Shuttle Tradgedy

  • Namaste
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 2, 2003
      Hello all listers,
      Such things as this terrible tragedy make us think of the fragility of all
      life, on and off this planet. Before the sorrow and grief have lessened,
      maybe we should consider just what it is we are doing on this beautiful blue
      planet of ours.
      Brave men and women have died because we do not have our priorities
      straight.
      Sending people up in 1970's tin cans whilst simultaneously making plans for
      the destruction of innocent men and women, on all sides of the potential
      war.
      What matters most to us? Global Peace or Global War?
      We cannot build peace on war, equally so we cannot risk the lives of our
      bravest in out of date tin cans.
      There is yet a chance to consider the possibilities, step back from the
      precipice.
      Do not let these brave men and women's lives just fade in a greater tragedy.
      We have been given an opportunity to learn from our experience, a moment in
      time has been frozen, in our rush for conflict.
      Now is the time to make brave decisions.
      We may not get another chance.

      Peace

      Phil