retired admiral Harold Gehman, chairman of the Columbia
      Accident Investigation Board said Tuesday," February 25,
      2003. "'This is very unusual.'"
      "The first display of clues from Columbia's wreckage
      offered tantalizing hints about what might have happened,
      but did little to unravel the mystery of why the shuttle
      broke apart during re-entry (on Saturday) February 1
      "The tile, recovered in Powell, Texas, about 50 miles

      (80 kilometers) south of Dallas, is important because it
      was found in the westernmost area of the main (shuttle)
      debris field. That indicates it may have come off in the
      early stages of the disaster."
      "The side of the tile that was attached to the
      shuttle was deformed by heat. Gehman said that could
      indicate that heat from within the orbiter burned the
      tile. Investigators believe that hot gas entered the left
      wing as the shuttle flew at more than 200,000 feet (60,000
      "But Gehman cautioned that the marks left by the heat

      could simply have occurred after the shuttle broke apart.
      Investigators do not know where the tile came from on the
      "The other side of the shuttle, which would normally
      fend off temperatures that reach thousands of degrees, was
      mottled and laced with an unknown orange compound."
      "In the final two seconds of data that has been
      recovered, the navigation, computer and power systems were
      functioning normally. But signals from the left wing had
      ceased. This suggests that the seven astronauts could
      have known of the impending disaster."
      "Investigators confirmed that another fragment of
      tile was found more than 350 miles (560 kilometers) west
      and north of Dallas. It may have come from the area where
      the left wing was attached to the fuselage."
      On Thursday, February 27, 2003, "the accident
      investigation board, meanwhile, released two new photos.
      One is an image showing the leading edge of Columbia's
      left wing the first day in orbit. The leading edge, which
      withstands intense heat in re-entry appears to be normal."
      "The other photo, taken after the disaster, shows
      heat-resistant tiles on a portion of the left wing's wheel
      well area, where sensors suggest the problems originated.
      The tiles appear scorched, but the board did not say
      whether they were damaged after the shuttle broke apart or
      by searing heat."
      "A team of aerodynamic experts is studying Columbia's

      path in its final minutes to learn what increased drag the
      left wing, which prompted the shuttle to try to correct
      itself before it broke apart. The data may identify where
      the damage occurred and its size at different points of
      the re-entry."
      "Thermodynamic experts are attempting to determine
      whether heat from re-entry alone, or in combination with
      damage to the tiles, could explain the breakup. On
      previous re-entries, Columbia had heated more than normal
      because turbulent airflows rippled across its underside."
      (See USA Today for February 24, 2003, "Investigators think
      they'll pinpoint shuttle breach," page 5A; for February
      26, 2003, "Scarred shuttle tile 'very unusual'," page 1A;
      and for February 28, 2003, "Congress confronts NASA chief
      on emails," page 2A.)
      (Editor's Comment: And thereby hangs the tale. What
      caused the heat damage to Columbia? Plasma leaking into
      the shuttle via a breach in the left wing? Increased
      temperatures due to skewed airflows? Or was it the
      strange energy bolt that struck Columbia over California?
      For more on the energy bolt, which was photographed by an
      amateur astronomer in San Francisco, see UFO Roundup,
      volume 8, number 7 for February 12, 2003, "Columbia
      destroyed by weird energy bolt?" page 1.)


      On Monday, February 24, 2003, at 8:30 p.m., Dinesh
      Hukmani was at home in the city of Pune, in Maharashtra
      state, India when he spotted a UFO.
      "I was relaxing on my fifth-floor balcony, gazing at
      the stars, when suddenly, in the clear sky amidst lots of
      stars, there appeared this light, star-like but very
      bright. It appeared out of nowhere, grew in intensity,
      diminished and then disappeared. It was all over in a
      matter of three seconds."
      Dinesh Hukmani described the UFO as "round in shape,
      silvery white, star-like, very bright."
      Pune (pronounced Poo-nah--J.T.) is located 180
      kilometers (108 miles) southeast of Mumbai, India's
      largest city.


      On Friday, February 28, 2003, at 6:20 a.m., Ricardo
      Barraza was driving to work in Vina del Mar, a port in
      Chile, when "he looked to the southern sky" and "noticed a
      pulsating luminous object that began to move quickly
      towards the south. He noticed that the light was being
      followed by an enormous dark mass that was easily
      concealed by the darkness of the sky at this early hour."
      Vina del Mar is a suburb just north of the large
      Chilean port city of Valparaiso. (Muchas gracias a Scott
      Corrales y Rodrigo Cuadra Salazar de la revista
      Tecnologia: OVNIs y Ciencia para eso informe.)


