Re:Reply..Roger...Columbia Explosion Conspiracy

  • wsmith51@aol.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 2, 2003
      In a message dated 2/2/2003 3:57:38 PM Eastern Standard Time,
      R.J.Anderton@... writes:

      > Sandy
      >
      > Your point presumably - being that some people like getting hurt. Like
      > some
      > people (Bug Chasers) like catching a fatal illness.
      >
      > Roger

      Hey Roger,

      My point is........we have gotten to be a society where injury or death is
      not supposed to occur......I hate to see people die as much as anyone, but
      death is a part of life..........Also........where is the spirit that make
      things happen anymore........anytime something new needs to be explored, no
      matter what it is, injury or death is the risk we take for
      exploring...........I would personally rather touch a rock on the moon up
      close and in person than having something metal touch it and bring it back to
      me that I am controlling through electrical signals 250,000 miles
      away........It is like........"Been there, done that."....an achievement of
      the personal kind instead of the impersonal kind........and I think that this
      is a much better way to live life.........

      PS.......the bug chasers are just nuts........who wants to get sick and feel
      bad?.......

      PS # 2......I saw a news report one time where they were interviewing gay
      people out in San Fransico....and they reported that a large % of the gay
      community is no longer using protection.....and you know why.......because
      they are upset because the gay community in SF is not getting the publicity
      like it did in the early years of HIV/Aids......so they feel if there is an
      increase in the disease then the more publicity will come their
      way...........I personally say if this is their attitude......then more death
      to them...........it is not my life.....I like living.

      Sandy

    • Roger Anderton
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 3, 2003
        Sandy

        Sandy> ...........I would personally rather touch a rock on the moon up
        > close and in person than having something metal touch it and bring it back
        > me that I am controlling through electrical signals 250,000 miles
        > away........

        Well that's your personal choice. But the world is made up of people full of
        different
        opinions, and some people would think that exploing space by robot is
        better, because
        it is cheaper and does not endanger astronaut lives etc.

        All the different people with their different opinions start squabbling
        about what to do,
        and out comes the decision of what to do.

        Its costing a lot of money for a few people to have a 'personal experience'
        using obsolete
        technology; when the money could be much better used elsewhere in the space
        program.

        Bug- chasers want to waste money, people wanting 'personal experience'
        shuttle flights are
        also wasting money.

        Roger

      • wsmith51@aol.com
        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 3, 2003
          In a message dated 2/3/2003 1:04:21 PM Eastern Standard Time,
          R.J.Anderton@... writes:

          > Well that's your personal choice.

          Oh yeah.......I let every body have their own personal choice as long as it
          does not impede on my life......More power to them.

          Sandy