      On Saturday, February 22, 2003, at 6:45 p.m., Steve
      Goldman reports, "I was facing north, coming off the
      highway, Interstate I-25, at the Griegos exit" in
      Albuquerque, New Mexico (population 448,607) when "a
      bright flourescent blue lozenge-shaped object flew from
      the west, coming down at around 30 degrees. It seemed to
      be traveling very fast, crossing about a third of my view
      of the horizon in about two seconds. When it reached what
      appeared to be the height of Sandia Peak, 10,000 feet
      (3,000 meters) it simply 'turned off' and disappeared from
      "The object was about the size of an aspirin held at
      arm's length and was a very bright flourescent blue until
      it disappeared. The brightness and color were constant
      while it was in view." (Email Form Report)


      On Wednesday, February 5, 2003, at 9 p.m., David
      Boone was outdoors in a rural area near Hemingway, South
      Carolina (population 573) when he spotted a UFO "with many
      colored lights."
      David reported, "I saw a ball of lights going into
      the woods" just off Highway 51. "At first I thought it
      was a helicopter. It was just off Balex Road, where the
      cows graze. It was a ball of lights. It was big. It had
      all kinds of colored lights on it."
      Hemingway, S.C. is on Highway 51 about 20 miles (32
      kilometers) west of Myrtle Beach. (Email Form Report)



      Giorgio Piacenza of Peru writes, "I never mentioned
      anything about an ET princess wearing something like a
      Tanga (Brazilian string bikini--J.T.) The report from
      Panamericana Television in Lima does not mention this,
      either. Please correct this information which is highly
      inaccurate and detracts from my reputation and from the
      serious and genuine UFO events taking place in northern
      In Peru's department (state) of Piura, "there are
      sightings witnessed by many people and even filmed by
      some. They are occurring close to an archaeological area
      where the pre-Incan Vicus culture thrived. This is the
      news I sent to UFOINFO."
      (Editor's Comment: Giorgio is referring to the story that
      appeared in UFO Roundup, Volume 8, Number 8 for February
      19, 2003, "UFO flap reported in northern Peru," page 5.
      This story was rewritten and appeared in the Spanish-
      language newsletter NotiOVNI for February 23, 2003. The
      original UFO Roundup story listed "Giorgio Piacenza y
      Monica Gaetano de Silva" as sources, which was true
      enough. Giorgio provided the report on the TV broadcast
      of UFO sightings in Chulucanas and Piura La Vieja. Sra.
      de Silva provided a short report on the "Jelu sighting" in
      nearby Tangarara. Since the reported incidents all took
      place in the same area, your editor combined them into one
      story about northern Peru and listed Giorgio and Sra. de
      Silva in the attribution line. However, when NotiOVNI re-
      ran the story in Spanish, they omitted Sra. de Silva's
      name. In retrospect, the fault is your editor's--I should
      have been a lot more specific in the attribution, and I
      apologize. So let me clear this up right now. Giorgio
      Piacenza contributed the report about Television
      Panamericana, Canal (Channel) 5 in Lima's 15-minute news
      special on the UFO sightings and videotapings in
      Chulucanas and Piura La Vieja--Monica Gaetano de Silva
      contributed the report about la princesa de los hermanos
      espaciales appearing in Tangarara.)

      From the UFO Files...

      1978: THE LOURDES OF

      Our Story So Far: "In 1907, following a fatal attempt

      to halt a runaway train carriage, a young rail worker,
      William T. Steenson, was laid to rest" at the old Pioneer
      Cemetery on Terania Street in North Lismore, New South
      Wales, Australia.
      "Soon after his death, the graveyard ceased taking new
      burials and became overgrown."
      During World War I, "locals began to notice the cross

      on Steenson's grave glowing in the dark" like an electric
      light bulb. The cross, made of Balmoral red granite from
      Scotland, bore Steenson's name and a carving of a Masonic
      compass-and-square symbol.
      Throughout the Twentieth Century, "the Lismore cross"

      periodically manifested its unearthly light. As late as
      1968, the manifestation remained a local phenomenon. All
      that changed, however, ten years later, in 1978...
      "A two-metre-high granite cross which lights up every

      night near an abandoned North Lismore cemetery has the
      people of Lismore mystified and some people terrified."
      "The cross was erected over the grave of a 29-year-
      old railway guard more than 70 years ago."
      "Now each night the headstone which once stood over
      Steenson's grave glows spectacularly. It lights up as a
      perfectly formed cross among dozens of other headstones."
      "People go there every night. Some kneel in front of

      it and others talk to it."
      "So far there is no scientific explanation for the
      phenomenon other than that the granite is somehow
      reflecting light."
      "But the nearest street lights are nearly a kilometre

      away, and the cross glows when there is no moon."
      "Hundreds of people last night (Friday, February 17,
      2003) gathered at North Lismore to witness the mysterious
      glowing cross at the old North Lismore cemetery."
      "People from all parts of Lismore lined an old wire
      fence adjacent to the cemetery in threes and fours to see
      the strange phenomenon for themselves."
      "Cars lined Terania Street for more than 50 metres
      (165 feet). People lined up in the corridor from which
      the glowing cross of granite can be seen."
      "More than 120 people were already at the viewing
      site at 8:15 p.m. when The Northern Star arrived. More
      came during the next hour."
      When The Northern Star published its photos of the
      glowing cross the following day, the phenomenon became a
      media sensation.
      On Tuesday, February 21, 1978, "television crews from

      Channels 7, 9 and 10 in Sydney and cameramen from the
      Sydney Mirror and Sydney Sun had a field day on the
      cemetery hill."
      "The hardened newsmen and cameramen from the
      television stations and newspapers said the trip had been
      more than worthwhile."
      "'It impressed me and I've seen a lot of impressive
      things in 20 years in journalism,' one of them said."
      "The old cemetery has never seen scenes like it
      before--nor has Lismore for that matter."
      Neville Steenson, the grandson of W.T. Steenson,
      pleaded in vain with the crowds to leave his grandfather's
      grave undisturbed. Vandals and souvenir hunters were
      using hammers, stone chisels and rocks to chip off pieces
      of "the magic headstone."
      But no one could figure out just why this strange
      manifestation was going on. Although a member of several
      fraternal lodges, W.T. Steenson had no known interest in
      religious or occult matters.
      Within a week, pilgrims from elsewhere in Australia
      began arriving in force.
      "Mrs. Zillah McJannett, a (Queensland) Gold Coast
      housewife, says the cross could help to give people like
      herself peace and there was nothing wrong with that."
      "'They could make a walkway to the cross or a shrine
      there,' Mrs. McJannett said. 'Some church people are
      saying that Lismore should not become another Lourdes.
      Why not?'"
      Rev. A. Dann of the Bible Methodist Church of
      Australia agreed with Mrs. McJannett and suggested that
      "Lismore's glowing cross could become a new Lourdes."
      But the prospect horrified other churchmen. "Mr.
      Dann's claim that the cross could lead to the
      establishment of another Lourdes was rejected yesterday by
      the Bishop of Lismore, Dr. J.S. Satterthwaite, and the
      Rector of St. Andrew's Anglican Church, the Rev. A.
      "Dr. Satterthwaite said the cross was not a religious

      shrine 'and I am not going to start leading pilgrimages to
      That didn't keep the pilgrims away, though. Nine
      months later, in November 1978, David Elizalde, "a
      Filipino faith healer from Sydney led a group of five
      families from various suburbs of Sydney to see Lismore's
      mysterious glowing cross...The group arrived on Friday and
      visited the cross of light that evening."
      Local motel owner Bill Swaby told The Northern Star:
      "A steady flow of people has been visiting Lismore just to
      see the cross. The first thing they ask is: Where is the
      glowing cross?"
      The manifestation also brought forward a witness to a

      similar phenomenon--Mrs. Marianne Kempnich, who wrote, "My
      husband and I recently spent two years teaching at the
      small north-western town of Mungindi. While there, the
      locals often spoke of a glowing headstone at the
      (Editor's Note: If any of our Australian readers have more
      information about the phenomenon in Mungindi, please send
      an email to UFO Roundup.)
      In February 1978, Rev. Dann warned that unless the
      Steenson cross was "fenced off or moved...the cross would
      be defaced or stolen."
      Eight years later, on Tuesday, March 18, 1986, the
      minister's prediction came true. Chief health surveyor J.
      Douglass "said that his works supervisor, Mr. Jim Ward,
      had told him that the cross was missing" and "that the 1.3
      metre (4-foot) high granite cross had been removed from
      its pedestal 'during the past month.'"
      Seventeen years later, "the Lismore cross" is still
      missing. But it has become one of Australia's enduring
      mysteries. (See the Sunday Telegraph for December 22,
      2002, "Cross that glowed," page 114; the Sydney Morning
      Herald for February 21, 1978, "Mystery of the glowing
      cross," page 3; The Northern Star for February 18, 1978,
      "Lismore's fiery cross," page 1; for February 22, 1978,
      "Media converges on cross," page 2; for February 23, 1978,
      "'Cross could become a new Lourdes,'" page 3; for February
      24, 1978, "Phenomenon can 'bring people closer to God,'"
      page 3; for November 3, 1978, "Faith pilgrimage to glowing
      cross," page 5; and for March 21, 1986, "Mystery cross
      disappears," page 1. Many thanks to Jeremy Fenton and
      Steven Fawcett for forwarding the Australian newspaper

      Well, that's it for this week. Join us next time for

      more UFO, Fortean and paranormal news from around the
      planet Earth, brought to you by "the paper that goes home-
      -UFO Roundup." See you next time.

      UFO ROUNDUP: Copyright 2003 by Masinaigan Productions, all
      rights reserved. Readers may post news items from UFO
      Roundup on their websites or in news groups provided that
      they credit the newsletter and its editor by name and list
      the date of issue in which the item first appeared.

      E-Mail Reports to: Joseph Trainor <Masinaigan@...>
      or use the Sighting Report Form at:


      Website comments: John Hayes <webmaster@...>

      UFOINFO: http://www.ufoinfo.com

      Official Archives of UFO Roundup, AUFORN Australian
      UFO Reports and Experiences, UFO + PSI Magazine, plus
      archives of Filer's Files, Oz Files, UFO News UK and
      UFO Sightings Italia.
      UFO Roundup is only sent to subscribers.
      If you wish to unsubscribe or feel you have received
      the bulletin in error, please write to:


      With the subject: Unsubscribe UFO Roundup.
    Your message has been successfully submitted and would be delivered to recipients shortly.